Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY CAN'T I TILT MY SCREEN?

I'm really annoyed. Before I could tilt my screen by holding down the wheel on my mouse and moving my mouse, but now it doesn't work. My wheel does work because I use it to go down on the screens. Now, using the wheel doesn't work and I am CONSTANTLY adjusting my screen depending on what my sims are doing. Now all's I can do is move the screen using < and >because the wheel on my mouse won't move that either.

I've tried going from Sims 3 and Sims 4 camera but it doesn't work either way. I've gone into setting and checked every single camera option and nothing happen. HELPPPPPPP

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Is your mouse wheel possibly going out? That's all I can think of, cause the mouse wheel still tilts for me in Sims 3 camera settings.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Is your mouse wheel possibly going out? That's all I can think of, cause the mouse wheel still tilts for me in Sims 3 camera settings.

I hope not, I've had my mouse over a year so maybe. I'll buy a new one soon and see if it works, for now I'll be content with the Sims 4 camera because it goes in and out as you zoom.
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    If you can't resolve the issue, you can use Ctrl + Up/Down arrows to tilt the screen as a keyboard shortcut (on Windows at least).
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Meepleep wrote: »

I hope not, I've had my mouse over a year so maybe. I'll buy a new one soon and see if it works, for now I'll be content with the Sims 4 camera because it goes in and out as you zoom.

Have you tried your mousewheel elsewhere before you go buying a new mouse? Which camera settings are you using? You might want to make sure you're using the proper controls before you blame your hardware.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    Sounds like a mouse issue to me.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Still works for me in sims 3 camera mode.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I had the same problem and it was the wheel going bad. I use it like crazy while building, trying see all the angles. Luckily for me, I get a discount at the electronic store through my work, so I got a new mouse on the cheap! Do you have a spare/test mouse to try?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    Yeah, could be a mouse issue. I had an issue with my right mouse button in game even tho it was totally fine when I was browsing the internet. Bought a new mouse and it's working fine in game again.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    I think that before completely assuming that it is a mouse issue, I would check and make sure your settings haven't been switch to the Sims 4 camera setting which doesn't allow you to tilt the screen that way. Good luck!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I had this issue. I had to reset the game folder and then transfer my stuff back in.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    If someone has this problem let me know if my suggestion above worked or not.

It fixed the problem for me last time but now my game is doing it again. Not sure if it is a mouse issue but then why does it temporally fix it for me when I do a folder reset? :/ At first I thought it was mods conflicting but after pulling out mods, clearing cache, and repairing game nothing worked until I tried the folder reset.

:star: I'm using the SteelSeries Sims 4 mouse if it helps. I know this mouse has some problems so I wouldn't be surprised if the mouse could be the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If someone has this problem let me know if my suggestion above worked or not.

It fixed the problem for me last time but now my game is doing it again. Not sure if it is a mouse issue but then why does it temporally fix it for me when I do a folder reset? :/ At first I thought it was mods conflicting but after pulling out mods, clearing cache, and repairing game nothing worked until I tried the folder reset.

:star: I'm using the SteelSeries Sims 4 mouse if it helps. I know this mouse has some problems so I wouldn't be surprised if the mouse could be the problem.

I don't know if this information will help you or not, but a little over a year ago I started having issues with my mouse. It wasn't wanting to scroll or tilt, movement was super choppy, menu's were slow to respond. It was a fairly new wireless mouse. I replaced the batteries (even though they were fairly new, too). It didn't help. I bought a new wireless mouse, same issues. So I thought... it has to be a game issue. I did all the trouble shooting steps (moving folders, repairing game, etc). Nothing helped.

For Christmas my son asked me what I wanted. I showed him a gaming mouse (wired) that I wanted. When it came, he left me have it early and my problems disappeared. So I disconnected that mouse, took my other sons regular wired mouse and tested it. No problems.

I don't know if it's still an issue in game, or if it's just an issue with my game, but for months my wireless mouse worked fine, then suddenly it didn't. (Ironically, my keyboard would mess up a bit, too, even though it was fairly new. When I'd start the game I'd have to open up the cheats window, then exit the cheats window and my keyboard would start working. I haven't had to do that in about a year now).

The point to tell you that... it might just be the game having an issue with your mouse (whether wired or wireless). If you have other mice hanging around (even other family members) just plug them in and give it a test. Try wired, try wireless... any combination available to you.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @ChelleJo Absolutely hate wirless anything but I was going to try my husbands mouse (also wired like mine). His mouse is new, just got it three days ago. I think it could just be the game even if I don't have the best mouse. Will test this out further.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Simasaurus09 I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you had to have a great mouse. My other sons that I tested was a very cheap, wired mouse (I think we paid like $10 for it). I'm sorry if I made it sound like that. :) I was just suggesting that my issue was with wireless, even though wireless previously worked. I was just saying that, at least with my game at that time, it came out of nowhere and I still don't know if it was a mouse issue or a game issue or a combo of both. But going wired worked for me. :)

I'm the opposite, in that I hate wired. I wish my mouse and keyboard were wireless. :D

Editted, cause apparently I typed 'wired" when I meant "wireless"
    Post edited by ChelleJo on
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you had to have a great mouse. My other sons that I tested was a very cheap, wired mouse (I think we paid like $10 for it). I'm sorry if I made it sound like that. :) I was just suggesting that my issue was with wired, even though wireless previously worked. I was just saying that, at least with my game at that time, it came out of nowhere and I still don't know if it was a mouse issue or a game issue or a combo of both. But going wired worked for me. :)

I'm the opposite, in that I hate wired. I wish my mouse and keyboard were wireless. :D
    It didn't sound like that at all. :) I was just insulting my mouse since I've had other problems with it before.

Well I just crawled under the desk and tried out his new mouse. It worked! Then I plugged mine back in and did the folder reset again. This time that trick didn't work. It seems to be my SteelSeries Sims 4 mouse. That is bad news... might just be a mouse thing and everyone here had the right idea.

• Options
    @Simasaurus09 Yay! I'm glad it worked! Bad news about the mouse, but at least you know the problem and can fix it now! :)
    p8L4V6v.png