Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet: Pets Won't Be Objects

Comments

• Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    this is how the pets of Sims 4 might be
    4984945289_97b5ca21f7.jpg

only costumes not objects :#
    You can have animal parties!

lmao.....

*Flatlines*..
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    GreenXen wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

If you notice that tweet from Lyndsay was last year right be fore the game even came out. So of course they were proud of it before we saw it. or did you not notice August 2014 on the tweet. That was right before the 2014 Gamescom.

People are judging because the babies are still tied to the crib and they claim this is because they cannot untie them because of multi-tasking interfers with them being carried around - so then how do explain if pets will be normal pets then how is it they can carry small pets, puppies and kittens in and out a house with the same multi-tasking but not carry babies from the crib. If the pets are totally normal then there is no excuse that babies cannot be untied from that bassinet - other wise you are not getting the whole truth. Puppies, kittens, small dogs and small cats have to be carried up and down curbs and steps - and now the whole town has curbs - so that does not make sense to me they can do one and not the other - which tells me if they fixed it then untie the babies.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The tweet, the kind of questions the developers are getting is a big proof how backwards this game has dragged the franchise.

Never in TS1, TS2, and TS3 a player would ask or fear that pets will be pure object! The fear and the mistrust are very valid because when a sim's baby can be an object why not the pets?

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they did.

They say they are:

If you notice that tweet from Lyndsay was last year right be fore the game even came out. So of course they were proud of it before we saw it. or did you not notice August 2014 on the tweet.

I know what the date was. I remember the tweet when it came out as I already pointed out earlier in the thread. Or did you not notice that?

I'm not sure why people think that they're pointing out something new or relevant. Like I said, you may not have known what the game was, but she did.

Plus, she's still saying she's proud:

Also, if we're bringing this up again. I wasn't saying that it was sad that she was proud of the game. I think the way the statement was made was sad in how defensive it came across.
  • Options
    I'm trying to imagine where/how they can even make pets, you know... fit. I mean, a cat in a house, okay, but in the world? Hm....

What do you mean fit in the world? Stray cats wandering the neighborhood? Dogs and squirrels in the parks? Horses in the woodsy area of Outdoor Retreat?

Horses need grasses not trees and bushes to survive in the wild so they would not be wise to put them in OR. You are thinking of deer and woodsy creatures. Horses eat grasses - hay, they sun a lot - they don't particularly hang around trees ever - my grandparents horses were always out in the fields laying in the Sun even in Georgia where it is hot - really hot, and hardly ever ventured into the woodsy area of the farm which there was a lot as my grandparents had fruit and nut orchids, plum and peach trees and a bunch of other trees. But in 500 acres the 7 horses they kept rarely went near the trees. When it got too hot they went down to the pond and stood in the water or went to the barns.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    aclavo wrote: »
    aclavo wrote: »

The developers can claim anything this game is but one thing I am sure is that they are not proud of what they developed.

I think it speaks more of those posing the question rather than the game itself. Why would anyone think pets would be objects to begin with?

Because babies are due to logistic difficulties and other constraints. So, why would pets not be subject to the same problems?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962/#Comment_12642962

Now you're being silly. There is nothing wrong with the babies as they are, at least now I don't have to look around the house to because the baby was put outside on the ground. I wouldn't even equate the two, it's apples and oranges.

have you played Sims 2? Were your babies every just left around the house? Mine weren't. In Sims 3 there are no babies lying abandoned in my world. And when my sims visit each other the babies are either in their cribs or swings or someone is holding them (at times). Never have I had to go searching for them.

I once thought my game was glitched when I saw four Babies in the Park.... during Winter.... in the Snow... lol good thing their Burrito Blankets kept them warm, not sure how some Sim Parents haven't been contacted by Social Services yet...

That's a sign you game was corrupted as Sims 3 in particular if a baby or toddler is laid down on the ground and a parent or care taker walks away they were immediatedly whisked away home to their cribs and you are notified the game called a baby sitter. So if you found babies alone in the park either you had a messed up mod or a corrupted game. My sims cannot walk away from their infants or toddlers for a minute in sims 3. I don't use mods or CC in Sims 3 and it even tells you that is supposed to happen in the game info. You cannot abandone Sims 3 babies or toddlers.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm trying to imagine where/how they can even make pets, you know... fit. I mean, a cat in a house, okay, but in the world? Hm....

What do you mean fit in the world? Stray cats wandering the neighborhood? Dogs and squirrels in the parks? Horses in the woodsy area of Outdoor Retreat?

Horses need grasses not trees and bushes to survive in the wild so they would not be wise to put them in OR. You are thinking of deer and woodsy creatures. Horses eat grasses - hay, they sun a lot - they don't particularly hang around trees ever - my grandparents horses were always out in the fields laying in the Sun even in Georgia where it is hot - really hot, and hardly ever ventured into the woodsy area of the farm which there was a lot as my grandparents had fruit and nut orchids, plum and peach trees and a bunch of other trees. But in 500 acres the 7 horses they kept rarely went near the trees. When it got too hot they went down to the pond and stood in the water or went to the barns.

No, I'm not. I'm thinking about where the open space is in the game to accommodate horses would be, and Outdoor Retreat is one place.

Horses do eat grass, but some gravitate to and live in forests where there is also grass. Horseback riding through forests is a usual past time in some places.

Post edited by greenXen on
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    No way to predict what it means. I don't want pets, until we have our toddlers.

Agree 100%
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    this is how the pets of Sims 4 might be
    4984945289_97b5ca21f7.jpg

only costumes not objects :#
    You can have animal parties!

LOL :D I almost choked on my noodles.
    Love catdog.
    This is why we need an lol button xd.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    paramourn wrote: »
    So, they can make functioning animals but not a functioning human life stage?

This is what I was coming to post after reading it. It's disgraceful. They can make Pets that aren't objects but babies are stuck in a crib forever and there's not a toddler in sight.
    It's just as appalling as Sims 3, when they allowed bathing your cat and dog, but never babies or toddlers.

Priorities.
    Get some.

Now that you guys are writing this... It's funny how they can say that for pets, but wont speak about toddlers and are still only mulling the idea around, but you "know" they already have no doubt they want to do a pets ep. It really sucks we can't just get them to start work on the life stage. :(

Then the idea that pets won't be tied to anything, but babies are... I dont want any "living" thing stuck to another object.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

No, I'm not. I'm thinking about where the open space is in the game to accommodate horses would be, and Outdoor Retreat is one place.

Horses do eat grass, but some gravitate to and live in forests where there is also grass. Horseback riding through forests is a usual past time in some places.

I have been an avid horseback rider since I was 7 - and that is how we got all over grandma's farm is on horseback - but the horses always roamed away from the trees to grassy - sunny spots to munch on grasses. Granted maybe horses in other countries do things differently but I assure you I see no horses here in the White Mountain National forest where I have lived here for 12 years. Lots of deer, moose, bears, raccoons, skunks, foxes, mountain lions, Bobcats -even a few Coyotes now and then and other little creatures - but no horses. Plenty of farms around with open pastures and horses but none up here in the forest. It is a different story when a rider rides them on horse trails along the wilderness trails - they do not go to those places on their own though. They like the fields. Grasses do not grow well in the forest. I know how much we spent trying to grow a darn lawn. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    @Writin_Reg I would love to know what you think they'd do with Pets?
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I would love to know what you think they'd do with Pets?

At this point I just have no idea. I never dreamed they tie an infant to a crib - so I would not even try to guess. But the way they talked about the difficulties they have with multi-tasking and why the babies cannot be carried around I do question then if pets will have babies and how they plan to work that out so they can be carried in and out of houses with steps for potty training or going places. All I could picture is something like the Sims Apartment pets as a place where baby pets had to stay until they grew up instead of pets as they have been previously.

But honestly I have no idea and there are no hints I have came across in any of the game files I have anyway. I also do not have all the packs and such - so not sure if that matters or not but it may.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    @Writin_Reg Thank you for responding. :) I agree it's a shame babies are tied to an object but do you think perhaps they'll fix multi-tasking for Pets, and possibly free babies from the cribs?
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg Thank you for responding. :) I agree it's a shame babies are tied to an object but do you think perhaps they'll fix multi-tasking for Pets, and possibly free babies from the cribs?

LOL, had you asked me 6 month or more ago, I would have guessed yes - that they would have to as a lot of people are upset about it - but after all this time with no other solutions for us many family style players - even though I keep hoping - at the same time I have given up expecting they will do anything on that order where it seems to be working fine - even if many people hate it. I do believe they may do more than they did directly under Rachel - so for us I think it is a good thing she is no longer in the position she was in - so that is promising for them to at least try. All I can say is my fingers are crossed - as there are tons of pet lovers out there that love pets in the game as they are used to having them. So I do hope so.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't think that multitasking will be 'fixed' to allow for sims to carry puppies, small dogs, kittens or cats. My best guess is that they'll find some workaround such as puppies and kittens will be like the babies but the adult pets will not. I am guessing that if they even allow breeding, the puppy/kitten will be in a kennel or pen from which the sim can pick up and cuddle and then poof - they'll be grown pets that can't be picked up either. I don't see pets being controllable and while I am 100% ok with that, the option would be nice for those who do micromanage. I use the option in TS3 to not ever control my pets, most of the time it never even occurs to me that I can, I direct my sim to take care of the pets.

Now I know they said pets wont be like babies so what I am thinking will happen doesn't seem likely, yes I read the tweet. So if I had to guess further, I would say there will be no breeding of pets. You order one from a pet adoption service on your phone or create on in CAS but the option to buy or create a puppy/kitten will not be available. Because I really don't see the developers figuring out how to handle pets after stating that the sim baby itself is too much of a hassle to untie from the bassinet.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I don't think that multitasking will be 'fixed' to allow for sims to carry puppies, small dogs, kittens or cats. My best guess is that they'll find some workaround such as puppies and kittens will be like the babies but the adult pets will not. I am guessing that if they even allow breeding, the puppy/kitten will be in a kennel or pen from which the sim can pick up and cuddle and then poof - they'll be grown pets that can't be picked up either. I don't see pets being controllable and while I am 100% ok with that, the option would be nice for those who do micromanage. I use the option in TS3 to not ever control my pets, most of the time it never even occurs to me that I can, I direct my sim to take care of the pets.

Now I know they said pets wont be like babies so what I am thinking will happen doesn't seem likely, yes I read the tweet. So if I had to guess further, I would say there will be no breeding of pets. You order one from a pet adoption service on your phone or create on in CAS but the option to buy or create a puppy/kitten will not be available. Because I really don't see the developers figuring out how to handle pets after stating that the sim baby itself is too much of a hassle to untie from the bassinet.

Id hate that!! I love seeing the little puppies and kittens running around there so dinky and cute because there so small. I also hope pets can breed. I agree about not controlling the pets, i never did that in the sims 3 and hated that they added it as technically there wasn't anything to actually do as a pet.
  • Options
    Well, there was but I don't remember everything. I remember sending my sim dog to the park to swim in a fountain and also go hunting. I had to do these things now and again because when I was actively trying to kill off a sim, the darned dog would plead with Grim for my sim's life and all that work would be undone so I had to at times keep the dog otherwise occupied. I did end up with a few collections from the dog and they were really good at finding the nice gems. But other than taking care of needs and playing with toys and peeing on paparazzi they didn't have enough to do. I did also come across the family dog out and about trying to get neighbors to answer their doors so he could beg for treats and stuff.
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimmerDiabolicalSimmer Posts: 84 Member
    I wouldn't actually mind babies being objects if they didn't look and behave like objects. They move around a little bit more than in TS3 but they have square heads, the details on them are as awful as TS3 babies. their faces are a blur, then you go into buydebug and you can even buy one from the menu.. what is this plum?

You leave to go to work and they just vanish.

Seriously? it ruins the immersion that these are little baby sims, they don't seem human at all. I age them up asap cause I can't stand them.
  • Options
    I wouldn't actually mind babies being objects if they didn't look and behave like objects. They move around a little bit more than in TS3 but they have square heads, the details on them are as awful as TS3 babies. their faces are a blur, then you go into buydebug and you can even buy one from the menu.. what is this plum?

You leave to go to work and they just vanish.

Seriously? it ruins the immersion that these are little baby sims, they don't seem human at all. I age them up asap cause I can't stand them.

I agree. It does ruin immersion when in order to interact with the baby you have to click on the bassinet. And the bassinet gets the relationship points, those little '++'s' I dislike that they need to be returned to the bassinet between each and every interaction, something they hoped would be a quick fix back in the beginning but since it hasn't happened yet, I'm kind of doubting it will.

There will be all kinds of heck breaking loose if they do manage to have pets carryable and leave babies as bassinets.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2015
    Wait, wut? They announced pets? Did I miss something? If they didn't I feel we're focussing on the wrong part of the tweet here.

They did *not* announce Pets. They answered the question will pets be objects.

If you noticed my questions at the bottom I did ask if people thought that we might not be getting pets, which could also be an explanation as to why they were able to answer so early and definitely. :)

I just want to add that I agree with this. I have grave doubts they will even make pets at all. If they can't make babies untied from the crib or toddlers because it would take too much work and be too complex due to the way they implemented multi-tasking, why on earth would they decide to go to the work and effort to make pets, which would require just as much work, complexity, and effort? That just does not make sense.

Also included at no charge, a bonus pic: ;)

21848095878_455c7ed7bb_c.jpg
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Blueboy2323Blueboy2323 Posts: 179 Member
    They did *not* announce Pets. They answered the question will pets be objects.

If you noticed my questions at the bottom I did ask if people thought that we might not be getting pets, which could also be an explanation as to why they were able to answer so early and definitely. :)
    Fair enough, it could mean pets won't exist whatsoever but that'd be a jerk move to pull without coming out and saying "they will never exist" off the bat. Just a bit strange people aren't talking about the fact they've 80% confirmed pets at some point with that tweet.

Then again when I think about it it's no real surprise that pets are happening eventually. *shrug*
    p3herocutin0mj8n.png
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I'd like to add that just because they said pets wouldn't be objects doesn't mean we will be able to carry them around. If fixing babies was a priority for them, they would be working on it. So regardless if we gets pets, don't look forward to your sims being able to carry them. That's too much work that the developers have already expressed is not worth it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2015
    Plum I miss the disagree butron!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Plum I miss the disagree butron!!

I'm with ya. Unfortunately the mods think we are children who can't handle being disagreed with, so they leave 3 agree buttons. I think they should just remove all of the buttons in general.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Iam pretty sure they all have pets so they care a lot way more then they care about toddlers on getting them in game as good as possioble
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2