The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unusable TV

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 2
Told my sim to work out. She turned the TV on, cancelled the interaction and went somewhere else, now no one can use the TV. It just says no actions available? How do I make my sim work out (go for a run) and claim beds? I swear I saw both options before and now they're not there

It's the §10000 TV which I can't afford to buy another one of

It says the TV is broken when I try and play on it, but there's no option to repair it

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    If this is the big TV I'm thinking of, it's borked (unrepairable) and the only option is to buy another one. I don't think anyone modded a fix for this (or if it's possible).

Going for a jog is possible when you build enough fitness enthusiasm. I don't remember what level the option presents itself.

I don't remember claiming beds in TS2. It's been a while since I've worked on my rotation. I want to say that didn't start until TS3, but I honestly can't remember. :'(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    If this is the big TV I'm thinking of, it's borked (unrepairable) and the only option is to buy another one. I don't think anyone modded a fix for this (or if it's possible).

Going for a jog is possible when you build enough fitness enthusiasm. I don't remember what level the option presents itself.

I don't remember claiming beds in TS2. It's been a while since I've worked on my rotation. I want to say that didn't start until TS3, but I honestly can't remember. :'(

Far as I've seen you can't claim beds .i believe that did start in sims 3.would be really handy though lol
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    Is their a push option on the tv? Sometimes it gets moved out to repair it and your sim has to push it back. Or maybe you need to repair it. Claiming beds is only available with a mod.
  • Options

It was the biggest one available. One of the sims living in my house got a §40000 bonus so I bought a new one

Maybe I'm confusing bed claiming with Sims 4
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    Is their a push option on the tv? Sometimes it gets moved out to repair it and your sim has to push it back. Or maybe you need to repair it. Claiming beds is only available with a mod.

What mod can I get for claiming beds in the Sims 2? Do you have a link?
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

What mod can I get for claiming beds in the Sims 2? Do you have a link?

It is here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0

Scroll down some. It is called Smart beds :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    CursedDice wrote: »

It was the biggest one available. One of the sims living in my house got a §40000 bonus so I bought a new one

Yeah, the really nice huge TV is a broken item, unfortunately. Since it was introduced near the end of the series, I guess they didn't feel obligated to patch it.

The ability to claim beds was definitely in TS3 and I know they put it in TS4 (in an update?). You had me really straining to think about it being in TS2, but others have verified it wasn't so... :D

BTW @Summerbear5 - I love your siggy!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Yeah, the really nice huge TV is a broken item, unfortunately. Since it was introduced near the end of the series, I guess they didn't feel obligated to patch it.

The ability to claim beds was definitely in TS3 and I know they put it in TS4 (in an update?). You had me really straining to think about it being in TS2, but others have verified it wasn't so... :D

OK, thanks. What about the ability to see roofs in live mode? I cannot see the one on my house
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    A weird fact: If an expensive TV (Large screen from Apartment Life and maybe that wall-mounted one, too) breaks, it cannot be repaired. Unless cheats are used, the only way is to sell the TV and buy a new one. Sorry.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2016

OK, thanks. What about the ability to see roofs in live mode? I cannot see the one on my house

Do you have roof viewing enabled or do you have the walls up all the way? If not then it won't show.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Do you have roof viewing enabled or do you have the walls up all the way? If not then it won't show.

This. But also, are you talking about the actual roof (outside) or the ceiling that you can place (like a floor)? There is a toggle symbol that allows you to see the ceiling.
  • Options

This. But also, are you talking about the actual roof (outside) or the ceiling that you can place (like a floor)? There is a toggle symbol that allows you to see the ceiling.

I hit page up until I couldn't go any further. Still couldn't see the roof. I didn't put a ceiling on the top floor. I can see roof in build mode though, only if I click the roofing tool
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I hit page up until I couldn't go any further. Still couldn't see the roof. I didn't put a ceiling on the top floor. I can see roof in build mode though, only if I click the roofing tool

Okay, I cranked up the game because I couldn't remember exactly what was available.
    Is Roof not highlighting as available in the Walls Down / Walls Cutaway / Walls Up / Roof section?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member

Okay, I cranked up the game because I couldn't remember exactly what was available.
    Is Roof not highlighting as available in the Walls Down / Walls Cutaway / Walls Up / Roof section?

If you're using the PgUp and PgDn, Home and End will raise the wall levels which also at the highest level (PgUp) will show the roof. On my laptop and keyboards. :)
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    if you micromanage your sims to make them sleep in the same beds for a while, they will go to sleep in that one themselves. with a couple, if you make them sleep on the same side all the time, they will go to use that side themselves, and when they die their ghost will cheer at that bed, that side, unless he's a repairman, then he cheers at the toilet. The thing with beds, if a sim is tired and goes to bed theirself, they'll go for the best bed. so if you make all beds equal, including the children, they'll stick to their own that you've been making them sleep in. Also the desirability of the room. They don't need to be identical, just of equal comfort, expense etc. If the bed is not as good as the other, then put more effort into the room to even it out. Lots of kids and teens in RL have extra wide single beds or doubles these days, it's not unrealistic. That kid sim will probably live on to be an adult in the house and be an heir anyway, then they can keep that bed and change the cover for their marriage.

as for working out to the TV, it has to be .. away from the wall, next to the wall, against the wall, can't remember, try different positions. is it free standing or does it stick onto the wall like a plasma? if it's free standing, it needs to be at least one space away from the wall to work out. I think. try out different things. the smaller TV definitely has to be away from the wall.

if you use the user interface to put walls up and down, like with your mouse, you choose the roof one for seeing the roof, otherwise do as Longy said (Rflong7) with the keyboard. if you hit Tab (cameraman mode) while the roof is up, then use the E and Q on the keyboard the camera will go up and down so you can see in the house with the roof up, and also if you're trying to take pics in the garden with the house totally up without the camera bouncing away, but you have to put the walls etc up before you hit Tab not during. Hit Esc or Tab to get out of cameraman mode. X and Z are zoom out and zoom in, the four arrows next to your numeric keypad are forward, backward, side and side, and moving the mouse swings up down and side to side.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

If you're using the PgUp and PgDn, Home and End will raise the wall levels which also at the highest level (PgUp) will show the roof. On my laptop and keyboards. :)

Mine did not until I put a ceiling on the top floor. Now it shows up when I keep hitting page up.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited September 2016
    unlike in the Sims 3 I think it is, a roof is not there until you put one on in build mode, either an auto roof or pieces you place yourself.
    oh, and the roof will still show up when you page up and down unless you've also cut away the walls/roof with either the home/end keys on your keyboard or by manually clicking on the cut away walls/roof on the user interface. Even when you have paged up to the level of the roof, the roof will not show unless you've made it viewable with the walls cut away/roof button.

That is, the roof is not part of the floors button, it is part of the walls cut away button.
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.