Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• Options
    Okichi00Okichi00 Posts: 7 New Member
    Weather, more than anything, i want weather. The snow! Snow days! Rain and splashing in puddles. Collecting leaves in the Autumn! Please please give us weather!!!!
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    Pack-wise: Weather, Pets, and Supernatural is a must for me - University life will also be good, I did enjoy that option in TS3

Other then that, a more variety of traits and more then 3 slots would be appreciated. Also maybe a turn-off/turn-on, likes/dislikes, and attraction system was fun for me to use! I liked pairing up my sims with townies depending on their taste/choice
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    Singing/Entertainer career!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    xosimp94xosimp94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Few expansions I'd love to see for the Sims 4: Seaons, Pets, and University. A Sims 4 Generation expansion would pair well with the new Parenthood game pack, or adding features from Generations to the Parenthood pack.

Also:
    - can you guys update the Outdoor pack so that it's more toddler friendly for going on vacation because currently you can't go on a family vacation with a toddler who can only sleep in a toddler bed
    - would be nice to see the return of the washer and dryer as seen in Sims 3 - would give the laundry basket in Sims 4 more of a purpose
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    In no particular order: Weather/Seasons, Pets (would love horses included in this OR (better yet) do a separate Farm GP to include horses), University.
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    I miss having boarding schools , military school , private school headmaster dinner party like in s2 also the school bus
  • Options
    pedroyparrapedroyparra Posts: 24 Member
    the lack of story progression is a huge letdown for me. I know there's the mcc mod and i love it, but it would be way better if it was a core feature of the game, since it could be more in depth.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2017
    Honestly, really basic things that people dont think about:

I cant play catch with "my kids"
    Theres no blender/food processor (and trust me it would save a lot of time for me)
    Theres no sprinker (really helped with my gardening in TS3)
    I cant change the lifespan days to how I want, and it makes me sad :(
    My sims' family friends and neighbors cant continue their own stories without me involved (I have a slow PC. Not helpful)

EDT - also, we don't have sliding glass doors, playground equipment, and even tho we don't have cars I'd still like a garage door
    Post edited by x_Always_Heart_x on
  • Options
    ana1959ana1959 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @x_Always_Heart_x said:
    > Honestly, really basic things that people dont think about:
    >
    > I cant play catch with "my kids"
    > Theres no blender/food processor (and trust me it would save a lot of time for me)
    > Theres no sprinker (really helped with my gardening in TS3)
    > I cant change the lifespan days to how I want, and it makes me sad :(
    > My sims' family friends and neighbors cant continue their own stories without me involved (I have a slow PC. Not helpful)

Thank you for bringing these up! I hope someone is reading this and will implement these wonderful ideals back into the game. The Sims 4 has the ability to be the best game in the franchise!
  • Options
    mnmpretzelmnmpretzel Posts: 15 Member
    I would love to see more interactions with jobs. Definitely pets as well. I loved that Sims 3 had all types of pets, and a horse back riding career.
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    I would love a few things
    First and most important to me would be an apartment exp pack like in sims 2. I love the building aspect of sims and would love to build Apts townhouses and so on and be able to use them with multiple families.
    Second the dining out needs to be expanded. I can build a cafe but my sim can't own one.
    Third I would like to see additional items like laundry room items and so on. I would also like the option to lock doors for vamps only or have to invite a vampire in for them to be able to enter a home.
  • Options
    PrincessPoppyPrincessPoppy Posts: 3 New Member
    Although I have not been playing for long, I would love pets, seasons, university, educational careers, the ability to make apartments, pre-teens, more personality traits, a world building tool, ladders, spiral staircases, more beds, more counters, and that's all I can think of right now.
  • Options
    PrincessPoppyPrincessPoppy Posts: 3 New Member
    Oh! Also height.
  • Options
    goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    I have been simming since Sims 1 and have enjoyed playing sim for 17 years.My dream is to a career in modeling , worlds with more lots, seasons and cars.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Oh man, where do I even begin?

-Laptops

Electric Guitars. My favorite kind of guitar and with how they've designed the instruments and singing, I'd really like them back.

-More occult states. Werewolves, Faeries, and Witches mainly.

-Something World Adventures related. Exploring large environments in the Sims 3 was always fun and I find fun in it in the Sims 4 as well. I also miss the silly fighting system for Martial Arts. Just a small fighting system that didn't have the smoke associated with them would be nice.

-Seasons, of course.

-University.

-More traits. You'd think with the Vampire GP, there'd be Supernatural Fans\Skeptics.

-A Fear emotion. See above for reason why.

-A way for human Sims to get around more quickly. Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bicycles, something.

-More radio stations.

-More walkstyles. I don't like any of them for male Sims and the only one I like for women is the feminine one.

And I'll end this with a request for some sort of personality system patch or pack? The Sims feel like they're more driven by their current state of emotion rather than their personalities\traits. ( Or their lack of one, I suppose ) If we could set maybe a Likes\Dislikes, Turn ons\Turn offs, or something that gives them more character, that'd be appreciated.

But ultimately, if they did only half of these things in the next 3 years, I'd be more than satisfied.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    edited May 2017
    My List would include:

1a. Preteens/Middle-schoolers
    1b. Visitable interactive School Lots and University

2. Real attics with paintable slopes and ceilings for all rooms

3. Seasons + weather

4. Addon activities like Adventures into foreign countries, search in dungeons, explore Islands and being stranded on a wild island etc.

5. More active carrers less rabitholes

6. More advanced friendship/romantic system, not like the current one talk 5 times and done. With ups and downs taking alot more things into account when determining if the relation improves or deproves so its more of a task to reach the next step (it should of course not be a hassle to maintain the relation but much harder to gain it in the first place while the difficulty should be depending on the harmony between two sims).

7. Advanced Trait system with more individual Sims. Should be more of an advancement system to shape the personality than just some tags with some actions. More traits per Sim and with greater effect to make a real difference.

8. Witches, its not Sims without witches.

Always more activities between Sims and other Sims as well as environment.
  • Options
    mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    I want to add windows to the roofs. You know modern homes these days with triangular windows on the roofs. So yeah, an attic too would be nice.
  • Options
    BunchaGrapesBunchaGrapes Posts: 14 New Member
    Weather is missing from Sims 4! We need snow and rain, sleet and wind. Another thing I'd love to see is more furniture for the toddlers. I would love to have a playpen, stroller and tricycle/ride on toy. Also more traits for each age of sim.
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    omg yes glad someone said it. CAREERS CAREERS CAREERS. I really miss military, education, and I want dancer from TS2 to make a comeback also.

Personally, I was really disappointed with GTW. Following the sims to their jobs is really boring, so I guess it's a good thing it only works with the 3 careers they added. That was another issue for me--they only added 3 careers. In an expac called get to work. Aliens are super cool, but I wish they were a separate gamepack instead so EA could put more into the careers.
  • Options
    MiniMajestyMiniMajesty Posts: 12 New Member
    I know it's already been said a couple of times, but I would LOVE some spiral stairs. I keep hoping for a patch (or a pack at this point) that comes with ladders and sliding doors, and I'm still sad that there's no glass flooring or metal grate flooring (to match the industrial strength railing system stairs!)
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Weather.
    Werewolves.
    Cars.
    Spiral Stairs.
    Garage Doors.
    Fae.
    Body Hair.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    ziri wrote: »
    Okay so can someone please tell me what is up with sims and it's racism. Why do they have only like 3 afro-textured hair styles in the base game. But like over 30 hairstyles for white people, or people who aren't black. Whats up with that? And also tell me why the plum none of the lipsticks look good on dark skin tones. Most of the lipsticks are made for white people and they make a black persons lips look ashy. There are only 4 out of that set that actually look decent on black people. But I don't want to use the same 4 colors every time I make a sim. There really isn't blush that was made for a black person there, black peoples cheeks aren't supposed to be red like whit peoples. (Can we also talk about getting some foundation in there). Also the eye shadows are either to light that they are brown and you cant really see it, or to dark and you look goth. This really needs to be fixed. Sims is supposed to be like your fantasy world, and mine isn't racist.

Ethnic hair must be harder to make. Personally, I can't stand the afro they have for Sims4. It just doesn't look right to me. Most of the time for my female sims, I will take off the female selection on hair and try a few of the male styles ... some of them actually look quite nice and more appropriate than the female styles.

For the make-up. All we really need is an opaque type slider, to where we can choose how much or how little of the color goes on the area.
  • Options
    ghjdiedghjdied Posts: 56 Member
    I would love if martial arts and ballet dancing made a return in the sims 4. I can see sims competing in martial art competitions to win prizes, sparing, a ten level skill for it and maybe even an aspiration for it. Ballet dancing could also be it's own skill separate from the dancing skill we currently have. But also want both to be for child- elder!

More sports independent of the fitness skill would most certainly be welcomed. Soccer (football), volleyball, water volleyball, tennis, golf, baseball bating cage, baseball, playing catch, hockey, and more.

Skating (roller blading) , skateboarding, cycling, and ice-skating can all be separate skills (maybe 5 levels). I just think we need more ways for sims to move around the world other than walking and jogging.

With the way the worlds are set up in the sims 4 I can definitely see skating being something that can be done outside of a skating rink. Of course I would love for there to still be a skating rink so couples can hold hands while skating or parents can teach their kids to skate (be it ice or a roller rink). Sims could do tricks and skate faster and better depending on their skill level. Think of it like the toddler movement skill. An option to "skate here" instead of "go here" with sims with level 2 skating would be nice. Or even the option to set it as default movement style like in the Vampires game pack.

Same with skateboarding (something new) and cycling (something old with a twist). Skateboard tricks could be unlocked by leveling up the skill, sims could go to a skate park, enter competitions or just use it to get around the world quicker. Toddlers can have little trikes, child sims can have bikes with training wheels and parents could help them learn how to ride to boost the skill level. Maybe after reaching level 3 the training wheels come off. Teens-elder can ride bikes or do tricks. Their could even be an exercise bike that levels up fitness and cycling. Also scooters would be cool.

Hobbies! Pottery, knitting/ crocheting, sewing, nectar making, sculpting, drawing/sketching (separate from painting), remote controlled cars/ heilcopters/ boats, baking oven for child sims, flower arranging, origami, archery, bee keeping, coloring for toddlers and child sims, board games for families, jewelry making, bird watching, flying disc (frisbee), animated train set, and more!

More instruments that are also compatible with the singing skill! We need drums, base, saxophones, electric guitars, bands with singers! Performances, jams, concerts (player controlled) and the fame to go along with it. Ability to make almost any type of band or even a choir. Sing together, play together, things like that!

More playground equipment. Swings, slides, sand pits, anything that can go in a park would be nice.

I just need more things for sims to do.

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Sim parents being able to take a photo with their sim kids.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    mesonwune wrote: »
    > @Okto84 said:
    > More individuality for the sims. Something like a personality pack could be an awesome way to really focus on developing the sims themselves. I would happily have no objects or anything, just stuff about the sims themselves. Some examples are likes and dislikes, and interests - so that making friends is more about the sims than just how many positive interactions happen. Make some more - or less - compatible together. Having a specific compatibility scale they're on would be cool, alongside the friendship scale. It would be fixed on some things - traits mostly, but could change as sims develop similar interests from hobbies and work. Very compatible sims become friends quicker, because they talk about similar things together. However, low compatibility sims could still become friends if they share some interests and do these together enough - say in a club. Also, make different activities more enjoyable, or less, based on them too. Sims who dislike cooking could be annoyed when they have to cook, or work as a cook. Those who like it could find the career easier. Like or dislike music types. That could be fun if they start working at a shop or restaurant playing music they like or dislike.
    >
    > The friendship bar could be longer too with more places to be. No longer become best friends after hanging out at a party. Great acquaintances, yes, but really good friends should take longer.
    >
    > I really want the sims to also be randomly assigned hidden traits or abilities and features that we discover over time. Now, I appreciate some players like to choose everything, but as long as the traits don't hinder things, it would be cool I think. For example, some sims could have an aptitude for cookery, or music, or sports, and only discover these if they pursue this path - and it gives them some special abilities. They could also like/dislike some foods.
    >
    > Sliders for traits would be awesome too. Make a sim somewhat flirty, or ridiculously flirty! Very outgoing, or very introverted. Again, it gives the options to make each sim unique. Current trait system is cool, but why not just put all of them on sliders and make it however we like?
    >
    > I think the environment moodlets could be more interesting too. Generally, they're easy to max out and don't make a lot of difference to gameplay. I think objects could have different qualities. Maybe homely, classy, shabby, and why not nasty as well for the bad stuff! Sims with different likes/dislikes could respond differently to them. Maybe shabby liking sims don't like going to a classy restaurant?
    >
    > Family specific interactions and relationships as well. I don't find any real difference between a sim hanging out with friends and a sim spending time with their parents or brother/sister. Just some unique interactions for specific relationships. Again, sliders or even hidden traits to make them say, a bossy parent, or a relaxed parent. A teasing sibling or a friendly one.
    >
    > Interactions could count longer term too - maybe they develop traits based on them. Children with more relaxed parents could grow up more carefree and casual, for example.
    >
    > More ways to edit family relationships too. It's difficult for example to make an existing sim's parents and bring them in to the game.
    >
    > Well, this turned in to a way longer list than I planned! But I feel just even a few of these would make things more interesting.
    >
    > Oh, and seasons, pets and werewolves would be awesome too. And spiral staircases, and supermarkets/outside markets to buy food - including stuff the sims can't make themselves. Shopping should give sims moodlets too. Why not go clothes shopping to buy outfits in CAS, and have moodlets just after buying them, and then when wearing them? Still be able to do it the regular way at home with a closet, but also be able to do it at the shop for extra effects.

This is a great idea for filling out sims. I don't like that my sims can be friends with everybody and they don't have dislikes. I would like to make challenges where I have to make polar opposites become best friends or fall in love. Everything is too happy in this game for me. I think that's why I don't play it as often. I need bad things to happen occasionally...

You have some amazing ideas. Sims need to have more characteristics that make them behave differently than another sim. I wonder about that kind of personality and relationship enhancement , all of the time.