Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Question

I have yet seen a toddler in my game other than my own my question is has anybody seen them in your game that isn't yours?
8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Yes when my single sim was living in an apartment the family opposite me had one or two (can't remember) toddlers who aged into children. Thenn my sim moved out so she didn't see them again
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Since Sims 4 does not have story progression, unplayed Sims will not have children on their own and so you won't see many toddlers around. The only time you'll get them is if a premade Sim is pregnant by default (as in the case of Jasminder Bheeda) or if the game generates a family with a toddler. There are mods for story progression though, if that is something you are interested in.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    amandajoy27amandajoy27 Posts: 167 Member
    Since Sims 4 does not have story progression, unplayed Sims will not have children on their own and so you won't see many toddlers around. The only time you'll get them is if a premade Sim is pregnant by default (as in the case of Jasminder Bheeda) or if the game generates a family with a toddler. There are mods for story progression though, if that is something you are interested in.

Okay Thanks!
    8yz411.jpg

Add me on Origin ID: Amanda3024
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I never saw any toddlers outside my own household and I wanted my toddler to have friends so I went ahead and entered all the households in my immediate world and had each family adopt a toddler. Then I sent a parent out to each individual household and become friends with the toddler living there. After that I tried to travel to an area in Myshuno and invite my own toddler and all the other toddlers too but only one toddler showed up. When I checked on the households where I had gotten toddlers adopted, I found that some of them had already disappeared. It was very frustrating but I am still trying to work this out. That is why I am hoping for a Generations Pack.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I never saw any toddlers outside my own household and I wanted my toddler to have friends so I went ahead and entered all the households in my immediate world and had each family adopt a toddler. Then I sent a parent out to each individual household and become friends with the toddler living there. After that I tried to travel to an area in Myshuno and invite my own toddler and all the other toddlers too but only one toddler showed up. When I checked on the households where I had gotten toddlers adopted, I found that some of them had already disappeared. It was very frustrating but I am still trying to work this out. That is why I am hoping for a Generations Pack.

I did something relatively similar. I either created new families with kids and toddlers or I added them to existing families. I haven't seen any of them disappear yet though. Do you have aging on? I have aging off for now. I did what you did with visiting those lots to meet the toddlers so they could be invited. I invite them over to play with my main household's toddler or invite them to go to the playground with that family and they always show up.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

The Toddlers didn't age up, and you're certain you didn't accidentally switch saves? Because no Sim Toddler should be disappearing from a housed household. You might consider zipping your saves folder up for @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin if you can confirm the issue. It's not one I've seen anyone report before.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »

I did something relatively similar. I either created new families with kids and toddlers or I added them to existing families. I haven't seen any of them disappear yet though. Do you have aging on? I have aging off for now. I did what you did with visiting those lots to meet the toddlers so they could be invited. I invite them over to play with my main household's toddler or invite them to go to the playground with that family and they always show up.
    I have aging off but it sounds like it worked fine for you. I am going to keep trying. I wish we could have play dates or a the daycare career. I enjoy toddlers the most in sims 4, they are just so much more fleshed out than teens and children. I am hanging on the promise of more activities for them. I tried to form a group for my toddler and other toddlers but that didn't work either. I wanted a dance club where all the toddlers could get together and dance. I thought that would have been adorable to have about ten toddlers all dancing.
  • Options

The Toddlers didn't age up, and you're certain you didn't accidentally switch saves? Because no Sim Toddler should be disappearing from a housed household. You might consider zipping your saves folder up for @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin if you can confirm the issue. It's not one I've seen anyone report before.

Thanks for the response and for the advice. I will do that.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,528 Member
    @ANNETTE1951 I know this sounds a little obvious, but are you sure you saved your game after making the changes to the families? I know that I've had some spacey moments where I forgot to save after editing a bunch of sims in the Manage Households panels, and I closed the game. I wound up having to redo all the makeovers and that was a little frustrating.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    @ANNETTE1951 I know this sounds a little obvious, but are you sure you saved your game after making the changes to the families? I know that I've had some spacey moments where I forgot to save after editing a bunch of sims in the Manage Households panels, and I closed the game. I wound up having to redo all the makeovers and that was a little frustrating.

No, I saved it and I am sure because there were other toddlers who survived but the odd thing is that the households where they did not survive only had one parent, they were single. I wondered if that had anything to do with it but probably not.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I was curious about this too, like if you saw toddlers around with their parents while on community lots. I once made a thread about this and someone said they saw a sim with their toddler at the park. I've yet to see it in my game though.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    I was curious about this too, like if you saw toddlers around with their parents while on community lots. I once made a thread about this and someone said they saw a sim with their toddler at the park. I've yet to see it in my game though.

Yeah, sorry to say, I have never seen any parent with a toddler at any park or public place. I placed toddlers with many families and still did not see any show up at public places.