Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paint All The Paintings!!!

My sim recently quit her job (her family has $14.5 million so she totally can). She's become obsessed with painting. She wants to paint every possible painting in the game! 3 questions...

Can it be done?
Has it been done?
Just how many paintings does this take?

Your help is greatly appreciated :)
To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think it can be done, but you have to cheat your Sim's skill back down at times because some paintings can only be painted at a lower skill level.
    It has been done, there is someone on the Gallery who put them all in rooms and everything - I don't know their name, but if you search for "painting" on the Gallery you may just be able to find them.
    A lot of paintings, your Sim will undoubtedly paint duplicates before painting the final missing one.

I seem to vaguely recall someone having a thread on this showcasing all of them, but I can't seem to find it right now.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    I think it can be done, but you have to cheat your Sim's skill back down at times because some paintings can only be painted at a lower skill level.
    It has been done, there is someone on the Gallery who put them all in rooms and everything - I don't know their name, but if you search for "painting" on the Gallery you may just be able to find them.
    A lot of paintings, your Sim will undoubtedly paint duplicates before painting the final missing one.

I seem to vaguely recall someone having a thread on this showcasing all of them, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Exactly this :)
  • Options
    Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    I have quite a bit of duplicates so far but I just keep the most expensive ones. My ultimate goal is to paint a masterpiece of every painting. That stinks about the skill level. Does anyone know what the missable paintings are?
    To be gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely, all you have to do is to believe that one is gorgeous and high and true and fine and fluffy and moist and sticky and lovely.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    If you have the latest EP 'get together' you can start a painting club and have them meet in your home , that's an extra 7 painters!!. My sim has so many paintings now and whenever she ends up with a double she sells the cheaper one. The only problem is that I am running out of wall space.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    If you have the latest EP 'get together' you can start a painting club and have them meet in your home , that's an extra 7 painters!!. My sim has so many paintings now and whenever she ends up with a double she sells the cheaper one. The only problem is that I am running out of wall space.

oh great idea!

all i can add is i think there are about 400 paintings in total http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/798474/list-of-paintings/p1 and some very nice simmers have already uploaded them as rooms if you want to use as a reference
  • Options
    @ceejay402 400 paintings ??okay my sims going to need a bigger house. :o
    12-29-15_11-24-25nbspAM_zpszrlakoh6.png
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options

ha! you could build a big basement! :D
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited December 2015
    @Kal_T0rak There's a great thread on Carl's site that shows all the paintings. carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23944.0.html
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

That sounds like a fun challenge- Do it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Mmm I wanna do this, but I think sims won't paint any paintings below their skill level. Please correct me if I'm wrong
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    They won't @Orchid13 so you have to use a cheat to down-skill the sim until you have all the paintings at that particular level. :)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    They won't @Orchid13 so you have to use a cheat to down-skill the sim until you have all the paintings at that particular level. :)

Oh ok ! Thank you :) no wonder I've had so many repeats :/ my sim is level 10 haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Vsims44Vsims44 Posts: 93 Member
    > @Frn0731 said:
    > If you have the latest EP 'get together' you can start a painting club and have them meet in your home , that's an extra 7 painters!!. My sim has so many paintings now and whenever she ends up with a double she sells the cheaper one. The only problem is that I am running out of wall space.

I will definitely start a club like that! Awesome idea!
    Sims 1, 2, 3, 4
  • Options
    @Kal_T0rak There's a great thread on Carl's site that shows all the paintings. carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23944.0.html

too bad carl's site is now overrun with pop up ads :( i now avoid at all cost what a shame
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @ceejay402 I don't see any pop up ads ever!! That's so weird...

*are you registered? I am and never see ads like that at all. It's one of my fav sites 'cos everyone is so friendly and the guides are awesome.

I found this post from carl @ceejay402 carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,25400.msg0.html#new So I guess he's having some issues. Least he's trying to fix them though.

• Options
    Kal_T0rakKal_T0rak Posts: 172 Member
    edited December 2015

Thanks for that, It will be perfect for helping me keep track of what I need!
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I have a 2nd level basement that is just for my evil sim's secret lair and my collectibles showroom and I live on a 64x64 lot so I have lots of room!

I think that's a great idea! I'm definitely going to start one.
  • Options
    @ceejay402 I don't see any pop up ads ever!! That's so weird...

*are you registered? I am and never see ads like that at all. It's one of my fav sites 'cos everyone is so friendly and the guides are awesome.

I found this post from carl @ceejay402 carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,25400.msg0.html#new So I guess he's having some issues. Least he's trying to fix them though.

thank you for finding that thread! so very helpful and glad to know those annoying ads arent on purpose. i will see if i can change my web browser settings. i hate blocking all ads since i know ads to help with the cost of running such great sites. and if nothing else ill register there, thanks again!
  • Options
    Kal_T0rak wrote: »

Thanks for that, It will be perfect for helping me keep track of what I need!
    ceejay402 wrote: »

I have a 2nd level basement that is just for my evil sim's secret lair and my collectibles showroom and I live on a 64x64 lot so I have lots of room!

I think that's a great idea! I'm definitely going to start one.

love it!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    You can paint by reference (i.e. from a picture you take with a camera) so technically it's probably impossible to paint every single painting, unless you take pictures of every single bit of the worlds, which even then can and will change as you update houses and such, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    You can paint by reference (i.e. from a picture you take with a camera) so technically it's probably impossible to paint every single painting, unless you take pictures of every single bit of the worlds, which even then can and will change as you update houses and such, lol.

Here's one of my favorite paintings. I took a picture and painted it. Then I hung up the painting, took a picture, and painted that. Then just keep repeating.

04-01-15_12-06nbspPM_zpsdvwedchc.png
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    and then after pain painstakingly capturing each and every different bit of worlds there will be a new world in the next EP GAHHHH
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    There should be a mod for sims to paint any painting no matter what skill level!!! Or at least for level 10 painters! I run a retail store that sells paintings so that would be pretty cool!
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    I've completed all the high level Classic paintings, and I am trying to use the cheat to lower my painting skill, with no luck.

Control+Shift+C

Testing Cheats True

Stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Painting 1

Is anything in there incorrect?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Once testingcheats on... is on> Type Stats.set_skill_level major_Painting x with X being the level of skill you'd like the selected Sim to be. You don't need the word 'adult' in there.

• Options
    It was the testing cheats I had wrong, there should be no space. The skill cheat works with 'Adult', but if I can skip it, that would be a real time saver. It seems low level Classic paintings can only be done at level 1, 2, and 3, then you move on to medium level paintings. I've been using the cheat a lot!