Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs you want to see back in TS4

I'm wondering which EPs would you like to have back, considering ALL EPs, from TS to TS3. And which ones do you really not want back.

For me it's like:

I want:

Pets (TS2)
Seasons (TS3)
Makin' Magic (TS)
University (TS2) didn't play TS3 one
SuperStar (TS)
Island Pardise (TS3)
Adventure Time (miss the different countries minus the missions) (TS3)
Ambitions (TS3)

Everything in that order!!!

I don't want:

Into the future (TS3)
Generarions (TS3)
Supernaturals (Only because I think they can come back in GPs and EPs) (TS3)
Free time (I love it, but it can be a GP)
SuperStar version of TS3 don't remember the name, I just hated the whole concept. It was like expectations: Superstar reality: Katy Perry (sorry for those who liked it)

What about you?

21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    I never played The Sims SuperStar but I definitely want something like that.The Sims 3 version,you probably mean Showtime,was really bad. :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Seasons and pets, in that order. I don't care about University. Never enjoyed the previous iterations very much and probably won't purchase it this time around. Island Paradise was a hot mess, no thanks to seeing it back. The rest I could take or leave.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I want :
    - Seasons : I love feeling the passing of time and watching the scenery change
    - Vacation/Bon Voyage : Change of scenery, perfect time to try some new things with my families, and relaxing !

I don't want :
    - World Adventures : I don't like the idea of adventures, too much focus on one Sim, too RPG
    - Showtime : too much out of the day-to-day life, not enough replay value
    - Into the Future/Supernatural/Making Magic : I play mostly realistic
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Generations
    Seasons
    Open for Business: Sims 2 style
    Island Vacation world more than 5 lots
    Free Time: I need hobbies crafting and so much more
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    I never played The Sims SuperStar but I definitely want something like that.The Sims 3 version,you probably mean Showtime,was really bad. :)

Then I'm glad I didn't buy it! I was expecting sims being able to do commercials, jingles, photo shoots, but showtime was like makin' magic for kids birthdays.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Seasons and pets, in that order. I don't care about University. Never enjoyed the previous iterations very much and probably won't purchase it this time around. Island Paradise was a hot mess, no thanks to seeing it back. The rest I could take or leave.

Why didn't you like island paradise? :open_mouth:
    Neia wrote: »
    I want :
    - Vacation/Bon Voyage : Change of scenery, perfect time to try some new things with my families, and relaxing !

I don't want :
    - World Adventures : I don't like the idea of adventures, too much focus on one Sim, too RPG

I didn't like the adventure feature of the game, I agree with you, but I did love the recreation of countries, especially Egypt. I loved bon vayage, but I usually just like the beach vacations so that's why I rather have island paradise back, but I would love bon vayage to be some sort of GP.

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Generations
    Seasons

:/ I think open for business is our new GTW EP :/ that was a real hot mess in my opinion
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Seasons, Pets, Vacation, Generations.

Those are the EPs that are at least mandatory for me.
    The others EPs are a blank space for me.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sims 2 free time as a gamepack

Sims 3 island paradise with mermaids

Sims 3 pets

Sims 3 seasons

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I don't want Generarions either, but I do want Generations ;) Hehe.

Other than that, Supernaturals (in any form), Seasons & I'd like a school pack similar to University but with a) all life stages, b) not having to move to a frozen world unable to play my other sims, and c) a teacher career :D
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I feel like it is kinda unfair to have an attitude like this: "I don't want this or that, so the people who would love these packs will not get them because I don't care for those themes/packs/whatever." I mean, I would LOVE Superstar 2.0 EP or GP for The Sims 4, with the best features from Superstar and Showtime but made even better for the new version. Do you guys seriously think they are going to stop making new packs to TS4 after those of you who only need pets, seasons and maybe like 1 other additional pack? That won't happen. I hate when Simmers are like "I don't care for new experiences like farming/amusement parks/schools in The Sims, I just need the basic packs and then the game is complete for everyone". It's not the truth seriously. Sorry for my rant, just wanted to note something that I have seen on the forums a lot recently, after the toddlers and vampires were released.
    But I welcome basically everything to my game, as long as the gameplay will be rewarding and fun. Vampires GP is seriously one of the best packs for The Sims series in my opinion. Why would you guys expect the quality of the upcoming packs to decay dramatically after they just started to show what they are capable of? ;)
    Oh and by the way, even if some of the upcoming packs/content is not what you guys want/need in your game, PLEASE don't ruin the excitement and optimism for Simmers who are excited about the news. Thank you.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    I feel like it is kinda unfair to have an attitude like this: "I don't want this or that, so the people who would love these packs will not get them because I don't care for those themes/packs/whatever." I mean, I would LOVE Superstar 2.0 EP or GP for The Sims 4, with the best features from Superstar and Showtime but made even better for the new version. Do you guys seriously think they are going to stop making new packs to TS4 after those of you who only need pets, seasons and maybe like 1 other additional pack? That won't happen. I hate when Simmers are like "I don't care for new experiences like farming/amusement parks/schools in The Sims, I just need the basic packs and then the game is complete for everyone". It's not the truth seriously. Sorry for my rant, just wanted to note something that I have seen on the forums a lot recently, after the toddlers and vampires were released.
    But I welcome basically everything to my game, as long as the gameplay will be rewarding and fun. Vampires GP is seriously one of the best packs for The Sims series in my opinion. Why would you guys expect the quality of the upcoming packs to decay dramatically after they just started to show what they are capable of? ;)
    Oh and by the way, even if some of the upcoming packs/content is not what you guys want/need in your game, PLEASE don't ruin the excitement and optimism for Simmers who are excited about the news. Thank you.

Well tbh I think people only said what they personally wanted, not that the packs they personally don't want should never be made ;)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Well tbh I think people only said what they personally wanted, not that the packs they personally don't want should never be made ;)
    Well that could be true, but some people can be very selfish with their opinions and wishes for things in life ;) that's why I mentioned that.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @ULIBABA66
    Personally my list isn't exhaustive, it's not all the EPs I want to see in TS4, it's all the EPs from the past I want back, then I have room for farming, school, or new ideas. Some of the previous packs could come in GPs or included in other packs too, like hobbies. There are also packs I liked, I expect to see but I'm not all that much excited about, like Pets or University.

And don't worry, they aren't looking for 100% approvment before making a pack.
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66
    Personally my list isn't exhaustive, it's not all the EPs I want to see in TS4, it's all the EPs from the past I want back, then I have room for farming, school, or new ideas. Some of the previous packs could come in GPs or included in other packs too, like hobbies. There are also packs I liked, I expect to see but I'm not all that much excited about, like Pets or University.

Yeah it's ok, I do understand that not everyone wants to see packs that include adventures, celebrities, romantic interactions, supernaturals or whatever else that I cannot think of right now. But what I want to say, is that I have seen a dramatic improvement with the recent quality of new packs and features The Sims 4 has gotten. I do hope they can still address the issues with older packs and broken content/bugs. I just wish the community would be more optimistic. I loved when some Simmers were very excited for packs like Get Together and City Living, it made me happy and more excited too. I still do think Maxis has lots of surprises for us left to say the least ;)
  • Options
    @ULIBABA66

Yeah it's ok, I do understand that not everyone wants to see packs that include adventures, celebrities, romantic interactions, supernaturals or whatever else that I cannot think of right now. But what I want to say, is that I have seen a dramatic improvement with the recent quality of new packs and features The Sims 4 has gotten. I do hope they can still address the issues with older packs and broken content/bugs. I just wish the community would be more optimistic. I loved when some Simmers were very excited for packs like Get Together and City Living, it made me happy and more excited too. I still do think Maxis has lots of surprises for us left to say the least ;)

I honestly think the community has gotten miles more positive about the future of TS4. But the OP asked specifically what packs we want "back", so that's why people don't mention anything that doesn't really exist yet, and they also only mention what they themselves want back. I don't think anyone was being negative (yet) :)
  • Options
    I don't want Generarions either, but I do want Generations ;) Hehe.

Other than that, Supernaturals (in any form), Seasons & I'd like a school pack similar to University but with a) all life stages, b) not having to move to a frozen world unable to play my other sims, and c) a teacher career :D

I want generations in a GP. I think there is just not enough content for such EP. I would buy it anyway, but I only bought that EP cause the game didn't have enough for family play. I thought it was veg unfair that we had to pay for some of those features.

I suggest you don't come into this thread again. Nobody was being rude about their opinion and if you can't handle different opinions or read about things people don't want back don't read this thread. You completely ruined the fun of it :/

Exactly! I respect when people say they want generations it's not like I'm gonna rant because I think it's boring and should never be made. For example I've said several times that a bowling SP is boring, but I've seen so much people happy with it that I don't care. This game can have 1000 of new additions so it's impossible to have eveyone agree.
    @ULIBABA66

This. How many people said they were glad occults weren't in the game, and the last GP was all about vampires. Maxis knows very well that they won't be able to please everyone. Obviously they were gonna go after old time favorites like Pets and Seasons, cause they still want to make as much money as possible, but I think TS4 has come out with more new features than older games. I mean GTW was the first time we got open careers, I honestly thought it was a mess, it seemed like people wanted the concept of OFB more than the new open careers, but well some people enjoy that EP anyway no matter what other people think.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    Generations
    Seasons
    University

That's all I need to enjoy this series.
    There are no "don't wants" for me.

For something new, I would like some sort of farming expansion.
    I really enjoyed the Farming content from the TS3 store.
    I combined it with Nectar making from world adventures and really enjoyed it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    Generations
    Seasons
    University

That's all I need to enjoy this series.
    There are no "don't wants" for me.

For something new, I would like some sort of farming expansion.
    I really enjoyed the Farming content from the TS3 store.
    I combined it with Nectar making from world adventures and really enjoyed it.

I miss nectar making!!! Now I want anything that will add that in my game lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like most of these ideas that have been suggested: pets, seasons, vacations/beaches, generations (or: additional features to develop various life stages and life events), more developed dating/romance. I'd probably also consider other ideas as well. Oh, I nearly forgot the fame idea. I did love Sims 1's Superstar and I did not get Showtime because I wasn't feeling all the Ka.ty Per.ry stuff/style. I wouldn't want to be famous myself but playing with Sims seeking fame is a lot of fun.

I would definitely consider other ideas and the different price points of SPs, GPs and EPs allow for that. I hope they keep going and that they also continue patching some of the bugs. Honestly, at this point, the way they would irritate me is if they did abandon 4.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'd like most of these ideas that have been suggested: pets, seasons, vacations/beaches, generations (or: additional features to develop various life stages and life events), more developed dating/romance. I'd probably also consider other ideas as well. Oh, I nearly forgot the fame idea. I did love Sims 1's Superstar and I did not get Showtime because I wasn't feeling all the Ka.ty Per.ry stuff/style. I wouldn't want to be famous myself but playing with Sims seeking fame is a lot of fun.

I would definitely consider other ideas and the different price points of SPs, GPs and EPs allow for that. I hope they keep going and that they also continue patching some of the bugs. Honestly, at this point, the way they would irritate me is if they did abandon 4.

I honestly don't understand why they never brought back Superstar, everytime I mention it people have a positive reaction. That game has so many features. It would totally work on TS4, especially cause in TS sims could do jingles, music videos, acting and I think maybe runway shows? So with ts4 system of having different branches they could add that to some publicity related career.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Then I'm glad I didn't buy it! I was expecting sims being able to do commercials, jingles, photo shoots, but showtime was like makin' magic for kids birthdays.

I want :

I don't want :

I didn't like the adventure feature of the game, I agree with you, but I did love the recreation of countries, especially Egypt. I loved bon vayage, but I usually just like the beach vacations so that's why I rather have island paradise back, but I would love bon vayage to be some sort of GP.

Generations
    Seasons

:/ I think open for business is our new GTW EP :/ that was a real hot mess in my opinion
    In my mind GTW does not exist since I never use it no fun whatsoever . I still want Open for Business type retail even if its just a game pack that expands on retail Sims 2 style.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

I want :

I don't want :

Generations
    Seasons

In my mind GTW does not exist since I never use it no fun whatsoever . I still want Open for Business type retail even if its just a game pack that expands on retail Sims 2 style.

Me too... I really want OFB to make a comeback somehow but I feel like GTW ruined that for us... or at least those of us who highly disliked that game.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    All I really need is Pets and University, as far as EPs go. The rest of the packs could be new ideas and I'd be content with that. I don't want every EP that gets released for Sims 4 to be rehashed from past versions, I would like to have some new content too. I'm expecting Seasons will come but it's never been an expansion that excites me. I know it's really in demand though so I hope the people who want it will get it.

I'd love Generations too, especially if it adds preteens, but I hope they do a lot more with it than they did in Sims 3.

I want more Supernatural types of course but like you said, they can come in GPs (the bigger ones like witches and werewolves) or as features in EPs for the less gameplay intensive types like genies and mermaids.

I'd like to see a beach vacation GP at some point. Camping is underwhelming for me.

Freetime could also be a GP, but I really hope that the hobbies are optional and aren't just triggered by Sims doing regular activities like playing video games. I'd like it if a Sim had to select hobbies from a menu or something before they would start earning skill/points toward it. I really did not enjoy the way it was implemented in the Sims 2 EP. Every Sim ended up with hobby enthusiasm for cooking just because they had to feed themselves, and every Sim had gaming hobby enthusiasm because we all know Sims are obsessed with games. This lead to unnecessary want panel spam and was overall just annoying. I think that was probably my least favorite Sims 2 EP, but the base idea was a good one, it was just badly designed in my opinion.

I feel neutral toward any kind of fame EP. If it was like Sims 1 Superstar I'd probably love it, but if it was like Sims 3 celebrities where your Sims got famous just for having celeb friends, I could do without it. I think fame should definitely be a player triggered thing, like Sims should have to hire an agent before they can start earning fame points. My problem with this is similar to my problem with Freetime, I guess. I don't like the game forcing things on my Sim that I don't want them to have.

I hope we get that long rumored Find Love GP that would add back the chemistry system from Sims 2 as well as better dates and new wedding features and stuff. Bachelor and Bachelorette parties!
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    The EP i'm really wating for:
    1) Season
    2) Pets
    3) a supernatural EP (if they don't go back to the 1 EP = 1 creature)
    4) A back in time EP (but not like the one from th3, same theme, but being able to travel onto the past too, to a Victorian / medieval past, with maybe some missions like you go to the past, you meet a Victorian npc who says that he has hide something in a specific location and back in your time you go search for it, and you find a letter, his diary, a Victorian object or something that could be useful in a archeologist career)

I think generation could come back in a GP, same for university (exept if they make a upgrade about school in general: Private school for Child and teen, out-of-school activities, a kindergarten for toddler, etc ...), Island paradise could also come in a GP as a holiday destination, with hotel

And there is EP that i don't really know if i would buy it if they come back, like showtime. Celebrity were spreading like a bad disease in my game, my sims just needed to speak 5 minutes in game with a celebrity to become on ... (but i do liked the reputation system, if it did came with this EP, even if every sims knew what my sims was doing in his basement thanks to this :D )
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    Pets are pretty much confirmed, I'm content with that stuff. Beyond that:
    Farming would be cute.
    An interactive high school would be so fun, maybe throw in a city college that uses the same system. A university using the rental lots style of Granite Falls would be perfect for dorms.

The elders seriously need some love. A pack featuring a retirement home, golf, knitting skill that allows creating cloths and carpets, a radio station with 40's songs, black and white old shows (could have Sims 2 scenes to emphasize on the "old" lol) a trait that makes them get tense because of technology, and a whole bunch of new "old" clothes for them. It would be pretty interesting to see the elders for once being the focus of a pack, might just encourage more people to play them. There's so much that can be done with them.
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    -Definitely seasons without question. I live in a place where it's kinda an endless summer (same weather year round) so I hate to be living that through the sims too. Snow makes everything so cozy! Autumn is beautiful! I want that back.
    -Island Paradise. I love this idea, though it might have been executed in a kinda chaotic way. The whole concept is so exciting to me as someone who cannot get enough of islands and beaches.
    -Another kind of fame pack, but remastered. I never played any of these kinds of game packs so I can't confirm or deny statements that call them lame, but from what I've heard, they weren't great. But I love the idea of having a well known (famous) sim, maybe through a high level singing or acting career. Have them be able to hide from paparazzi or crazy fans with hats/sunglasses, have them be escorted everywhere in a limo. That idea is awesome to me.

Tbh I'm not really hyped for a pets gp. They never really intrigued me. I honestly never saw much of a need for my sims to have pets, though the option itself is nice. To me, they're just like having a baby that never really grows up. Idk, that's my experience with them.