Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 be the last one?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2015
    I want to know the source from EA that proves it was a financial flop.. other than speculation and hope from disgruntled players and gaming sites that look down their nose at it. Do you have stats on hard copy and digital sales directly from EA?

To answer the question. Yes, I'm sure there will be a 5 even if competition arises .. it's the Sims.
    I hope for another simulation game also either way because I like games. People might not like where they take it and I might not like where 5 goes as I didn't like 3 after purchasing that base game at full price therefore pumping up the sales of that game at that time. That doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of consumers out there that aren't willing to give it a go. I know I'm here for the long haul because it sure isn't a flop to me :).

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited July 2015

At this point, I don't know wether I WANT another one.

To be more clear, don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE another life Sim, but not from EA, they messed up big time (imo) on this and someone else oculd do a hell of a lot better.
  • Options
    K4le8K4le8 Posts: 217 Member
    I don't want it to be, but with how bad Sims 4 is I fear it.

I think they will stop production then go with a full reboot of the series and milk in cash once again.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2015
    In my eyes I do feel like they messed up pretty bad with this game and I don't remember people complaining in the same sorts of ways... and for so long after the release of ts3. Yes, there were unhappy people upset about cut content or otherwise botched gameplay features, but in general I felt the mood was different. And I never saw anyone arguing that ts3 shouldn't even really be considered a main series sims game like I've seen people say about sims 4. So it's hard to say. They may have finally screwed up enough for this to really be the last in the series... or not. I know all through ts3's lifespan people were predicting the end of the series. If there is a sims 5 In honestly pretty nervous about what they'll do to it considering what they've done to sims 4.

Since sims 4 was originally supposed to be an online multiplayer chat room I feel like if there is a sims 5 they will definitely try that plan again since at that point being constantly connected and socializing online will be even more prolific than it is now. As much as I want it, I'm just not seeing any more single player sims games from EA because they want nothing more than to shove online all the time and playing boring games with strangers down everyones throats. And so yeah, that will be the end of the sims as we know it.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    Hi :)

I hope not. Since this one is so different from the rest, the next will be different than this one. I'm game to wait and see what they come up with. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I like Sims 4, but I think if there is a Sims 5, it needs to be revolutionary. Sims 4 should have been revolutionary in some way, but it wasn't really, but it's still fine and I enjoy playing it.

I'm waiting for the day when they figure out how to fuse The Sims and The Elder Scrolls into one game, and on that day there will be fireworks.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like Sims 4, but I think if there is a Sims 5, it needs to be revolutionary. Sims 4 should have been revolutionary in some way, but it wasn't really, but it's still fine and I enjoy playing it.

I'm waiting for the day when they figure out how to fuse The Sims and The Elder Scrolls into one game, and on that day there will be fireworks.

Love it :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Funny, I wasn't aware Sims 4 was a flop? Probably because it sold so much.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    I'm really not concerned with or thinking about the next version. If there is one. I am loving this one and will continue to purchase releases and continue flopping around until the end! Whenever that may be. :)
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    It's not very intuitive and smart sim of you to think that way *does the guru nod*

Tryna-put-a-ring-on-it.gif
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't believe that this one will be the last one. I believe we might get another one in 2017 or 2018. It probably depends on if they can keep the Sims 4 players happy.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't think it's a flop and I think there will be a sims 5 in another 4 or 5 years.

I think there's lots more fun to come with S4 first though.
  • Options
    JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    Whether consumers consider it a flop or not is subjective from person to person. But the most questionable thing is that they never reported the numbers of the TS4 sales as they did with most other games. So the fact is people didn't come back to the series the same as with TS3. So like Guru Graham said "People need to buy this game. (Before Sims 5 is even a thought)" And if the lack of info on sales figures is any indication of success or flop, is what really will be the deciding factor.

Now personally, I can't say I want a Sims 5 unless it's an actual collaboration of the last 4 games, and not just pieced together features they think a majority of players want.
  • Options
    FCazaresFCazares Posts: 20 Member
    It is difficult to exceed the high expectations created by nostalgia. It happens to anyone that creates another version or sequel in a beloved series. I felt disappointed too until I tried to revisit The Sims 2. It was just so difficult trying to get passed the prehistoric graphics that my nostalgia illusion bubble was burst. I'm spoiled by new tech I guess.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    All that has a start has also an end. I don't know if this will be the last one or the first of a new kind of Sims game. They are targeting a younger audience, because a younger audience is more likely buying the game for the next 15 years.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm only interested in a Sims 5 if they'll find the right track again. If not don't bother.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AvatarOfShibbyAvatarOfShibby Posts: 34 Member
    > @sweetface44 said:
    > I feel that this will be the last which I hope that it's the last that ea makes.. there may be hope if they sell it back to will wright or another gaming company that would have passion for the game. And the time to make it the outstanding game it should be.. if there is a 5 and ea makes it I will not be buying I will be done with the sims games and just be happy with the ones I have.

This will never happen. EA doesn't have a habit of selling there licenses.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    No.

The Sims 4 outsold the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. (I cannot find the SimsVIP article anymore...)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    LizardSquadLizardSquad Posts: 7 New Member
    This is literally the first thread scared me while I was scrolling through. I really thought this was the last game. I hope there are more games. Also TS4 did NOT out sell The Sims 3.
  • Options
    LizardSquadLizardSquad Posts: 7 New Member
    ^Agreed. The Sims 3 was noted to be the best selling sims game in the series and I'm pretty sure The Sims 2 was noted as the highest rated sims game in the series. I don't think The Sims 4 was noted for any real accomplishments. I'm not entirely sure though, I'd have to check.
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    > @sweetface44 said:
    > I feel that this will be the last which I hope that it's the last that ea makes.. there may be hope if they sell it back to will wright or another gaming company that would have passion for the game. And the time to make it the outstanding game it should be.. if there is a 5 and ea makes it I will not be buying I will be done with the sims games and just be happy with the ones I have.

This will never happen. EA doesn't have a habit of selling there licenses.
    this is life you never know what will happen...

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Selling the game back to Will won't make it a good game if it's not his passion any more. If anything, it could make it worse than it already is.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2015
    I kind of hope so, in a really sad way..
    I get the feeling if they make another game, it'll be a terrible game.

That's why I don't want them to.
    I also don't really like The Sims 4- because it just doesn't suit my type of gameplay. It's not the whole toddlers thing..
    It's just that I'm never feeling it when I boot it up..

I wish I loved it, but I don't. I'll probably stick with TS3 if a TS5 comes out- which I'm very doubtful will happen!

TS3 forever, for me <3
    Post edited by lovespandas1 on
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?