Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you favor girls over boys?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I'm a girl and also prefer playing with girls. Boys are fun and all, but girls are more fun to dress up and I tend to relate to them more for some reason. I rarely influence birth gender. Usually I only do it if a family is having their youngest kid and we've only had boys, because I like having at least one girl.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    ponderosaponderosa Posts: 238 Member
    I prefer playing with boys, but I prefer making girls in CAS and dressing them. I never influence birth gender though.
    tumblr_opta4zrh011r17qi5o1_500.gif
    origin ID: maureenponderosa
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'm a female and play female Sims. When my Simmette gets pregnant, I do influence the gender to get a girl baby and continue the maternal lineage. I also have a tendency to custom-make mates for my sims lol
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I have more CC for the ladies so it's much more fun dressing one up.
    But instead of waiting for girls to be born I can just make a new one in CAS if I really want to play dress up. So they're both equal to me.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I favor girls
  • Options
    drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    I tend to interact to girls more but I try to give both genders equal attention when they are children and teens.
  • Options
    basilmentosbasilmentos Posts: 6 New Member
    I myself prefer playing girls over boys just because I put so much work into their appearance. They're more fun to dress up. All my male sims pretty much look the same lol :D
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i play both equally and enjoy both equally, but i prefer creating females.
    meaning i create them and just never play them, i also turn most of my townies into females.
    most of the cc i have downloaded is for males tho because ea really ignores them and they all end up looking the same without the help of cc..
    (i'm female)
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Since toddlers, I find boys, especially toddlers alot cuter. Having said that, I always like each family to have atleast one girl.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm a girl and i like the boys better. Their teen life and young adult life is just so much more exciting to me lol. . But it seems once they turn into adults , i start preferring the girls more . And when it comes to having babies , it depends on my mood.
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2017
    I do tend to favor females, perhaps because I identify with them more as a female myself. One of the reasons that adds to that is the poor translation of male/female facial features and genetics. An incredibly good looking male sim's features do not look good on his daughter! What I often end up doing when I make a male sim is first make a female, make sure she looks okay and then change to male. It doesn't work as well the other way around IMO. So my guys don't have a lot of variety in facial structure and plus, there's not as much CC for them. :'c
    I don't do anything to influence gender, though. I still love my boys!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    I prefer male sims and find myself playing them much more downloading the majority of cc for them they're just more fun to play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DukeOfYork1664DukeOfYork1664 Posts: 8 New Member
    If I'm starting from CAS I will almost always do a female sim, and when I do play a male sim he's usually one that I created to be my female sim's husband and I just play him a bit to get his skills and career leveled. Once I get the parenthood pack (whenever that will be) I will definitely try to have one or more boy born to the parent sims and raise them from babyhood, I think that will make them more relatable I guess.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,270 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm female and love playing female sims. I have two sons irl and always wanted a little girl so with my sims I can have as many little girls as I want. <3 When I first started this game it took me five tries to get a girl. After the second female was born I moved the 4 boys and their father into a separate home so I could concentrate on raising the girls. Since then I've​ had two more female births. The boys are all close to their mom because I'll rotate moving them in and playing them. I also love planning outfits for the girls. I believe the boys are still in the same outfits they aged up into.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I'm a boy and I prefer playing girls and having female children in the sims 4. I don't influence my children much in the game, but I perfer when they turn out to be girls. I find that female children just look cuter (mostly because they have more cas content), and then I love to see them grow up to be beautiful women (also with more cas content). I also love keeping the same hairstyle throughout sims ages (if possible). I can still enjoy male sims, and I get CC for them too, but I find that women are jut more fun to make.

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    My founder is a female, the heir is always the first born girl, yes I favor girls :)
  • Options
    Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    When I think about it I do favour girls. Woah.
  • Options
    HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member

I rarely ever play as female sims anymore :neutral: I guess it's because I'm now aware of the massive bias the devs have towards females and I like to 'rebel' against that so...
    Also I find I make better looking male sims whilst all my female sims look the same :neutral:
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I prefer to keep it balanced, but I like it when I get a girl, because I seem to always come up with better girls names than boys. I also seem to get more creative with females in CAS & room decor. Also, males seem more likely to get abducted by aliens, which I hate.
    But I do agree, toddler boys are cuter. When I play a single sim household, it's usually, but not always female.

By pure chance, one of my families with 6 kids did have all girls. Another has 4 boys & one girl. Otherwise it's been pretty even. I"ve only forced the gender once.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I'd say it's pretty even for me. Considering my main sims are brother and sister.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I prefer a good balance of both... so I keep a tally mark of when my Sims find out that they are pregnant and look at the gender via the Command center. Then from there I take a look and edit the pregnancies that are currently happening so that there is the same number of male and female children coming forth.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    The only time I favor a sim based on their gender is when I have a surplus of male/female sims in the family line and want to break the chain. Otherwise, I don't care what their gender is. They're all my pawns to be played at the end of the day.
  • Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    I never influence gender of a pregnant sim but, i always tend to start off with a female. They seem to have nicer stuff lol
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I actually do not have a favor towards either boy or girl. I just go with whatever the game brings and I never use the special foods to increase the likelihood of either one. I am happy when I'm playing mainly as a girl, as she is able to reproduce however she wants to without the need of having a man inside the house (for example when household is full....which is like ehmm 99.% of the time) And I'm happy with playing as a boy as you can make them darn delicious to look at lol
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I prefer male Sims. They are just more fun to play in my opinion and I feel I can make them look more unique in CAS. I also have a habit that when I want a new female Sim I first make a male Sim and then make him a woman. Otherwise I just can't create unique looking female Sims.

When my Sims get a child, I do not actively try to influence the gender on the first try, because that feels a bit like cheating. But when the first child is a girl, I just have to let the Sims try another time and this time I might try to influence the gender so the second child will be a boy.