The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I have many coffee mugs. During the school year, I have one that says "don't make me call the flying monkeys", which my kiddos find hysterical :lol:

During the summer, I love using this mug that my mom got for me :tongue:

tZ7ACTgl.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    @CitizenErased14 @JoieWilder I actually do have an outline for my story. My issue tends to be more that on one hand I feel like it's going slow and I need to get to the point or people will find it boring but on the other hand I don't want to just blaze from major plot point to major plot point and have it feel like I'm rushing through the story.

I don't think there is any wrong or right way to do this, and my answer would be you just have to feel it. However, I know that doesn't help you lol. So, I'll say to perhaps look at the balance of your chapters. How many of them move the plot forward? How many of them develop the characters? How many of them are there to move time along? Our stories need all of these kinds of chapters because you shouldn't have a story that is nothing but action/drama. In theory that sounds like a good idea, but it's emotionally draining on your readers whether they realize it or not. If you think it's slow and boring, consider why you feel that way. Are you showing every second of every day when perhaps a time jump would be appropriate? Are you showing every moment of the characters' development when maybe a bit of mystery could spice things up? I haven't read your story, so I don't know but I hope this helps give you something to think about.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Morning Everyone!
    I have my pot of coffee going! Hoping to have a pretty productive sim day. If I'm up to it I might see if I can get my Disney Legacy going.

*holds up coffee mug* Yay for coffee!

Ooo, let's share out coffee/tea/whatever cups! I want to see all the variety!!

Edit: Here's mine! I got this mug when I went to London four years ago. It was super cheap but it's going strong!
    bus.jpg

My backup mug is hard to drink from but he protects my desk:
    thor.jpg

Those are cute. I'm drinking from a paper Dixie cup lol. Nothing to see there. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Meggles I am so up for that. This is my mug:

Kkpsdzh.jpg

What is this, you say? A super lame black mug? WRONG :D this is a super awesome magic mug my friend made for me. This is what happens when you put hot water in it...
    YqVwDiD.jpg
    wVTBk9H.jpg
    SeBRW8A.jpg

The characters on the mug are from the game League of legends, while the potato and the ray are just random xD

HA! That's great.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Morning! Heading back home but scheduled the confrontation with Peter Pan for you.

https://youtu.be/JpsMLIGmhwo

Ooooh! Think I'll check this out before I do any actual work. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I have many coffee mugs. During the school year, I have one that says "don't make me call the flying monkeys", which my kiddos find hysterical :lol:

tZ7ACTgl.jpg

Or just June and July for the poor teachers down here.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Woah, I just found out that yesterday was my best-ever day for views on my legacy (also more views than I've gotten in D2D too). Random, but made me very happy today :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Woah, I just found out that yesterday was my best-ever day for views on my legacy (also more views than I've gotten in D2D too). Random, but made me very happy today :tongue:

Maybe from your reddit post? (I saw you!)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »

tZ7ACTgl.jpg

Or just June and July for the poor teachers down here.

I worked through June. This is my first week of summer vacation !
    sMggKkh.png

• Options

@Meggles haha I did have a good number of clicks from Reddit! That might be it! :smiley:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

tZ7ACTgl.jpg

@CitizenErased14 Oh my God this mug is dope! I want one like this but with the months april, may, june becoz that's when we have our summer break here! Isn't getting the summer break the best part of being a teacher?! :love: This is why I'm going to be a teacher...

No just kidding, I seriously love teaching and connecting with other individuals and that's why i'm going to do this. (And secretly becoz I'll get three months of vacation YAY! :joy:)

• Options

@Meggles haha I did have a good number of clicks from Reddit! That might be it! :smiley:

@CitizenErased14 I am super shy on reddit. I finally decided to take a look just the other day. I'm a major lurker on the Steven Universe one, haha! Also on Cardcaptor Sakura but they're kind of cliquey and slow so I don't go there.
  • Options
    Here is today's legacy update :smiley: Everyone's been waiting to hear from Colette, and today, we finally do! :blush:

DCvQ9sL.png

PS: Hahaha yes @remi_narrow the vacation is pretty awesome! Though my favorite part is working with kids. I love them. Second favorite is definitely vacation though :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Btw, everyone else's mugs are also beautiful! :love:

The mug I use says "I love you handsome husband" and has a picture of a cute teddy bear holding a heart :joy: It was basically a gift from my mom to my dad but since he only drinks tea, he prefers dainty cups as opposed to the mug which is double the size. So I have to use that mug *sigh* And when I said I wanted a new mug, my mom said if I drink from this mug I'll get a handsome husband :lol: . I literally rolled on the floor lafing! :joy:
  • Options
    Btw, everyone else's mugs are also beautiful! :love:

The mug I use says "I love you handsome husband" and has a picture of a cute teddy bear holding a heart :joy: It was basically a gift from my mom to my dad but since he only drinks tea, he prefers dainty cups as opposed to the mug which is double the size. So I have to use that mug *sigh* And when I said I wanted a new mug, my mom said if I drink from this mug I'll get a handsome husband :lol: . I literally rolled on the floor lafing! :joy:

@remi_narrow I would LOVE to use a tea cup at work! That would be so much fun. My coworkers would definitely make fun of me - especially if I brought a saucer! (I have several at home, hmm...)
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    edited July 2016
    I was going to share my mug, with witty banter about how it might not be as cool as some of y'alls mugs, but it was full of mocha.

But the joy has been lost by imgur being a plum about using it on a mobile device. I managed to get the picture uploaded (by flipping to their desktop site since I'm not downloading their app just for one picture) but it's refusing to cooperate and allow me to easily copy the required text to post here, nor can I flip back to their mobile version without losing all my tabs.

So imagine the awesome mug of your choice, filled with the mocha from the coffee shop of your choice. My mocha is from Caribou. :p
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Oh! I almost forgot to share this here! :blush: My short story for this month's Short Story Challenge! :smiley:

For this month, the stories had to begin and end with the same sentence. I decided to take things one step further ;) This was an EXTREMELY challenging story to write, and it's not like anything I've written before. I'm quite pleased with this one :blush: Though it's a little "odd", maybe :tongue:

Before Her Eyes
    ZrJ4Qwc.png

I know a lot of you guys participate in the challenges and choose to not read stories until you've submitted yours (I do the same!) but this is just in case anyone out there wants to read anyway :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Here is today's legacy update :smiley: Everyone's been waiting to hear from Colette, and today, we finally do! :blush:
    DCvQ9sL.png

PS: Hahaha yes @remi_narrow the vacation is pretty awesome! Though my favorite part is working with kids. I love them. Second favorite is definitely vacation though :tongue:

@CitizenErased14 Oh yay another A2A update! I have been reading your story, just too lazy to comment! :tongue: I will be commenting today, I promise! And I seriously can't wait to hear what Colette has to say about her and Tobi's marriage :/ I can't believe their marriage is falling apart! :cry:

Also, @VIRTUALEE I have watched every episode of your Disney Bachelor Challenge, but did not comment (I'm sorry :()

But today I'll be binge commenting :sunglasses: That's the goal! Gear up! Leh go!

650_1200.gif

PS: This gif is so hilarious! Has anyone watched this movie? Bruce Almighty that's the name :joy:

• Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    I know there are a ton of Harry Potter fans in here (so excited about the new book coming out soon) so I've decided my next build will be something Harry Potter :D What HP building would you most want in your game?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options

Kkpsdzh.jpg

What is this, you say? A super lame black mug? WRONG :D this is a super awesome magic mug my friend made for me. This is what happens when you put hot water in it...
    YqVwDiD.jpg
    wVTBk9H.jpg
    SeBRW8A.jpg

The characters on the mug are from the game League of legends, while the potato and the ray are just random xD

I love the randomness of this mug so much!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »

Kkpsdzh.jpg

YqVwDiD.jpg
    wVTBk9H.jpg
    SeBRW8A.jpg

I love the randomness of this mug so much!!

Oh my gosh, that mug is awesome!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't drink coffee or tea but I for some reason have a ton of mugs! I use them for hot chocolate and ice cream :)

These 2 are my favorites and usual go to mugs!

Thompson and Thompson from Tin Tin
    byka4ts.jpg

Legend of Zelda life mug, the heart fills up depending on the temp of the drink!
    6C7dFUz.jpg
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    I know there are a ton of Harry Potter fans in here (so excited about the new book coming out soon) so I've decided my next build will be something Harry Potter :D What HP building would you most want in your game?

Hagrid! Then the Weasleys!
  • Options

Hagrid! Then the Weasleys!

I was totally thinking the Weasleys!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

Oooh maybe Diagon Alley!! Tons of shops and stuffs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top