Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's dissect the Cats and Dogs trailer!

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Some very cute costumes:
    NM7fiG9.jpg
    uaOcfAH.jpg

Laser!!!
    hLnNkVt.jpg

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    I noticed that yellow hair ribbon on two different styles - I wonder if it is an accessory?

Oh yes? I didn't notice the second one, only the up do.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    My only hope is that you at least can breed your pets and maybe earn some extra cash by selling the pups you dont want to have:D

But the deal breaker is how the clinic will work, if its like dine out thisll be great haha
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    @WiggleyTuff you can hire your own staff to the clinic so I guess it works like Dine Out
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I'm in love with the hairstyles. I just can't get over how pretty those are! The trailer is really beautiful.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I loved seeing toddlers interact a smidge with the dog!! So cute!!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It is pretty plain obvious, there are no horses. A step backwards...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Colour wheel! Foxes? A new world which I can't wait to hear more about!! New career, pet personalities, adorable interactions.. Literally there is so much I think I might go watch the trailer for the 10th time.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Apparently Drake confirmed foxes. Also the obstacle course for pets returns (info on preorder site)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    https://www.thesims.com/news/cats-dogs-coming-soon

There are just cats and dogs - no foxes or wolves were mentioned anyway - but there is a create a pet thing just like we have for create a Sim but looks like we can paint colors on the pets- so I suppose you can create a dog that looks like a wolf. I just saw the live Gamescom Conference and Lindsay told us about the game and showed us the trailer. The town - what I saw of it - looks rather awesome and I really like some of the new stuff - hairs etc coming in the pack.

That vet - well you can make your own pet clinic from what I saw and the vet career is done there - I believe there are also pre-made vet buildings as well - not sure about that.

I like the pooch swimming - even had on a floatation vest for pets. Was pretty cool - if I do say so myself. Pets can have cute outfits, costumes and other accessories.

I think I saw a boat in the harbour - but probably just decor, as they said nothing about it - but it was nice though. Your sims can fish on that wharf too.

Didn't you see that fox and dog nose to nose?
  • Options
    LukeThePlumbobLukeThePlumbob Posts: 203 Member
    THIS PACK IS TOO GOOD!
    Everything I've spotted and all my thoughts on the new expansion pack are in my latest video, here;
    website-banner-april-2015.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Yes she sure does say that. Thanks. Sorry I got that one wrong - LOL - I am surprised Lyndsay didn't mention it - but then she looked a bit nervous too - so that's understandable. I hate having to speak on stage myself. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Foxes is a nice addition too! I'm really liking what I've seen so far, even the fact that you can't control them isn't much of an issue.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    https://www.thesims.com/news/cats-dogs-coming-soon

There are just cats and dogs - no foxes or wolves were mentioned anyway - but there is a create a pet thing just like we have for create a Sim but looks like we can paint colors on the pets- so I suppose you can create a dog that looks like a wolf. I just saw the live Gamescom Conference and Lindsay told us about the game and showed us the trailer. The town - what I saw of it - looks rather awesome and I really like some of the new stuff - hairs etc coming in the pack.

That vet - well you can make your own pet clinic from what I saw and the vet career is done there - I believe there are also pre-made vet buildings as well - not sure about that.

I like the pooch swimming - even had on a floatation vest for pets. Was pretty cool - if I do say so myself. Pets can have cute outfits, costumes and other accessories.

I think I saw a boat in the harbour - but probably just decor, as they said nothing about it - but it was nice though. Your sims can fish on that wharf too.

Didn't you see that fox and dog nose to nose?

Honestly no I didn't but I have only had 2 hours sleep today -and did not see the fox and hound until someone posted a still of it here somewhere. I was just trying to pay attention to what was said more than anything, just to get back here and let people know the ep was coming. Lol.

I admit - I flubbed up. Sorry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Horses were buggy as all else for me and still are when I load up sims 3. Plus without a open world they don't make sense really. I'd rather have some pets then none.

So you would rather less than more?

I mean in TS1 Unleashed we had cats and dogs, in TS2 they could age in TS3 you had horses so in TS4 I would expect even more. Rabbits, cows and sheep maybe. A farm EP?

So many great ideas being thrown away

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Horses were buggy as all else for me and still are when I load up sims 3. Plus without a open world they don't make sense really. I'd rather have some pets then none.

I mean in TS1 Unleashed we had cats and dogs, in TS2 they could age in TS3 you had horses so in TS4 I would expect even more. Rabbits, cows and sheep maybe. A farm EP?

Yes if the thing added is bad. If horses were added badly then resources would be wasted.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I love the new furniture in the video. I wasn't too excited for pets but this really looks promising. I can't wait to learn more about it. Here are a few things that caught my eye besides the things already mentioned. I love the new hairstyle for little girls with the bow. It's so cute. (I love all the new hairstyles I spotted for adults too). I love the new bay window seat and the sofa. I like the new bathroom decor too. I honestly don't think I saw anything I didn't like. This looks like it's going to be really fun and I especially like that dogs can get in the pool. (If now they could add it so toddlers can get in) I also think the pet costumes are adorable. :) So much cuteness.
    Xoo285G.png
    BBfHYSP.png
    7eWq0XS.png

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Writin_Reg Don't worry. I got a bit excited. Comes with watching the American eclipse and Gamescom at the same time! I hope you get a good night's sleep soon.
  • Options

I'd rather have well done ones. If it's necessary to have fewer ones rather then screwy buggy ones for that then I'm on board! I want to play my games and relax. What I don't want is to be tempted to boot the game out the window because nothing is working like it should and I'm frustrated. That feeling to me defeats the purpose and is counterproductive to my enjoyment of them.

That doesn't rule out them having a farm ep later on it just means not this time. Hopefully next time it's a new announcement it's something your excited for!

I'm excited for this and the ones we know are coming (less so for the laundry though) The Cats and Dogs EP trailer has already shown so many CAS items and cool new furniture!! My sisters will freak out! They all like the sims 4 but love pets in any form and I see them quickly making our pets. I can't wait to add pets to a legacy and keep the family and pets family line going all the way down the tree too. I've got so many ideas I'm going to have to write them down!

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2017
    I wonder if the foxes can be made in create-a-sim, or if they'll only be in the wild, and will have to be tamed to be turned into a pet. <3<3<3 It'll be a whole lot of fun either way.

I wish there was horses, though. That was an amazing addition to TS3. (And they weren't buggy in my game. ... And even if they had been, Sims 4 is a whole new game. What might have been buggy in TS3 would not necessarily be buggy in Sims 4.)
  • Options
    Penelope wrote: »
    I wonder if the foxes can be made in create-a-sim, or if they'll only be in the wild, and will have to be tamed to be turned into a pet. <3<3<3 It'll be a whole lot of fun either way.

I wish there was horses, though. That was an amazing addition to TS3. (And they weren't buggy in my game. ... And even if they had been, Sims 4 is a whole new game. What might have been buggy in TS3 would not necessarily be buggy in Sims 4.)

I'd love to have horse non buggy in the sims 4 future :'( they were exciting and fun until they bugged up my game! Then I banned them!!
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Love the poodle from the trailer! One of my favourite dog breeds, oddly enough. What I also love is the vest of the german shephard right at the beginning, it looks a little bit like a service dog or police dog vest. I already have a few ideas on how to use it.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Link to the blog post about the pack: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/cats-dogs-coming-soon
    They have foxes, but haven't given us any indication that there are other pets besides cats, dogs and foxes. No hamsters, birds, reptiles, guinea pigs ... unless there are and they're waiting on announcing it. They're calling the pack "Cats and Dogs," which isn't very inclusive. So as excited as I am for this pack, it'll be a bit of a let-down if there aren't any small cage/terrarium animals to go with it.

By the way, I'm in love with that curly female hair. <3 Very excited about the veterinarian career, too. They really needed a new, interesting career.