Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 3 Game Won't Finish Loading and Other Problems --- Help!!!

LondonRainbowsLondonRainbows Posts: 4 New Member
It works fine in the launcher and the first loading screen that shows up before the main screen (where you choose to play with a perviously saved household or start a new game). The second loading screen, the one that shows up before you can play the game, is the one that is giving me problems. It loads until about the end of the loading bar, where it stops and doesn't finish. The music continues to play and the tips continue to show up so it's not frozen, it just doesn't finish. It continues to do this for hours, and it does this every time I try to play with a saved household or start a new game. I do have a lot of custom content and mods and I have tried to uninstall custom content in the launcher but it doesn't uninstall (this is another problem I have that needs to be resolved). My game is up-to-date when it comes to updates, so I don't think that's the problem. I tried to delete all the files in my DCBackup folder except ccmerged.package, but I see no difference. I also deleted the following from my Sims 3 folder under the advice of another person: CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package. All of these files are still in my computer's recycling bin, so they aren't permanently lost from my computer. If you know how to fix these, please tell me. All tips, advice, and help will be greatly appreciated.

Expansion packs I have installed:

Bought in store:
Late Night
Seasons
Supernatural
Ambitions

Bought digitally (on Origin):
World Adventures
Generations
University Life
Showtime
Pets
Into the Future
Island Paradise

Worlds bought:
Monte Vista
Hidden Springs
Dragon Valley
Roaring Heights
None of these worlds are installed in the game at the moment. I tried to download them from my "Purchase History" into the launcher but it doesn't work. I bought all these worlds from Origin. I do not wish to install these worlds until the loading situation is fixed, but if you can help me with this problem I would appreciate it very much.

I have no stuff packs.

Thanks~

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @LondonRainbows and welcome pull your sims 3 folder to the desktop and try launching a test game, save if this works.

path my documents/electronic arts/ sims 3

you can start moving back old files to the new but test each move to see if any are corrupted. also do your installed items last that is the dccache file. if your game runs fine until then you know you either have too much stuff or something is corrupted

more about your file contents http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Sims+3+Folder+Contents+FAQ
  • Options
    LondonRainbowsLondonRainbows Posts: 4 New Member
    @ceejay402 It worked! Thank you so much~ (*)
  • Options
    glad to hear, happy simming :)
  • Options
    daineb2001daineb2001 Posts: 2 New Member
    @ceejay402 i am having the same issue...however i am struggling understanding your instructions.
    Help!!!
  • Options
    daineb2001daineb2001 Posts: 2 New Member
    @ceejay402
  • Options
    daineb2001 wrote: »

hey @daineb2001 have you tried my suggestion for resetting the files see above, good luck!
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    @daineb2001 did you get it to work? I had the same issue the other day, I made a test program and that worked. Then a day later, my game won't even begin to load from the launcher at all. Not to scare you at all, but I know how to run a test game if you need a walkthrough on how to do it?
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • Options
    ElliottGirl23ElliottGirl23 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am having this same problem. It gets past the first loading screen, but when the second comes up (the one where you've chosen your saved game file and are about to play) it stops right at the end, and the tips and music still play. I've tried literally everything, I only have generations, pets and seasons, I used to have island paradise, but I uninstalled it. I also removed a lot of CC. And have lowered every setting to low or medium. (Lol Sorry for the long paragraph) I have played sims 3 for over 7 years now and have never experienced this problem before. (This is of course playing the game on different laptops/computers.) I have played sims 3 on my current laptop for a year now, and this problem started 3 days ago. @melissalungu I would love to know how to do a test program, because I don't quite understand Ceejays explanation... sorry xD.

My sims cravings is growing XDD
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @ElliottGirl23 All you do is go into Documents/ElectronicArts and you'll see a The Sims 3 folder. Click and drag that entire folder to your DESKTOP. Once it's on desktop, run the game and see if your problem is fixed. You won't have any CC or saved games. But this is to test if your game will load. Go past where it gave you problems before.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ElliottGirl23ElliottGirl23 Posts: 5 New Member
    @ChelleJo Thank You! My sims is now working. Woot woot
  • Options
    @ElliottGirl23 You're welcome. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Tallen7157Tallen7157 Posts: 2 New Member
    In my Electronic Arts folder I only have the Sims 3 Later Night folder and Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff folder @ElliottGirl23
  • Options
    Tallen7157Tallen7157 Posts: 2 New Member
    @ChelleJo ^^^^
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Tallen7157 wrote: »
    In my Electronic Arts folder I only have the Sims 3 Later Night folder and Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff folder @ElliottGirl23

I think you are looking in the wrong Electronic Arts folder. Look in DOCUMENTS\Electronic Arts, not Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts.
  • Options
    @Tallen7157 I suspect the same that @TreyNutz does. Sounds like you are looking in your program files and not you DOCUMENTS folder. You want the documents folder, then Electronic Arts... that is where you'll find The Sims 3 folder.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Pastel_SimmerPastel_Simmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Will the game still work if we reinstall our cc
  • Options
    DaniHopkinsDaniHopkins Posts: 6 New Member
    @Pastel_Simmer

I try to keep my mods separated by folders labeled by what category they would be. EX: Build, Buy, Hairstyles, Skins, etc. This helps in a major way when you want to see if a mod that you downloaded is the issue. I remove the subfolder and test by that to see if the problem is fixed. Follow these steps and let me know if it helps. I may be a trifle late but this is a problem that reoccurs for a people so either @Pastel_Simmer or someone else could us this to help whenever.

1. Go to your File Explorer following Documents/ElectronicArts/The Sims 3/Mods and place the mods you have into new folders with labels so you have an idea of what's in them.
    2. Move The Sims 3 folder from Documents/ElectronicArts to Desktop.
    3.Start the game and exit once it reaches the main screen.
    4. Start moving the folders you labeled from the Mods folder from The Sims 3 folder that's on your desktop one at a time and start the game after you move just one over. If the game loads, then that subfolder is not the issue and you can move another subfolder in to test.
    5. Once you've loaded everything and there is no longer an issue. Congrats! Glad I could help! If not, keep reading to see what's the deal.
    6. If you have loaded a mod subfolder you labeled and the game stopped working, there is a mod in that folder that is either corrupt OR conflicts with another mod that is loaded.
    7. You will have to test each mod in the subfolder individually with the other mods to see if you can pinpoint conflicting mod functions as the issue.
    8. If each mod works singularly with the other mods prior to the issue, than it's still possible that the mods conflicting with each other are in the same folder. If you spot ones by names that you recognize as possibilities try those first. Pretty much just follow Step #7 but use the mods in the folder giving you the trouble.
    9. If it's not working at all, mods folders or no, the issue could be the game itself and this is where you may want to reinstall the game and plug in the mods folder once it's redownloaded.
    HAPPY!!! SIMMING!!! Tag me if it helped!
  • Options
    RainbowcutecakeRainbowcutecake Posts: 1 New Member
    I dont have a sims 3 file I tried looking! and when i click on my sims 3 its saying its still downloading but I dont see anything that makes it possible! Can someone help me please
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I dont have a sims 3 file I tried looking! and when i click on my sims 3 its saying its still downloading but I dont see anything that makes it possible! Can someone help me please
    You don't get a TS3 folder in Documents until you have successfully launched the game for the first time. Has TS3 ever worked on this computer? I'm having trouble figuring out if you are trying to install the game by way of Origin or play the game that had already at one time been installed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    genie95genie95 Posts: 14 New Member
    A little late in the game, but I'm hoping someone can help. The saved game stopped loading with a small fraction of the bar left and the little phrases below stopped changing, but the music still plays so it's not frozen. I've followed all the steps above—moving folders around, deleting the specified cache folders—and my game worked that night. But I've come back tonight to play and now stopped loading again. Any help is welcome because this is really frustrating.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    genie95 wrote: »
    A little late in the game, but I'm hoping someone can help. The saved game stopped loading with a small fraction of the bar left and the little phrases below stopped changing, but the music still plays so it's not frozen. I've followed all the steps above—moving folders around, deleting the specified cache folders—and my game worked that night. But I've come back tonight to play and now stopped loading again. Any help is welcome because this is really frustrating.

@genie95

Deleting temp cashe files won't fix a game that wont load. How long is long? the game can take a long time to load depending on your computer specs and how large the save is. Mine does that it may take a few for it to finish loading. You could also have a corrupt save. If the save is corrupt and you don't have a prior save to go back to, you could have lost your game. We always advise to use "Save As" option. The save as option lets you generate a new clean save every time you save. If a game becomes corrupt you have an older version of the game to go pack to. if you use the save option , it overwrites and old save. if that save becomes corrupt, you lost your game

Have you tried loading a new clean game in another town? what town are you playing? Some towns are more prone to getting corrupt and have routing issues
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    @genie95 - If it's only that one particular save that refuses to load, and you haven't arranged for spare copies with Save As yourself, you might have an auto-generated backup save made for you in your Saves folder (in the TS3 user game folder in Documents). If so, rename it to something totally different from the original so you can tell them apart, remove the ".backup" part so it ends with ".sims3" to get it to appear on the saved game selector screen, and see if that one loads up.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 the saved game typically takes 3-5 minutes to load and it's in sunset valley. I never noticed the "save as" option. If I can load another game I'll try that.
  • Options
    @igazor thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I just tried it and it didn't work—the loading bar gets stuck in the same place.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13
    Sorry for the double post I can't seem to edit my intial comment on my phone. I tried loading a new game in Bridgeport and while it took longer than usual it worked. Sooo I'm not sure what this means in respect to my saved game or why it won't load