The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP looks a little empty?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for it and happy that the team is giving us some long-requested family play. However, I can't help but feel it looks a little empty from the trailer. Is making a mess the only new feature for toddlers? No strollers or swings or new toys? Or even hairs? I love the little dolly medical set, but is that the only new interactive object? I was expecting more gameplay objects and interactions, instead of just the new parent/child system. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    There's more stated in the blog, I'm on phone now so can't really find the link.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    Simmer_WillSimmer_Will Posts: 54 Member
    It's really a bummer that in a pack all about family play there's a lot of "Schoolwork" and "parenting" focus but very little that the community has been asking for. Where is the new playground equipment (jungle gyms, slides, swings, treehouses, bouncy horses) or new toddler hairs?
  • Options
    RhiiJayyRhiiJayy Posts: 201 Member
    Don't be fooled. Unless they have finally released the actual trailer by now, but the one that they have shown so far is just a teaser trailer. The official trailer should be out sometime today hopefully there will be more that meets the eye
    OriginID: RhiiJayy
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited May 2017
    I mean, I really do like it, but I miss my swingset and just simple playground equipment. So if it turns out that isn't in the game I might be getting it at sale for 50% off. I'm still waiting for an answer if we get new toddler hair aswell.

@RhiiJayy The trailer is already out actually.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    It's a trailer.....not a live stream detailing everything in the pack.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    We have punishment, reunion of family, parenting skill, works from the school and more. It's not empty, swings ect will probably be in ''outdoor activities''.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    RhiiJayyRhiiJayy Posts: 201 Member
    Hold up, scrap the last comment. Here is the actual announcement trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW6kougM6w
    OriginID: RhiiJayy
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    :p I wish it was out a week earlier.
    It comes out at the end of my Vacation.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Read the blog, this GP isn't empty!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I think this pack rather focuses on enhancing gameplay, which can be hard to depict in a trailer. So I'd wait for the livestream.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Link to the blog post, for those looking for more hints of of the meat of this pack: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-parenthood-announce It sounds like a lot of gameplay to me!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,308 Member
    I think it looks okay
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Link to the blog post, for those looking for more hints of of the meat of this pack: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-parenthood-announce It sounds like a lot of gameplay to me!

It is, or I wouldn't say so. Looks as deep as Vampires was to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    It's a trailer.....not a live stream detailing everything in the pack.

yeah well it still seems like its missing features we wanted. lol.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

not to me actually but good for you seriously but then we see things differently on a lot of things.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    I really like the idea of this pack and what I have seen so far.

However I am still missing some (to me) important things.

- Where are the Bunk Beds?
    - Where are Canes? (Where are the Elders anyway?)
    - Where are the Strollers?
    - No new playground equipment?

Hmm..
  • Options
    There is curfew too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    It seems like the pack is focusing more on gameplay features like the parenting skill/personality traits, rather than gameplay objects, although there do seem to be quite a few regular objects (kitchen, bed) included as well.
  • Options
    And food for go to school.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    It seems full of lots of awesome stuff to me. And that's judging only from the trailer and the blog we got today. I'm sure we'll find out even more things later on. It looks like it will be focused more on gameplay, so it's probably not that easy to show everything all at once.
  • Options
    Learn to the kids don't burp, fart.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I really like the idea of this pack and what I have seen so far.

However I am still missing some (to me) important things.

- Where are the Bunk Beds?
    - Where are Canes? (Where are the Elders anyway?
    - Where are the Strollers?
    - No new playground equipment?

Hmm..

Exactly this, I really do love the new gameplay adds a lot of mayhem, however a lot is still missing for me, so i'm a bit on and off about it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina