Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Options
    Lydiaa88Lydiaa88 Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Wingzofnocte OHHH!! You picked an aspiration I am not familiar with.

Alright. That is a question you are going to have to ask Cloudseeker, however, he is currently on vacation.
    You are allowed to have one campfire/grill. So if you feel like it is necessary, get rid of your campfire in favor of a grill ^^.

As long as you don't drink the potions, that is probably fine.
  • Options
    My hedges are deleting themselves... wut..
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2015
    I just discovered something. If we want a library, even in the early civilization, we absolutely *must* have computers in it!! Otherwise, it is "incomplete." :( I tried the notebook and it still said it was "incomplete." I placed the typewriter in there and just won't have my sims using it.
  • Options
    @Sonshine77 just place them in a unaccessable basement.. problem solved :)
  • Options
    Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Thanks Lydaa! I guess I never thought about that!
  • Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm back from my vacation (which was absoutely wonderful), so I shall now be able to answer your questions.

@Wingzofnocte I have not dabbled with Herbalism myself, so I was not aware that it needed a grill. I'll make a note of it in the rules when I do an update, but in the meantime, go ahead and use a grill for potion-making :)
    As for the actual potions, the "forbidden potions" mainly refer to the ones you buy for Satisfaction points, not ones your Sims craft themselves. Herbalism potions count as "crafted items", and so they are allowed to be made and used as much as you want to, even when they normally wouldn't be.
    Lydia did a good job of explaining the Era progression, but just to reiterate: every Era ends as soon as the next generation is born, EXCEPT for the Prehistoric Era, which ends when the first grandchild of one of the Ancestors is born.
    I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying my challenge! :)

@Lydiaa88 Gold medals should indeed be possible, and it is indeed just a matter of being given the right set of party goals. Just keep at it! :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker
    Thanks! I will keep trying for the gold medal.. I just keep getting the goals for them to dance and eat cake
  • Options
    110821012110821012 Posts: 51 Member
    Great challenge!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    All of my videos are scheduled... History Challenge goes up every day besides Sunday and Saturday at 6 PM CST :3
    Post edited by Lydiaa88 on
  • Options
    Do I need to just talk to other Sims to level up Charisma or do I need to get a mirror?
  • Options
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    Do I need to just talk to other Sims to level up Charisma or do I need to get a mirror?
    It should be possible by just talking. Mirrors are not restricted though, so if you want to use one to speed up the process, go right ahead :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Lydiaa88 wrote: »
    It should be possible by just talking. Mirrors are not restricted though, so if you want to use one to speed up the process, go right ahead :)

Awesome! I'm gonna put the mirror in the room with the computer so only she can use it either way!
  • Options
    All my Sims are teenagers and approaching their adult years and with only one of them having level 3 guitar skill.. I only have 494 in guitar tip money ATM. I picked my youngest Sim to be my heir. I will give an update on when he becomes an adult and gets married and such.
  • Options
    CulturesCultures Posts: 53 Member
    Wow, this looks so well thought out (I also adore the banner for each age)! This is something I for sure might try out.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 Sounds good. It does seem like the goal for playing for tips may be a teeny tiny bit too high :)
    @Cultures Thank you! I spent a very long time on both the challenge and the banners, so it's absolutely wonderful to hear that they are appreciated :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    @Cloudseeker I already built my Middle Ages house.. I am trying to figure out how to post pictures here to make sure it is okay.
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 You'll need to upload the pictures to some image hosting site, doesn't matter which one as long as it gives you a direct link to the picture. Then you just click the "Attach image/file" button when posting a picture, and paste the link in there :)
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    It's quite a big house so there will be quite a few pictures....

https://imgur.com/a/rMMGK#24

they are all there and I cant get them to post here.. Because I am a failure..
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2015
    Just checking in to let you know I am still here and after taking break to finish a house 004 of the drifter challenge and a few sick days and family days ... I finally started back up on the medieval era this week. I am getting close to finishing up my heir just aged up to YA and I'll be looking for a spouse to bring on the next era with ... still got about 90k to go on the house and I need to get those bratty sibblings up to fighting form lol B)

Does anyone know what level of fittness they need to be, before the option to practice fighting will show up?
  • Options
    @Lydiaa88 That is a gorgeous house, very nice work! :)
    @tammyjo329 If I remember correctly, that option appears at fitness level 9. I don't know if both need to be at that level though, or if only one of them needs to be.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    Thanks Cloud! Gonna be awhile before anyone gets pregnant then as her siblings (the triplets just aged up to YA) so once one or two of them are able to get that last goal done there will be no woohooing!! LOL ... then all bets are off and it will be a race to see which sibling is the actual heir and gives me the next generation first :smile:
  • Options
    WingzofnocteWingzofnocte Posts: 12 New Member
    @tammyjo329 how did you get triplets?! I have been trying for them since...well in every sim incarnation and I have never had triplets! So sad. Twins yes, trips no. And yes I do have the fertility treatment but only singles so far from sims who have it. Funny though is that I can fully expect that every pregnant sim I move out will have twins no matter what. None in main households though
  • Options
    lol Wingz .... I have not idea how I got triplets. It was my first time for triplets in Sims 4 and I almost never get twins ... seem to be a rare ocasion in my games.
  • Options
    I'm gonna have some issues posting videos for a bit. I got a new job and it is taking a lot of time.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    woot! I finally finished the Medieval Era!! Yeah ... I'll be updating my blog this weekend with some pics and next week I hope to start building for the OLD WEST! :)B)

ETA: FYI for all history challenge players -- It definately is level 9 fittness that opens up the "practice fighting" option under friendly inter-actions and it looks like only the sim innitiating the practice fight needs to be level 9.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top