Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix the mailbox issue!

I know this has been brought up before, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed after all these months. I am trying to collect and it's such a waste to mail things and get nothing in return. I have repaired my game. I made sure the Sim stayed home from work. It worked one time, but the next time it did not work. I saved before sending the items to the geo-council and tried three different times on different days and got nothing in return. Sooo frustrating!

Comments

• Options
    Gemini20120Gemini20120 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2015
    Have you tried the force bills cheat? I've heard that fixes it sometimes too.

households.force_bills_due I think you have to have testingcheats on as well.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I´ve got the same problem. I do get bills but no items from the geo-council and no postcards. It´s pretty annoying and I agree that it should have been fixed by now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Wasted way too much time on this issue trying to get one final sample to return and one postcard. I have tried the replacing the mailbox, close the game, restart, mail again and stay on the lot the entire time for 3 consecutive days (only requesting the one sample and not the postcard). It won't send me anything back and I have lost so many samples to this bug.

This should really have been fixed a long time ago from what I can tell. Glad it works for some but the work around does not work for me. It made me shut the game down in frustration and I hope a fix is coming soon.
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    Have you tried the force bills cheat? I've heard that fixes it sometimes too.

households.force_bills_due I think you have to have testingcheats on as well.

I get bills. However, if I send things to the geo council I don't always get my promised reward. Others have said if you don't leave the lot you'll get your items, but this has not been the case with my Sim 100% of the time.
  • Options
    TPMoriartyTPMoriarty Posts: 55 Member
    Same problem here. I even get bills while on vacation in Granite falls! :smiley:
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I actually had this problem way back when I first started playing Sims. It was beyond irritating, yes. I also don't like having my Sims just not having to pay bills. Plus, I had sent a ton of stuff to the geo council and then got nothing in return.
    What I found that helps is do NOT pay bills from your phone or computer; always go to your mailbox to do so. Because, from what I've read, that's what starts the glitch; if you pay bills from your phone or computer, it makes the mailbox not work and such.
    Or you could try clearing your cache files; helps in almost any problem you have.
    What I tried is replacing my mailbox; which I'm not sure worked yet, I'll have to log back on later and see.
    But it sounds as if this isn't working for anyone. I get bills as well, yet nothing from the geo council.
    I really wish EA would just fix these issues -.-
    It seems like they never listen to anything we say.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jackieSims4jackieSims4 Posts: 13 New Member
    The mod is very good, I would highly recommend to download it. Just don't unzip and put it in your mod folder...
  • Options
    MisterHootyMisterHooty Posts: 23 New Member
    The simple workaround, for receiving items in the mail, is to make absolutely certain your Sim stays on the home lot until it arrives, without transitions of any kind. I expect that also means no reloading from a save. It's inconvenient, but I've never had items not arrive when I've done that.

Bills, on the other hand, I've never once had a delivery-notification without travelling or going to my GTW job.
  • Options
    MisterHootyMisterHooty Posts: 23 New Member
    Apologies for doing another post, but I don't think I'm allowed to edit yet.)

I've discovered another factor. My sim just waited around all day for mail which never arrived - and then I realised it was a Sunday. Most places in real life, of course, the mail never comes on a Sunday. So my sim waited until Monday, when it came.

I can only presume this 'feature' was included as a bit of detail and realism. In practice, tho, given the limited amount of free-time sims have to wait around at home, it's irritating to the point of idiocy.
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    I know this has been brought up before, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed after all these months. I am trying to collect and it's such a waste to mail things and get nothing in return. I have repaired my game. I made sure the Sim stayed home from work. It worked one time, but the next time it did not work. I saved before sending the items to the geo-council and tried three different times on different days and got nothing in return. Sooo frustrating!

i tried getting a post card from the pen pal
    but nothing ever comes in my mail box but bills :(
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I replaced my mailbox and the geocouncil thing worked again. Someone else warned me of dire consequences from doing that (I can't remember what), but I have yet to see any dire consequences.
  • Options
    kcvtkcvt Posts: 47 New Member
    This seems to be an issue that has come around again. I have not been getting postcards or geo samples (elements) in the mail. The mail carrier brings bill which I can get. He will come to the mailbox on other days and put something in. I get the notice Mail has been delivered, but there is nothing in the mailbox. This has been happening since the holidays.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    kcvt wrote: »
    This seems to be an issue that has come around again. I have not been getting postcards or geo samples (elements) in the mail. The mail carrier brings bill which I can get. He will come to the mailbox on other days and put something in. I get the notice Mail has been delivered, but there is nothing in the mailbox. This has been happening since the holidays.

Hello @kvct
    Try selling the mailbox and buying another one, then go out of the game completely. Then go back into the game and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    kcvtkcvt Posts: 47 New Member
    Sold the mailbox, replaced with another, exited game then back in. Mailbox still broken.
    Tried the same with repairing the game, clearing cache, no mods, Jazz hands, Hand axe threat to pc and still no joy.
    The surprising thing is the hand axe threat failed to work on the pc so not a pc problem as a sharp axe always seems to get a pc working. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    kcvt wrote: »
    Sold the mailbox, replaced with another, exited game then back in. Mailbox still broken.
    Tried the same with repairing the game, clearing cache, no mods, Jazz hands, Hand axe threat to pc and still no joy.
    The surprising thing is the hand axe threat failed to work on the pc so not a pc problem as a sharp axe always seems to get a pc working. :)

Hello @kcvt There was a workaround that helped some simmers, that if they remained on their home lot after sending the geo sample and didn't travel until it came, they received the items in the mail. Perhaps you could try that and see if that helps.