Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Female sims wearing bra when "nude"

FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
Ever since installing the latest patch and City Living, all my adult female sims have taken to wearing the pink/orange "modesty" bra when bathing, showering, skinny dipping, or changing into the nude. THIS IS HAPPENING EVEN WITH BRAND NEW GAMES AND NO CC and is therefore not a CC issue. It appears to be triggered whenever I change a female sim's outfit in CAS. Up to that point, they are fine.

I know there was a problem a while back with bad CC causing sims to retain their clothes when they were supposed to be nude, but I never had that issue and this appears to be something new and quite different.

I have reported the problem over at Answer HQ, but I am wondering whether anyone else is experiencing it, or has any idea what might be causing it.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. I will post the link to the AHQ EA thread that refers to the issue, so that other simmers who also have this issue can post their feedback there .
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/td-p/5586994

A temporary workaround for the issue if you have MC Command Center mod in your game is to click on the sim whilst they are showering/bathing, Then click on MC Command Center, then click on MC Dresser. Then click on outfit commands, then click on "clean outfits". Then see if that helps to fix the issue.
  • Options
    Thank you, Rose. Unfortunately, I do not have the MC Command Centre mod, so that option is not available to me. I'm actually very nervous of using mods and always keep mine to the absolute minimum.
  • Options
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Thank you, Rose. Unfortunately, I do not have the MC Command Centre mod, so that option is not available to me. I'm actually very nervous of using mods and always keep mine to the absolute minimum.

I am sorry :( There may be a fix for the issue soon in an upcoming patch,
  • Options
    Thank you, I hope so.
  • Options
    AmythesttAmythestt Posts: 18 Member
    okay so it's not just me.. my sim is doing the same.. I removed all my mods and still she's in that stupid bra but her lower half is actually naked.. it's infuriating! haha
  • Options
    Amythestt wrote: »
    okay so it's not just me.. my sim is doing the same.. I removed all my mods and still she's in that plum bra but her lower half is actually naked.. it's infuriating! haha

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have this issue, The issue is affecting other simmers also.
    If you have MC Command Center, a temporary workaround is in the above post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15342459/#Comment_15342459
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

What mods DO you use? Just curious. (Any cc?)

My main 3 mods are MC (which I won't play without, other than for testing), Show Sim Info, and the UI Cheats mod. They all work well together, and MC and UIC are both great at breaking through game limitations. (Show Sim Info does exactly what it says, lets you see info on various sims in different ways. Very Handy!)

@rosemow there's a "band aid" fix for this too... if you go through Sim > MC > Dresser > Change Outfit and select Bathing, that will reset the current outfit, and remove that bra. It may not "stick" going forward like Clean Outfits should, but it'll work for the situation at hand. (I did it the last time I played.)
  • Options

What mods DO you use? Just curious. (Any cc?)

My main 3 mods are MC (which I won't play without, other than for testing), Show Sim Info, and the UI Cheats mod. They all work well together, and MC and UIC are both great at breaking through game limitations. (Show Sim Info does exactly what it says, lets you see info on various sims in different ways. Very Handy!)

@rosemow there's a "band aid" fix for this too... if you go through Sim > MC > Dresser > Change Outfit and select Bathing, that will reset the current outfit, and remove that bra. It may not "stick" going forward like Clean Outfits should, but it'll work for the situation at hand. (I did it the last time I played.)

Hello egwarhammer Thankyou for the infornation about the fix using MC Command Center :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I just thought I would post to say that I have a found a simple and straightforward mod that directly (albeit only temporarily) addresses the "pink bra" issue. It is Lynire's reset-bathing-outfit mod, available on the Mod The Sims site. It gives you the ability to reset the bathing outfit (nude state) of your active sim, or of all sims in the game. Unfortunately, it does not prevent the pink bra from reappearing next time you change your sim's outfit in CAS, but it does make it very easy to get rid of it.

Egwarhammer, to answer your question, the only true mods I have at the moment are the no mosaic mod, the eternal youth and immortal reward traits mod and Neia's no more relationship culling mod. I have also recently added Lynire's mod, as mentioned above. I do however have lots of other CC, in the form of objects, hair-styles and clothes.
  • Options
    I just thought I would post to say that I have a found a simple and straightforward mod that directly (albeit only temporarily) addresses the "pink bra" issue. It is Lynire's reset-bathing-outfit mod, available on the Mod The Sims site. It gives you the ability to reset the bathing outfit (nude state) of your active sim, or of all sims in the game. Unfortunately, it does not prevent the pink bra from reappearing next time you change your sim's outfit in CAS, but it does make it very easy to get rid of it.

Egwarhammer, to answer your question, the only true mods I have at the moment are the no mosaic mod, the eternal youth and immortal reward traits mod and Neia's no more relationship culling mod. I have also recently added Lynire's mod, as mentioned above. I do however have lots of other CC, in the form of objects, hair-styles and clothes.

Hello
    Thankyou for letting us know about the mod :) It is good to know about a workaround mod to help with the issue.
  • Options
    Ebonyrose3Ebonyrose3 Posts: 6 New Member
    I have the same issue, freshly installed game, no cc, no mods (apart from the no mosaic mod). The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pink bra is making me crazy.
  • Options
    Ebonyrose3 wrote: »
    I have the same issue, freshly installed game, no cc, no mods (apart from the no mosaic mod). The plum pink bra is making me crazy.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/m-p/5586994#M28689
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Unfortunately, the addition of vampires seems to only be making this bug more prominent. The pink bra glitch happens when you switch forms too, Normal to Dark form. (It also happens to aliens, when swapping between Disguise and Alien forms.)

I stopped by the AHQ thread to add that to the info there.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    NightingaleNexisNightingaleNexis Posts: 12 New Member
    I too am stopping by the AHQ thread. At first I thought it was funny, then annoying, now it just makes me want to cry. I don't wear a bra to my bath, why would my sim? I do have the no mosiac mod but it seems to be very far beyond that. I will try the temporary fix on here but...I hope it eventually gets actually fixed <3
  • Options
    I too am stopping by the AHQ thread. At first I thought it was funny, then annoying, now it just makes me want to cry. I don't wear a bra to my bath, why would my sim? I do have the no mosiac mod but it seems to be very far beyond that. I will try the temporary fix on here but...I hope it eventually gets actually fixed <3

Hello
    I am sorry that you also are having this issue in your game :( It may be fixed in the next patch.
  • Options
    StrawberryHolidayStrawberryHoliday Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks for this thread. I'm adding the reset bathing outfit mod now :D
  • Options
    nasonexdropnasonexdrop Posts: 74 Member
    Still no fix and it is now march. Very few mods in game as game continually breaks especially festivals . Removed everything and a new game , now the pink bra on all the time . No joy in this game.
  • Options
    Still no fix and it is now march. Very few mods in game as game continually breaks especially festivals . Removed everything and a new game , now the pink bra on all the time . No joy in this game.

Hello
    If you have MC Command Center mod , https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    it can be used to temporarily fix the issue, by using the " clean outfit " command. If you would like to use that mod to help with the issue, it would be good to post on the help thread for the mod and simmers will help you by explaining the fix for the issue.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Someone had asked about this bathing outfit, the possibility of resetting it being added to MCCC, and this is Deaderpool's posted (to MTS, not long after 3.2.0 launched) response to them:
    If you have the bathing outfits all getting messed-up all the time, then you have bad CC that needs to be fixed. If you fix the bad CC, the problem will go away. There are many posts here, and lots of other places about techniques you can use to fix your bad clothing content that is showing-up as appropriate for bathing outfits.

My mods already have built-in bathing outfit resets. If you click on a Sim in their bathing outfit that isn't nude and go into MC Dresser/Outfit Commands/Clean Outfits, it will remove the bad CC. As noted above, though, unless you take care of the bad CC, it will still show-up on other Sims in the future.

I currently have no plans to add some sort of a cheat to fix an issue that there are already ways to fix. It's such a specific (and bad clothing mod) problem that it is easiest to just fix at the source rather than try to clean-up the symptoms of the disease. Thanks!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5166784#post5166784

And, a little more on the subject, from a different post:
    Once you have fixed the CC in Sims 4 Studio, you can just clean the outfits with Dresser "Clean Outfits" on the Sim and it's fixed forever. It doesn't fix itself by just running the CC cleanup in Sims 4 Studio, though. That just replaces the bad CC on the Sim's bathing outfits with the peach bra. You still have to run a cleanup on the Sims already affected by the bad CC. But if you fix the bad CC with Sims 4 Studio, you only have to do that cleanup once.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5167523#post5167523
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    My mods already have built-in bathing outfit resets. If you click on a Sim in their bathing outfit that isn't nude and go into MC Dresser/Outfit Commands/Clean Outfits, it will remove the bad CC. As noted above, though, unless you take care of the bad CC, it will still show-up on other Sims in the future.
    It took me a few attempts until I figured out that
    - the mod doesnt have an option to change a sims clothing to bathing
    - in order to edit the bathing clothes the sim must be in the shower or taking a bath

THEN it works.
  • Options
    RainbowMoonDustRainbowMoonDust Posts: 3 New Member
    Once you have fixed the CC in Sims 4 Studio, you can just clean the outfits with Dresser "Clean Outfits" on the Sim and it's fixed forever. It doesn't fix itself by just running the CC cleanup in Sims 4 Studio, though. That just replaces the bad CC on the Sim's bathing outfits with the peach bra. You still have to run a cleanup on the Sims already affected by the bad CC. But if you fix the bad CC with Sims 4 Studio, you only have to do that cleanup once.

Not the case for me, I don't use ANY CC at all, never have, this only triggered for me after downloading and installing the No Mosiac/Censor Mod. I had taken my Sim into CAS many times before using that mod and after using it had her take a bath BEFORE going into CAS and it she was wearing that plum bra. She is a Vampire however so that might be affecting it? :/

I am wondering if this fix will even work in a game that doesn't have any bad CC that needs to be cleaned. :/ Does anyone know?

I don't know how to put things in quotations on this site, sorry.
  • Options
    RainbowMoonDustRainbowMoonDust Posts: 3 New Member

Not the case for me, I don't use ANY CC at all, never have, this only triggered for me after downloading and installing the No Mosiac/Censor Mod. I had taken my Sim into CAS many times before using that mod and after using it had her take a bath BEFORE going into CAS and it she was wearing that plum bra. She is a Vampire however so that might be affecting it? :/

I am wondering if this fix will even work in a game that doesn't have any bad CC that needs to be cleaned. :/ Does anyone know?

• Options
    edited May 2017

Helllo @RainbowMoonDust
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Helllo @RainbowMoonDust
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    That wont help because the issue is in the character settings/library, not in the game settings.

I don't know how to put things in quotations on this site, sorry.
    Did you try my fix above your post? Btw, there is another version of the no mosaic mod with a toddler update. Maybe you got the wrong version?