Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your CC weakness?

Comments

• Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @GaiaHypothesis Thanks again for that link to the teeth
    freaking adorable

24g7jva.jpg

She looks great!!!!!! I love the teeth overlays. My favorites are the gap teeth and the baby teeth.

Screenshot-292_zps0eh8kyzk.jpg

M%2014_zpsodzxjj69.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • Options
    isabohama2011isabohama2011 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Well... I have a weakness for toddler toys and furniture it has to be functional though I'm someone who only buys something in the sims when it has a function, though I have downloaded enough items without a function. Also cribs you can't have too many cribs. Another thing is male clothing and hair, I'm female but I don't have anything with dresses and such,I have short hair. And I always have the hardest time with dressing up my female sims since they have a lot of stupid dresses and hair and *screams*, also when I'm looking for CC (usually on TSR) everything is that way and I don't like it. I have a hard time with dressing up my male sims because I have just too many CC to choose from, but still less trouble than with my female sims, There's a reason why my pregnant girls eat a lot of apples (or I help fortune a little with NRaas Master Controller). Help.... Also I have too many mods and I just can't get rid of them.... Also coming to this topic wasn't the smartest idea I guess I'll spend the day after tomorrow reading all comments looking for new CC, and that while I just got about everything from TSR and Modthesims. Help... is that support group still available?
    My origin Id is : isabohama2011
    funny-pictures-Doctor-Who-auto-words-479216.jpeg

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me.
  • Options
    KuroikazuchiKuroikazuchi Posts: 92 Member
    Skins, hair, hats and accessories
    And also cars, I have to download every japanese sports car I see ^_^"
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    Hey all, bumping this thread to show some new CC that I'm loving! I've decided that I'm going to add more CC to my uploads than I used to. I've made so many homes, that I'm getting tired of using the same stuff time and time again.

I want to make sure that I download from a place I trust, and download things that I can use on many lots, and little 'single' upload items so that it's easy to download the CC for my homes.

These abstract paintings are awesome, there's so so many variation in the upload. There are so few modern paintings in the game, I end up reusing the same ones over and over. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523743

Amarysauce has been pumping out plant recolors, which is really awesome, as the color selections of each plant in game is preceisely one.

http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=790762

I've used it on a few of my homes already. The windows are my obsession that I use on a lot of my builds too, but I won't link them since they're niche (for modern homes).

MTS_simsgal2227-1590011-Screenshot-4.jpg

I've also decided to download a kitchen and living set, but I won't link those again as they're modern.
  • Options
    xSheimiixSheimii Posts: 34 Member
    I'm always a sucker for hair. I want to download clutter but I'm no good with building houses honestly. I might just download one and then revamp it with clutter items though at some point in time!
    T71rSpb.jpg
    Simblr!
    I'm exclusively playing The Sims 3.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @simsgal2227, I love your builds!

I have that Colorful Picture Pack, and I use it all of the time! It comes in really handy as a lot of my sims' homes are more modern in style. I even used some of them to redo Bridgeport's Modern Art museum. :smile:

I guess that's another of my weaknesses, I love downloading paintings, pictures, and other wall art. It definitely feels as though there isn't enough in the game (especially when it comes to modern art), and I got tired of seeing the same few paintings in the game over and over again.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    @simsgal2227, I love your builds!

I have that Colorful Picture Pack, and I use it all of the time! It comes in really handy as a lot of my sims' homes are more modern in style. I even used some of them to redo Bridgeport's Modern Art museum. :smile:

I guess that's another of my weaknesses, I love downloading paintings, pictures, and other wall art. It definitely feels as though there isn't enough in the game (especially when it comes to modern art), and I got tired of seeing the same few paintings in the game over and over again.

I agree. When I updated my game and added my expansion packs and store content I decided to play for a while without most of the CC I have to see where I'd find holes in my game. Paintings is one area that despite having a lot of objects has two problems: one is that too much of it is junk like posters and two that much of it is way too niche and can be used only in limited settings.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I have to admit that because I play with walls down, I seldom notice paintings. :| If I ever upload anything to the exchange, I will be a lot more picky.

@simsgal2227, thank you for the link! :)
  • Options
    11184931118493 Posts: 20 Member
    I can NEVER get enough female hair. I had to delete a lot of them though since one of my packages was corrupting my game and I couldn't tell which one :(
  • Options
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    I have to admit that because I play with walls down, I seldom notice paintings. :| If I ever upload anything to the exchange, I will be a lot more picky.

I've never liked walls all the way down, I usually keep them midway because I enjoy seeing the inside walls of their homes. Of course even if I didn't paintings are still good for "decorated" moodlets. I just have to remember if I'm going to go remodeling their houses to put the walls all the way up because more than once I've ended up deleting stuff from the walls with the walls.
  • Options
    WooftheWolfieWooftheWolfie Posts: 388 Member
    I always need more hairstyles and I'm not sure why. I get female hairstyles because they look better and there's more of them. I like to get some clothing while I'm at it. I occasionally get worlds but I usually just use the EA ones. I'll probably switch to another one day. Like, a world edited to have better routing, I suppose? But no matter what I pretty much never get furniture or anything.
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    oh my god, its hair and clothes!
    those things tell the most about a person, so they're very important components in my game.

also, if anyone has maxis highlights hair sites to recommend i'll love you 5 ever!
    BSIRegina wrote: »

I've never liked walls all the way down, I usually keep them midway because I enjoy seeing the inside walls of their homes. Of course even if I didn't paintings are still good for "decorated" moodlets. I just have to remember if I'm going to go remodeling their houses to put the walls all the way up because more than once I've ended up deleting stuff from the walls with the walls.

@BSIRegina, Now that I think about it, I do tend to use the partial wall down when rotating, if that makes sense. I tend to pay more attention to walls in the baby/children's room. Such cute things from the store. And bathrooms. Apparently I do OK, my sims always have that 'beautifully furnished' moodlet, or whatever it's called. :)

I am looking forward to adding paintings; heaven knows I make the poor little guys paint until they get to 'brilliant' and save most of their paintings for hanging later.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got tons of CC from places like TSR and MTS.I've got tons of build and buy mode CC here.
    23771615542_1ff86877ca.jpg
    23879935745_c485bb598f.jpg
    23771568592_c4d0b78ab0.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson, 'here' as in your pics? It's really hard to tell what's going on; for me at least. Is it normal for the foundation to be blue? Is that a house? I think I recognize your cute little bunk beds... :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Just saw these on MTS while I was hunting for something else. Your Sims can have "Lazy Eye" or have "Fish-eyes"/"Cross-eyes". These are kinda old (June 2011) but I'm thinking about adding the teeth in as well and seeing what I get...

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=445119
    Lazy eye

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=444824
    Cross eyed
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    @TadOlson, 'here' as in your pics? It's really hard to tell what's going on; for me at least. Is it normal for the foundation to be blue? Is that a house? I think I recognize your cute little bunk beds... :)

To me it looks like the house doesn't have a foundation, it's carpeting or some such put directly on the ground and it appears the walls match it.
    BSIRegina wrote: »

@BSIRegina, Now that I think about it, I do tend to use the partial wall down when rotating, if that makes sense. I tend to pay more attention to walls in the baby/children's room. Such cute things from the store. And bathrooms. Apparently I do OK, my sims always have that 'beautifully furnished' moodlet, or whatever it's called. :)

I am looking forward to adding paintings; heaven knows I make the poor little guys paint until they get to 'brilliant' and save most of their paintings for hanging later.

Oh, some of those nursery sets from the store are so adorable! Before I finished my store grab I had to snag most of them.

It's also one of the reasons I like open floor plans for kitchen, dining and living but it also doesn't seem terribly difficult to get the best moodlet from it. I do sometimes end up running short on space for decor objects so I especially like paintings in those cases.
  • Options
    danibostoniandanibostonian Posts: 145 Member
    @GabbyGirlJ, I started playing again (after several years) and made the mistake of D/L one item from the exchange. I had the hardest time getting rid of the stripper boots.

As for CC at reputable sites, I have d/l from MTS. ( just installed 3 EPs and a SP) and have my hands full learning all over again.
    In Sims 2, I was the queen of CC and will probably be again someday! :)

Nooooo the boots! I have them and the centaur. I need some help :s
  • Options
    danibostoniandanibostonian Posts: 145 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I am addicted to ATS3. I love all of the stuff from over there even though I don't have everything downloaded. I love for my Sims to have clutter sitting around their houses as it makes their house like someone is living in them and not look like model homes where everything in in their place... :)

I use the plates and the tableware stuff to make my Sims table look my inviting than just a plain table. Some of the present boxes around the Christmas tree is CC from that site... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

The couch and coffee table is from the Alpine set that is on ATS3 along with the boots sitting by the door... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

I love using the food from the Grocery Store set ATS3 has to make pantries in my Sims Houses... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I also love using the Beauty Salon stuff to add to my Sims dressers and bathroom such as the nail care stuff and the curling iron on this dresser... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

This picture has the art supplies from there along with the stuff from the University Life EP... :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

ATS3 Is my CC addiction too! So easy to download and so good quality!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've avoided CC this time around. I overloaded ts2 with it.
    Well, I avoided it until about a week ago. And when I found this thread, I went on a binge.
    I'm now craming all I can into ts3.
    I love clutter. And grunge, and medieval/historical themed stuff.
    My sims are all becoming medieval pesants, with cluttered hovels.
    I also have some slighty adult themed mods. >.>
    Useful for pesant gals to make money at the local inn.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    I like ATS3 as well. I have lots of it now. I haven't used most of it yet though.
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    I really have a thing for industrial style furniture and architecture; that and Urban and Rustic. I am a magpie for stuff like that-- I love looking at interior design blogs and on Pinterest and modeling Sims homes after that. I also have a thing for good quality CAS items, basically anything I can customize and create whatever vision I have in mind -- in game. I also am into the Scandinavian interior I see in a lot of Swedish apartment photosets with the white walls, then all the furniture and typology posters. Also, IKEA! Glass floors as also a must, and I ab-use that. Also, the facial enhancement makeup like eye bags, mouth corners, pores and such. I like giving people depth and character. Also, sliders! I have an aversion to the 0 slider 'pudding' look so everyone is tweaked to the nth degree.
  • Options
    TheSimsFan96TheSimsFan96 Posts: 102 Member
    Love custom clothing, especially shoes for sims! Seriously, they needed so many more unique shoes for the game, love the CC shoes for females, learning how to make my own type of CC shoes as well, and also pants where you can actually wear certain shoes from Expansion packs (especially World Adventures and Pets) with without the shoes hideously blending through your sims pants! If you can also count mods, I definitely do have a weakness for mods ;)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
  • Options
    MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    I'd say cc hair is my Achilles' heel... but I'm so determined to have a lighter game that I'm actually using some EA hair (ugh!) on my sims.

Every time I use an EA hair (and even like it on my Sim) I feel like such a brave and despoiled simmer. It's almost liberating. LOL
    The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5