Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many packs you did not buy for The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I bought the base, OR, & GTW back when I believed the "future is bright" and "stable foundation capable of fulfilling all of your wishes." My "something's fishy" meter started to ping with the interview last Spring, how they were "exploring" toddlers, and only got worse with Gamescom and the latest interview. So I haven't bought anything else, and have no plans to buy future content. If they surprise us, turn things around, and my concerns are addressed, great. I'll happily go back to supporting the game. If not, my gaming budget continues to go elsewhere.
  • Options
    ArcanaJArcanaJ Posts: 63 Member
    I didn't buy:

Luxury Party
    Cool Kitchen
    Perfect Patio (Though, I may still get this later)

I won't be buying:

Get Together
    "No mater what happens Mon-Fri, if I can wake up on Saturday without having beaten someone to death with my keyboard, it was a good week."
    -Me
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I brought everything, and ready for more!
  • Options
    RebcoonRebcoon Posts: 157 Member
    I only bought Get to work. I would love to try Spa day and the hot tub from Perfect patio. But I only care for physical copies so that's not going to happen. I will not buy anything else until I see what I desire (And that's not Get together) :smile:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Only one I've skipped so far is Spooky Stuff, though some of the outfits are tempting -- I may go ahead and get it when Get Together drops if I decide to do a supernatural fan cosplay group. I do like that pumpkin carving builds Handiness skill -- that might be another reason to go for it. Wonder if the carved pumpkins can be sold in either Buy Mode or a store?

Don't know enough about Modern Life Stuff to say yay or nay -- depends on the content.

I will likely be getting Get Together -- the group dynamics concept is too good for me to pass up. I think it'll really liven up my current game play.

Haven't really used much of the Party Stuff pack, but I use a lot of content from every other pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I buy everything. I'm a good little consumer, I guess. I'm not a gaming person at all, but I played sims freeplay on my phone last year and liked it so much I decided to get sims 4 last Feb. to see if I liked it. I loved playing it so much I bought everything that was already out within a few weeks.
    For me something in the $10-$20 range once a month is not a big deal, I spend so much time playing sims 4, it seems cheap for the hours of game play I get out of it.
    Honestly, some of the stuff I hardly use at all, but I like having it anyway!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I bought only the base game and won't buy anything else.

Who is disagreeing with me? How funny! I really, truly do have only the base game! Honest!

Try not to let it get to you. Hugs
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    None. I've bought them all. In the ebd they all had something to recommend them for the price involved.
  • Options
    oliveoatsoliveoats Posts: 31 Member
    I haven't bought any stuff packs or EPs other than Get to Work, because poor college student needs to eat. I have two job interviews next week, though. If I do get one of the jobs, I may treat myself to Outdoor Retreat on my first paycheck, and later would be interested in getting Spa Day and Kitchen Stuff when they go on sale. I definitely will be using Christmas money for Get Together, as well.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I have not purchased:
    Kitchen Stuff

I'll continue to purchase content that I will use and looks enjoyable for my style of play.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    I got everything except spooky stuff, not interested in Halloween at all, only go out for my children so they can have a good time... I'm on the fence with get together , I wanna see more and get more excited, if at the end of this month I'm super excited with what they shown, I'll probably get it
  • Options
    jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    I bought the base, OR, & GTW back when I believed the "future is bright" and "stable foundation capable of fulfilling all of your wishes." My "something's fishy" meter started to ping with the interview last Spring, how they were "exploring" toddlers, and only got worse with Gamescom and the latest interview. So I haven't bought anything else, and have no plans to buy future content. If they surprise us, turn things around, and my concerns are addressed, great. I'll happily go back to supporting the game. If not, my gaming budget continues to go elsewhere.

I can't help but think of a shady tactic some companies use to draw sales: 'Bait n' Switch'. This situation reminds me of it for some strange reason. :D

OP I haven't bought anything related to TS4, though I do like the looks of Spooky Stuff. I wish they had a similar pack for Sims 3.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Why there are some people just hitting the disagree button like that? I and many other players did not express our opinions or anything. It is just saying what I bought and what I didn't
    So when I say I did not buy spooky stuff what is there to disagree about it? Well, you can buy me one if you are disagreeing and prove yourself right. lol

Don't let it bother you. This forum has a group that I like to think of as our own little special snowflakes. They have a problem seeing the difference between what is a post to disagree with or not and a post that is something that is actually appropriate to disagree or not with.

Then again they might disagree with your decision to pass on Spooky stuff because you, like me, think it's a waste of time and or money. Maybe they could send you the money to buy the pack and that way you could save your money and they would be happy that you bought it?

I don't like snow.

Who is disagreeing with me? How funny! I really, truly do have only the base game! Honest!

Try not to let it get to you. Hugs

Thanks, I really did think it was funny I got "disagrees" for the post!

• Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    I have not bought anything Sims 4 and won't because I have no interest in it at all. I'm sticking with TS3.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I bought the base game. I haven't bought anything past the base game (even though there seem to be some really good packs) because I am unhappy with the game at this time.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I've bought them all so far although I'm totally waiting for a lot more information about Get Together before buying that.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    Is there a "wish I didn't buy" option? Luxury Party is the worst in my opinion. I didn't buy Cool Kitchens or Spooky Stuff.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I don't know what I didn't buy because I didn't buy it ;) (don't remember them all)
    I bought Outdoor Retreat, GTW and Spa. The rest I didn't buy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I'll buy everything the Sims 4 has to offer. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Ava_Rose86Ava_Rose86 Posts: 116 Member
    I have the base game & GTW, I really want Spa Day but other than that until they fix the game to make it more enjoyable for my play style, I don't plan on buying anymore packs.
  • Options
    daffniadaffnia Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't buy only three SPs: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio and Spooky Stuff, because I'm not very interested in them. I decided to wait until they'll be on sale at least half price. I didn't preorder GT, want to know more about content that will be in it before I buy.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

There will always be people disagreeing. You can state a plain fact and you'll get disagreed with around here, from the games haters and supporters.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    QueenBubbleMummyQueenBubbleMummy Posts: 17 New Member
    I have not bought Cool Kitchen and I will not buy Spooky Stuff but my daughter plays too so will have to buy it for her. Yeah I have to buy a lot of the packs twice as we both play often at the same time on our own laptops, so it costs me a fortune. Will probably have to buy Get Together twice too. Thanks EA.
  • Options
    QueenBubbleMummyQueenBubbleMummy Posts: 17 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > None, just base game. Toddlers are my deal breaker and no news of them ever returning, so yeah my personal decision. Cities Skylines however is taunting my wallet.

Haha! My son got me on to City Skyline. Love that game. Very addictive!
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I only purchased Outdoor Retreat & Get To Work.

No plans to spend another dime on Sims 4.