Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

Comments

• Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    TJTJ wrote: »
    Lussa wrote: »
    OMG YASSSSS!!!!! We need those cutie little pre-teens! Teens look too much like adults! I like the sound of pre-teens looking more like younger teenagers (more youthful looking face, same teenage body). Pre-teens should be designed too look more older than they should really be. I'd imagine pre-teens being modeled after the average middle-schooler (of course they would attend to middle school, too old for elementary school). Pre-teens need to reach an adult's shoulder. The pre-teen girls need to have a bit of an hourglass body and not flat but small noticeable breasts. Young Children are needed too! I wrote some ideas for them:

-Young Children are very tall (compared to a toddler) but still a few inches shorter than a child. They are a bit lanky (with longish limbs). Some Young Children can be very bony or chubby with the weight.

-Young Children have a slightly rounder, pudgier face than a child (similar looking to a toddler but a little more mature)

-Young Children have their own unique clothing. Their clothing appear to be very colorful, bright, childish, and cutesy. Try adding in fun patterns. For girls, add in some star to heart pattern tights, pastel-colored skirts, polka dot dresses, jeans with rainbow or flower picture sewed in front or back, frilly shirts or dresses, and skirt-like overalls.

-For boys, add a bit more darker colors. Add clothing like t-rex or dinosaurs, fire truck, monster truck, and or something like Hot Wheels graphic tees.
    -Young Children go to Kindergarten in Elementary school

-Young Children can be carried by older sims (can pre-teens carry them too? It would so cute <3 I'd imagine a big and strong pre-teen brother holding his little sister cause she is scared of something XD)

-Young Children can do the same thing as children

Yay I would like pre-teens to physically appear like their in their early teens.

Yeah, at least do the thing that is in the Sims FreePlay. They have plenty of neat stuffs, and the 90s feel of the old Sims 2.
  • Options
    simmerlover1996simmerlover1996 Posts: 1 New Member
    i love the pre teen idea! it would take a while to input though wouldnt it?
  • Options

They conceptualize this. It wouldn't be hard, it's basically returning the original teen skeleton that is missing from the game because they are rushing the game. There is only 4 skeletons at this moment: toddler, kids, adult, and elder. In the Sims 2 game, there are 5 skeletons: toddler, kids, teenage, adult, and elder. Maxis / gamedev must return the teenage skeleton
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    rochelimit wrote: »

They conceptualize this. It wouldn't be hard, it's basically returning the original teen skeleton that is missing from the game because they are rushing the game. There is only 4 skeletons at this moment: toddler, kids, adult, and elder. In the Sims 2 game, there are 5 skeletons: toddler, kids, teenage, adult, and elder. Maxis / gamedev must return the teenage skeleton

the studio would either give us pre-teens or giving sims 4 teens a proper skeleton.
  • Options
    Emily04Emily04 Posts: 22 New Member
    Pre-teens should be a patch, not pack :)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    Well now since teens can live own their pretty being mature I hopefully that makes room for the preteens
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I actually wasn't really fond of the idea to introduce preteens, but I think it could be well done, the huuuuge height difference between child and teen drives me nuts. Of course, special gameplay for preteens would be neat, too :) However, I just want something that helps with this height difference. It's the reason I never want to age up children ^^
    However, I don't mind the height of the teens, it's quite realistic I think.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    I hope we get pre-teens at some point, there is a huge gap between child sims and the adult-looking teenagers (almost young adults) we have now. Before the toddlers patch I thought they might make a "Generations" EP introducing toddlers and pre-teens.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    We got toddlers! Now teens and YA need a difference in height and the way they act. Preteens would be an awesome addition, if EA would stop focusing on clutter and pointless stuff packs. I do believe we might see them, hopefully by 2018...
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    MierinSedai21MierinSedai21 Posts: 14 New Member
    Oh man! I stopped playing the game for a long time until we got the toddlers patched in. I primarily enjoy family play. I'm over the moon for the toddlers but I still find family play somewhat lacking.

I actually do NOT like the idea of having to actively control my sims at school. I don't particularly care for the GTW careers either. :neutral: So if that is added in game I hope they make it optional. A homeschooling option would be really awesome. It'd also be really cool if they reintroduced the idea of multiple schools that focus on different areas and your sims have choices on where to send their kids.

One thing I REALLY hate is the current state of babies. Please, please, please untether them from the crib.

Second thing... teenagers. Why are they the same as young adults? The only difference is they go to school... to be entirely honest I'd rather have the teens dialed back to a smaller body and just younger in appearance and activity instead of adding in preteens. I see a lot of awesome ideas but it seems to me that most of the functions people are asking for teens could be given to children and teens where appropriate to further flesh out those life stages and differentiate them.

Children need more activities too but they are in much better shape then the basically placeholder teens we currently have.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    A homeschooling option would be really awesome. It'd also be really cool if they reintroduced the idea of multiple schools that focus on different areas and your sims have choices on where to send their kids.

I love the homeschooling option idea and I would love to see multiple schools focusing on different areas brought back into the game.

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Oh man! I stopped playing the game for a long time until we got the toddlers patched in. I primarily enjoy family play. I'm over the moon for the toddlers but I still find family play somewhat lacking.

I actually do NOT like the idea of having to actively control my sims at school. I don't particularly care for the GTW careers either. :neutral: So if that is added in game I hope they make it optional. A homeschooling option would be really awesome. It'd also be really cool if they reintroduced the idea of multiple schools that focus on different areas and your sims have choices on where to send their kids.

One thing I REALLY hate is the current state of babies. Please, please, please untether them from the crib.

Second thing... teenagers. Why are they the same as young adults? The only difference is they go to school... to be entirely honest I'd rather have the teens dialed back to a smaller body and just younger in appearance and activity instead of adding in preteens. I see a lot of awesome ideas but it seems to me that most of the functions people are asking for teens could be given to children and teens where appropriate to further flesh out those life stages and differentiate them.

Children need more activities too but they are in much better shape then the basically placeholder teens we currently have.

I agree with you on the teen part, that's why I opted for shorter teens (updated), or if Maxis can't do that, then just introduce a new preteen age group.
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    we need not this expansion pack now has we toddlers
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    A homeschooling option would be really awesome. It'd also be really cool if they reintroduced the idea of multiple schools that focus on different areas and your sims have choices on where to send their kids.

I love the homeschooling option idea and I would love to see multiple schools focusing on different areas brought back into the game.

I also like the idea of homeschooling, I thing it would help especially if you have a sim who for some reason can't seem to do well in school, my teens get so tired, and usually lack fun so much they either seek sleep, or fun over homework....
  • Options

I agree with you on the teen part, that's why I opted for shorter teens (updated), or if Maxis can't do that, then just introduce a new preteen age group.

I think from what is so far I pretty much give up on shorter teens so I would like preteens/tweens to fill that gap maybe with more childlike things to do but still some teen like things to do, maybe learn to cook. start on a counter top oven thing instead of the stove [maybe can use stove after level three of learn to cook, I really hate microwaves in the game makes bad food 99% of the time. I wish we could make comics and sims had a sketch book to make are anywhere with it. Sell-able comic books would be great maybe the first sell-able art a Tween/preteen could make before painting on easel around level 3. But I would like the make comic book available to Tween/preteens and up. We need a stage shorter than teen and taller than child. I wish we could write books on tablets.
  • Options
    NamikoKawa wrote: »

I think from what is so far I pretty much give up on shorter teens so I would like preteens/tweens to fill that gap maybe with more childlike things to do but still some teen like things to do, maybe learn to cook. start on a counter top oven thing instead of the stove [maybe can use stove after level three of learn to cook, I really hate microwaves in the game makes bad food 99% of the time. I wish we could make comics and sims had a sketch book to make are anywhere with it. Sell-able comic books would be great maybe the first sell-able art a Tween/preteen could make before painting on easel around level 3. But I would like the make comic book available to Tween/preteens and up. We need a stage shorter than teen and taller than child. I wish we could write books on tablets.

The only reason I mainly give up on shorter teens is that we would probably loss clothing all together; I mean that was probably the only reason they made teens the same size as young adults in the first place.
  • Options
    kierstynh34kierstynh34 Posts: 72 Member
    I think the pre-teen thing should be a patch, not a pack, like toddlers was. It would seem odd if some players had tweens in their games while other players didn't. The height thing bothers me so much, wether there's tweens or not, teens shouldn't be the same exact height as adults. That being said, I wish there was a way to change your sims height. I think they had that in the original sims game, and I miss that. If we have a way to change a sim's weight and even their muscle tone, there should definitely be a way to change their height. A teen should be able to be a height halfway between child and teen all the way up to even taller than what adults are currently.

I loved TS3 generations, I think the back to school idea is cool too. I liked the nannying career or whatever it was in TS3 and having that AND a teacher career in TS4 would be like a dream come true. The Back to School pack sounds like a great idea, I would totally buy that.
  • Options
    fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    i want Servo as life state in this ep as you sim build Servo again
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2017
    Me too I miss the school career job section also I hope Ea bring back private school but as a challange but like your child earns say scholarship to a private school but parents have to buy the childs clothes also I would like a active school also Ea pretty please bring back the school bus i miss it.Also few blank neighbour hoods , also I like the idea of pre teen also for the school career those who level ten of school career could have option of opening their own school me too also for my sims to have like puberty etc also that time of the month
  • Options
    Me too I miss the school career job section also I hope Ea bring back private school but as a challange but like your child earns say scholarship to a private school but parents have to buy the childs clothes also I would like a active school also Ea pretty please bring back the school bus i miss it.Also few blank neighbour hoods , also I like the idea of pre teen also for the school career those who level ten of school career could have option of opening their own school me too also for my sims to have like puberty etc also that time of the month

school is awesome, but the puberty, voice cracking, and the correctly sized pre-teens is also really important! So yeah, help support the idea!
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    Preteens would complete my teen gameplay for me by a lot, they're so boring atm.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Nephilim wrote: »
    Preteens would complete my teen gameplay for me by a lot, they're so boring atm.

I wish we had an atm so my Sim's could have credit problems sigh
  • Options
    Adriana62Adriana62 Posts: 22 New Member
    The new Parenting pack looks good. I hope they added preteens. Glad they added toddlers, but I've been playing Sims 3 because I love Generations. Might give Sims 4 another chance if I get the new pack :)
  • Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    I gave up on the sims three because everytime Orgin updated it knocked out my neighbourhoods
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,653 Member
    We need late homework in class again like in the Sims 3 they could do late homework in class.