Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paying more for an EP in Europe than in the US

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    UK price includes VAT (basically a national rate Sales Tax, with minimums set by the EU). EPs went up to £34.99 (+£5) and GPs went up to £17.99 (+£3) earlier this year. SPs stayed the same. Due to exchange rate dropping/conversion instability.

I pre-ordered C&D on CD Keys for £22.99 though, so it pays to shop around.

I pre ordered on cd keys too.. but mine cost £25.99 because I did it weeks ago! Thought it might go back up, not down!

I thought I had ordered weeks ago for that price, but I obviously didn't finish the transaction because I had no email/PayPal record. It was cheaper when I went back to "redo" it.

I think how their site works is that they order in bulk at the last minute (key arrived a few hours before release for CL), so the more orders they get, the cheaper they can negotiate. It might go down again before release.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Seems like a load of BS to me. It's not as though there's some law that's pricing an EP at $40 and a GP at $20, for example. The fact that new games are usually sold for $60 is an arbitrary amount that somebody invented. It's possible that due to some kind of hidden fees, the translated profit is equal for them... but if it results in an overall unequal cost for the customer, I'd consider that a problem.

It's not exactly a stretch to bet that it wasn't a charitable mindset setting those prices...

I don't know if I'm truly being fair. I just get cynical fast when it comes to matters of money.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    Me reading through this thread and realizing I'm paying less than the US conversion:

475213e064fe8a066ae86226c140e610--funny-school-school-humor.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    UK price includes VAT (basically a national rate Sales Tax, with minimums set by the EU). EPs went up to £34.99 (+£5) and GPs went up to £17.99 (+£3) earlier this year. SPs stayed the same. Due to exchange rate dropping/conversion instability.

Thanks for the tip - just got mine for £23.99 from CD Keys (so about $30) Woohoo
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    For all people in the U.S. target has a 50% off sale for Cats and Dogs and other Sims 4 titles :)
  • Options
    boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    edited November 2017
    @LenaDieters11 thank you for the info!
    Post edited by boykinater18 on
  • Options
    tegteg87 wrote: »

Thanks for the tip - just got mine for £23.99 from CD Keys (so about $30) Woohoo

Does anyone know if we for sure get cats and dogs at midnight Friday from cd keys?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Does anyone know if we for sure get cats and dogs at midnight Friday from cd keys?

Someone was mentioned that target and Walmart actually have disc. Not just a disk box with a CD code. I think it might have been @SimplyJen that was discussing this somewhere. She may also know when the cd keys are available

Love your siggy . Ru pack :)
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 thank you :smile:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @boykinater18 your very welcome :)
  • Options
    littlemisstormlittlemisstorm Posts: 79 Member
    I per ordered my copy at Smyth Toys for £30 but I have been told by them it is a disk copy.

It was one of the cheapest I found especially for a disk copy of the ep.
  • Options

I've heard of people getting their codes a few days before release with plenty of time to get it set to download before release. I haven't had mine yet, but literally only ordered it this morning.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Aww it sucks that target shut down in Canada. I wonder if other places has deals.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

Further reading tells me that CDKeys release codes the day before a release so should be all set to go as soon as the game is released worldwide.