Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living- Only 6 hairstyles????

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited October 2016
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    People get upset about everything these days. Im in no means saying you shouldn't be if CAS is your thing and what you enjoy the most, but it doesn't make the pack worse like @Wulfsimmer said (I know this isn't what you was saying OP).

Yes it does make it worse....small things continue adding up until it is big. 25%baked apartments + small amount of CAS items and I am supposed to like this pack? Please, whenever you type, think throughly.

Hello, I am not going to say anything other than comparing it to other packs. I am actually booting up sims 3 right now and I have all the expansion packs so I'm going to do a little comparison here. Just a side note: I will not be counting hairs with hats as with sims 4 Hats can be placed on any hair style, so hats won't be counted.

We have no idea how many hairs are coming with City Living because the male hairs weren't shown, but we know we're getting 6 female hair styles, and in sims 4 almost ALL cas content is unisex now so that's 6 hair styles for males too. I will now be getting sims 3's content:

World Adventures:
    Female 2 Male 0 Total 2

Ambitions
    :
    Female 5 Male 6 Total 11

Late Night:
    Female 5 Male 6 Total 11

Generations:
    female 3 male 3 Total 6

Pets:
    Female 1 Male 3 Total 4

Showtime:

Female 5 Male 4 Total 9

Supernatural:
    female 5 Male 5 Total 10

Seasons:
    Female 2 Male 0 Total 2

University Life:
    Female 1 Male 4 Total 5

Island Paradise:
    female 4 Male 4 Total 8

Into the Future:
    Female 4 Male 4 Total 8

Now let's compare to sims 4, and remember all hair styles can be unisex now.

Get to Work

Female 16 Male 8 Total 24

Get Together
    Female 13 Male 5 Total 18

And city living has 6 female hair styles confirmed so far, it has the least amount of the expansion packs for sims 4, but compared to sims 3 it STILL blows it out of the water.

By the way, with just 2 expansion packs in sims 4 we are already more than halfway to the amount EVERY single expansion pack in sims 3 has added combined. And remember hairs in sims 4 are unisex.

I hope I'm not coming out as attacking, my intent was to just show data.

Wow, I didn't actually know this! Thanks for taking the time to compare the two :)

I' also like to add:

Outdoor Retreat
    • Female Teen+ 5 Hairstyles - 7 including Children
    • Male Teen+ 2 Hairstyles
    • Total: 7 (9 including Children)

Spa Day
    • Female Teen+ 5 Hairstyles
    • Male Teen+ 3 Hairstyles
    • Total: 8

Dine Out
    • Female Teen+ 3 Hairstyles - 4 including Children
    • Male Teen+ 1 Hairstyle - 2 including Children
    • Total: 4 (6 including Children)

Even Game Packs generally have more hairstyles and some Stuff Packs do to xD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    People get upset about everything these days. Im in no means saying you shouldn't be if CAS is your thing and what you enjoy the most, but it doesn't make the pack worse like @Wulfsimmer said (I know this isn't what you was saying OP).

Yes it does make it worse....small things continue adding up until it is big. 25%baked apartments + small amount of CAS items and I am supposed to like this pack? Please, whenever you type, think throughly.

I have to agree about Apartments being more than 25% baked, yes, you can't fully edit them or build them in any other area anymore but at least they now add a new experience, the lot traits give them depth and there seems to be more to do and more to living in Apartments that make them special and unique from every other lot. Also, yes we have to go through a loading screen to visit neighbors but hey, at least we don't have to endure a loading screen just to travel the outdoors of each District - something you couldn't do in The Sims 2 where Apartments were at their 'finest' debatably.

Also, I don't recall knowing how many Create-A-Sim items we have, perhaps you should follow your own advice ;)

"Also, I don't recall knowing how many Create-A-Sim items we have" ?? What are you trying to tell me here? CAS items for what pack?

You stated the pack has only a 'small amount of CAS items' - which we don't know.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I dont want to use cc hair and frankly i shouldn't have too. rehashing base-game hair is unacceptable.

For you. I'm actually glad they do it when they add new decos to the hair (i.e., the headbands, etc.). It's one weird quirk for me in playing this game that when I pick a "main" hairstyle for my sims, I like their alternate hairs to match in some way. For instance, if I pick a long haircut for my female sim, I won't give her a short cut for her workout outfit--it has to be similar in length but styled differently. I know it's silly considering how many things are not realistic in this game but it's my quirk, I guess. So I like it when they add base game styles with decorative changes in some way since it means I have more options to choose from for those styles.

I personally don't find anything wrong with 're-hashing' previous hairstyles but adding some difference to them, I have this same quirk and considering how much hairstyles we get from packs, they could run out and might have to resort to variants of the same hairstyle - which I wouldn't be opposed to :3
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm in the same boat as @Prink34320 & @ebuchala on rehashing past hairstyles and adding decor to them isn't a bad thing as I to like each hairstyle I pick for my sims to match. Also I don't see much of a problem with them only adding 6 hairstyles this time as they gave us a variety of headwraps that I think really add a lot more options for different types of sims than hair would.

@Wulfsimmer To your statement of "small amount of CAS items" we don't really know just how much there is but if the amount if outfits we've seen so far is any indicator we may have a lot of tops & bottoms.

As for children, TS4 has been very good at adding CAS for them so I see no reason to believe that CL will cheat them in CAS.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    I dont want to use cc hair and frankly i shouldn't have too. rehashing base-game hair is unacceptable.

For you. I'm actually glad they do it when they add new decos to the hair (i.e., the headbands, etc.). It's one weird quirk for me in playing this game that when I pick a "main" hairstyle for my sims, I like their alternate hairs to match in some way. For instance, if I pick a long haircut for my female sim, I won't give her a short cut for her workout outfit--it has to be similar in length but styled differently. I know it's silly considering how many things are not realistic in this game but it's my quirk, I guess. So I like it when they add base game styles with decorative changes in some way since it means I have more options to choose from for those styles.

I play the same way. If my SIM has long hair all the options need to have long hair. They only exception would be if the hair has been put up in a bun.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »

I play the same way. If my SIM has long hair all the options need to have long hair. They only exception would be if the hair has been put up in a bun.

And here I thought I was just a bit overboard about that requirement of mine but I guess quite a few people do the same thing. :D I definitely allow buns and ponytails unless the ponytail looks super short compared to the hair or something. Every once in awhile, I might put a longish hairstyle on a Sim with short hair and just pretend like they're using extensions for that outfit. But usually I don't.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as @Prink34320 & @ebuchala on rehashing past hairstyles and adding decor to them isn't a bad thing as I to like each hairstyle I pick for my sims to match. Also I don't see much of a problem with them only adding 6 hairstyles this time as they gave us a variety of headwraps that I think really add a lot more options for different types of sims than hair would.

@Wulfsimmer To your statement of "small amount of CAS items" we don't really know just how much there is but if the amount if outfits we've seen so far is any indicator we may have a lot of tops & bottoms.

As for children, TS4 has been very good at adding CAS for them so I see no reason to believe that CL will cheat them in CAS.

To be honest, I kind of think they may have chosen to have gone with less CAS items in support of more game-play objects, if that is the case then I'm not disappointed at all xD
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited October 2016
    Brinn wrote: »

How it is apartments 25% baked? I think they are made quite good with lot traits, leaking pipes and noisy neighbours. You can't build your own apartment building - that's bad. But I'd rather say they are 75% baked :smile:

Nah, 25% baked. FACT.

1- Can't build apartments from scratch = -25%

2- Loading screens to visit neighbors = -25%

3- Can't even place the same pre-built apartments in other worlds = -25%

Oh and I remembered another one! Thanks for reminding me

4- Elevators have no animations = -5%

Tally = Apartments are only 20% baked.....must be a delicious meal ;)

What about - Lot Traits and the ability to roam around the District without the requirement of a loading screen? Literally the latter lets Sims do more if they live in Apartment in The Sims 4 than in The Sims 2. Plus loading screens are mere few seconds for people on good PCs. The NPCs, such as the Landlord, may also be better.

What does the district have to do with apartments? Also lot traits are counted in the 20%
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

Nah, 25% baked. FACT.

I personally don't even see a problem with loading screens between apartments. This game is not open world so there are loading screens everywhere. Accept it or don't play, that is how game engine work: loading screen for each household.

No custom apartments and no apartments outside Sun Mishuno are two sides of the same problem, and I consider it 25%. You know, this problem is actual for a small amount of community that enjoys building apartments. For many people it's not a problem at all. No apartments outside SM is not a big deal for me since in Sims 4 we can easily switch between neighbourhoods.

So: many people got 100% of what they desired from the apartments in TS4 (including new features that were never introduced in previous games). But lack of custom apartments still upsets, so "75% baked" would be fair :smile:

...*sigh*

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Nah, 25% baked. FACT.

I personally don't even see a problem with loading screens between apartments. This game is not open world so there are loading screens everywhere. Accept it or don't play, that is how game engine work: loading screen for each household.

No custom apartments and no apartments outside Sun Mishuno are two sides of the same problem, and I consider it 25%. You know, this problem is actual for a small amount of community that enjoys building apartments. For many people it's not a problem at all. No apartments outside SM is not a big deal for me since in Sims 4 we can easily switch between neighbourhoods.

So: many people got 100% of what they desired from the apartments in TS4 (including new features that were never introduced in previous games). But lack of custom apartments still upsets, so "75% baked" would be fair :smile:

...*sigh*

Ditto.

All you have to do is browse through the gallery or third party Sim sites just to see how many people enjoy building. I see no apartment building as a blow to a very large part of the community.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    What I don't understand is the maxis match CC for hair is so superb! I don't understand why they don't put hair like that in any of their packs.

I've always understood how AWFUL long hair down the front of a sim has looked, due to adjustment of the chest, but I don't get why slightly longer hair down the back of the sim is a challenge?

It would be great if The Sims team could look at the maxis match CC hair and take some notes! If 12 year old kids in school can create these hairs, don't see why all singing and all dancing, college degree fancy pants can't do it? .. Too far?? Sorry.

That said, I like the hair options and the head wrap options that come with this pack. Yes, I always want more! But that's how it goes.

Instead of these endless amounts of Stuff packs, with silly themes - I would love to see a pack with just CAS stuff. Or a stuff pack with just BB stuff. Instead of thinking they have to give us stuff with a theme.

Anyway, I've begun to rant! Haha.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member

Same same same! Can't have long hair one day and a crop the next. Makes no sense to me!

The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Wulfsimmer I actually think that this EP is going to be a bestseller for the game. Most people are very excited for it. I, for one think this one is going to be AWESOMe
    (edited for spelling mistakes)
  • Options
    EmeraldEclipse1EmeraldEclipse1 Posts: 103 Member
    Eh, I don't really care. I hate the Sims 4 hairs, because they look plastic and greasy to me, and download CC hairs anyway.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

I thought it was just me who did this, still annoyed about the addon to the hair, they could've just included the headband as an accessory.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

Same same same! Can't have long hair one day and a crop the next. Makes no sense to me!

Deligracy likes to do that a lot and it really annoys me i'll be screaming during her has vids. Then again she recently started using mais match cc. I'm so proud! :'(:D
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Aaaand the pack gets worse and worse....*sigh* Why am I not that shocked. Not buying the pack till it is on sale aka probably soon cause it won't sell much

It's already topping pre-order charts around the globe. Not to mention, The Sims 4 was the best selling game twice in a row (something the other games haven't done) AND Get To Work also charted higher than every Sims 3 expansion first year except University.

If Get To Work can do that, and the base game has a large audience, City Living will probably crush both the base game, and Get To Work.
    I have a hunch it will probably debut higher than any pack previous. You may not realise, but the hype around this pack is REAL.

"Small amount of CAS items"
    Lmao. There have been Sims 4 stuff packs with more CAS stuff than Sims 2/3 Expansions. Seriously, lets not act like The Sims 4 skips on CAS.
    Also, Late Night had less hairstyles than City Living.

And if Apartments are 25% baked in City Living, than they were frozen in The Sims 3. Considering they were more limited than The Sims 4.
    Infact, Apartments in The Sims 3 were so bad, EA didn't show them in the Late Night announcement trailer OR launch trailer.

And yet I've seen you praise Late Night. So go figure.

It's also worth mentioning, City Living seems to have the most gameplay items since World Adventures (which I believe still holds the record for most gameplay items). And we don't even know all the objects yet.

I didn't really praise Late Night other than Bridgeport...?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Aaaand the pack gets worse and worse....*sigh* Why am I not that shocked. Not buying the pack till it is on sale aka probably soon cause it won't sell much

It's already topping pre-order charts around the globe. Not to mention, The Sims 4 was the best selling game twice in a row (something the other games haven't done) AND Get To Work also charted higher than every Sims 3 expansion first year except University.

If Get To Work can do that, and the base game has a large audience, City Living will probably crush both the base game, and Get To Work.
    I have a hunch it will probably debut higher than any pack previous. You may not realise, but the hype around this pack is REAL.

"Small amount of CAS items"
    Lmao. There have been Sims 4 stuff packs with more CAS stuff than Sims 2/3 Expansions. Seriously, lets not act like The Sims 4 skips on CAS.
    Also, Late Night had less hairstyles than City Living.

And if Apartments are 25% baked in City Living, than they were frozen in The Sims 3. Considering they were more limited than The Sims 4.
    Infact, Apartments in The Sims 3 were so bad, EA didn't show them in the Late Night announcement trailer OR launch trailer.

And yet I've seen you praise Late Night. So go figure.

It's also worth mentioning, City Living seems to have the most gameplay items since World Adventures (which I believe still holds the record for most gameplay items). And we don't even know all the objects yet.

Source?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Hello, I am not going to say anything other than comparing it to other packs. I am actually booting up sims 3 right now and I have all the expansion packs so I'm going to do a little comparison here. Just a side note: I will not be counting hairs with hats as with sims 4 Hats can be placed on any hair style, so hats won't be counted.

We have no idea how many hairs are coming with City Living because the male hairs weren't shown, but we know we're getting 6 female hair styles, and in sims 4 almost ALL cas content is unisex now so that's 6 hair styles for males too. I will now be getting sims 3's content:

World Adventures:
    Female 2 Male 0 Total 2

Ambitions
    :
    Female 5 Male 6 Total 11

Late Night:
    Female 5 Male 6 Total 11

Generations:
    female 3 male 3 Total 6

Pets:
    Female 1 Male 3 Total 4

Showtime:

Female 5 Male 4 Total 9

Supernatural:
    female 5 Male 5 Total 10

Seasons:
    Female 2 Male 0 Total 2

University Life:
    Female 1 Male 4 Total 5

Island Paradise:
    female 4 Male 4 Total 8

Into the Future:
    Female 4 Male 4 Total 8

Now let's compare to sims 4, and remember all hair styles can be unisex now.

Get to Work

Female 16 Male 8 Total 24

Get Together
    Female 13 Male 5 Total 18

And city living has 6 female hair styles confirmed so far, it has the least amount of the expansion packs for sims 4, but compared to sims 3 it STILL blows it out of the water.

By the way, with just 2 expansion packs in sims 4 we are already more than halfway to the amount EVERY single expansion pack in sims 3 has added combined. And remember hairs in sims 4 are unisex.

I hope I'm not coming out as attacking, my intent was to just show data.

Wow, I didn't actually know this! Thanks for taking the time to compare the two :)

I' also like to add:

Outdoor Retreat
    • Female Teen+ 5 Hairstyles - 7 including Children
    • Male Teen+ 2 Hairstyles
    • Total: 7 (9 including Children)

Spa Day
    • Female Teen+ 5 Hairstyles
    • Male Teen+ 3 Hairstyles
    • Total: 8

Dine Out
    • Female Teen+ 3 Hairstyles - 4 including Children
    • Male Teen+ 1 Hairstyle - 2 including Children
    • Total: 4 (6 including Children)

Even Game Packs generally have more hairstyles and some Stuff Packs do to xD

Wow thanks for taking the time for that!

I just realized I completely forgot to count children hair for sims 4! But it's fine since I didn't count them for Sims 3 either.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just wondering but why are they cutting down on hair cuts? (No pun intended)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

How it is apartments 25% baked? I think they are made quite good with lot traits, leaking pipes and noisy neighbours. You can't build your own apartment building - that's bad. But I'd rather say they are 75% baked :smile:

Nah, 25% baked. FACT.

What about - Lot Traits and the ability to roam around the District without the requirement of a loading screen? Literally the latter lets Sims do more if they live in Apartment in The Sims 4 than in The Sims 2. Plus loading screens are mere few seconds for people on good PCs. The NPCs, such as the Landlord, may also be better.

What does the district have to do with apartments? Also lot traits are counted in the 20%

You don't have to separately load the District and it's vibrant activities - you load your Apartment room and the District, as in you don't load up the District separately from the Apartment room.
  • Options
    sassy_simmer727sassy_simmer727 Posts: 87 Member
    There might only be a few hairstyles but most are completely different from the ones we had in the base game. I like the new kinds of curly hair and the added hair accessories in female hair.
    Happy simming to all and to all a good night.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Just wondering but why are they cutting down on hair cuts? (No pun intended)

We dont know if they have. We saw 6 FEMALE hair styles in the trailer. We havent seen male or children.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png