Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire's choice of jobs?

Comments

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Secret Agent, obviously.
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited January 2017
    Luke wrote: »
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Basically vampires can do any job since any building keeps them safe from the sun. I wouldn't recommend the detective career though cause they have to go outside for that.

It plum they didn't add in parasols for the vampires so they could try and walk around in the sunlight. That might be my only complaint for the pack.

They might have daylight rings/pendants hopefully. That would be cool.

one of the powers is resistance to the sun.. with the maximum rank making them immune to the sun.

also thats what human slaves are for... ill have human slaves for my seductive vampire focusing on the allure/command type powers and controlling humans... it also means you always have blood available ;D
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2017
    Vampires can have day jobs. They'e safe at work. So as long as they can make it there they'll be fine.
    Now, can the Vampire make it to the end of the block after they leave their house to go to work?

*fingers crossed*
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Vampires can have day jobs. They'e safe at work so as long as they can make it there they'll be fine.
    Now, can the Vampire make it to the end of the block after they leave their house to go to work?

*fingers crossed*

No crosses!! *hiss*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Vampires can have day jobs. They'e safe at work so as long as they can make it there they'll be fine.

*fingers crossed*

So... could I build a roof to cover the entire way from the door to where they disappear off to work and still have them survive? If that's a thing, then the cooking career could be possible.

And I do hope that GTW careers are usable for vampires then. I mean, who wouldn't want a vampire nurse working at the hospital?
  • Options
    LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    I always think it's interesting to play doctor vampires. All that plasma just lying around...
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    edited January 2017
    Lisey wrote: »
    I always think it's interesting to play doctor vampires. All that plasma just lying around...

I love it!

I actually can't wait to see some Scientist vs. Vampire battles!
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

That's like me being a baker and working in a bakery. I will lose it by the end of the work day XD
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Been thinking of a medium sized Gothic castle with an indoor garden (greenhouse like) where they work on the garden at night and let the plants flourish in sunlight while my vampires are doing other things.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I'm with the crowd who feels working is 'beneath' vampires. Sure some might be painters but they'll do it for passion rather than money. Others might own night clubs... but that would be more a hangout/hunting ground for he/she and their clan.

I also like the black widow idea, they can seduce a wealthy spouse and then get rid of them.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

I love it!

Yay, a reason to create a vampire hunting scientist! :D
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I'm with the crowd who feels working is 'beneath' vampires. Sure some might be painters but they'll do it for passion rather than money. Others might own night clubs... but that would be more a hangout/hunting ground for he/she and their clan.

I also like the black widow idea, they can seduce a wealthy spouse and then get rid of them.

You just gave me the perfect idea. What about owning a shop (as a vampire). Cloaked as a grocery store so many people go there. Then you have hidden stairs leading down into a dungeon or jail of a kind. You, the owner and vampire, can always go to the shop and ask people to follow them downstairs. Then lure them into a jail cell. And drink from them whenever you want. Without anyone noticing.
    Or do the opposite: Have a shop that doesn't sell anything, but hire one normal Sim as employee. Then drink from the employee whenever you need.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    None of my vampires will work for money. Any vampire that is older will have stolen enough wealth through the years to be more than comfortable. Any young vampire will be the fledgling of a master and will live with them until they are able to adjust to their new situation. My vampires will feed and prey on mortals and would never go back and do silly mortal things like work when there is the world to enjoy full of it's literature, music and art to study.

Same here! Jobs? For Vampires? No, no.

How bad would your life as a vampire suck if you still had to work to pay the bills?

Me too. Since when did Dracula work?

• Options
    OnlyRivvilOnlyRivvil Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm sort of cheating in a way. I'll be making my own sort of Vampire Hunter career. First by making quite a few Vampires, mixing them between ones with Dark forms and just one form, then sort of place them in odd places in all the words. I'll make a Vampire hunter who gets a certain amount of money every time he identifies a Vampire as threat or no. If it turns out the vampire is going to attack other sims, my sim fights and takes their powers away, once he does this successfully, he gets paid more. Sort of like a MIB idea. Of course I need to figure out how to price it all out. Hence where the cheat comes in till perhaps a mod is made or I'll keep going at what I'm doing.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

I love it!

I got three words for ya: Vampire. Ghost. Scientist. *mic drop*
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Well I do think a bit of working would do wonders to vampires. I mean, 70-80 year old people who keep on studying or working (although not as much before) are far healthier and lucid than those who don't. Can you imagine spending an eternity without a solid occupation? It would drive me mad lol

Dracula didn't work because he was a noble - even before he became a vampire, his money alrady came from the working of the lands his family owned. I guess the current equivalent of that would be a weighty shareholder hahaha - maybe acquiring some retail stores over time would make for a good income.
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Simple. A kleptomaniac vampire.

1. Steal all you want during the night.
    2. Drink the plasma from the victims.
    3. Sell items in the 'black market'.
    4. Pay bills.
    5. Repeat.

No need for a job ;) .
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Two of mine will start out in the forgotten grotto where they were sealed in for several centuries. So I suppose their first options will be foraging (plants, rock formations) and fishing. In theory they could live self-sufficient in there, but what's a vampire without a(n) (un)healthy craving for power?!
    The third will try his hand at burglary with the klepto trait while he learns about modern society. He's aided empires in rising and faciliated their fall before, but he needs to get a feel for the new playground at first.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Vampires can have day jobs. They'e safe at work. So as long as they can make it there they'll be fine.

*fingers crossed*

I will make sure to give My Vamps a Night Job, cause I do not trust the day time , especially after what you guys and gals did to Vlad in the Live Stream, Poor Vlad, :)
  • Options
    PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Vampire detective so I can intimidate the heck out of the criminal sims during interrogation. Feed off the prisoners, even. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I'm kind of worried about myself. I'm usually very nice to my sims. :#
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    My types of vampires are the mundane kind who act pretty similar to humans and who have to work the grind and work for the money like everybody else in the world.

It's like the principle for many of them, and they like to keep up-to-date and sharp, learn new things, and also want to keep supporting all of their turned ones, all of their human loved ones, and many future generations. :smile:

They just try adapting their methods however they can and feed wherever and whenever they can.

Some are painters, some work day jobs (but try to avoid sun the best they can), others work as doctors/nurses (so much plasma to feed on!), others retail business owners or (Vampire) restaurant owners, etc. Some are stay at home parents, too.

My vamps are domestic workaholics, lol. *Puts on "She Works Hard For the Money" song*
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    To bad we don't have wolves I see a Twilight I'd play lol.Well I could make The Cullens and The Volturi lol
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    My main vampire will be an Art Critic...leaving the work at home tasks for the night until I get sunwalking.
    Her dad is a painter, her mom is a gardener. Her vampire brother is a klepto so he'll go rob people's houses for money. And her vampire sister is a musician so she'll write songs for money.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

*fingers crossed*

See, this is what I'm worried about.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    None of my vampires will work for money. Any vampire that is older will have stolen enough wealth through the years to be more than comfortable. Any young vampire will be the fledgling of a master and will live with them until they are able to adjust to their new situation. My vampires will feed and prey on mortals and would never go back and do silly mortal things like work when there is the world to enjoy full of it's literature, music and art to study.

Same here! Jobs? For Vampires? No, no.

How bad would your life as a vampire suck if you still had to work to pay the bills?

Me too. Since when did Dracula work?

I hear he did some stand up comedy, car valeting and freelance wedding photography for a while.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »

*fingers crossed*

See, this is what I'm worried about.

Especially if you have that annoying new bug where lots of your sims take forever (and even getting stuck!) walking to and from school/work, and then getting late to work/school, too. :disappointed:

I hope there will be a patch fix for that, or else I will be having lots of crispy vamps, lol. :lol:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)