Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Time...... is not on my side

Hi

I am going back to a post in Jan 2016 with regards to a patch that could allow the gamer to choose how they play the game time wise.

My sim has a bakery and restaurant and as you cannot have 2 businesses on one plot and i am forced to split my day but time is still an issue - my sim only gets home at 2 in the morning and before she is even finished eating, toilet, brush teeth and go to bed, it is 6 in the morning and has to start preparing to go to the bakery, which closes at 4 but takes almost 2 hours just to get to the restaurant and start business there. and another thing that could be fixed is the open neighbourhood - my sim walks from her restaurant to the front of her house and surprise the spinning diamond appears and now you have to wait when she was just in front of the house and there was no need for the travel diamond to appear.

Please, pretty please EA \ Sims gurus, can we please adjust the time for our own satisfaction - you know 1 sim min equals 1 human second - it would really be great if a gamer can extend the time like a sim minute can be updated to 10 \ 20 \ 30seconds human time.

there is so much to do but not enough time for your sim to get a real good schedule going

Pretty please

Comments

• Options
    JCBentonJCBenton Posts: 3 New Member
    I'll pitch in my two pence. Whenever we play the base game, the timeframe feels just fine, but whenever we add DLC to the mix, new activities tend to drain too much time, as there's too much of a focus on that new content.

If you're like me and you don't like to use money cheats, it can really ruin your sim. I'll give an example: The Sims 3 Pets often resulted in hours being spent trying to bath a dog due to pathfinding issues and such, but if you wanted to be a responsible owner and walk your dog that would take hours and leave your moodlets, skills and chores by the wayside entirely. It's safe to say the timeframe is suited for the base game if your sim has a job, but with pets managing time became an absolute chore. To counter this in TS4, thankfully we can all do multiple things at once: socializing in front of the TV whilst drinking, etc. so hopefully as more expansion/game packs come out we can see time management become less of a thing that way.

As for your particular issue I have not experimented with the Get to Work expansion, can you not simply limit your hours for the sake of your Sim's health?
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi JCBenton

Thank you for your post:)

I have 3 Sims (sisters -teenager & adult - as well as a partner) my teenager goes to school, partner goes to the hospital and my sim that is home goes to the bakery.

I try having "less time" at a venue but for my bakery to make money the sim has to "work" a full day convincing customers to buy some goodies and it takes alot of effort - sometimes my bakery is open from 6am but my first sale only takes place at 1pm then the checking out takes 15 sim "minutes" buy then the other customer is angry as he waited so long and walks out - i had staff, 2 to be exact but they were costing me more than what i was making for the business.

I use the retail \ restuarant perks to add more staff, serve quicker and so on but my sim still lands up being in the red with her moods \ losing customers at the bakery - desperately needs the toilet, starving, tense, exhausted and so on

with sims 3 you could switch about your sims without having the others "tag" fade out and have to select to switch control or bring the sim there or choose care for self \ tidy up \ build a skill and so on - you would be taken to where that sim was may it be work, school, at the park and so on and you wouldnt lose what you told them to do while you are busy with another sim.

Currently, if i tell my teenager to bathroom, brush teeth, eat and do homework, and i take the adult to the bakery to do work, the teenager puts the food in her inventory, does not do the bathroom demands and homework is not done - there is way too many rabbit holes in this game that takes from your time as "time" does go on with the other sims you are not playing with. Like i stated in my previous comment, my sim walks upto her house and then the spinning diamond appears and it took her 1hr \ 2hrs to "travel" from the restaurant across the road to her front door so her mood is even worse when you are finally able to get her moving again. in real life you dont take 2 hours to walk across the road or eat your food evening even talking to someone while you eat

i am trying to build a family but my sim\s mood is always in red and as mentioned is in the door at home about 6 in the morn and the others are refreshed and leaving for school \ work

I wouldnt mind if the multitask could be extended to food preparation - sim is cooking food and she can go to the bathroom \ shower \ clean while the food is being cooked \ in the oven or even start baking on another stove while the chicken is roasting \ a cake is being baked etc so that you can add some more time to your other functions.

Basically there is just not enough sim minutes to do all the little things like have a party or just woohoo to have children as someone if not all is in the red and moody

i hope i am making sense in what i am trying to bring across - i am just asking for the option to extend my time without affecting the speed of my sims tasks, like just because i extend the time to maybe 15secs for every sim minute that they now slow down to do the same function
  • Options
    BrunoBBrunoB Posts: 13 New Member
    I agree with you! Time is so short, and beyond their life obligations, like work, school etc, you still have to eat, shower, use the bathroom and sleep... It's hard to play without maxmotives cheats this way :(
  • Options
    noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    I feel like there must be a mod that lets you adjust the time rate. I know there was one in ts3.
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi There Simmers
    RoseMow has pointed me in the right direction.

http://modthesims.info/d/533026
    Time Speed Changer - Change the Game Clock Speed (Updated for Get Together!)

I updated my time to a 75 - i think it is about 16-18 seconds for a sim minute.

Happy days!!!!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I agree and I was in my game yesterday.
    I intended for my sim to do a few things before she head off to set up her clothing store and it was already well past noon by the time she was done. I have had the relativity mod for TS3 and the sims is much more enjoyable when you can play a mix of activities throughout your day.

It is especially important as we get more things for our sims to do through packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I agree. I was in my game yesterday.
    I intended for my sim to do a few things before she headed off to set up her clothing store and it was already well past noon by the time she was done with those activities. I have had the relativity mod for TS3 and the sims is much more enjoyable when you can play a mix of activities throughout your day.

It is especially important as we get more things for our sims to do through packs.
    I am hesitant to use mods with TS4 as the game is updated it would be a pain to manage a lot of mods. I would love to see a built way to adjust the flow of time.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds