Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Return of Treehouses

Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
In Sims 3 Generations, treehouses were added, which gave our kid sims the ability to do interactions while in the treehouse, such as pranks, sleeping in them, & restrict what gender was allowed inside. However, the down side of the treehouses in Sims 3 was that they were rabbit holes.

Ideas & Suggestions for Treehouses if they make a return in Sims 4:
  • Allow our sims to be have the option of building the treehouse themselves and increase their handiness skill. As I think about it, it'd be cool if we could buy the building station in buy mode like we can for rockets (that we build).
  • An interaction for kids asking for treehouse and once bought, asking the guardians to continue building it. With that in mind, maybe a whim for children desiring a treehouse!
  • An animation of the kids stumbling up the ladder or falling a couple steps upward and having a sad or uncomfortable moodlet that says something along the lines of, "Sad/Uncomfortable +3 Hurt (From falling down the ladder) They had an accident while climbing up the treehouse and scraped their knee 3 hours". Also, the possibility of getting splinters with the same kind of moodlet.
  • While in the treehouse, the child gets a positive moodlet. (i.e. "Happy +3 (From being in treehouse) Yippee! Your sim is enjoying the treehouse and having the time of their life! 2 Hours")
  • Also, there could be a tire swing on a branch.
  • Allow sims to determine who's allowed inside the treehouse. With sibling rivalries in Parenthood, it'd be cool for siblings to disallow entry to their sibling nemesis and that sibling could have the option of breaking that rule. Also, depending on your sim's traits, they'll get special moodlets in response from being banned from entering the treehouse (i.e. for gloomy sims, they can get Very Sad moodlet while hot-headed sims can get a Very Angry moodlet and each can get specific whims, such as the sad sim wanting to cry to their parents about it and the angry sim wanting to pick a fight with their sibling).
  • Pack name idea/theme: Outdoor Activities Stuff Pack (which could include playground items like sandboxes/swing sets since playground items lack in my opinion).

What do y'all think? :)
▼add/follow▼
●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes I would love for tree houses to come back also it can help with the clubs for children like a tree club house.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Amazing idea! Would go really well with the Parenthood GP and would be nice to have another activity for children and adults to do together
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I like your ideas. I think it could be interesting if, when a child was in the treehouse, that there was a small chance they got an uncomfortable moodlet for "fear of heights". And the more time they spent in the treehouse their fear would go away. Like how it is with chopsticks and spicy food.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,134 Member
    love this!
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    i love this idea sounds great.
  • Options
    I like your ideas. I think it could be interesting if, when a child was in the treehouse, that there was a small chance they got an uncomfortable moodlet for "fear of heights". And the more time they spent in the treehouse their fear would go away. Like how it is with chopsticks and spicy food.

That's an amazing idea! I don't know why that didn't come to mind as an acrophobic lol.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes I would love for tree houses to come back also it can help with the clubs for children like a tree club house.

Omg clubs, yes! I agree <3 Think that could be incorporated from Get Together?
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

That's an amazing idea! I don't know why that didn't come to mind as an acrophobic lol.

Yup so they can have any kid join since its a kids only thing and they can decide whose in or out of the club have a secret knock and a password to come in the treehouse have a secret handshake and even have rival clubs.
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

Yup so they can have any kid join since its a kids only thing and they can decide whose in or out of the club have a secret knock and a password to come in the treehouse have a secret handshake and even have rival clubs.

:love: I absolutely love that idea!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    Perhaps different themes for the treehouses? Like a castle or a pirate theme. Or maybe an action to paint the treehouse a different color. I think that could add a lot and could be cool for clubs and such.
  • Options
    @Sydcupcakes they did that for the treehouses in Sims 3 :) One was a princess themed one, another science themed and the other just a regular ol' kid treehouse

2000?cb=20110703064039

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Yes I'd welcome them back. More places for children to play together and adults to woohoo is always welcome. :D
  • Options
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Yes, I would love it if parents could keep building and make it even better and have both Kids and parents have rivalries with neighbours or friends/enemies, Teen Sims could build them or other Cubby/Den type things to study in, or just hang out, maybe they even want an Eco Zen Space
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
  • Options
    mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    The tree house was one of the best things The Sims made for kids. I always put one in for the kids.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I love the idea of them being buildable this really would have went well with parenthood.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    This is great! I'd love all the things in the OP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    It would be cool if they gave us the option to build our own tree houses if that's even possible.
  • Options
    Kuma_frumaKuma_fruma Posts: 46 Member
    great idea.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    What an awesome idea! I would really like to see tree houses back in the game.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I love this idea!
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    cyanAstrologistcyanAstrologist Posts: 2 New Member
    And maybe the quality of the treehouse would depend on your sims handiness skill as well? I.E a sim with a low handiness skill will end up making a really shabby-looking treehouse while a sim with a high handiness skill will make a better one. Also, you can 'upgrade' it in similar ways to how you can upgrade electronics, like adding a slide, tire swing, etc. Sims with the mean/evil/hates children traits can sabotage the treehouse, and treehouses of poor quality are more likely to just fall apart alltogether.

And with the release of seasons, storms and blizzards are also likely to destroy your treehouse.

tbh I just really want treehouses. Even if we can't actually use it, I would at least like for someone to convert the treehouses from Generations to the sims 4 for decorations.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Love the idea!
    Lu4ERme.gif