Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ode to The Sims 2

sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
I've been playing The Sims since 2000, I bought almost every EP for every Sims game ever. I have about 1,000 hours clocked in on Sims 4 right now. I am a huge fan.

The Sims 2 came out when I was a senior in high school and ended when I was a junior in college so to say the least I didn't have a whole lot of time to dedicate to it despite buying the game and most of the expansions for it. I did play University a LOT and I think it really helped me in college because I could relate my college experience to The Sims.

Well now I'm 30 and finally my life has settled down a bit and I have a lot more time to dedicate to it and I've always heard that Sims 2 was the best version of all Sims games. Really I had always thought Sims 3 was the best. The open world was amazing but the glitches were so frustrating. I did have a legacy family that I got very attached to but I've done that as well with Sims 4.

When I married my husband I ultimately inherited his Sims games. He had everything, some discs wouldn't install and it basically lead me to getting Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from EA and I've recently started playing it and you know what? People are right The Sims 2 is amazing. There's some frustrating aspects like the camera view, the struggle to get the sims to relax on a bed long enough to Woo Hoo and some other minor things but over all the interactions between Sims is amazing. There's so many little things that really make the game so sweet and wonderful. If the Sims creators are lost on how to add "family play" to Sims 4 they really need to look no further than the Sims 2.

I love all the Sims games each one has given me over half a lifetime of fun and entertainment but I am really glad I took the time to go back the the version that I didn't get to play as much and enjoy it all over again. No lie, my ultimate goal after graduating college was to have more time for games and luckily I've been able to do just that.
531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

Comments

• Options
    Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    I've always loved the Sims 2. When did you get the Ultimate collection?
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    When I married my husband I ultimately inherited his Sims games. He had everything, some discs wouldn't install and it basically lead me to getting Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from EA and I've recently started playing it and you know what? People are right The Sims 2 is amazing. There's some frustrating aspects like the camera view, the struggle to get the sims to relax on a bed long enough to Woo Hoo and some other minor things but over all the interactions between Sims is amazing.
    Hello @sweetiebabe05
    I play all the Sims series too and can appreciate the different control settings for the camera. :)
    In The Sims2, when you visit Community Lots it can be a 'top down' view unless you had previously visited, updated the lot and saved.
    Holding the Control, Shift and the right button on your mouse will resolve this. There is also an option to play with The Sims camera controls, if your prefer.

I can't say I have had a problem with Sims not relaxing on a bed; have the Sims in question relax on the bed at the same time, wait until they start to chat then select options to cuddles, kiss etc. The woohoo option is only available if the long term relationship is 70 plus. Occasionally one of the two Sims could be lower, so if both Sims are playable, use the one who does have the option.

If you need any advice with the Sims2 game, members on this discussion will be happy to help. :)
  • Options
    Joel2810 wrote: »
    I've always loved the Sims 2. When did you get the Ultimate collection?

I got it a few weeks ago. I just messaged EA and told them some of the disks weren't working for installing and they made me send a picture of one of the disks with the reference number and name on my EA account.

It took me 3 people and two days but finally someone sent it to me.

• Options
    When I married my husband I ultimately inherited his Sims games. He had everything, some discs wouldn't install and it basically lead me to getting Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from EA and I've recently started playing it and you know what? People are right The Sims 2 is amazing. There's some frustrating aspects like the camera view, the struggle to get the sims to relax on a bed long enough to Woo Hoo and some other minor things but over all the interactions between Sims is amazing.
    Hello @sweetiebabe05
    I play all the Sims series too and can appreciate the different control settings for the camera. :)
    In The Sims2, when you visit Community Lots it can be a 'top down' view unless you had previously visited, updated the lot and saved.
    Holding the Control, Shift and the right button on your mouse will resolve this. There is also an option to play with The Sims camera controls, if your prefer.

I can't say I have had a problem with Sims not relaxing on a bed; have the Sims in question relax on the bed at the same time, wait until they start to chat then select options to cuddles, kiss etc. The woohoo option is only available if the long term relationship is 70 plus. Occasionally one of the two Sims could be lower, so if both Sims are playable, use the one who does have the option.

If you need any advice with the Sims2 game, members on this discussion will be happy to help. :)

I'll send them both to relax but half the time they get up before the other one gets there. Its no biggie and I remember that frustration that I had long ago when I played it all the time.

Ultimately the little things that bother me are so small I don't even care. I've really been enjoying it and plan on making a legacy family on it. The genetics are amazing.

One question though..I've looked in settings and options but I can't find anything to extend their lifespan. 90 days just isn't enough.

• Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Unfortunately, there aren't any age span settings in Sims 2. You can turn aging off with cheats. Or, you can download longer aging mods. Mod the sims has a lot of different lengths that you can try.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Or you can use the Elixer of Life to de-age them temporarily. One bottle lasts for five doses but you can only use it when the Sim is in gold or platinum level.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @sweetiebabe05
    The more you fulfil their wants and try not to realise their fears, will determine how long they will live. As you are playing with the full game, every seven days a Sim is notified how their life is going on - from so, so to amazing! Also at birthdays try to have your Sim grow up well by having Platinum or Gold Status when they blow out the candles. :)

Fulfilling a Lifetime Want and/or Achieving Platinum Status Aspiration or wishing for Peace of Mind from the old lamp does not necessarily lead to a longer Sim life so do continue to give your Sim goals and they should live longer even if they have permanent platinum status.

My longest living Sims2 Sim (created as a Student Sim) turned 84 years when they died. Townie Komei Tellerman pleaded with the Grim Reaper and won the game of Rock Paper Scissors (I had never witnessed Save from Death!) however the Grim Reaper returned when he turned 83 years. :(

• Options
    basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    I think TS2 is still the best. I really wish they would bring pets, seasons, and cars to TS4.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!