Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed.

ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
I just watched the new live stream and noticed that we are getting ONLY 3 PREMADE FAMILIES with C&D? Oh hell no!
Premade families are the best part of new pack.. at least for me. I love to continue their stories.
I really hope that maxiscreator_01 gives us few more because this is just LAME.
Other than that the pack looks really good.

And one more thing*
It's lame how Catarina Lynx had different cats on the trailer but in the actual game her cats are complitely different..
I guess I'll just make my own versions of the cats that she had on the trailer then..
Post edited by ItsJanier on

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    I just watched the new live stream and noticed that we are getting ONLY 3 PREMADE FAMILIES with C&D? Oh plum no!
    Premade families are the best part of new pack.. at least for me. I love to continue their stories.
    I really hope that maxiscreator_01 gives us few more because this is just LAME.
    Other than that the pack looks really good.

Maybe they could add some sims from the trailers. I agree though , I like premades families
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 I really hope that maxiscreator_01 does that because having only 3 premade families is not good.
    If they don't do that I guess I'm just gonna make them from the trailers by myself.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The map shows four lots with households on them. We saw three in the L.S. There is one more next door to the cat lady in Whiskerman's Wharf. It's the same house that they used in the vet L.S. so I don't know if that is a real household or just their sims they played for that stream.

At least the three they have shown us in the L.S. are interesting.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    It's a tough decision for them because some Simmers prefer to create and move in their own families whereas other Simmers want to play with ones that are created by Maxis.

At least there are choices here: for people who want their own Sims in the game, they can evict the Maxis households; for people who want more Maxis households, there are some downloadable from the Gallery and there are thousands of others available on the Gallery, too.

Or, as ItsJanier said, he can make his own based on ones in the trailer.
  • Options
    @Jaline33 I would still prefer more premades when it comes to new packs. But I'm still hopeful that maxiscreator_01 will make few premades from the trailers. Or I'll just do them based on the trailer by myself.
    (I have a save that is only for premades, maxiscreator_01 and the ones that I've made from trailers so that's why this is a big deal for me)
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I think they'll stick some trailer sims in the gallery and probably the ones of the box as well - think they did this after CL dropped. I really want the guy on the box cuddling the cat - think its the same one who is seen running shirtless with the boxer dog in one of the videos. Got him earmarked as a partner for one of my YA's already.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I completely agree! I only play with premades, so I am super disappointed
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    I think they'll stick some trailer sims in the gallery and probably the ones of the box as well - think they did this after CL dropped. I really want the guy on the box cuddling the cat - think its the same one who is seen running shirtless with the boxer dog in one of the videos. Got him earmarked as a partner for one of my YA's already.

The guy on the box with the grumpy cat is married to another guy. They got married in the announce trailer. Brent and Brant Hecking.

You home-wrecker, you.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think the problem is the tiny size of the world. With so few lots to choose from there is no way to included many premade households and have a few empty lots too. Brindleton Bay is beautiful but it should have been bigger.
  • Options
    @tegteg87 @EmmaVane is right the guy on the box is the one who is married already.
    I think that he and the shirtless guy are different Sims tho.(I could be wrong tho)
  • Options
    @LenaDieters11 my premade save is my favorite save. That's what I play most and I always download every new premade family that maxiscreator_01 makes.
    Premades are just awesome! They have so much character in them. Nothing from the gallery can compare to them.
    I am disappointed as well. Lets hope that maxiscreator_01 will save us.
  • Options
    @michelei but there were like 4? empty houses that could easily have premade families in them... but I agree with you the world is small but at least it's beautiful and very well made.
    You can't have it all I guess.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    tegteg87 wrote: »

The guy on the box with the grumpy cat is married to another guy. They got married in the announce trailer. Brent and Brant Hecking.

You home-wrecker, you.

Oops! Hahaha Ok if it's Brent/Brant I'll leave them be - I had planned for them to adopt and live happily ever after.

ItsJanier wrote: »
    @tegteg87 @EmmaVane is right the guy on the box is the one who is married already.
    I think that he and the shirtless guy are different Sims tho.(I could be wrong tho)

Fingers crossed they're different - I must just really like the haircut!
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I agree! I love that premades all look so different and give players a starting point for their stories. Whenever I make sims they mostly look similar and their traits are very easy to play with. To me one of the best parts of the game is to seehow genetics of premades play out and to challenge myself to continue their stories.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I 100% agree with you @LenaDieters11 . That's how I play my premade save as well.
    *Fingers crossed* that maxiscreator_01 saves us!
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I play a lot with premades in Sims 3. I do not know why I don't in Sims 4. I will have to give it a try. It sounds like I am missing out. Now should I pick a household I already know and enjoy or one that annoys me and drives me bonkers.
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I usually delete all the premades and bulldoze their homes; however, the prebuilt homes and the hecking's are adorable! Im not disappointed, but I really wish they had made some more sims and houses because they look great! With all the new items in CAS and build mode, the gallery is going to be jam packed with stuff.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    The gay couple now only have the dog in the game. The grumpy cat has "died" according to the broadcast. It is too bad the grumpy cat made it to the box cover. Maybe they are a ghost now. No idea.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    @michelei or you could play with all of them like I do? I just change the family after a Sim week. That's how you get most out of them :smile:
  • Options
    @Katlyn2525 yeah I'm just gonna make her in the game by myself too I guess.
    I'm not a fan of the gurus who did the stream. They are so cocky and rude.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I don't play with premades usually, but I really like them. I didn't pay much of attention to them in previous iterations.
    When it comes to Brindleton Bay, I'm just dissapointed that Brent and Brant don't have the Grumpy Cat anymore.
  • Options
    I feel you @MissNightOwl . She fit their family so well!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I’m pretty sure I heard them say in the previous livestream that there would be some premades from the trailers in the gallery.
  • Options
    @JimG72 I hope that you are right!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It is truly hard to please every single kind of Sims player. It truly has most diverse playstyles of any game out there. I personally get rid of most pre-mades when I get a new pack.