Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like to play in

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    aaliyahx3aaliyahx3 Posts: 11 New Member
    totally miss a vampire hunter career & the singer career from sims 3 where I can follow my artist to work :)
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I was totally on the wrong track with this one I was going to say I love playing in my jammies, my head is in bed already but to answer the question I like playing in a medium size world, no cc but don't mind store content.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play in worlds of all sizes, depending on what I want to do in that particular game. I currently have one game in Riverview and am just starting another in Anne Arbor (a world from My Sim Realty )

I recently fell in love with Picaroon Island from Rflong, which is really small, but has everything I need. However, I wouldn´t play my legacy there, because there is not enough space to place bigger buildings like the career lots from Late Night. So it´s also the question, what I want to do in the world, I guess.
    @Waterdragon Picaroon Island is one of my favorites too. There is a surprising amount squeezed into a fairly small area.

dorcsyful wrote: »
    I'm currently playing in Starlight Shores now and while it's beautiful, it also feels crowded. Due to the terrain I can't really place empty lots and everything else is taken by must-have venues and other sims' homes. My favourite world is Sunlit Tides (see the scenery thread) but I'm keeping it as a vacation world as it is really hard to find anything in it. I only use EA worlds (I don't use CC at all), so I'm currently trying to find a one with more flat terrain.
    @dorcsyful Have you tried Lucky Palms? It is very large and is fairly flat. I'm assuming that you have Riverview.
    Post edited by wendyyi1 on
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Hi @Evalen, I love small worlds. Tiny even. They have a way of feeling much more active when the population isn't so spread out. I like my diverse collection of misfits and seeing them out and about on the regular pleases me. I also prefer to play with CC because of that diverse collection I spoke about. I like to define their individuality right down to the smallest detail. While there is a lot of great EA stuff, I find I burn through all of the EA made stuff quickly so I do like to bring in more stuff to work with.

Hi @Jessa_Dakkar I too love having my favorites sims in every town I play, I love then and it is nice seeing them running around. It is true that when you go to the park and such there are more sims around. I like that. My old sims seem like having special friends around. I had a world that was empty of sims and at first my sims were the only ones. I then put all my old favorite sims in the houses and when I started playing it really made me smile to see all my favorite sims going about the town.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I love playing in worlds of all sizes and mostly in custom worlds though I can also play a legacy in an emptied save of an EA world if that's the town I wanted to use for that legacy.I use over a hundred NRaas Mod files and hundreds of other Mods along with tons of CC objects and CAS CC for my sims.I've got legacies in Gibsons,Winfield,Oak Leaf,Glenvale County,Deery Meadows,Evermore Falls and Storybrook County which is a 100 baby challege story.I'm setting Notchcliff Isles lite up for a new game.

@TodOlson wow you use a lot of Mods and CC and I never hear you complain about any problems with your games, How nice.
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    @wendyyi1 I don't have Lucky Palms and I never really played in Riverview (forgot to register the base game for 7 years :D ). Once gen 2 heir, who's now an elder achieves her LTW, I'd like to move them. I wanted Aurora Skies but I haven't really checked how flat it is (or how many empty lots are there). Anyway, it's going to be a busy week so I don't think I'll have time to play until the weeekend. :'(
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2017
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    @wendyyi1 I don't have Lucky Palms and I never really played in Riverview (forgot to register the base game for 7 years :D ). Once gen 2 heir, who's now an elder achieves her LTW, I'd like to move them. I wanted Aurora Skies but I haven't really checked how flat it is (or how many empty lots are there). Anyway, it's going to be a busy week so I don't think I'll have time to play until the weeekend. :'(

@dorcsyful Aurora Skies is nice. I really like the houses, which are plain and practical; very Scandinavian. Although I know some people hate the houses for the same reason. :p
    Summer's Little Sim 3 Garden website lists the community lots, houses and empty lots in all the EA worlds.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Dragon Valley is my fave followed by Legacy Island III and then Vargfeld by Quailhogs. Wraith by Quailhogs is really cool to but I never downloaded the final version for some reason.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play Sunset Valley which is kinda correct but honestely I love large words because I have made a hundred of people and I need space for place them and for having everything for them. It's hard to place one hundred people a very tiny or a small town. I don't like Bridgeport like cities and Bridgeport because of the high buildings. I don't like that.
    I got cc.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    @wendyyi1 Thanks! I'll check it out. :)
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I play Sunset Valley which is kinda correct but honestely I love large words because I have made a hundred of people and I need space for place them and for having everything for them. It's hard to place one hundred people a very tiny or a small town. I don't like Bridgeport like cities and Bridgeport because of the high buildings. I don't like that.
    I got cc.

I have 150, maybe more in Sunset Valley, I keep adding to them, lol. It's going to burst one of these days. I did put some of the tall buildings from Roaring Heights and a couple from Bridgeport into SV, they look alright there.

• Options
    MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    Medium or large worlds (currently Rflong's Legacy Island III), and tons and tons of cc and mods :)
  • Options
    XorzhaanXorzhaan Posts: 92 Member
    I like medium to large worlds, not the extra large worlds. Even those I do not like worlds that are tightly packed together. I like worlds that have some space between things, for me that makes it easier to find stuff as well. I have all expansion but katy perry, so I like to have all the new venues they add as well as ones I have downloaded from the store. So, I often will delete some of the existing worlds lots I do not ever use like some of the empty mansions, a few parks, fishing spots, the equestrian center, and so on to add these lots.

As for CC, there is just so many useless items they added to the game that I have never and will never use, but so many basic items they really should have added. Most default sim houses do not have closets, so I add them and I like to add a pantry to the kitchen. One of these things needs to have cleaning supplys in it. So I download CC vacuum cleaner and a mop to put in them. The pantry needs food, so I download things like CC cereal boxes, caned goods, and a pack of paper towels. The coffee table needs a CC remote control sitting on it. You can live without little things like this but for me my eye twitches till I find and download them. They all make the sims more real and therefor more fun for me.
  • Options
    Kimbelle10Kimbelle10 Posts: 77 Member
    I haven't played in any custom worlds yet, but I do have a soft spot for Riverview. It can be slow (omg) but I do like it's charm, and I found that a lot of the Sims I've played with in that town were very well-rounded and skilled.
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    My computer prefers small worlds all the way :smile: I like to play the medium or large ones though. I always end up with additional lots and houses for more Sims to live in, so over the time the population of the world reaches 200 residents and I have learned that I can't exceed that number.
    I have only EA worlds and I like the Appaloosa Plains most. But then again there are few worlds that I bought but I haven't played them yet and I'm quite curious about them - those are Sunlit Tides and Midnight Hollow.
  • Options
    Animal70Animal70 Posts: 45 Member
    I've only ever played Sunset Valley, since as a vanilla Simmer (only just recently got the Night Life Sims 3 starter pack due to the fact that our original Sims 3 disc decided to take a walk and vanish into the Bermuda Triangle spot that seems to inhabit our RL residence) you only have the option of Sunset Valley but eventually, I'll be getting a few more TS3 expansion packs to round out items and abilities and that will open up several other worlds. I've thought about getting CAW (finding it somewhere to download) to create my own world. If it wouldn't crash my computer, I'd like to try to find a large world to play in but I think I may need an i7-6700K to run it.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I prefer large worlds with small towns lol I like to have enough room for my sims to explore and to eventually expand the town, but I love the close-knit community feeling where everyone knows their neighbor. I like watching sims pass by and think "there goes the baker; there goes the mayor, etc."

• Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Large world no custom CC. I play on a (self)modified Storybrook County. (some of the 'replica' buildings taken out like extra hosp extra police extra fire extra school etc taking up space) and replaced with houses so I can fit more sims in ;D

I love it because even without mods my bars and community lots are always crowded full of sims on large worlds with lots of houses and some of the more useless lots taken out.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    Animal70 wrote: »
    I've only ever played Sunset Valley, since as a vanilla Simmer (only just recently got the Night Life Sims 3 starter pack due to the fact that our original Sims 3 disc decided to take a walk and vanish into the Bermuda Triangle spot that seems to inhabit our RL residence) you only have the option of Sunset Valley but eventually, I'll be getting a few more TS3 expansion packs to round out items and abilities and that will open up several other worlds. I've thought about getting CAW (finding it somewhere to download) to create my own world. If it wouldn't crash my computer, I'd like to try to find a large world to play in but I think I may need an i7-6700K to run it.

If you have registered your base game you will be able to download Riverview from the store as it is the registration reward for registering the base game.
  • Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    For me it depends on what 'story' I am planning on playing - I love playing tiny/small islands and having one Sim who 'finds' the Island and build it from the ground up, becoming the leader and founder of the world. But then I love worlds that have everything in it, for the options. And I love the EA worlds, atleast the one's that come with the EPs, the only store world I have is Lunar Lakes so I can't judge them. My favourite is Island Paradise, even though the lag there is ugh :disappointed: and Sunset Valley.

I'd say I normally choose medium or smaller worlds just because my computer handles them alot better. But i struggle to find one's with everything and no CC, that's why I've just built my first custom world, it's medium sized, has every rabbithole, bars, beaches, farmland, apartments and a supernatural area - pretty much every type of game that I play and couldn't find a world that offered me the same options :smile: I don't think I'll be sharing it with the community though cause I doubt anyone would actually download it, but hey I like it and hopefully it will be my most played world now (after how long I've spent on it, haha).

I would play larger worlds if I had a better computer though, I never have a problem with navigating, I just always go to the birds eye view of the town :smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I do prefer large worlds purely so you can place all the lots from ep's and store, but for me it's more to do with the atmosphere and the layout of the world. So although Twinbrook is fairly small, it's atmosphere keeps it as a fav. Likewise Lucky Palms, it's a big world but I play it for the lighting and desert atmosphere.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I have all the store worlds but I mostly play in my own world, which is huge, but as I've created it, I know where things are! I've imported my fav' sims from different EA worlds, renamed them and made them over some, just so it doesn't get confusing when I travel around...

Otherwise I'm a huge fan of Nilxis' worlds, small big, medium, whatever! As long as it's well made I'm happy! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I like all world sizes, as long as it fits everything I need in it. I usually play in custom worlds though because they normally have all EP lots in them and they're custom built to fit into the world. Most of the EA lots look terrible and out of place in other worlds and I don't have the patience (or much building creativity) to build my own lots from scratch lol
  • Options
    MGDMGD Posts: 14 New Member
    I like Appaloosa Plains