Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live stream

Comments

• Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Please someone post a working link to a recording of the live stream.

I think this is it?
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/01/watch-live-sims-4-cats-dogs-livebuildbuy-mode-live-stream/
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who was a little put off by the live stream? There were many hilarious moments and I enjoyed most of it for sure - I laughed at a lot of the jokes and really enjoyed seeing the world and the gameplay and everything they showed. As much as I miss real graveyards too, I love the little pet cemetery they built and I loved the fact that I can tear down the museum on the island and place a house there if I want. Seeing these things made me more excited for the pack to release! And, no, I don't care about the comment about the dog houses - I took it in more of a joking fashion and don't REALLY think they actually mean that people who have dog houses are bad pet owners. I didn't take that literally at all.

But I was a little put off by the commentators telling people what questions they could/could not ask. They weren't exactly polite about it. I absolutely understand that they've answered many of these questions multiple times over and that it gets old having to repeat the answers over and over again. I understand they've already done live streams about certain things and wanted to save this for the world and gameplay. I also completely understand that they can't talk about future content. I wasn't so much annoyed by the fact that they asked people at the beginning not to ask those questions. But that chat was moving SO fast. And I'm sure some people came into it late and missed the "rules" so when they sort of snapped at people for asking those questions, I was a little disappointed. If you don't wanna answer the questions, I totally get it. I just felt they could have been a little nicer or even just ignore the questions as a whole and not draw attention to it. I just wasn't expecting such a snappy response and it kind of put me off from wanting to watch another one. I know I probably sound overly sensitive, and maybe I am, I just...idk. I feel like the point could have been made in a more professional a polite way. If I talked to my clients at work that way I wouldn't have a job.

@a_niles06 - maybe you missed the last livestream that these three did because it was the exact same way; whereas in the last livestream, the three gurus that did it, simply ignored repeat questions or speculations on future content and left it whoever was typing answers. Different gurus just handle the streams differently.

Yes this is the first one I've watched - I was actually home from work today and had time so I sat and watched. And I suppose other people didn't mind their response and would find just ignoring the questions rude too. To each their own I suppose, it just rubbed me the wrong way. If I had not already made the choice to purchase the game and were new to the series as a whole, the way they talked to their fans may have put me off buying. But like I said, I may just be overly sensitive today for some reason. It just came across super rude at points.

I think you've got more people being rubbed the wrong way about the doghouses comment than Grant telling people they won't speculate about future content, but yes, I agree, to each their own. And no worries, we all have overly sensitive days :mrgreen:

See, now that one didn't bother me! Probably because it came across as more of a joke (while not necessarily polite, it still came across as just a bad joke to me) and because I'm not too shaken by the no doghouse thing. But when they told people to stop asking about CAP or other things they already covered, that wasn't a joke so it came off more rude to me I guess. Just goes to show it all comes down to how each person individually takes it! It's interesting to see the dynamic and see what upsets some people and what doesn't upset others.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Am I the only one who was a little put off by the live stream? There were many hilarious moments and I enjoyed most of it for sure - I laughed at a lot of the jokes and really enjoyed seeing the world and the gameplay and everything they showed. As much as I miss real graveyards too, I love the little pet cemetery they built and I loved the fact that I can tear down the museum on the island and place a house there if I want. Seeing these things made me more excited for the pack to release! And, no, I don't care about the comment about the dog houses - I took it in more of a joking fashion and don't REALLY think they actually mean that people who have dog houses are bad pet owners. I didn't take that literally at all.

But I was a little put off by the commentators telling people what questions they could/could not ask. They weren't exactly polite about it. I absolutely understand that they've answered many of these questions multiple times over and that it gets old having to repeat the answers over and over again. I understand they've already done live streams about certain things and wanted to save this for the world and gameplay. I also completely understand that they can't talk about future content. I wasn't so much annoyed by the fact that they asked people at the beginning not to ask those questions. But that chat was moving SO fast. And I'm sure some people came into it late and missed the "rules" so when they sort of snapped at people for asking those questions, I was a little disappointed. If you don't wanna answer the questions, I totally get it. I just felt they could have been a little nicer or even just ignore the questions as a whole and not draw attention to it. I just wasn't expecting such a snappy response and it kind of put me off from wanting to watch another one. I know I probably sound overly sensitive, and maybe I am, I just...idk. I feel like the point could have been made in a more professional a polite way. If I talked to my clients at work that way I wouldn't have a job.

@a_niles06 - maybe you missed the last livestream that these three did because it was the exact same way; whereas in the last livestream, the three gurus that did it, simply ignored repeat questions or speculations on future content and left it whoever was typing answers. Different gurus just handle the streams differently.

Yes this is the first one I've watched - I was actually home from work today and had time so I sat and watched. And I suppose other people didn't mind their response and would find just ignoring the questions rude too. To each their own I suppose, it just rubbed me the wrong way. If I had not already made the choice to purchase the game and were new to the series as a whole, the way they talked to their fans may have put me off buying. But like I said, I may just be overly sensitive today for some reason. It just came across super rude at points.

I think you've got more people being rubbed the wrong way about the doghouses comment than Grant telling people they won't speculate about future content, but yes, I agree, to each their own. And no worries, we all have overly sensitive days :mrgreen:

See, now that one didn't bother me! Probably because it came across as more of a joke (while not necessarily polite, it still came across as just a bad joke to me) and because I'm not too shaken by the no doghouse thing. But when they told people to stop asking about CAP or other things they already covered, that wasn't a joke so it came off more rude to me I guess. Just goes to show it all comes down to how each person individually takes it! It's interesting to see the dynamic and see what upsets some people and what doesn't upset others.

I'm not bothered by it either, but I don't think it was a joke; I'd say that's how he personally feels and that's his right to express it, but it probably wasn't the right place nor time to say it.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member

I'm not bothered by it either, but I don't think it was a joke; I'd say that's how he personally feels and that's his right to express it, but it probably wasn't the right place nor time to say it.

It could be! And if that's how he really feels, he's got some backwards thinking if you ask me...yes, SOME people may use doghouses in a less than kind manner but most people don't. And I would much rather have my animal have a house to sit in outside if they happen to get out or something than just be roaming around outside with no shelter.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    Who all were the guru's that were streaming? Was it Grant, Antonio, and I can't recall the other guy's name.

Grant, Antonio and JM.

Thanks. Do you know JM's Twitter name?
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Who all were the guru's that were streaming? Was it Grant, Antonio, and I can't recall the other guy's name.

Grant, Antonio and JM.

Thanks. Do you know JM's Twitter name?

@SimGuruJM
  • Options
    Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member

I agree with all of this. I felt like I was back at school (and its been a loooong time for me) being told off by a teacher! Instead of repeating the rules and being rude to the viewers, who by the way, are your CUSTOMERS (I feel like that is forgotten sometimes), they'd be better off ignoring the questions they don't want to answer and actually focussing on the appropriate comments and questions they can address!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yeah, I loved the livestream. I was excited when they said that they are planning to do weekly ones.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I liked it and was glad Grant got after people for asking the same thing that gets asked so very often. That stream could have lasted longer for me but , hey, I do want to find out some stuff on my own when I get the expansion.
    I will check out the upcoming live streams later , they really made me laugh.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Thanks to everyone who participated, both on screen and behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    I wanted to see the mystery skunk. Is it a actual animal or do the pets just return stinking of skunk?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I wanted to see the mystery skunk. Is it a actual animal or do the pets just return stinking of skunk.

Me too. Unfortunately, I think it's probably just a message that pops up after they get home saying, "Oh No! Your pet was sprayed by a skunk! Make sure you give them a bath!"

Actually, how would this work with cats, since they can't be bathed? Do they just lick the stink off?
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I wanted to see the mystery skunk. Is it a actual animal or do the pets just return stinking of skunk.

Me too. Unfortunately, I think it's probably just a message that pops up after they get home saying, "Oh No! Your pet was sprayed by a skunk! Make sure you give them a bath!"

Actually, how would this work with cats, since they can't be bathed? Do they just lick the stink off?

Most likely. Better make sure you have a lot of tomatoes on hand, lol.
  • Options
    paris_simmerparis_simmer Posts: 16 Member
    [quote="a_niles06;c-16126166"]Am I the only one who was a little put off by the live stream? There were many hilarious moments and I enjoyed most of it for sure - I laughed at a lot of the jokes and really enjoyed seeing the world and the gameplay and everything they showed. As much as I miss real graveyards too, I love the little pet cemetery they built and I loved the fact that I can tear down the museum on the island and place a house there if I want. Seeing these things made me more excited for the pack to release! And, no, I don't care about the comment about the dog houses - I took it in more of a joking fashion and don't REALLY think they actually mean that people who have dog houses are bad pet owners. I didn't take that literally at all.

But I was a little put off by the commentators telling people what questions they could/could not ask. They weren't exactly polite about it. I absolutely understand that they've answered many of these questions multiple times over and that it gets old having to repeat the answers over and over again. I understand they've already done live streams about certain things and wanted to save this for the world and gameplay. I also completely understand that they can't talk about future content. I wasn't so much annoyed by the fact that they asked people at the beginning not to ask those questions. But that chat was moving SO fast. And I'm sure some people came into it late and missed the "rules" so when they sort of snapped at people for asking those questions, I was a little disappointed. If you don't wanna answer the questions, I totally get it. I just felt they could have been a little nicer or even just ignore the questions as a whole and not draw attention to it. I just wasn't expecting such a snappy response and it kind of put me off from wanting to watch another one. I know I probably sound overly sensitive, and maybe I am, I just...idk. I feel like the point could have been made in a more professional a polite way. If I talked to my clients at work that way I wouldn't have a job. [/quote]

This was really frustrating to me. I didn’t finish watching the livestream because it wasn’t exciting or fun to watch when it felt like we (the sims community) we’re getting berated for asking questions. It definitely made me uncomfortable.
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

I watching it right now and I also found it a little off putting, even though I understand their frustration about constantly being asked about new content etc. I am also finding it a bit harder to follow than the vet stream, as they are often talking over each other. Oh welll more for me to discover on my own.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think it would be smarter to simply ignore questions that they can't answer and answer ones they can. Talking about what they can't say is a waste of time that could be used to answer questions.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 511 Member
    To me the most surprising part is that we saw very brief glimpses of some good ideas. Nothing that could save the pack, but nonetheless good ideas, and yet they neglected those.

At one point a hint seemed to imply different pets are assigned different fascinations and fears, for example one cat seemed to be afraid of vacuums while drawn to the TV as a fascination. I think this is a neat little way to provide them with some personality....but they didn't even really showcase this. They also have a new aspiration and the vet skill, but didn't go into detail about either of those. (and didn't detail the vet skill in the last stream either)

To me that's odd because I think it would've been better to showcase those a bit as strong points, yet they didn't. Instead they opted to showcase the exact same build mode objects we've already seen in every possible color. They even said they don't have time to show every possible color, then proceeded to show off every possible color, as if desperately attempting to kill time. I honestly felt the decals got more coverage than actual gameplay.

Overall though it was as expected. Aside from the aformentioned fascinations and fears, we saw absolutely nothing new. What we've seen up until now is exactly what we're getting, and no, they're not hiding gameplay from us or something.

Cats and dogs watched the TV in the sims 2 pets also,so not something that is new in the games. In the sims 2 pets when I played it my sim dog barked at himself in the mirror,I wonder if this will happen in the new one.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    One thing I noticed was the plum high chair hasn't been fixed - the toddler was about to start eating peas and then the mother came and took her out again immediately.

There were also several clipping issues I noticed with dogs and furniture.

Still overall incredibly excited and cannot wait to play this pack. The new world and furniture all looks amazing.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I wish they would have focussed more on how traits affect a pets behavior as well as the fears and obsessions. It's a great idea and I wish I would have seen more of it.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I feel like their livestream wasn't much different from the footages from SimsCamp. It's a little weird, kind of missed opportunity.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member

You’re not the only one. I think in future streams, Grant should not bother with the questions he can’t answer and the repeated questions he’s obviously annoyed with after addressing them at least once. Simply answer the questions he can, that way he doesn’t have to reiterate a thousand times what he can’t answer.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think it would be smarter to simply ignore questions that they can't answer and answer ones they can. Talking about what they can't say is a waste of time that could be used to answer questions.

Haha whoops, I just replied the exact same before making it through the thread. Anyway, completely agree.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    taydev wrote: »

You’re not the only one. I think in future streams, Grant should not bother with the questions he can’t answer and the repeated questions he’s obviously annoyed with after addressing them at least once. Simply answer the questions he can, that way he doesn’t have to reiterate a thousand times what he can’t answer.

I understand that a little because when people are flooding the chat with questions he can't answer, I believe it's harder to even catch a question he can answer. The way he handels that is another thing.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,007 Member
    I find it intriguing that the pets will have their own little quirky things that they like to do, or are afraid of. It reminds me a bit of the way that the humans get into habits, such as why some mourn their deceased relatives and some don't, or some like making popcorn, etc. etc. which I always assigned to the fact that once they do something a few times it becomes part of their preferred way of life.