Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does everyone know about Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, free EA download?

I'm so plum, I hardly ever use the rest of The Sims website. So, I almost missed this great freebie! All you have to do is sign up for e-mails and you get a really cool electric guitar. As soon as I signed up, it was available In my game. No waiting for a download.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/newsletter

Comments

• Options
    lbsykeslbsykes Posts: 36 Member
    It's really cool. I'm loving how the eyes on it light up.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I updated my spooky nightclub yesterday when I got it :)
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited August 2016
    My understanding is it something you get if you sign up for the free email newsletter for the sims.

https://thesims.com/news
  • Options
    pj9871pj9871 Posts: 89 Member
    Did not know about this!! Love the guitar. Thanks Bananas_45!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It makes Grimmy's black smoke when you play it.
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    I haven't tried it yet but it looks cool!
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    This sounds like a lovely item but I'm sure glad that I don't really have to sign up for anything! I'll just do whatever I please with any item which exists within packages which I haven't been given any option to refuse transfer of.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I don't understand the problem with signing up. They already have my email associated with Origin. I have them that when I signed up to buy the game. All spam stuff goes to my junk mail folder. It isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    If you are already signed up you can still get it free by just ticking the sign up button...it's coo how the eyes glow also besides the smoke, but like someone else said, I wish it was electric sounding.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Thanks for the info :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,395 Member
    Thanks for the tip. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Yeah, I know that it's free. Considering that I already have the guitar in my game. There's must not have been a whole lot to Grim's Ghoulish Guitar to download, and install. Because it only took all but a second for the thing to be in my game.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I got the guitar yesterday it is awesome!! don't mind being on their mailing list either
  • Options
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    I got the guitar yesterday it is awesome!! don't mind being on their mailing list either
    I did too, and it is an awesome guitar. I just wish that there was an electric version of it in the game. :)<3

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Yeah It's so cool I did not know about it either at first.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    That creepy disturbing guitar? Yes I have it but its by far the creepiest guitar we have ever gotten. LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    vqra45vqra45 Posts: 32 Member
    It's a bit creepy indeed,but totally rad!
  • Options
    vqra45 wrote: »
    It's a bit creepy indeed,but totally rad!
    It looking a bit creepy is the fun and the beauty of it.

• Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Oh man, I love this! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    SirenHartSirenHart Posts: 272 Member

I know I'm resurrecting this from the dead, but I promise it's for a good reason.

I didn't even know Grim's Ghoulish Guitar was available, until I stumbled across a build with it included and then went on a hunt tonight to discover where it had come from. (I've been away from all things Sims. Shh! I got reasons, but that's not why we're here reading this.) The link still works and I was able to get the guitar after signing in and signing up for the newsletter, so if anyone else is like me and late to the party, fear not, it still works! \(^_^)/
    Interested in Resident Evil (BioHazard) Builds and Sims?
    Look for my Origin ID:
    There is no Custom Content in my game, so all uploads are 100% CC FREE!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I have it, but it still sounds like an acoustic guitar. I hope that with more skill it may sound like an electric guitar because that's why I wanted it.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I did and when I had my sim played it, it gave me the creeps, so I have it in my game but my sims don't play it. maybe I should put it in a bar and see if anyone plays it.
  • Options
    KittensMeow10KittensMeow10 Posts: 161 Member
    I knew about it, but totally forgot! Thanks for reminding me! :D