The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's official! No Gender barriers!

Comments

• Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    Simulance wrote: »
    I don't get it, can someone explain to me what it all means?

It means that the female Sims can dress as male, and that Male Sims can dress as Female, that's what it means.

What is wrong with that? I used to dress like a boy as a child and people thought it was cute but now adults want to do it and it is wrong? Oh please

• Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    i'm sure there will be a fliter. Because it would be a total mess, even for me who jump of joy when i read the news. It's already hard to find the clothe you want your sims to wear but with everything :D
  • Options
    FluffusCanarusFluffusCanarus Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2016
    I am all for this! I think this will be interesting :D , I can just picture new storylines, gameplay, etc. Well done EA, you might have done something right
    In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.- Coco Chanel
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2016
    *sigh* Now I may actually buy the upcoming GP. I don't even play the game any more and my opinions on Sims 4 is not exactly positive, but I want to support this trend.

Edit: On second thought, I still only want to spend my gaming dollars on games I like. But still, I think this is good. I hated the limited makeup options for males. Now if only there was a color wheel or at least a slider for transparency so they didn't look like they fell into a makeup case with a trowel.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I absolutely love that idea, but i'm a bit confused about how it's gonna work out, i will be waiting for the patch before i judge anything.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm very uncomfortable with ts4 being this awesome.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    Yay to this not being applied to any NPCS (in theory of course, let's hope that's actually how it works.) That was my only concern, that practically every townie would be affected. I don't mind if there's some at all, but I wouldn't want this for everyone. Because that is not how it is in the real world. But I can deal with none if I want to create an exception I'm sure I can go in and edit it. Bring it on then I say.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I absolutely love that idea, but i'm a bit confused about how it's gonna work out, i will be waiting for the patch before i judge anything.

What it means in the end is less content for females and males. The price of two for one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

:)

Awesome change for people to whom this is important and life-affirming, fun change for people who want it for a bigger sandbox, and consideration for those who don't want it? What a win!

My parents think this is great too. :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

What it means in the end is less content for females and males. The price of two for one.

On the other hand we no longer have as much ground to object to lack of clothing for our males. (I didn't say "men's clothing" mind you....)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Please make it optional!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    People are already saying we're getting less content because of this, please stop spreading this. That might never change, they simply removed the barrier.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

On the other hand we no longer have as much ground to object to lack of clothing for our males. (I didn't say "men's clothing" mind you....)

Yes, but it's sly. LOL One hairstyle this month just apply it to both. That is money saving right there. Think about it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Awesome change for people to whom this is important and life-affirming, fun change for people who want it for a bigger sandbox, and consideration for those who don't want it? What a win!

Exactly. I can't figure out for the life of me what the objection could be. I mean, no matter what you feel about the whole subject, we're talking more CAS selections at the very least. Choice is an excellent thing.

If I ever play again, I'm making a Dr. Frank N Furter sim.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member

For anyone worried about this. So it won't be "shoved down anyone's throat".

I'm very excited about this feature, and how many people this will make happy and feel included.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    This is great for the people who wanted this but.....I'm gonna be really upset if there's no way to turn it off or prevent it because I do not want this in my game.
  • Options
    This is great for the people who wanted this but.....I'm gonna be really upset if there's no way to turn it off or prevent it because I do not want this in my game.

They've already said it won't show up on townies. I wish there were an option to turn that on, tbh. I'd like to see Colton randomly generated.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016
    Even as a gay man I have to sympathise with the viewpoint of people like Cinebar - I don't think the majority of Sim players were even remotely interested in this feature. I definitely wasn't.

I'd like some of the female jeans for males, but that's about it - and it seems to me like I'll just have a bunch of CAS items that I never use, which is already the case.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,920 Member
    I don't mind it other than hoping for an option for townies but that seems to have been answered by @SimGuruLyndsay above.

It looks like EA is aiming more at the older Simmers now rather than the12 year olds' market.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This change is really heartwarming to me. I can finally create Sims that I personally relate to, and that's something I've always wanted.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Even as a gay man I have to sympathise with the viewpoint of people like Cinebar - I don't think the majority of Sim players were even remotely interested in this feature. I definitely wasn't.

I'm not sure about that. For instance, the hair conversions seem to be very popular and people have been complaining about lack of makeup for males.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,317 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Yes, but it's sly. LOL One hairstyle this month just apply it to both. That is money saving right there. Think about it.

I guess I prefer to think about how much more variety my simmies will have. :)
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

Exactly. I can't figure out for the life of me what the objection could be. I mean, no matter what you feel about the whole subject, we're talking more CAS selections at the very least. Choice is an excellent thing.

If that is true there isn't any from me. But this team has a bad habit of creating bugs don't they? Like the townies who were all generating clown hair recently. Or if we can now switch genders so one can get pregnant then switch back I fear townies may get a bug where they swap often and today's female is tomorrow's male etc. before the get culled. I wait to see the bug complaints.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »

If that is true there isn't any from me. But this team has a bad habit of creating bugs don't they? Like the townies who were all generating clown hair recently. Or if we can now switch genders so one can get pregnant then switch back I fear townies may get a bug where they swap often and today's female is tomorrow's male etc. before the get culled. I wait to see the bug complaints.

Oh, the bugs will range from amusing to infuriating. I missed the clown hair one -- when I was playing, the combination was hotdog heads with tuxedos.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    @BlueBlack007 and @zeldagirl180 the game won't create them, so if you don't make that kind of sims, there won't be any of them in your game

God I hope you are right bout that, cause it would ruin the game for Me, I am happy for those who do want it, But it is not for Me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top