Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should we buy the next expansion?

Are you waiting for a review to tell you if it's good or not? Or are you just going to be faithful to an iffy company and purchase it on day one?

Remember EA listens to our wallets.

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'll purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am proud to be a Maxis fanboy. o:)
    Post edited by Colton147147 on
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Jerrid_120Jerrid_120 Posts: 41 Member
    I'll purchase whatever Maxis releases, as I am proud to be a Maxis fanboy.

Even when that said company is Blaming you for the game's downfall? Sorry but a company shouldn't put blame the consumer for it's game doing terrible or why they are mad.

Sorry but I'll be waiting. I'm not going to support this BS kind of practice.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Jerrid_120 wrote: »

Even when that said company is Blaming you for the game's downfall? Sorry but a company shouldn't put blame the consumer for it's game doing terrible or why they are mad.

Sorry but I'll be waiting. I'm not going to support this plum kind of practice.

The SimGurus are not blaming anyone what so ever.

Don't tell me how to spend my own money that is in my wallet. :)
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited August 2016

Do not tell me how to spend my money; it is my money that is in my wallet and not yours.

this person is annoying me he is all over the forums bashing ea/sim gurrus im sick of the whiners on this forum im sure you are too as i said earlier in a thread 1st world problems much??
  • Options

Do not tell me how to spend my money; it is my money that is in my wallet and not yours.

You are in denial. In my opinion, Sims 4 is slowly becoming Sim City 2013. If things don't improve soon I feel this game is going to die in a year. And SimGuruDrake is constantly blaming us for being upset and why things are not changing. Just listen to Sims4News latest video. The comments she leaves are extraordinary in plum and not how a community board should treat their fans. EA needs to rethink how they talk to us if they want to see our trust return.

Telling someone what they can like and what they can dislike is very disrespectful. Everyone is entitled to what they can like and dislike.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member

You are in denial. In my opinion, Sims 4 is slowly becoming Sim City 2013. If things don't improve soon I feel this game is going to die in a year. And SimGuruDrake is constantly blaming us for being upset and why things are not changing. Just listen to Sims4News latest video. The comments she leaves are extraordinary in plum and not how a community board should treat their fans. EA needs to rethink how they talk to us if they want to see our trust return.

Telling someone what they can like and what they can dislike is very disrespectful. Everyone is entitled to what they can like and dislike.

also slandering a sim gurus name isnt cool either imo
  • Options
    Ill stick to my decision. My trust for EA and Sims Team has left 2 years with no word on what "The Fans Truly Want"

Sorry for trying to force you onto something, cause you are absolutely right that everyone is entitled to their own decisions.

And my decision is wait and see what the team brings to the table before shelling out my money.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    That will depend on the theme of the EP. If something I know I don't want (Not saying need because that is different). For example if it is something about star wars or super heroes like batman etc etc.. In that case even if ALL the reviews will give the game a positive 100% score and even if the price is half the usual price I am not going to buy that. Simply because I don't like this theme big time.

If it is a theme that I've been wanting then I am going to get it before there will be any reviews. Specially popular themes like Pets, Generations, University, Seasons, Apartments etc.. With a popular theme even if the EP was not done well as a whole at least there will be few things good that will come out of it.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

this person is annoying me he is all over the forums bashing ea/sim gurrus im sick of the whiners on this forum im sure you are too as i said earlier in a thread 1st world problems much??

And before you state that I'm bashing EA/SimsTeam for no reason then you are mistaken my friend.

EA has taken advantage of the fans all the time. Simmers, Star Wars Fans, Battlefield fans and so on. Battlefront was a complete disgrace and insult while BF4 was a buggy crash prone mess. Sims 4 was empty and lifeless with what EA decided to force SimsTeam to cut out. EA knows these games just sell on their name alone which spells bad practices of taking advantages of the fans.

SimsTeam have been very lacking on telling us on what we truly want to know. Look I understand legal actions prevent them for saying everything, but staying silent and only saying "we are listening" Is not going to cut it anymore. Why has it been so long since the launch and we still have no word on toddlers that have been in the BASE game since Sims 2. Why are we mad? Cause we expect it from a Base game by now.

You may think I'm whining, but think about it. If EA can get away with charging you for 60 to 70 dollars for an unfinished game. What makes you think they wont continue this practice. What makes you think they will give us less for expansions or other packs. What makes you think EA will charge you even more for the future game. Bad practices need to be addressed if we want to see change.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member

This is quite concerning and makes me very sad. I'm not telling you what you can and can't spend your money on, it's your money and you can do what you want with it. However, by blindly supporting them you have become part of the problem. The only way they'll realise that this game is not up to par with the last three is by not buying everything they put out until they give us something that's actually worth it, or they at the very least cut the prices in half. I refuse to pay full price for anything they release for ts4 unless it is truly worth it...ie seasons, pets, and farming all in one ep, which I know will never happen. So, in answer to the op's question, I will wait until it goes on sale before I even bother to consider buying it. I refuse to support them fully until they give us something worth the money.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member

You are in denial. In my opinion

Or they just have their own opinion, preference, mind and all.
    I know it sounds crazy, insane even but yeah..maybe that's it.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    I'll watch reviews first.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited August 2016

Lol you're claiming "first world problems ", but last I checked living Sims 4 isn't exactly an essential human need.

Also, calling other members names/insults is against forum rules.

As for me, I'm not paying EA/Maxis for subpar products ever again after Sims 4 and Get to Work.
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    What is this, groupthink hour?
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i really would like to know how many people are still preordering & buying at the original price

for me the times of preordered TheSims things are past
    would TS4 be a usual Sims game i would be absolutely excited about a City EP
    but what is there to expect after DO delivered not only unplayable restaurant staff but not even the option to choose the sims the player prefers
    & the patch accompanying it with aggressive relationships culling is just the complete OVERKILL

so surely not buying anything
    & i am pretty sure, i won't even buy it at half the price
    this gameplay & the game's options had first to change radically towards options for the player & actual simulation before i am willing to come back
    & i don't think the devs are willing to change the path they are going, the path of refurbished apps with TheSims logo slapped on them
    so

not even overwhelming reviews will bring me back

there are more hoops the devs have to jump before that happens :tongue:
    or the price has to be at around ... 3€ maybe :joy:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm going to play a wait and see game. I'm going to see if I actually like the theme of the EP first and then I'll wait for a review from LGR before I ultimately decide.

However, it may end up just being a decision to not buy the EP right away. I intend on buying Get Together eventually while it's on sale but at the same time I still haven't bought Supernatural, Showtime, or Into the Future for the Sims 3 and probably won't except for maybe Showtime. I don't want to buy into things blindly but I'm also content enough with the game where I'm not going to refuse to buy things as a form of protest.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If it is something that interests me, I might get it. If it is something that doesn't peak my interest, I might not get it. A week from next Wednesday, I might go out for Chinese. I might not, but I will keep everyone informed.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    What is this, groupthink hour?

Yes, that's exactly what it is.
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I wouldn't be interested in buying any eps about super-naturals or magic eps and am not wild over futuristic eps either. Other than that I will buy it regardless of any ones else's opinion .
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm looking forward to a city/politics EP and l have gift codes for Amazon and Saturn which are waiting since 2015 to be used. So hurry up, EA!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Um no one is blaming anyone, because there is no downfall. EA are boasting about The Sims 4 in their financial reviews, and Devs are posting on Twitter how good the game is selling.

Are you trying to tell us EA are blaming us for making The Sims 4 the best selling PC game two years in a row?
    And their best performing game in 2015, alongside Fifa?
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'd like to say I'll wait, but the reality is ill end up pre-ordering it and playing it on release day like all the other packs so far. Im desperate for a new EP
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Well it might be a bit like Sim City, if they release the rumoured City Life EP...

:no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    ha ! i know what would make me buy City Life EP immediately (at the lowest price possible, of course :trollface: )

playable ZOMBIES :trollface:
    playable zombies eating away all those aimlessly grinning wanderers :trollface:
    mayhem !
    & additionally rats, stray cats & cars :trollface:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA