The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims' appearance

Comments

• Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    My sims always have big eyes. Not too big but bigger than average. Just something I've done since sims 2/3. And in create a sim, the females will always have brown or black hair. Don't know why.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,531 Member
    I have quite a mix in my game. I love playing with CAS and I'm always looking for CC that's unique or unusual. I have various retro sims, themed sims, punk, techno and goth, steampunk, anime, X-men, fairies, freaks, creatures, and Penny Dreadful characters. I do have some normals, both pretty and plain, with varying body types.

I find that the most unexpected sims will win my favoritism, but I'm very fond of all of the sims in my strange little world. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    parbopostcardsparbopostcards Posts: 78 Member
    I tend to have a nice mix of sims in my world...I like the pretty ones, who I usually hook up with a weird looking townie and then work from there. I love mixing my sims up!
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    All of my Sims are quite unique from one-another. I don't like sticking to a particular 'theme', so I have a little bit of everything when it comes to my Sims' appearances. :)
    As I've said before, if they all looked the same, then my game would get boring.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    check my sims in my gallery #jimmysnan, you will see that they are not all supermodels. I like to give them different styles, also I tend to like my sims because of their traits. I usually download those supermodel sims from the gallery because I like a mouth shape or eyes, as I can't seem to get all the features right , then I change them to be more ordinary sims. I make them either fatter or with a different hairdo, or facial style. I just hate to have my sims all look the same. They have to be different. I have also found that I can put those pretty sims in CAS and make them older and then they look more normal. I would put them on the gallery, but then I would be known as stealing even though I have changed all the features and the bodies.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I started added more face details to my Sims, I wish they would add more wrinkles, creases etc for Sims faces or even unlock the elder face texture.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    My sim self. I never want them to look too much like each other. Even when I get them of09-08-16_12-57-48nbspPM.pngf the gallery, I tweek them.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I have tried all kind of sims in the Sims 4 and find it hard to attach to any of them actually.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,977 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    I use gallery sims a lot but am very picky. I see a lot of the same type or style there BUT have found some very nice Sims to use.

DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like it's easier to like a good looking sim and after playing them a while, it might make me feel even more attached to them, or not. Depends on their personality too. I guess it's similar to real life. Sometimes the person you love the most might not be the most good looking person but you might love them more than some other acquaintance who is pretty/handsome. But looks are always good for first impressions, in my opinion, anyways. :tongue:

Yep , 100% behind this. Let's also remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    When I do make my own sims they are fit , medium skin toned ( except the redheads ) and mostly brown / red hair is used. I like what I like,

I'm a natural redhead, but I have been blessed with what is closer to a 'medium' skin tone, over that strictly pale, freckled stereo type. I like to joke with my hubby, that my whitest white is darker than his. :wink: Plus, back in my much younger days, I could tan like nobody's business. Also, my eyes are an emerald green, eyebrow and eyelashes as blonde as it gets. Just got my DNA results in and I'm 45% Irish.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited September 2016
    I create my Sims with smaller than average eyes. Even in The Sims 2. I also mostly create Sims with brown or black hair. My Sims are usually above average in terms of attractiveness, but nothing exaggerated.
    rH339Cu.png
    dD7vPSP.png
    sNdPTtq.png
    yg0fb8s.png
    ZzTHzzI.png
    Post edited by MMX on
    Jg9d2vj.gif
    'Appears in a lime-green Honda Integra that reaches speeds up to 315 KPH.'
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    In my game everyone has their own brand of Sexy
    there's the nerdy-slightly athletic-hipster, the voluptuous queens, the old cougars, that jock with a body blessed by the gods, I have em all. and they all own their look, which makes them good-looking, even if they're hideous, they look really good. because that's what I was going for.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, and I personally think my sims are the best looking than everyone else's
    I ain't sorry.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I never make gorgeous Sims. I mean, I don't want them ugly, but I actually am fairly fond of features that are not "conventionally pretty". Such as very big Roman noses. My favourite Sim to play is my Rodney, pictured here with his wife.

l7gIPpg.png

I purposely made his wife to look a bit tacky and done-up, with gaudy clothing and hair, but she is pretty in the face. I also tend to favour my female Sims to be pear-shaped.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    I use gallery sims a lot but am very picky. I see a lot of the same type or style there BUT have found some very nice Sims to use.

DeKay wrote: »
    I feel like it's easier to like a good looking sim and after playing them a while, it might make me feel even more attached to them, or not. Depends on their personality too. I guess it's similar to real life. Sometimes the person you love the most might not be the most good looking person but you might love them more than some other acquaintance who is pretty/handsome. But looks are always good for first impressions, in my opinion, anyways. :tongue:

Yep , 100% behind this. Let's also remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    When I do make my own sims they are fit , medium skin toned ( except the redheads ) and mostly brown / red hair is used. I like what I like,

I'm a natural redhead, but I have been blessed with what is closer to a 'medium' skin tone, over that strictly pale, freckled stereo type. I like to joke with my hubby, that my whitest white is darker than his. :wink: Plus, back in my much younger days, I could tan like nobody's business. Also, my eyes are an emerald green, eyebrow and eyelashes as blonde as it gets. Just got my DNA results in and I'm 45% Irish.

Why GalacticGal , you are just a little bit of a freak aren't you LOL , I'm just teasing . I was an orangey redhead with brown eyes , pale skin , not a lot of freckles , right up to about six or seven and then I went auburn , I do like red hair though , even on guys.
    I;ve been changing up the looks of my Sims , very recently - it's a good thing.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    I never make gorgeous Sims. I mean, I don't want them ugly, but I actually am fairly fond of features that are not "conventionally pretty". Such as very big Roman noses. My favourite Sim to play is my Rodney, pictured here with his wife.

l7gIPpg.png

I purposely made his wife to look a bit tacky and done-up, with gaudy clothing and hair, but she is pretty in the face. I also tend to favour my female Sims to be pear-shaped.

I love Roman noses. I have Lucifer Morningstar who has a nose like that.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think overall my Sims look pretty normal/average. A lot of the females don't even wear make-up because it simply doesn't suit their personality. Though, most of my Sims look alike, I try to vary, but I'm having a hard time doing so - I'm not one for extremes, so the differences are subtle.
    As for the "super-feminine" Sims you see a lot, I'm not really a fan of them either - they always have a waist like the Little Mermaid... I'm making an effort these days to make more Sims with broader waists and smaller breasts - not neccessarily both in one Sim. I'm also making an effort to make more Sims wearing glasses, but that's more of a personal thing, I always just forget about them.

I'll share some images of some of my Sims (those I made myself, not those I made using the genetics feature). The ones I have on the Gallery can be found here.
    The McLachlan Family:
    The kids are generated in CAS via the genetics feature)
    tumblr_o9g7nuKuB11v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9g7nuKuB11v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    The Linklater Family:
    tumblr_o9e6zpJ6fI1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    As kids' faces tend to be rather generic anyway, I'll just show you the parents.
    tumblr_o9ncgnPtnF1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9ncgnPtnF1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    The Winston Family:
    tumblr_o9ng9drBpt1v8k7elo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9ng9drBpt1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9ng9drBpt1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9ng9drBpt1v8k7elo8_1280.jpg
    And a picture of the twins because they're cute :)
    tumblr_o9ng9drBpt1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Molly and Morag:
    tumblr_o78hn6peSb1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o78hn6peSb1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    Geneviève (a personal favourite):
    tumblr_o8i27pCtI41v8k7elo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o8i27pCtI41v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    (You've probably noticed by now that I have a thing for freckled Sims ;))
    Samuel (another favourite):
    tumblr_o6tm1e59sJ1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o6tm1e59sJ1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    And there's some Sims I haven't shared on the Gallery, like the Garibaldi family:
    tumblr_o9wkihRcgM1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9wkihRcgM1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o9wkihRcgM1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    And there's the Sims I'm not quite sure about if they're finished or not, like Nohra:
    tumblr_o7kwie0xlg1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    And Liam:
    tumblr_obntsqU4Y51v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    (I still haven't decided which hairstyle I should pick for him.)

ETA: I totally forgot to add Vee to the list ;)
    tumblr_o64vz1SfZ11v8k7elo1_1280.jpg
    I went with the long hair and the beanie in the end.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    edited September 2016
    My most favourite sims are usually quite random. Not always my "main characters" and not always made be me. ;)

ttsomyo73ygq.jpg

@MDianaSanders your sims are gorgeous. ;) This blonde is so nice. And members this family have faces to remember. ;)

@siennaSTAR your sims are so cool. I love sims with distinct styles, even a tacky ones. ;)
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I prefer good looking, fit sims but, I like casual, kick back, country, chillin at home in a tank top and ragged cutoffs or sweat pants clothing, not high fashion. None of my female sims wear heals, males don't wear a suit even for formal and, no jewelry on anyone.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think the only thing I never give my sims, male or female, is that one crop top. I think a few from "Fashion Police" would know what I'm talking about.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I think the only thing I never give my sims, male or female, is that one crop top. I think a few from "Fashion Police" would know what I'm talking about.

@LosaruTaiyo This one perhaps :lol:
    tumblr_o85qgaUIXi1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    (Sorry, but I had to ;) )
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Most of my sims aren't conventionally attractive. My main save is based off of Norway, so I try to make my sims look like people I've encountered of Scandinavian blood. I quite like how my sims look though.

My self sim:
    sims2.png

Kjersti Bakken:
    sims3.png

Lene Nygård:
    sims4.png
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I prefer to make my sims look like normal people rather than supermodels, although my CAS sims probably do skew more towards the side of being considered attractive. I also try to make them more diverse in terms of ethnicity, shape, and personality.
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    I never make any sims that are along the lines of "People of Walmart". That being said, the sims I create are all different or I turn aging off and play one of my characters created in The Sims 3 (now recreated for Sims 4), with an ongoing theme. She is pretty in my eyes, but others may think she is average.

I have only seen two sims during my time playing The Sims 4 that I thought were unattractive. So, out of the many randomly created sims which are generated when you start your game, that's pretty low.
  • Options
    arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    The Sims I create all vary. Sadly, I do not have any screenshots or posts on the Gallery of them, but I'm proud to say that they all have different nationalities and whatnot, and body types.
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • Options
    QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    @LosaruTaiyo @MDianaSanders I love this crop top on my female sims.
    Here's Hibiki, only men clothing items. ;)

y1oa8cgf0n40.jpg

And here's Zeveriin, mostly female items:)

iv2rsgf9vfo9.jpg

@Loudon_Wainwright love your sims. Especially this one. Such a cute face!
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds