Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Realized I didn't comment from yesterday's bowling chapter!
    “Why’d you even get a bowling alley gift card, Bianca? That’s an even bigger waste of money than usual.”
    “It was half-price,” I said with a sniff. “Bowling is obscene. Byron, you’re well aware of my feelings toward such a depraved activity.”

I love that Bianca detests bowling and anything to do with it, however she cannot resist the sale even for something that she apparently would never use. Poor Lysander...two jobs now to support their life. I see this as Bianca's need to fill her life. I hope her need to purchase gift cards that will go unused will diminish as she moves forward in her relationship with Lysander.

Hi Froots!!! I forgot you were the proprietress of Peaches & Cream! :heart:

Byron, naturally, was already shoving his bare feet inside a pair. Gotta agree with Bianca here. I detest bowling shoes and wearing the shoes other people have sweat in. Yep - I'm a bit OCD about this one.

Speaking of shoes... I love Penny's shoes were orange. :heart:

Time and time again, I unerringly thrust my smooth, heavy red orb down that narrow, slippery canal that beckoned for it. Can I say Bianca's bowling montage was....HOT. She's definitely throwing everything she has been desiring the last several days/weeks? Down that alley

Lysander reaching his breaking point and finally just taking her aside and proposing dirty bathroom be d**mned. Perfect and it shows the depth of his feeling to go completely against his nature (dirty dirty bathroom). I am certain that Bianca as much as she likes 'propriety' and the fact that Lysander was her former employee...she also has plenty of research from her novels that tell her that two people from a different class can absolutely make things work in the end. She's so lonely and her desire for real contact and emotion was so evident throughout. The desire of handholding the envy of the kissing. Yes, she's experiencing a physical relationship for the first time (maybe ever??) but she really wants that connection. Her delight in Penny coming to her, asking her opinion as a sister would etc.

Bianca has every reason to say yes, and I really hope it overrides the insignificant reason why she would say no. Especially because we've seen time and again that she wants to be a modern city woman. Just go for it Bee!! Take a chance!

I absolutely adore how you weave the humor with the deeper issues throughout the entire narrative. Well done.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I just took a second look at today's chapter, and you really need a nsfw warning on this one! I mean...
    The kitty is motorboating the llama and the helicopter is going down on that robot :open_mouth: SCANDALOUS!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh couch...couch...what you've been through is REALLY messing with your springs. Heh...
    And ew...Vlad and Penny? NEVAH!!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit Still waiting for the rest of those comments, bb. It's been over an hour. >:)

@CitizenErased14 I thought it might be~ And yes, I really should've lobster thermidor'd the entire last screenshot, just to be safe.

@MVWdeZT I think there might be a movie along those lines...but I can't remember the name right now. ;)

@pammiechick Couch's therapy bill will be astronomical. And yes, that one shot was probably the cruelest... (But interestingly, the only one who saw anything and got really sad was Lysander!)

@cshaner Ooooh, so many great comments, thank you! I almost forgot about that bowling chapter after all the work that went into today's... ;)
    I love all the in-depth looks you take at my characters, and your assessment of Bianca is spot-on. So much of her behavior revolves around filling holes (okay, bad metaphor) that she sees in her own life and relationships.

I mean, she'll probably always be selfish and narcissistic to a certain extent, but she's definitely lonely and eager for connection. She just doesn't manage her loneliness as well as Byron seemed to (by making out with stuffed animals, apparently).

...I can't blame Bianca much for not wanting to wear bowling shoes either. And I kind of wish I had my own personal cobbler for every occasion.

Maybe Bianca could've had a future as a romance novelist. ;) She really understands the heated passion of bowling.

And just as she learns a lot from the internet, she does draw a lot of her thoughts and opinions from her happily-ever-after novels! So we'll see how that proposal goes down. It'll be a while, though, until her answer is revealed...

She's incredibly envious of the seemingly "easy" relationship that her brother and Penny have, and there's no doubt she'd love to have something similar with Lysander (though with more acceptable levels of PDA). Thanks for the compliments and deep analyses, as always! I really appreciate them.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    She really understands the heated passion of bowling.

And for someone who abhorred the game... /nod

Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @WagonFruit Still waiting for the rest of those comments, bb. It's been over an hour. >:)
    Sorry! I got waylaid by pancakes and cute doggies!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    That couch has seen things no couch should see LOL xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    I'm going to start by saying, I love your use of lighting in this Ode to Couch.

A beautiful place where the denizens of Fangs can lay their subconscious desires.

Still would have been better with Penny/Lysander tho 10/10 *hides*
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I loved the surprise Couch chapter!

Now we need a chapter from Count Von Batstein's POV. ;)
  • Options

Second!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Second!

Third. I can tell from the dead look in his stuffed eyes that he's been some sh.t!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong Poor, abandoned Couch...the stories this Couch could tell. Between the sobs, at least.

@WagonFruit That was a 666th-worthy post if I've ever seen one. Excellent work. ;)

@Marmalade27 @pammiechick @InfraGreen It's a shame there's only one April 1st per year... ;) Poor von Batstein is probably scarred for life too.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @WagonFruit That was a 666th-worthy post if I've ever seen one. Excellent work. ;)
    Oh, yeah, totally! :mrgreen: *pretends she did it on purpose* B)

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited April 2017
    Emotional WitcHazard looks at the photos then has a epiphany! Slams fist into her open palm.

Emotional: I get it now it's a magic couch that grants wishes right Mama just like a djinn!

Mama WitcHazard smiles awkwardly!

Mama: Yes sweetie that's right! (Turns to LadyLobster) Please don't taint this one! She's my only hope for living with a normal girl! Please I beg you don't lead her down the path that no one can return from!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I haven't written about this guy in a while. Hopefully no one has forgotten about him! Here's the next chapter:

ufqdBbg.png
    Post edited by LadyLobster on
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    EEEEEEE! *Rolls all over Darius*
    *pokes* Orlando: hello little blue bug! Your children are going to have the most epic eyebrows (the mostest?).
    Must get a little 'dewy' under all those layers though (do fairies even sweat?) o:) At least his motives are less hazy for us now; I see you Orlando :*

Darius seems to, simultaneously, make things more vague and yet more clear wherever he goes:
    "The wind whispered then, of what might’ve been. That was always the saddest part, when the beautiful dreams I glimpsed crumbled to dust on my fingertips as I reached out to touch them."

At this point I feel compelled to squee about his being gloriously shirtless for most of this chapter...those abs...I missed them so! *rubs self on blue abs*

His face when: “She’ll probably yell at me…” *dies*

Penny, I both adore and envy you! To have the love of 2 such wonderful mens; you deserve it girl as you are the bestest. I ship Benny AND Penius, it's no secret...seeing Darius's heartache though, ack, all the feels! :'(

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of them standing outside their windmill house /swoon
    How lovely would it be to be able to dream like that? Bittersweet and wonderful (just like Darius).

Ahh! Penny's coy little "come hither" look with her cute preggo belly...Dream Darius about to get sooooome <3

Seeing them with their little girl about done me in /flaps hands at face

"…If she hadn’t met him…"
    For a split second there I scowled at poor Byron. Aw, I'm sorry Byron! I got caught up! *smothers Byron with Saul kisses*

It takes someone with a big heart to step aside and let their love go, watch them be happy with someone else, be happy for them. And to forgive the betrayal of a friend. No one has shown a bigger, warmer heart in this story than Darius!
    *flops* I can't take all these feels before I've had a coffee *forcefully cuddles doggie*
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I already gushed on WP... But let me just say that I absolutely adored this chapter :heart: This is probably one of my favorites. :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    What a beautiful chapter! And I like Darius better in his fae form than as a human; his human form seems colder -- maybe it's the glasses.
    I knew Darius was connected with the seed Isla's been taking care of! And he will get to be king, because you wouldn't introduce this twist if you did not intend him to break out of that cocoon. He and Penny would have made beautiful babies, but I like Byron better.

Just when I thought I knew the direction this story was going, I get turned around -- but the fae do that. Great job!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Well...

:rage:

:triumph:
    I wanted to explode a few screenshots...yes I did!

At first, I thought Darius was planning on making Penny his queen...hmmm...still not sure if that is his plan, but...

How can Darius be king? I'm usually baffled on the fae chapters since they are dreamy and shrouded in mystery. What I gather is that Darius is going to bring Isla back and they will become sister brother co-reigning king and queen? And Orlando loves Isla but she doesn't love anyone (unless you pull a Pili Maat on us. :tongue: or Jaime Cersei--GoT).

I would love a Graham- Orlando face off! That would be fun!! But it would only mean something if Isla loved both of them so I hope things heat up somehow! :love:

Interesting chapter!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit You need to calm down.

@CitizenErased14 Aww, thank you!! Now I'm curious what your other favorite chapters are. I think I can probably guess a little, if they're along the lines of this one.

@MVWdeZT You're so kind to call it beautiful! And that's two fae Darius fans and one glasses Darius fan. Before it was a tie!
    Would I be so cruel as to not let Darius be king in this story?? Hmmm...and yes, as much as I love Darius, I feel like Byron is the one who belongs with Penny.

@pammiechick ...*hides* I told y'all ahead of time that two people in particular would probably kill me over this chapter--but for very different reasons! Forgive me, please! <3 "Interesting" indeed, huh. ;) I'll pretend it's a good interesting and not a "why did I order this weirdly textured food" interesting.
    I knew those screenshots would get you! It's just a dream, it's okay! Put down that cannonball! The dream can only hurt the dreamer, remember? ;)

Darius is not planning to make Penny his queen, don't worry--this was the nail in the coffin for Penius. And not Isla either, LOL. All the power in the world to Pilaates and their beautiful offspring, but I ain't going all GoT up in here. Isla loves her brother, but not like that!

A Graham-Orlando face-off might be more likely. Penny has definitely picked up some of Isla's distant/closed-off tendencies herself, so it's a matter of Isla learning to thaw and open up if she wants anything meaningful. But you really don't have to worry about Darla or Penius!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster PS I EDITED MY SQUEEING TO FLESH IT OUT A BIT MORE ;):*B)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    LOL, nice edit @WagonFruit. Now I guess I have to give a better response than "calm down." (Though that will probably take some time...) Thank you for managing to compose yourself long enough to write such long, beautiful comments. Long like pineapples or some other long fruits. ...Okay, I'm just going to respond now.

Orlando isn't the worst! And his children WILL have epic eyebrows. If he finds himself a nice lady, maybe. Or a prickly lady like Isla. Fae generally aren't the nicest. And you would like to know if fairies sweat, wouldn't you?

Darius is a special boy--he's a bit of a contradiction, right? I'm glad his abs brought you so much happiness. <3 And I loved his face when he was fearing for his life too.

Wouldn't we all love to be Penny? ROFL. I know I probably would...but I don't know who I'd choose! They're both so sweet and both of their heartache hurts me.

I love the windmill house too. So much! I zoomed out as far as possible to get it all in. (Not a word, Froots.) I think it'd be great to dream like that, but sad too?

...You're probably right about Darius and pregnant Penny. ;)

Their little girl was so cute. And she would've grown up to be pretty. :'( (Yes, I checked...)

Aww, who could ever be mad at Byron? Other than Bianca and Saul, I mean. Those kisses will probably help him feel better. <3 And it was Darius who pushed Byron to wake up and find Penny after she returned from Fairyland (and almost burn to death...was Darius trying to get him killed?!)...

Darius #1!!!! Ahaha.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited April 2017
    Emotional WitcHazard: Eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk <3 My fiancé is back. He just as handsome as I remember! What he's leaving already don't go honey we didn't decide on the cake for the wedding! :'(

Mama WitcHazard: Aw her first crush it's so cute!

Lover WitcHazard: It is of course it would be with a fae! Shows just how immature she is in that regard! Maybe I should teach her about the matters of th e heart and body <3

Mama WitcHazard: No no that's quite alright carry on!

Emotional WitcHazard: Mama lets go we have to pick out two new dresses one for my wedding and my coronation!

Lover WitcHazard: Dont forget about the honeymoon!

Emotional WitcHazard: What would I wear in the honeymoon?

Lover WitcHazard: Well I know this quaint little store whose outfits are to die for! They especially look divine on virgins!

Mama WitcHazard: Lover!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @LadyLobster whew....all of the emotions all up in here lady. Seriously...feeeeelllls for daaaaays!!
    Orlando...you are so beautiful. I'm so glad you took Isla's advice to grow your hair out. How lovely that Darius noticed that Orlando tries not to flaunt his wings in front of him. That is a true friend, and not just because Orlando is in love with Darius' sister. I believe there is all sorts of (dare I say...layers?? Nah...) facets (yes, much more fitting a fae) to his character. We're only beginning to see the sparkle.

Darius' dream. I'm not ashamed to admit, the heart break of what could have been made more then just a lump in my throat. I actually shed several tears while I was drowning in the dream of what could have been. As I mentioned on WP, it's ok though seeing a glimpse. Penny has made her choice and I'm fine with that. Just to see how much Darius WANTED her and how beautiful their life could have been has me ok with how things had to be.

I gotta agree with @WagonFruit here, Darius' comments about "HIM" made me gnash my teeth for just a moment at Byron (sorry @pammiechick but I did...) Seeing Darius have even that inkling of jealousy made my heart ache because Darius is unselfish, he doesn't really have a lot of WANT for himself. The one WANT he did have for himself...he gave away to Byron.

So yes...I shed tears for what will not be, but in a lovely sort of way.

Oh and human Darius - hello love.... /swoon

I adore you LL...thank you for this gift of closure.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @WitcHazard Awwwwwww, seems like Emotional WitcHazard has quite the crush! I can't blame her--Darius is a sweetheart. And has great abs.

@cshaner I'm glad you saw the closure as beautiful and not devastating. <3 At least they'll always have A/U? I hope the emotions weren't too much! I had a feeling this would affect you, but apparently I had no idea how much.
    Orlando definitely has layers like Isla--and they both seem to have a sharp metallic layer on the outside. They're so much more alike than they realize--but I'm not sure if that makes them more or less compatible! If Isla and Darius had never been banished...hmmm. I do love his beautiful hair and sparkles. And he's a better friend than he gives himself credit for. There's definitely some self-loathing behind the meanness.

Don't worry, the dream sequence made me tear up too. I feel so weird having my heart break for one of my own characters! I'm the architect of their misery--couldn't I just make them all happy?! But this felt right to me. I know a lot of people were expecting me to kill him off, but I don't think death would necessarily be the greatest tragedy in this situation. There are so many different forms of loss and sacrifice. ...They would've had beautiful kids together, though, it's true--and a lovely, quiet little life together.

Darius is by far the least selfish character I have. Even Byron gets selfish! But Darius would genuinely rather make others happy, even at the cost of his own happiness.

I'm really, really awed at how much of an effect this chapter had on you. Thanks for taking the time to express all your lovely feelings. <3

And I know human Darius is your favorite. :*
    uduVcAP.png