The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Custom Worlds Do You Play On?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,589 Member
    1. I like the small - large ones it seems
    2. City
    3. I can do CC but I have no store stuff but if its free then sure
    4. Not really

Also: I only have the following packs: Late night, high end loft, seasons, ambitions, university, pets, and island paradise

Do you like to add your own lots or build your own lots? :)
  • Options
    BrianAndreeBrianAndree Posts: 422 Member
    I like them when they come with lots for all the neighbors, but most of the time I build my own home on a empty lot
    Orgin: BrianAndree
  • Options
    Still looking for more worlds, perferably with lots on them already
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I've only ever tried out two custom worlds. The first one was Alpine County (I think is the name?) but it was far too laggy for me, I just recently got a gaming laptop too :/

The second was Meadow Glen which I loved but I kept having this issue where sims could never access the lots. They would stomp their feet and wave their arms like something was in the way, but there wasn't. I recently read that resetting the whole town can fix that so I might try it out again.
  • Options
    I actually just downloaded Alpine County LOL
    Im waiting for the town editor to load so I can see all the lots...
  • Options
    I've only ever tried out two custom worlds. The first one was Alpine County (I think is the name?) but it was far too laggy for me, I just recently got a gaming laptop too :/

The second was Meadow Glen which I loved but I kept having this issue where sims could never access the lots. They would stomp their feet and wave their arms like something was in the way, but there wasn't. I recently read that resetting the whole town can fix that so I might try it out again.

Hi :)

Sometimes the lots get stuck when building the world. The best way I found to fix the lot problem is to find which ones they can't go to- sometimes it can be their home lot or just a few lots.

If they can't go to a lot, first make sure it's not their home lot by sending them somewhere on the map. If it's is the other lot, go to Edit World and copy the lot to the bin, delete the lot on the map to where it leaves the lot empty- replace the lot with the saved version from the bin.

Now the Sim should be able to go to the lot.... Try out each lot. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2016

What? In Edit mode... Send your Sims and check out the world while you play. It's a lot of work goes into them and just skimming the lots seems so sad- to me. :(

• Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Hi :)

Sometimes the lots get stuck when building the world. The best way I found to fix the lot problem is to find which ones they can't go to- sometimes it can be their home lot or just a few lots.

If they can't go to a lot, first make sure it's not their home lot by sending them somewhere on the map. If it's is the other lot, go to Edit World and copy the lot to the bin, delete the lot on the map to where it leaves the lot empty- replace the lot with the saved version from the bin.

Now the Sim should be able to go to the lot.... Try out each lot. :)

Thanks for the tip! I will remember this if I encounter the problem again when I re-download Meadow Glen :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

What? In Edit mode... Send your Sims and check out the world while you play. It's a lot of work goes into them and just skimming the lots seems so sad- to me. :(

Im going to keep the world but most of the time I like to go look inside the homes with build/buy mode :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Seems that no matter how hard I try, nearly all my lot designs end up needing large lots - I think 40X40 is about average! I did manage to make a 20X30 ghetto type apartment building - the smallest build I've done. I'm currently working on an amusement park - Libertyland ("Simland" was already taken :lol: ). Libertyland sits on a 64X64 lot, that I've had plop in Sunset Valley - though I don't plan on making that the "final resting place" since the outer edges do quite an ugly cliff-drop, due to the hills! Luckily, the drop-off is only where my fence goes. Once I get Libertyland finished and saved to the library, I want to move it to a flatter world. Now I don't want an entire world flat as a piece of paper, but one that's not so "hilly" - between Sunset Valley or Appaloosa Plains size (not a big city like Bridgeport), so I can possibly add more builds. Any ideas?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got one in progress and I should get back to work because it's mostly flat with a few hills and it's a larger world needing World Adventures and Late Night to work properly.I need to get it finished and start testing it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I was playing a game in Red County and I have to say, I love that world! There's some superfluous stuff in it, however, but it ran glitch free and is very well built. It is a large world, though and I usually like smaller worlds (which I'm searching for now lol). I would recommend Red County if you like big worlds :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got one in progress and I should get back to work because it's mostly flat with a few hills and it's a larger world needing World Adventures and Late Night to work properly.I need to get it finished and start testing it.

Ah, that reminds me I've got:

EP: (got them all) :)
    SP: (only) Sweet Treats :neutral:

With these plus the number of store items/sets, I think I'm ok to run any world.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    edited April 2016
    I used too play on Red County but my file got delete by a very bad save error it's a shame it was my favourite custom world.
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    A good link to check out would be: http://sims3customworlds.tumblr.com

My favourite custom worlds to play in are:
    Cladbridge-on-Stowe

Glendonnach

Dronningslund

Enekjaer Island

Rinn Fada

Setra

Evansdale County

I hope you find one (or a few) that you enjoy playing in!

• Options
    RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    Cladbridge-on-Stowe
    Evansdale County

I have Cladbridge, but even with Riverview installed (for the bridges), it's not showing up any of the bridges. I've spent a month trying to figure out what could be wrong.

I love Evansdale County as well as Meadow Glen. I'm currently playing in Meadow Glen. MSR is awesome, imho :smile:

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member

Yes this is a nice world. Has everything! But its soooo big that it feels empty.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i really love mayfield springs at the moment

but other awesome worlds are evansdale county and storybrook county
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D