Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make money fast!

Comments

• Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Woodworking. Get a bench, get to work. With handiness 10 and the Marketable trait you can churn out bathtubs that sell for around 3000 simoleons a pop.
    This. And if you have Outdoor Retreat, you can go to Granite Falls, get a schematic of the Camping Mascot, and make those for the same price as the bathtubs - except they take about 30-60 minutes to make (tubs usually take 2-3 hrs). After maxing out handiness and doing this, my sim was able to make 50,000+ per day just from woodworking!

I assume you are talking Sims time and not real life time. haha
    Of course :) In perspective... my sim maxed out handiness, upgraded her entire house, and made almost 1,000,000 simoleans in 3 (sim) weeks. Sure, she was woodworking 10+ hrs a day. But she was effectively able to retire by the time she aged up from YA to adult. By far the best money-making method I've found in game so far.
  • Options
    TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    I'd say painting is the best and fastest way to earn money
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    Do the painting aspiration, get the Creative Visionary and Marketable reward traits, paint a bunch, and now you're loaded. Works for me every time.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2016
    Woodworking. Get a bench, get to work. With handiness 10 and the Marketable trait you can churn out bathtubs that sell for around 3000 simoleons a pop.
    This. And if you have Outdoor Retreat, you can go to Granite Falls, get a schematic of the Camping Mascot, and make those for the same price as the bathtubs - except they take about 30-60 minutes to make (tubs usually take 2-3 hrs). After maxing out handiness and doing this, my sim was able to make 50,000+ per day just from woodworking!

Of course :) In perspective... my sim maxed out handiness, upgraded her entire house, and made almost 1,000,000 simoleans in 3 (sim) weeks. Sure, she was woodworking 10+ hrs a day. But she was effectively able to retire by the time she aged up from YA to adult. By far the best money-making method I've found in game so far.

Yes, the camping mascot is definitely one of the best ways to Make Money Fast, in my experience. You need to get up to handiness level 7 before you can study the schematic at Granite Falls. If you don't consider it cheating, you could take advantage of this week's triple skill boost from Jasmine Holiday, and get up to that level very quickly. (Also helps if your Sim is a Genius or has other methods of keeping Focused. I listen to the New Age station on the radio while woodworking to help with that.)
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member

Yes, the camping mascot is definitely one of the best ways to Make Money Fast, in my experience. You need to get up to handiness level 7 before you can study the schematic at Granite Falls. If you don't consider it cheating, you could take advantage of this week's triple skill boost from Jasmine Holiday, and get up to that level very quickly. (Also helps if your Sim is a Genius or has other methods of keeping Focused. I listen to the New Age station on the radio while woodworking to help with that.)

I don't go to Granite Falls very often...actually only did it twice. But can I go there and come right back or will I have to stay there for a significant amount of time?
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @aaronrulz I have a house that has perfect garden. I place the lot down in one of the worlds and have my Sims visit the people that live there and harvest from their garden. I then start my own garden using their 'perfect' harvestables. My brother teases me that this is cheating, but gardening takes forever to get to 'perfect'. Now that I have one house that has perfect harvestables, I never start gardening from scratch. Gardening is the fastest 'get rich quick' method that I know. I also have a Club called Pixel Perfect & I have the club members gather at my Sims house. All the paintings they create you collect the profits. I have a room with 12 easels, as the only approved activities are paint & friendly socials. As the Sims finish one painting, I collect the profits and they move to the next easel. I just do that for a few hours and I make quite a bit of money off these people painting.

I also have a retail store. I've been working on that for months now. I finally have all the perks and it's a money maker. So I transfer money to my household from the store as well.

I also like writing as you collect royalties daily. I try to stay away from music activities as the royalties aren't as large.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member

I don't go to Granite Falls very often...actually only did it twice. But can I go there and come right back or will I have to stay there for a significant amount of time?

You only have to stay long enough to examine the camping mascot statue. You do have to get up to handiness level 7 before the option to learn the schematic appears though.
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Still learning the game, love all the $$ making tips from you all!
    Question:
    I've been scared to hire a gardener because I didn't know if he'd keep my harvests or not. What happens to your garden's harvestables when the gardener comes to your lot?
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I have a greenhouse full of perfect dragonfruit (and maybe a few alien plants, I don't remember for sure. ) you can download it as a room, a couple of harvests should get you there. I don't think it will cost your sim a lot to download it. Search for my rooms PlumbBobbi is my username on the gallery.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    If i go the painter route, would my Sim get more money if she opens up a retail store to sell the paintings? Or just sell them right off the easel? And should i put her in the painting career?
  • Options
    LathensLathens Posts: 35 Member
    I've had a lot of success with gardening and writing to make money. I have my sim write while the plants grow/re fruit. The royalties add up in no time at all.
  • Options
    MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    If i go the painter route, would my Sim get more money if she opens up a retail store to sell the paintings? Or just sell them right off the easel? And should i put her in the painting career?
    Retail allows you to mark up the painting price significantly, so you would probably make more money that way. I ran a very profitable art and woodworking shop for a while. You just have to pay for employees, or have several members of your household run the shop (I recommend the household route if you have enough sims in your family - much more efficient and cheaper than hired employees).
    Painting career offers no benefits that I
    know of other than a regular paycheck. You will probably make more just painting at home (especially if running a retail store).
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    DRAGONFRUIT! Have a sim level up their gardening and breed perfect quality dragonfruit. I have about 30 plants in this one save and got 3 million in just a couple of sim weeks. (Once harvested, keep them in your sims inventory for a while, time will increase value and travelling to other lots will also increase the value.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Callous_Lily The Gardner NPC will not harvest your plants. They pull the weeds, water, and spray for bugs.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    You can potentially make more per painting. BUT it takes a long time to sell when they are marked up 100%. What I have done is do it both ways. Save the high amount paintings for 100% markup, and just sell from the easel the lower level ones. Make sure that your sim can meet their needs on the retail lot or their paintings will be worth less.

• Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    Painting is probably the easiest. Get the traits that increase chance of a masterpiece and the one where you get more money for objects you make. Aside from that the Klepto trait and being invited to the Goths house can help...
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Thanks @Sha2520032003 for the info. I'd done a search through the forum but couldn't find an answer. Since @aaronrulz thread is about making money, it seemed relevant, esp if all that hard work gardening was going to walk off in the hired help's inventory instead of going into mine.
  • Options
    kmonicakmonica Posts: 47 Member
    Hi Fellow Simmers,

How long does it take a Sim to complete one painting?

thank you!
  • Options
    Rayjezzy69Rayjezzy69 Posts: 1 New Member
    Guys ! I figured a way to get MONEY EASILY I don’t think anybody knows this yet but once your in your home make sure your unemployed first then go find a job and select any job choice randomly doesn’t matter which one, once u get the job u will receive money I don’t know why but it gives u money but the truck is to quit the job after and then find another job but MAKE SURE u choose a different one u cannot choose the same job otherwise this will not work, and after you’ve done that u should get more money then keep doing this process until you’ve quit each job choice and have selected each job choice to work at I’m not sure how much money u gain for doing them all but it’s easy money so who cares right.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Well,
    Since your not one to want to use cheats (I applaud you BTW), I would suggest either painting or fishing.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I remember having a massive dragonfruit garden (probably 40-60 plants) and raking in a five-figure sum everytime I harvested.
  • Options
    WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    Back in the Sims 2, I created a custom career called "Investment Banking" in which the employee only work three hours a day as a CEO. They have earned around approximately $20000 per day, but during the promotion the bonus is somehow "negative" and I think because the bonus has exceeded 32767 which is the maximum number. I don't know about the applicability on this method to the Sims 4, is that hard to create custom career?
  • Options
    Nerdosaurus16Nerdosaurus16 Posts: 19 Member
    I find painting and hacking are good ways for your sims to make money fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top