Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update next week: locked doors and half walls! :)

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Star wars: Jabba costume.
    Seeing a sim walk around dressed as a giant slug in the game would be hilarious to see. I would have clicked the LOL button for this. But sadly SimGuruDrake has temporarily disable the LOL button for now.:D

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,535 Member
    Almost 1 day before the patch and the gurus on twitter still arn't using the batgnome avies.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Almost 1 day before the patch and the gurus on twitter still arn't using the batgnome avies.
    InB4 Captain Gnomerica.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    I keep wondering when someone is going to stick up an August Patch Thread. :p
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

I'm more wondering about the September patch.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options

I'm more wondering about the September patch.

Yes.

The August Patch will probebly revolve around Gamescom meaning some new features.

The Sep Patch will probebly be the pre expansion patch and pretty big.
  • Options
    InB4 Captain Gnomerica.
    What's that up in the sky? It's a bird, it's a plane. No it's Super Gnomeman! :D

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I would love it if they could fix the whole issue with the entire household standing outside the house like they are being reset when a single sim returns from work.
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I would love it if they could fix the whole issue with the entire household standing outside the house like they are being reset when a single sim returns from work.

That isn't broken. If the sim is married the sim is standing outside waiting for him to come home and kisses his cheek.
  • Options
    AvatarOfShibbyAvatarOfShibby Posts: 34 Member
    A minor tweak I would like to see is if the trees, shrubs, and flowers stacked like in TS3.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    I'd love for this patch to include a way to adjust the intensity and colour of lights per room.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,774 Member
    A new patch comes out tomorrow. So far I can only uncover that they are adding half walls (awesome) and lockable doors (finally), but does anyone know if there is anything else being added? I can't seem to find anything.
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    I think that's all that they've told us. Hopefully some bug fixes too.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Same here, been trying to find some extra info since they said more is added, but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow, i'm excited though!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I don't think they've actually confirmed much of anything, but there has been lots of speculation so fingers crossed for some good stuff. Half walls should be amazing.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    A new patch comes out tomorrow. So far I can only uncover that they are adding half walls (awesome) and lockable doors (finally), but does anyone know if there is anything else being added? I can't seem to find anything.

Bug fixes and lot bin thingy :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    vampirekimvampirekim Posts: 190 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

We're getting half walls?! :smiley: Really?! I'm excited!! I had no idea there was going to be a patch.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    shrr0744shrr0744 Posts: 18 Member
    Hopefully no more starwars theme stuff.
  • Options
    GUYS WE HAVE ALL THE BUTTONS!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I don't expect that there will be any Star Wars costumes in tomorrow's game update. In fact, I suspect that we'll just be getting half wall, the option to lock doors now, and some bug fixes in July 9th's Update. But nothing except half walls, and lockable doors were confirmed to be in this update. So we'll see come tomorrow when they release this update. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I don't expect that there will be any Star Wars costumes in tomorrow's game update. In fact, I suspect that we'll just be getting half wall, the option to lock doors now, and some bug fixes in July 9th's Update. But nothing except half walls, and lockable doors were confirmed to be in this update. So we'll see come tomorrow when they release this update. :)

No, they also said we would be getting back the Sims 3 style libraries for our lots in this patch. I forget who said it, but it came from a Guru as that is the thing I was happy to hear as I am hoping it will allow us to save the sims in their houses like we could in previous games. I'd be totally bummed if we didn't get those libraries seeing if I play Sims 4 I play 1 YA sim in a small house (seeing I cannot enjoy families in Sims 4) so locked doors don't matter when you just have 1 sim in each household. I am no builder, so neither do half walls. LOL. I am glad both are included for those who really want those things - but for me the joy in the patch was the Sims 3 style libraries were coming. I have said since the game came out we should be able to save our sims in their houses.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

No, they also said we would be getting back the Sims 3 style libraries for our lots in this patch. I forget who said it, but it came from a Guru as that is the thing I was happy to hear as I am hoping it will allow us to save the sims in their houses like we could in previous games. I'd be totally bummed if we didn't get those libraries seeing if I play Sims 4 I play 1 YA sim in a small house (seeing I cannot enjoy families in Sims 4) so locked doors don't matter when you just have 1 sim in each household. I am no builder, so neither do half walls. LOL. I am glad both are included for those who really want those things - but for me the joy in the patch was the Sims 3 style libraries were coming. I have said since the game came out we should be able to save our sims in their houses.
    Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember reading about the Sims 3 style library might be coming back. But I didn't know that this was confirmed, and was going to be in this update. I thought that they said that the Sims 3 style library might be returning in the Spa Day Game Pack. :/

• Options

Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember reading about the Sims 3 style library might be coming back. But I didn't know that this was confirmed, and was going to be in this update. I thought that they said that the Sims 3 style library was returning in the Spa Day Game Pack. :/

The lot bin is returning.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    Nope! But it's still a wonderfully practical patch! Two more things checked off the list of things not added to TS4 that got patched in :)
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Now that you have mentioned it, I do remember reading about the Sims 3 style library might be coming back. But I didn't know that this was confirmed, and was going to be in this update. I thought that they said that the Sims 3 style library was returning in the Spa Day Game Pack. :/

The lot bin is returning.
    I did read that the lot bins might be returning. But I didn't know that they were confirmed to be returning in the July 9th patch. I heard that the lot bin might be returning in the Game Pack. :/