Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires Vs Toddlers

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2017
    For me, between the two: it's toddlers all the way. Toddlers, toddlers, toddlers! So glad I can say those words without feeling sad/hopeless about Sims4!

I have stopped buying more packs and almost lost hope for this game because I had still missed toddlers. I felt neglected as a family player who loved the little tots. It got to the point where I thought the tots were never going to be in Sims 4.

Toddlers were my main reason to go back to this game, so, definitely toddlers. I'm a family player, so toddlers were a big component of my play.

I mean, the vamps are cool and all, but back then, I was on the fence about buying it---until the awesome toddlers arrived.

Once the toddlers came out, I had regained hope and then bought CL and Vampires, and now I am planning to buy more content in the future. :smile:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Vampire tots, I refuse to choose
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    irishgurl2978irishgurl2978 Posts: 267 Member
    It's cool that toddlers are back and all but I was more excited about vampires.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Vampires. The toddlers are nice too, but I've definitely gotten more game play out of Vampires. But I've never been a huge fan of toddlers. I always aged them up within a day in 2&3 :lol:
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Cool! Neat to hear everyone's thoughts! Vampires for me but I'm glad they finally added Toddlers too!
    71rbpi.png
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i love both. but toddlers because i have been wanting them so bad since the sims 4 came out. and before toddlers i wasnt really that attatched to the sims born into my game. i would only seem attatched to those i created. but getting toddlers makes me feel like i love this sim because i watch them grow. i watch them being a helpless toddler playing ever so cute and needing to be taken care of by the adults. but still i have been wanting to see vampires in the game really bad. but i had more patient for that over toddlers cuz vampires were an extention of the game while toddlers were a base game feature. so as much as i love vampires. i feel like toddlers win because it makes me love my babies that are born. and it was a needed life state. also vampire toddlers are so cute. luckily i dont have to choose because i have both and im enjoying both.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Vamps of course. Honestly, I haven't played with toddlers yet. Just tested them the day when they appeared. I think toddlers lifestage makes much sense, but I'm definitely not its fan :smile:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'll always choose supernaturals over Toddlers, absolutely to the 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,492 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    So...just wondering what people preferred. Just asking because we couldn't get away from people asking #TheSimsTeam about Toddlers but Vampires have seemed to overshadow the Toddlers since both of their releases last month. Let me k ow which one you prefer. I know which one I prefer.

Also let me know if you've heard any rumors as to what may be coming this month?

I don't think vamps overshadows toddlers at all, it just seems that way because toddlers were our for over a week before vampires released. If you look at all the toddler threads started there are way more than vampires, same with custom content.

I'm not a vampire person and although it was cool for a second, as with most things in Sims 4 its too easy to max your vamp out. It also gets old after a few hours because you can do pretty much all there is to do in that time. There is only so many times you can bite another sim, watch them fight, etc.....before the animations get repetitive. I think Toddlers add way more in the long run, I wasn't even one of the people who begged for toddlers, and even I see what they added to the game. I just feel that this iteration panders more to teens than people who have played this game for over 15 years. Which is fine I guess, its just frustrating at times. The game is dumbed down a lot compared to previous iterations and I think vampires reflect that. Within a couple of hours I had already maxed out my vamp, thats a little ridiculous.

Heck, there were even people crying over toddlers haha, no one cried over vamps lol. Toddlers add a whole other level to the whole game. Vamps are extremely niche.

Not true. I seriously teared up when that first vampire trailer hit and I saw how awesome they were going to be and how most of my requests had come to fruition (whether due to excessive forum suggestions or coincidental creative similarities with devs, it doesn't even matter to me), I was ridiculously emotional about the Vampires pack. But that's kind of weird, so I didn't say anything about it. In fact, forget I told you. :D

So my answer, of course, is Vampires. I've barely even begun with the pack because I've been so busy with a brand new save where I'm doing a complete overhaul with all of the maps and lots and turning the whole entire sims world into a Tim Burton-esque, Bram Stoker's Dracula-ish nightmare paradise. It's taking quite a while, haha, but when I'm done, I'll be playing it for a long time.

I will give an honorable mention to toddlers, though. They were done really well (the best so far, I think) and they don't even annoy me sometimes the way sims 2 toddlers did. But they really don't contribute that much to my personal long term gameplay, although I'm really happy for those who have been waiting forever for them. :)

#Team Occult
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hate kids, so...
  • Options
    tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    Let's find out which one wins in a grudge match... fight! :)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    Vampires.
    I raised two toddlers and it was nice while it lasted, but for my vampires I have so many plans! When I open my mainsave with the intention to play a normal family, I find myself choosing a vampire household instead "for just ten minutes." These ten minutes usually last about two hours.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Vampires.
    I raised two toddlers and it was nice while it lasted, but for my vampires I have so many plans! When I open my mainsave with the intention to play a normal family, I find myself choosing a vampire household instead "for just ten minutes." These ten minutes usually last about two hours.

This is me as well. Once I played a vampire that was it :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am playing both I have one family that are Vampires and another that is Normal. The Normal family has about four toddlers they are all adopted, and my female Sim is planning to have a baby of her own. My Vampire couple are about to get married Calb and is intended they will probably have Vampire Children once he turns his future Wife. I think she is trying to help him overcome his Vampirsim so they can be normal we will see.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Both !
    Although I haven't bought the Vampires pack, because I almost always wait for packs to be on sale, but they seem awesome. Just like toddlers !
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I would say both were wanted by many. But I am glad that the toddlers came first. It really wouldn't have been right to add anything else before them. It is a true life stage after all and they have been very much asked for since day one.

That being said, I also like the fact that the supernaturals are starting to return. I hope this continues forward.

Maxis has done a good job on both.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    the toddlers. The vampires are cool but I could do without them. I couldn't do without toddlers and refused to play Sims 4 for a long time until they were finally added.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,968 Member
    I didn’t play with toddlers so far… Actually I nearly never let my Sims have kids. I prefer to play with young adults. But honestly, the toddlers look really cute in Sims 4 and I like all the possibility you have with them and how they act etc, etc (I watch a lot of let’s plays, that’s how I know) ;).
    So I definitely preferred the Vampires. Having a lot of fun with them at the moment! I Want Lilith to have a baby soon, so then I will have the chance to play with (Vampire) toddlers for the first time :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    oh this is really hard! I'm so happy with both of them but I guess if I really have to choose I would have to go with toddlers because they just complete the family game play for me!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Loving the toddlers, they make the life-stages feel more complete and they are just so darned cute.

Surprisingly, I like the vampires too. I haven't really liked them in previous versions but they have been done much better this time around.

If I had to go without one of them, I would choose vampires to be ditched. I could not play without toddlers now that we have them back. It's kind of like saying 'would you prefer aliens or the YA life stage'. The life stage would always win for me.

I have always loved playing witches, but if they offered us witches or a pre-teen stage, I would have to choose the pre-teens.