Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Careers or Jobs you would like to see in TS4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ihavesorelegsnowihavesorelegsnow Posts: 43 Member
    Singer/songwriter/opera
    - could be so easily integrated with the musician career; just include the singing skill from City Life in the violin/guitar skill, or preferably make it another track of entertainment.

Acting
    - could also be another branch of entertainment career.
    - a realistic approach would be starting in community theatre & unpaid student films, to "professional auditioner" (like how Mark Rufalo did 100 auditions before he booked his first role), to commercials, up to eventually producing and starring your own tv shows/films.
    - props if you have writing skills and write screenplays.
    - aside from charisma skill, bring back the friend requirement to progress; be friends with high-level politicians or entertainers or writers, because nepotism!
    - maybe the higher you get in the career (& therefore more famous), the more likely it is for social interactions to go well? Like, not necessarily become friends with people instantly because your sim might not want that, but people are nicer to you/give you free services.
    - WHAT IF YOUR SIM COULD STAR IN A MOVIE, AND OTHER SIMS COULD WATCH IT IF YOU HAD MOVIE STUFF PACK??!

Dancer
    - could be a branch of entertainment or athlete careers.
    - could include commercial dancer/choreographer (like for music videos & backup dancers) or ballet/contemporary company tracks.
    - your daily task would be to dance for two hours or maybe teach/mentor dance.

Wellness
    - I know we have spa day NPC jobs. But I would like my playable sims to have wellness jobs. Like naturopaths, chiropractors, yoga instructors etc.
    - What if certain sims had points of views about certain jobs, and would be happy when they find out what their job is (or not, in the case of wellness jobs, if they're anti-"hippie")? E.g. how with City Life sims now are right/left wing politically and it has an effect on social interactions. I always thought it weird that a detective finding out someone is in the criminal career path thought it was no big deal.

I also agree with bring back education/part time jobs. What about paid tutors?
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I would like a lot of the TS2 careers to return. Also I think professions that gave more purpose to the collectibles in the game. Someone already mentioned florist, fisherman. Maybe we could also have geologist/paleontologist sim.
  • Options
    chelseyb887chelseyb887 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to be able to be a teacher and you can actually go to the school and teach. It would be amazing!
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    Movie director active career. You'd start small, filming internet videos, weddings, birthdays, then commercials and so on. Also, a music active career where you'd start by teaching townies how to play an instrument, at the top of your career you'd be the conductor (maestro) in an orchestra (made up of townies). You'd need to motivate them to get better and coordinate them.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want

- Fashion Designer and Jewelry designer, Shoe Designer and Model Career. I would love where my sims could create different fabrics, and sew their own creations, where you could actually design the clothes and accessories,shoes your self. Maybe in your sims wardrobe they can add a spot for your sims to have clothing accessories. . I would also love if the Sims 4 Gurus could add the option for purses and backpacks, and coats, and sweaters so you wouldn't want to go to the mods, and to be able to design them yourself. For the jewelry designer they could go collect crystals, or buy crystals, and stones. And chisel them into different jewelry. They can design engagement rings, Anniversary jewelry, and I am sorry jewelry, best friend necklaces and bracelets. Or club jewelry, and High school, colleges graduation rings. They can add a bunch of new tools, Like sewing needles, fabric machine, knitting, embroidery machines, and a sewing box, and even different patterns, and pin cushions, shoe making tools,measuring tapes, and mannequin form with the option of designing right on it, You could gain all kinds of skills and more game play. When you create new clothes, and jewelry instead of it being done instantly, after you design it, it could take a long time to make it. Depending on what kind of item you are making.

-Door to door, social media salesmen or saleswomen career. You could sell makeup, tupperware, essential oils, lose weight wraps, and diet pills, and vitamins, storage 31 bags. They could go door to door, or sell online, Or have a party to sell to everyone. Just like real life. Like instead of avoiding them on facebook. Your sim could try to avoid them to, it would be great:)) lol. They could try to climb to the top of the sale men pyramid. Make extra money on the side, even have their sims friends join them and sell under them. Get a discount

-Ice cream/Food trucks Career/business-it would be funny to see sims chase them around

-A Circus Career/carnival/fair where you can ride elephants and have camel rides, have a reason for clowns, where they can have performance comedy skills gained, aerial silks and hoops, tight robe walker, and different circus animals that can learn tons of skills and tricks, and a ring master, and face painting stations also, Clowns that can do animal balloons, and a souvenir circus stands with popcorn and cotton candy, and circus animal stuff animals, and glow sticks. Plus it could combine in City Living so every time they go to the circus they actually go:))