Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else wish EA and Maxis would just scrap Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Beardedgeek, this may sound like a strange question, but is that puppet Angel as your avatar?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    @Beardedgeek, this may sound like a strange question, but is that puppet Angel as your avatar?

Not an angel.
    It's concept art for the upcoming Henson movie "Happytime Murders", a movie I am very excited about. This is the main character, a muppet PI.
    Think of the movie as "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" but with muppets instead of cartoons, and far more grim.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I am starting to feel less and less empathy towards the "Toddler People". It's like if people were still filling message boards with comments on how Bioware and EA should die because of the ME3 ending. And nobody... No wait, people totally are. My bad.

It was a legitimate complaint, once. Still forming virtual picket lines on this forum is... a little sad, really.
    Then what does that say about YOUR complaints - about others?
    You have made the disparaging comments about others, more than once.
    What is it called again, when you think it's acceptable to act differently - than you expect others to?... :*

I myself, couldn't care less how many times someone says they love or hate something.

But I DO take offense to :
    *seeing posts telling others to shut up & go away if you think differently,
    * name-calling & cursing.
    (yes, sadly, some people on these forums actually have the gall to post curse words & vulgarity at others, and somehow, I don't see them being reprimanded..So much bias...)
  • Options
    Ahh, sound pretty cool! I loved "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit"! I asked if it were Angel from Buffy because they did an ep. where he was turned into a muppet.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The spa GP was literally the best thing they've ever made. The details in that are truly amazing.

Maybe that's some hope for the future. I've seen a lot of people say it's been the best content so far.

Yes, it is, for this game. But was it right to release this with so many needing toddlers? or deviant play, and going to places where they can go as a group (not social groups) to bowl, play ball, even just catch, etc. or anything physical? I would have held off on this GP until I had fleshed out the game, even if that meant six more months before I was ready to add in physical activities, places to go together, such as a restaurant and add in toddlers and flesh out other life stages so they aren't all the same. But that would mean boredom for many I guess, since there isn't much to do in this game but chores and lists, and collecting to do more chores and lists.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I am starting to feel less and less empathy towards the "Toddler People". It's like if people were still filling message boards with comments on how Bioware and EA should die because of the ME3 ending. And nobody... No wait, people totally are. My bad.

It was a legitimate complaint, once. Still forming virtual picket lines on this forum is... a little sad, really.

What a shame. I'm sure we will cope without your empathy, but thanks :)

It remains a legitimate complaint while the complaint remains unresolved. It doesn't just disappear because you find it annoying.

The point is that if you want leather seats in your car, but your model can't be bough with them, you get disappointed. For a while.
    Toddlers are not in the game. I know it. You know it. Santa's grandmother's cousin knows it. The "complaint is unresolved" in the same way as "the complaint that my pizza place won't serve pepsi, only coke" is "unresolved".

EA and Maxis do not "owe" you toddlers. They have said "sorry, no toddlers". Now you might be grumpy about it, but you can't argue that "they haven't solved the problem".

We will agree to disagree. Rachel Franklin very carefully worded that blog initially to keep our preorders and sales by adding the caveat *at launch* in regards to pools and toddlers. They confirmed this by then releasing those pools post release. So where are the toddlers? It's no different.
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    It doesn't matter if it's fair or not -- it's not going to happen. The game has sold too well; EA has no reason to scrap it.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The spa GP was literally the best thing they've ever made. The details in that are truly amazing.

Maybe that's some hope for the future. I've seen a lot of people say it's been the best content so far.

Yes, it is, for this game. But was it right to release this with so many needing toddlers? or deviant play, and going to places where they can go as a group (not social groups) to bowl, play ball, even just catch, etc. or anything physical? I would have held off on this GP until I had fleshed out the game, even if that meant six more months before I was ready to add in physical activities, places to go together, such as a restaurant and add in toddlers and flesh out other life stages so they aren't all the same. But that would mean boredom for many I guess, since there isn't much to do in this game but chores and lists, and collecting to do more chores and lists.

I don't know if it was right or not but it's what they did. I didn't buy it so I can't add any first hand knowledge. I just know players who have thought other content was pretty sad like this.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Then what does that say about YOUR complaints - about others?
    You have made the disparaging comments about others, more than once.
    What is it called again, when you think it's acceptable to act differently - than you expect others to?... :*

I myself, couldn't care less how many times someone says they love or hate something.

But I DO take offense to :
    *seeing posts telling others to shut up & go away if you think differently,
    * name-calling & cursing.
    (yes, sadly, some people on these forums actually have the gall to post curse words & vulgarity at others, and somehow, I don't see them being reprimanded..So much bias...)

Cursing? How? I thought all plum was turned into plum by the plum-maker?
    As for the rest... really? I don't see any of us that are happy with the games going even half as far as the ones that doesn't.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member

It remains a legitimate complaint while the complaint remains unresolved. It doesn't just disappear because you find it annoying.

The point is that if you want leather seats in your car, but your model can't be bough with them, you get disappointed. For a while.
    Toddlers are not in the game. I know it. You know it. Santa's grandmother's cousin knows it. The "complaint is unresolved" in the same way as "the complaint that my pizza place won't serve pepsi, only coke" is "unresolved".

EA and Maxis do not "owe" you toddlers. They have said "sorry, no toddlers". Now you might be grumpy about it, but you can't argue that "they haven't solved the problem".

We will agree to disagree. Rachel Franklin very carefully worded that blog initially to keep our preorders and sales by adding the caveat *at launch* in regards to pools and toddlers. They confirmed this by then releasing those pools post release. So where are the toddlers? It's no different.

It's simple Spark. :( They'd make more money off of toddlers releasing them along side a generations expansion.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You guys are going to get the OP's thread deleted for arguing among yourselves. I don't know if it is fair, all I know is I have maybe three more years to wait to see if the TS5 is an app for a tablet or smartphone. I would guess this game last about three years because of their original moto they had returned to their roots. And their roots made TS1 only last three years. So, it seems to me that would be about right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LadyLindsay26LadyLindsay26 Posts: 151 Member
    Krish_ wrote: »
    Yes it is fair honey.

How many accounts are you gonna make after getting banned how many times now? Honey.

You want a count? @natashified and @K4le8. Honey

Also yo have only been here for a month, I have been here since 2012. So try again, you weren't even here when I had @natashified.

I didn't know reading the forum without an account was possible :trollface:

Well now you know... honey ;)
  • Options
    Yes it is fair honey.

How many accounts are you gonna make after getting banned how many times now? Honey.

You want a count? @natashified and @K4le8. Honey

Also yo have only been here for a month, I have been here since 2012. So try again, you weren't even here when I had @natashified.

I didn't know reading the forum without an account was possible :trollface:

Well now you know... honey ;)

I'm giving you a physical like. Enjoy. ;)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Stop bringing up something that has nothing to do with the opening post smh.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Cursing? How? I thought all plum was turned into plum by the plum-maker?
    As for the rest... really? I don't see any of us that are happy with the games going even half as far as the ones that doesn't.
    Most "bad words" do get turned into that other word,
    but if you were to try replying/quote - you can see the original cursing & vulgar words/name-calling.

So they didn't even try to disguise it, sometimes.
    Some of it, HAS been done by members that claim to love Sims 4.
    (And obviously I am not going to make a list of them, because I'm not the only one that sees it, & it's against the rules to name)
    So how is that NOT going too far?

And I also hate seeing people "lumped in" with others.
    People shouldn't be lumped in with anyone, unless they choose to themselves.
    I can only speak for myself, when I give my opinions on a game aspect.

But, Negativity, in it's worst form, "to me",
    is the disrespect show to others.
    :s
    Not any complaints, however often repeated, about the games, can be as bad as a nasty attitude towards others.
    I was raised to treat others the way I wish to be treated, and have raised my family the same way.

Now I'm going to go back to enjoying my iced coffee <3 & weekend.
    I wish everyone a fun weekend, no matter what you choose to do. :)
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Which is not me btw ;) like I have said hundreds of times the responsibility of the future of TS4 rests on EA'S shoulders only. They developed the game and make the decisions. Sink or swim it won't be the players fault one way or the other. Just to clarify :)

Yes and no. I get the point you are making but I wold say whether or not TS4 continues for the next couple of years rests solely with the players. If EP/SP/GP's continue to sell EA is going to green light further and further development for TS4. If they don't sell then EA will either tell Maxis to start fixing things/listening to feedback or else they'll decide further EP's aren't a good investment. So really, we the players have all the power here. That power though is your wallet not any feedback posted on the forum.

• Options
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    Which is not me btw ;) like I have said hundreds of times the responsibility of the future of TS4 rests on EA'S shoulders only. They developed the game and make the decisions. Sink or swim it won't be the players fault one way or the other. Just to clarify :)

Yes and no. I get the point you are making but I wold say whether or not TS4 continues for the next couple of years rests solely with the players. If EP/SP/GP's continue to sell EA is going to green light further and further development for TS4. If they don't sell then EA will either tell Maxis to start fixing things/listening to feedback or else they'll decide further EP's aren't a good investment. So really, we the players have all the power here. That power though is your wallet not any feedback posted on the forum.

LOL. That is not how it works.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member

Uh, yeah. That's exactly how business works. If enough people stop buying your product that it becomes unprofitable to make, you either makes changes so more people buy it or stop making it. You don't just plow on ahead making an unpopular product till you bankrupt yourself. Well, no one with any common sense would anyway. /shrug
  • Options

Uh, yeah. That's exactly how business works. If enough people stop buying your product that it becomes unprofitable to make, you either makes changes so more people buy it or stop making it. You don't just plow on ahead making an unpopular product till you bankrupt yourself. Well, no one with any common sense would anyway. /shrug

That really is not what business' do at all. Go take a look at DA2 DLC for the game was scrapped in favor of starting the next game. Instead of improving the game.
  • Options
    TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    I don't want them to stop working on it yet, because I paid $60. If they stop working on it, we wont get toddlers, which is the only thing I want, and it'll be a waste of money for me.
    gay is ok kids
  • Options

Sorry, I had to use this gif. LOL
    oNObxMf_zpswadop6ny.gif

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hopeinen wrote: »
    Open world is split right down the middle, some hate it some love it. I don't care for it personally so I never saw it as a loss. Things like terrain tools are defiantly possible, how else would the Gurus be able to do the landscape such as hills, etc in the game? )

Give us open neighborhoods, and i would say most of the player base would be pleased.
    What annoys me with the current loading screen system is that all the houses apart from mine(or the one i am visiting) are completely lifeless, nobody is outside or anywhere to be seen in those properties.

Terrain tools & neighborhood editing system would also be a welcome addition, i miss all the things we could do in Sims 3 and hopefully we can eventually get at least some of those features into the Sims 4.

Yes I agree Open Neighborhoods would be very welcomed. I think it would be worth it if they at least looked into it.

They did look into it. A long time ago one of the gurus posted that open neighborhoods (not worlds) was a possibility. Then it was stated there was a 20 sim limit (not including active household) for public space and blah blah. From what I understood it was possible just not practical given the cost in "labor" and finances to change such a core feature.

This was discussed in either the feedback section or ideas corner. I can't recall.

I can't cite a source because I don't really feel like hunting it down so feel free to take my comment with a grain of salt.

Just thought it was worth bringing up. Someone else may remember better than I do atm.

Btw, the 20 sim limit was something the guru brought up but from what I understand it can be increased (from mods ive seen with more active lots) I believe he brought it up because any more (sims) would increase the specs people need to play as having more sims increase what needs tobe processed.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015

You know when many said way back in July we were cancelling our pre-orders when it was finally announced no toddlers were in the game - and the DEVS came in and said they realized many of us were upset and 'assured us that the only reason toddlers and pools were missing from the game was due to time restraints. They went on explaining all that was involved and because they did not have enough time to "FINISH" them, they had to announce they would not be in game at release, but were promising us there would be a priority". It was all false promises to make us not cancell the pre-orders and if I am expected to be happy I was deceived out of my money by apparently either a false promise or an out right lie if you look at what Rachel has since said - well you have another thing coming because I am not happy. No, they could have not made promises and many of us would have not fell for the lie as you are right we did buy knowing the toddlers were not there - but the one fact of being online verbally promised they would be quick coming - they just had to be finished (they even said they were not hard, just time consuming to do and they did not want to shoe horn them in) I would not have wasted all the money I did. I could have settled for that - maybe check here now and then to see when they were added or of course by now would have known they lied - but I would not be out of 140 bucks for a game I cannot enjoy - so yes - I am going to carry on whether or not you like it. But yes when they promised us toddlers were a priority along with pools - they owed us. So you are wrong about that.

They also talked about the good foundation of this game as another reason why so many things were missing and even said nothing was impossible to do in Sims 4 - but it seems after every one spent their money - it starts leaking out all lately that the so called great foundation is no where as solid and sound as they presented it - nor is the game capable of many things they indicated it would be. If you failed to see it yet, you will eventually because of people who have since looked deep into the bowels of Sims 4 and they know the rather serious limitations. So that is why I said maybe you feel all happy now, but you won't later if you have hopes from a lot of things we have had in Sims 2 and 3, that Sims 4 cannot deliver with out some serious overhauling - and even that may not help. It is not evil wishful thinking because you are happy and I am not as you seem to think - I assure you.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    Looks like The Sims got Simcity syndrome.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Someone should tell those calling for a scrap the same thing.
    I don't think the Sims 4 should disappear or be scrapped. Not all family players think that way. Some of us actually don't want EA to be burned down and want the best for the Sims future and do not want Rachel to be fired. The things said since the interview have been pretty intense. But just because I want toddlers doesn't mean I want harm to come to people. If they don't come until the Sims 5, I've come to accept that. From all the comments from Gurus regarding toddlers so far, I doubt they will even make it into this iteration. Family players aren't important to them, so why would toddlers or preteens be? They can make money off of their party packs. The Sims 4 is starting to remind me of the Urbz a bit. I might start nicknaming the Sims 4, the Urbz 2.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller