Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Out For Now

KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I just want to express to EA/Maxis that as a life-long Simmer I have reached a point where I'm just done hanging on to expectations and hopes for this series. The "My First Pet Stuff" is the final nail in the coffin. When "Cats & Dogs" was announced instead of just "Pets" I knew that this would be a very SLIM pack compared to what we used to have in TS3. From viewing the trailer, I can see that this pack should have been tied into "Cats & Dogs." I was very disapointed to see how limited that expansion was, no small animals or caged birds/reptiles like previous iterations.

This year, TS4 will be 4 years old. We have half the content that TS3 received in that amount of time. I never defended TS3 until now because I always thought the Sims were ugly and the worlds seemed cheap; when TS4 came out I never looked back. I bought TS4 Digital Deluxe and have purchased every DLC available. (Except for Jungle adventure) I won't purchase that "Game pack" either because it's not enough. Stop taking full expansion concepts and trimming them to fit into a game pack. I hated TS3 store so I'm glad that didn't make a return but come on. The formula to The Sims has been severely interfered with. It's unfortunate because I think TS4 is the best looking title to date, aesthetically.

Of the DLC we have now, how many missed connections are there?
No bunkbeds in Parenthood/Kids/Toddler stuff.
No bikes/strollers in Parenthood/Kids/Toddler stuff.
No slow dancing in Get Together.
No Bands/Celebrity status.
No burglars in Get to Work. (Where are the risks in this game? Unpredictability? Dangers?)
No crafting trades in GTW either. (Toys, flowers, electronics etc?)
No tattoo artists or makeovers for the current HIDEOUS randomized townies. Ugh.
No swimmable oceans/ponds/lakes in Jungle/Outdoor retreat.
No zombies, robots, werewolves, plantsims, witches, etc.
No driveable cars/garage items.
No university, seasons, proper vacations.
No small animals/pets in "cats & dogs".
No seamless viewing of apartments of the same building to visit neighbors.

I realize there is only so much they can add per pack, I really do. And some of the new ideas are nice. But I am always running out of things to do with my Sims. TS4 likely has less than one year of life left before a possible TS5 announcement. Did the Maxis studio budget get severely cut, limiting gameplay additions to the game? Why isn't EA pumping this franchise with developers and $$$ to load us up with desirable content? These are just things I have been thinking about constantly and need to vent. I'm hoping the right "SimGuru" will come upon this and take it for full value. This is important to myself and many other long-time members of The Sims community.

Comments

• Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Well Said. I actually gave up on TS4 a long time ago...but held out hope that it would improve. it hasn't.

I suppose we could dream about a next Sims game that can actually stand next to the games of now and the future with improvements in graphics and hardware/Software that make games look so crisp and more realistic. But I don't know if EA is up to that challenge when it comes to the Sims Franchise. They like to keep it old school when it comes to computer specs, graphics and OS systems. They also like the formula they have created with EP, GP, and SP. They could give up on the whole thing today and still make money of the good name of The sims.

It would be great if they would take our ideas and really see them for what they are, instead of getting offended by it. We only want a great gaming experience...and we have been willing to pay good money for it.

If they are truly in the process of making another Sims game... a Sims 5.... I hope it's great. They only way that would happen is if they raise the bar really super high. A base game loaded with a lot of features they reserve for EP's. A base pack with Weather, Pets, Careers, Family (I'm talking at least 8 life stages) Building tools and options...lots of them, landscaping tools, tons of color, texture, furniture and decor options. A base game so big you need a new gaming rig to play it. And before anyone goes all ballistic on me for saying so... If you can dish out the cash that has been spend on TS4 with all it's EP, GP, and SP... then you can afford to upgrade your existing computer to run a newer fuller Sims game. And even with a full Base game like this... there is still room for more original DLC expansion... instead of the same ole thing over and over.

That is the only way I will invest into another version of this franchise. Otherwise....I will move on and find other games to play and when I feel nostalgic for the sims...I always have TS2 and TS3 (which plays great on my computer).
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited March 2018
    Welcome to the new Sims where stockholders are valued more than players (ironic given the loss of players and therefore market value)
    Post edited by cactusjuice on
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I was away for almost one year since parenthood GP. Now I am back to try JA. I guess like all games u need new content to renew the interests.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I feel ya dude :blush: So many missed opportunities this time around, a lot of the content doesn't seem fully fleshed out. It could have been amazing... but I don't know, it just falls short and feels shallow to me too.
  • Options
    DOKKOMDOKKOM Posts: 27 Member
    Caaaaars!!!!!
  • Options
    Imaginativ3Imaginativ3 Posts: 51 Member
    Agreed with everything the o.p. said except - I like jungle adventure and game packs (if the expansion packs were fully fleshed out and had depth - then game packs would be a welcome extra that most people wouldn't mind paying for)
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I'm not sure if there is a Sims 5 coming anytime soon. I have many reasons for believing they're gonna keep working on Sims 4 for awhile;

1.) Like you've stated in your post, this amount of content they've put out so far is half of what Sims 3 put out in the same amount of time. I get the feeling they're not finished; the devs are taking things more slowly with the Sims 4, making everything more fleshed out, which I like.

2.) Budget cuts. Remember when one of those devs tweeted that they're not working on a Sims 5, and that if the Sims 4 doesn't do well, there won't be a Sims 5? As much as I feel like he shouldn't have posted that, I think it's true. Let's be honest, Sims 4 debuted with a lack of content, and I believe the game was rushed out. They've spent so long coding the game, giving us back those features that should've been there upon release; I don't think working on the Sims 5 was really something they had much time for.
    And then there's also the fact that while I think Sims 4 and it's expansions are selling well, due to the amount of complaints, I don't think they're making as much money from Sims 4 as the previous games. If they were to release a Sims 5 anytime soon, it could be even more lackluster than what we've got now.

So yeah, I think Sims 4 is gonna stay around for quite awhile before a Sims 5 is announced; but who knows, I could be wrong.
    I would prefer the Sims team to take their time releasing packs, since I prefer quality over quantity. It feels like the Sims 4 came out not too long ago, so I'm not really ready for a Sims 5 yet

Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    And what about weather? I am desperate for some indication that it will be included in the Sims 4. I don't want any other stuff packs or adventure packs until we get weather. It's been too long.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    OP I feel ya. What you pointed out about "Pets" I have actually observed in all the expansion packages and for other reasons all my own, I have bought none of them. I would make an exception for Seasons or Weather but I got a feeling that would be too thin in scope for the price as well.

Only My Opinion/gut feeling.

If TS 4 is so lacking in depth and development beyond the great looks, why expect a TS 5? Where would they go from here? VR? --Any new iteration of any game needs a WOW factor.

Would they be willing to design and launch a game that requires expensive equipment-- beyond what is already needed for "4" with all the bells and whistles. Full-bore gamer rigs seem to be advisable to those who want to know what they need to play "4" with all packs so far, taking into account the ones they'll no doubt hatch this year and the next. Personally, while buying or even building a gamer-class computer system is within my financial reach I choose not to expend resources on something useful for just gaming. "That's Just Me".

The Sims franchise itself is approaching its 20th anniversary. The core concept was born and developed in the late 1990s. It's also a niche game, as compared to EA's top shelf titles.

Seems to me that they'll issue expansion material through 2020 and call it a day. If I were among the EA bean-counters, that is what I would definitely suggest.

• Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Im not moving on to sims 5. I enjoy sims 4.

Once that stops being fun and interesting to me , I will move on from the sims altogether and play other games. Thats why I chose a "gaming" pc so I could run other stuff also.

And when gaming stops being fun...I'll just use my computer for practicing my writing skills or something.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Just adding to the list:

-You can't actually visit a doctor in 'Get-to-work'
    -You can't actually work in a restaurant in 'Dine out'
    -You can't build an apartment in 'City living'

Also lacking:

-Hardly any relationship to their surroundings. They have no memories, no rage periods, lacklustre reactions and traits. Moodlets act as smoke and mirrors for all of this.

-They lack turn ons/offs , likes/dislikes, more traits, zodiacs, anything that might make their personality interesting.

-Couldn't even give us open-neighbourhoods. I understand not having open worlds but, even neighbourhoods? You can go to someones house, but need a loading screen to actually get inside? Silly.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I'm adding my favorite:
    as of recent, there are 2 packs (an EPa nd a SP) focusing on pets, yet neither one features parrots or reptiles
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member

I wish they stopped stuff packs and made two GP teams. By the time they release the requested content, we will have a ton of stuff packs. I can’t imagine. I think they need to combine their resources and work on
    More Gp’s
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Sadly, I couldn't agree with you more. I didn't buy TS4 when it first debuted, simply because I was content playing the older games. I decided to give it a chance recently and while there are a few things I like about it, overall, it's lacking in depth and by extension for me personally, fun. I was impressed with the CAS at first, but after playing the game for a number of hours, I've realised that the CAS is about all there is to enjoy. Maybe that's fine if you're making themed YouTube tutorials, but I need my game to have more than that. I haven't played it vanilla either, I've added a few expansions and game packs - as it stands, I see no reason to buy anymore for the time being.

I'm also an old school simmer, I've been playing since 1 and have played various Sims games on multiple consoles and loyally bought new expansions upon release over the years. My passion for the series started to wane with 3 and 4 didn't bring it back, it only solidified my point in that I'm not finding The Sims franchise as fun as I used to. It's shame because I don't want this franchise to fail, I adore The Sims and have done since the first day I played it. I don't take any pleasure out of being negative about EA's decision regarding the franchise. I just feel like we're at a point where all we're doing is regressing and that this is going to cause the future of the franchise to be in jeopardy.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    I feel the same and right now I don´t think I'm gonna buy The Sims 5. I really enjoy playing this iteration but is lacking, for me it doesn't feel like The Sims at all, sometimes I just take a moment to realise if I'm getting too old for this game :(.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Sure ts4 has its faults, but it has some really great things too!
    Sims can multi task & dance together as a group.
    Rome wasn't built in a day.
    This is only the 4th installment.
    I think sim players expect EA to give them everything they want in the same game. They have to learn how to get it all together, though. Trail and error. TS4 may be an error, but EA has more exp to make us a 5th game that is even better.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sure ts4 has its faults, but it has some really great things too!
    Sims can multi task & dance together as a group.
    Dance together? do you mean that staged dance on a object otherwise they really cant dance together they are in a world of their own if only they really could dance together.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    What I find almost laughable is that the modding community is able to create better content in their self-made stuff packs, and provide interactions that were found in previous sims games (like the slow dancing you mentioned), objects that we had (even if they aren't perfect), etc...; yet EA can't see fit to go the extra mile and put together a complete EP. I knew this was my last sims franchise game when I could not play for a year and not even care. I even lost two entire households that I spent a lot of time on, again, I didn't care. I'm not buying another EP, GP, or SP until they make them complete and stop being greedy for every dollar they think they can get.
    #NoTS5
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    @Kolby I agree with you completely. Sims 4 is still missing so much and still feels very flat and shallow. I really miss the community feel of Sims 3. I miss seeing my neighbors going about their lives. I miss seeing them coming and going from their homes and seeing their children or pets playing in their backyards. I can build a gorgeous park or restaurant and place it next door but it will always be deserted and empty unless my Sim is actually at the location. I hope Sims 5 has open neighborhoods at least if not a complete open world.

I recently started playing a new game and I am so in love with the feel of community. Everyday people come out of their homes to walk to work or school. They eat in the restaurants, go to church, do yoga in the town center and go fishing in the local streams. It feels so full. They are not just randomly jogging\walking around with absolutely no purpose.

I also really miss the lack of choices. I want to play this save as a vampire family that takes over the entire world and then in the next save I want no supernaturals at all. Or maybe I want to play the crazy cat lady and then the next game I want to be the cat. I miss playing my way.

• Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Agreed. And I agree with someone who said they need more GPs and less SPs. I think stuff packs are the biggest waste of money of them all. (just my opinion.) I actually think GPs are the best value, they add a gameplay element as well as stuff. They are just like mini EPs.

If there is to be a Sims 5 they need it to be a lot better and different. Maybe take some stuff back to Sims 3. Open world's, customisation for clothes and decor back.
    I think for ageing they should make it gradual!(if that's even possible?) No more spinning in stars and ta-da. Make it gradual. Oh! And have babies as babies not objects!!

As well as have things like weather and university as base game!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Nimie wrote: »
    I feel the same and right now I don´t think I'm gonna buy The Sims 5. I really enjoy playing this iteration but is lacking, for me it doesn't feel like The Sims at all, sometimes I just take a moment to realise if I'm getting too old for this game :(.

I feel the same way, and sometimes i think too if i'm too old for this type of game. But then i see that i'm not the only one with this opinion and we aren't only a few simmers either.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well don’t mind me as I’m playing my favourite game (TS4) with all packs up to date, eagerly awaiting more. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I was away for almost one year since parenthood GP. Now I am back to try JA. I guess like all games u need new content to renew the interests.
    Not necessarily, no. I'm playing a firefighter (2010) who's exploring tombs in China (2009) right now and I'm having fun.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am feeling a lot of this, but Toddlers, Parenthood, and my current game play scenario has me actually enjoying the game currently.
    I am eagerly awaiting University and Seasons, and hopefully a Witches game pack, Farming, and some sort of Superstar expansion.
    Hopefully they will add missing NPCs, make traits matter more, and add more drama and danger.
    #DramaAndDanger
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I feel you!! This is why a lot of times I go back to the older games. Sims 4 to me just lacks that special feeling when I play. I do enjoy it but like you, I find myself getting bored too quickly.