Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser is here! BOWLING and VAMPIRES!

Comments

• Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I'm excited for the vampires but I really hope they'll make them and the new objects actually goth looking and not quirky and cute like the halloween stuff we got. Bowling doesn't sound too exciting though, it feels like an activity that should've been included in get together or sth.

Now I'm wondering about the other supernaturals, guess they can't all have their own game pack so does that mean they won't ever be included in sims 4?
  • Options
    DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    can't they start working with TS5 soon? Or maybe I shouldn't hope for that...
    as you can see, I'm not a fan of TS4 although I'm still hoping(although fading) that the game wil get better at some point.
    I still think they should focus more on EP's so that the gameplay could get better or something.
    I'm actually kinda wondering when the next one will be since they clearly aren't important anymore.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    I'm excited for the vampires but I really hope they'll make them and the new objects actually goth looking and not quirky and cute like the halloween stuff we got. Bowling doesn't sound too exciting though, it feels like an activity that should've been included in get together or sth.

Now I'm wondering about the other supernaturals, guess they can't all have their own game pack so does that mean they won't ever be included in sims 4?

Just because every occult won't be in a GP doesn't mean we won't get them. IMO, witches would need a GP because they are as complex as vampires. Other occults, however, are not. So all the rest could come in one EP. A GP for a plantsim or mermaid would leave a lot of unused GP.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Is it weird that I'm mostly excited about the hairs featured in the trailer? Baha I'm so superficial. Seriously though, the trailer got me intrigued. Looking forward to see what they bring us this time.

Also, I really think more family gameplay will come at some point, unless the developers are completely unaware of what the community wants (and I'm pretty sure they're not).
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    Devinale wrote: »
    can't they start working with TS5 soon? Or maybe I shouldn't hope for that...
    as you can see, I'm not a fan of TS4 although I'm still hoping(although fading) that the game wil get better at some point.
    I still think they should focus more on EP's so that the gameplay could get better or something.
    I'm actually kinda wondering when the next one will be since they clearly aren't important anymore.

I love TS4 but I also want them to just start with TS5 cuz the content for TS4 things are coming out so slowly compared to previous games, and I cannot stand the game engine for TS4. It's broken and I feel like it's limiting the devs to do more in-depth stuff.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I thought we were getting a Laundry SP but I'm happy to get Bowling!

Graham only said that a Laundry SP might be a possibility if it got enough demand, so maybe next quarter :smiley:
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Just because every occult won't be in a GP doesn't mean we won't get them. IMO, witches would need a GP because they are as complex as vampires. Other occults, however, are not. So all the rest could come in one EP. A GP for a plantsim or mermaid would leave a lot of unused GP.

That would be cool but would they spend that much time on supernaturals? It's more reasonable to have a fully fleshed out EP with all of them included. There's still a lot of things people want like seasons, pets etc and they should move on to those.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm really hoping they take builders into consideration and add some new build tools, and more doors, arcs, windows, floors, etc
    They always seem to forget builders.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Love_AlisonLove_Alison Posts: 3 New Member

I've never been a big fan of the supernatural stuff but I'm glad most are happy about it. Of course, I'll probably still buy it. :p
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I think that we will probably get 50's clothes and objects with the stuff pack based on the persons in the background, but i don't think that we will get a new venue type. They already said that venues are to much for a stuff pack

I'm pretty sure they mean that they won't be building new venues for stuff packs (which to be fair makes sense). However it certainly wouldn't be a big ask to have a new venue type added.

Romantic Garden had a venue (albeit one I wasn't particularly fond of) but if they don't there are usually a handful which are built on the Maxis Creator_01 profile which usually posts Sims/Rooms/Lots featured in the trailers.

I don't really like being forced into certain requirements to build a venue. I'd prefer being able to place the objects on any lot type and have unplayed Sims actually use them autonomously. So I could have a bar with bowling in the basement, or a kids/teens hangout with an arcade along with bowling and maybe a small dance floor/DJ booth. If, say, we had the bowling venue and a bar was a requirement, that would detract from my child/teen hangout idea. Or maybe I'd want to add a small bowling center to one of the parks; I have a basement area under the community center at the park in Oasis Springs, and a bowling alley might make a nice addition.

You've summed up why I don't think there would be much point in having "Bowling Alley" as a lot type. If it's just a bowling alley with 50's themed gear then you could create a 50's diner with a bowling alley ('Burger and Bowling' anyone?) Or have a bar with a bowling alley for new varieties to dates.

"Teen Hangout" or "Arcade" would be a brilliant new lot type. There's very little currently in game for teens/kids to hangout! Maybe this SP could come with a couple of arcade machines ie claw and pinball machine.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    The whole sims 4 is stealing items and selling it for more profit would be true IF City Living was a direct clone of NL & LN but it isn't. CL came with a whole bunch of different stuff they simply didn't recreate it from the other games and then disect the items to sell in packs. LN took stuff from NL and sold it separately but no one has issues with that? It seems more and more to me that the biggest issue people have with 4 is that it isnt a direct clone of 2 & 3.

I do agree with you completely. It's still kind of fun the lists people make :p
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    JasonSim16 wrote: »
    What do you think the bit in the trailer between the vampires and the bowling is?
    Sin_t_tulo.pngsubirimagenes

I think it's showing how boring life is staying at home watching tv and eating cereal, and how fun it is instead to go out bowling with some friends. Start a bowling league club.

They can do all this but can't do Toddlers?

Neither the Marketing staff nor the Stuff Pack group would be in charge of making an entire new life stage. Nothing they do would stop Maxis from making Toddlers, whether that's via an EP budget or the group who do free content. And putting all other packs and marketing on hold would cut off the cashflow that Toddlers would need for development. Doesn't mean we'll for sure get them, but this teaser isn't stopping them, either.
    chickenow wrote: »
    You've summed up why I don't think there would be much point in having "Bowling Alley" as a lot type. If it's just a bowling alley with 50's themed gear then you could create a 50's diner with a bowling alley ('Burger and Bowling' anyone?) Or have a bar with a bowling alley for new varieties to dates.

"Teen Hangout" or "Arcade" would be a brilliant new lot type. There's very little currently in game for teens/kids to hangout! Maybe this SP could come with a couple of arcade machines ie claw and pinball machine.

For me, the advantage of a Bowling Alley venue is that it would attract the Sims I'm not controlling to bowl. I agree that I'd like an Arcade venue type but maybe "as well" not instead of.

Mostly, though, I love the idea from @Aine the other day of a build-a-venue-type system.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

That would be cool but would they spend that much time on supernaturals? It's more reasonable to have a fully fleshed out EP with all of them included. There's still a lot of things people want like seasons, pets etc and they should move on to those.

IMO, it would be better to have a witch (or magic) GP and one EP with everything else than to stretch them out to more GPs. My way, occults are done in two packs and other stuff can be created sooner.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

Graham only said that a Laundry SP might be a possibility if it got enough demand, so maybe next quarter :smiley:

Then does that mean bowling got enough demand? Haha. I haven't seen anything that suggested people wanted bowling before.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    So to get bowling I have to have 🐸🐸🐸🐸 vampires?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    catitude5 wrote: »
    So to get bowling I have to have plum vampires?

No. The seasonal teaser is showing two separate packs: a vampire pack releasing in the winter, and a bowling pack releasing in the spring (which would mean late March because the teaser covers this quarter). And you get the added bonus of the bowling being a $10 pack not a $20 one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If anything, we can make a fake bowling alley (make it a park and bury the park items underground…) :p

But that'd be lame
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    If anything, we can make a fake bowling alley (make it a park and bury the park items underground…) :p

But that'd be lame

If the bowling alley turns out to be decor I'm going to scream!
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Then does that mean bowling got enough demand? Haha. I haven't seen anything that suggested people wanted bowling before.

This is too funny. I hear many many many people wanting to do their laundry (Ex Nay On The Downy Ehhh) but I never heard one Simmer want bowling. (Don't get me wrong I am excited for the new stuff pack) however again when the community makes a popular request we get something EA just pulled out of their glass and said here "the community wants laundry so that means we going bowling"....I can't wait for future meetings. I can see it now....EA has just become aware that the community wants pets so when the meeting comes to discuss the new expansion the announcement is "The community has made us quite aware they want dogs to pee on their sofa until they throw their laptops out of there window. So I'm pleased to announce after years of waiting The Sims 4: Country Western, Now Simmers will be able to dosey doe in a new country neighborhood with new square dancing (Sims drawing squares to be funny with construction paper), visit new saloons, new dance floors to fit country theme, a new NPC named Jasper in blue overalls who serves as a tour guide who doesn't know where he's going cause of too much teen rated moonshine. Available in June 2019 as the fourth expansion for The Sims 4 for only 39.99!
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2017
    WOOW, you guys DID know there'd be vampires! I thought it'd just be another rumor lol
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
  • Options

This is too funny. I hear many many many people wanting to do their laundry (Ex Nay On The Downy Ehhh) but I never heard one Simmer want bowling. (Don't get me wrong I am excited for the new stuff pack) however again when the community makes a popular request we get something EA just pulled out of their glass and said here "the community wants laundry so that means we going bowling"....

Simmers who want bowling: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/search?adv=1&search=bowling&title=&author=&cat=1163&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date= Lots of people also said they didn't like that City Living didn't include bowling.

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited January 2017
    rinre33 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Didn't know I wanted bowling until now!

See, this is what I'm worried about: the immense power of advertising. I've already experienced the same thing with the sims, but for the sake of not waving goodbye to all my money and keeping the game running smoothly on my mid-end laptop, I've luckily learnt to be selective these days as to which add-ons I, well, add.

I'm not sure what you mean? Content comes out and I ether like it or not. Didn't care for butlers but I'm looking forward to bowling. Doesn't really mean I'm susceptible to advertising as such?

Fair enough - I myself don't care for butlers or bowling. What worries me is when I see something new that I'd never thought of and suddenly I decide that I don't just want it, I need it. The power of advertising is strong. Very strong. If you're able to take a step back and go "do I really want or need this?" then more power to you. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I think we might get this:
    fxywc8.jpg

I'd like that too but that's Magic not Vampires.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm really hoping they take builders into consideration and add some new build tools, and more doors, arcs, windows, floors, etc
    They always seem to forget builders.

The GP will very likely bring new castle like stuff, at least I'm betting on it.

What I wish is they add more build mode features and stuff. Build Mode has been stuck since they added half walls. The copy tool is fine but it only lets us work with what we already have. Need L shaped stairs, etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member

This is too funny. I hear many many many people wanting to do their laundry (Ex Nay On The Downy Ehhh) but I never heard one Simmer want bowling. (Don't get me wrong I am excited for the new stuff pack) however again when the community makes a popular request we get something EA just pulled out of their glass and said here "the community wants laundry so that means we going bowling"....

Simmers who want bowling: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/search?adv=1&search=bowling&title=&author=&cat=1163&tags=&discussion_d=1&discussion_poll=1&comment_c=1&within=1+day&date= Lots of people also said they didn't like that City Living didn't include bowling.

@Simfan923 this :lol: