Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If your sim has been invited on a date,play date or to a party please post

Comments

• Options
    NatSimsNatSims Posts: 14 New Member
    I played today to test but didn't get any calls inviting my sim to go anywhere. I am really excited for this to happen though so hope it does soon!

From what other people are saying and reading the patch update, I personally can't see anything wrong with it. If you don't want a particular Sim to age up, then don't attend the birthday if you get invited. Simples. And for those who have experienced the new parties and noted that nothing really happens I think this will come with the SP. It says in the update notes that this patch is to 'get ready' for the party stuff pack so I think we'll have more to look forward to with that.

The way I see it, a lot of people on these forums have complained that "there isn't really much to do" in TS4. And tbh I definitely agree to some extent. Well with this patch, your Sim now gets invited to things and therefore has more to do with their day. Regardless of whether there are tasks to fulfil in an event, I think you can still have fun with it, that's sort of the point of not being the host.

I do hope they sort the 'dates' out though from what people are saying on here - needs to be some indicator of how its going.
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    @catmando830 - No, that means the person throwing the party will age up, even if aging is turned off. As a general rule, anytime someone blows out the candles on a birthday cake they will age up.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I have a video - it happened while I was doing an LP - nothing much happened. I expect that it's not going to be super amazing until the party pack comes out.
    Zoe was invited to Summers birthday - and there was a caterer, and her roomies - that's about it. We chatted and she aged up (I put the candles on the cake b/c I stole her thunder and aged up Zoe since it was her birthday too LOL). I don't know if the caterer would have done it or not...

If you want to see it starts at about 13:35 when Zoe gets the call...
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Krg2NDZV-3Y

What should change with the pack? It's just stuff. The fountain and buffet table won't change how it works.

• Options
    yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    I went on a date with someone with high friendship and high romance. Things seemed fine and date said it was going well and at the end said not to call again, similar to @KatsKats ! Bug, perhaps?

> @KatsKats said:
    > Not sure this has all been answered but...
    >
    > Parties. The Sims calls and you decide whether or not to go. If you go, you're transported to the party.
    >
    > You socialize during the party, nothing in particular really happens. I went to a birthday party. There was a cake and the birthday girl at some point blew out the candles, but I didn't see it happen. Nobody acted celebratory, but the other guests did eat the cake.
    >
    > You are stuck there. You can't leave until it's over.
    >
    > When it's done, the host thanks you for coming, then you can leave.
    >
    > Dates. Same thing. You are transported (with loading screen) to where the Sim selected for the date. Mine was at the park in Oasis Springs.
    >
    > You socialize with your date like you normally would.
    >
    > Again, you can't leave or travel anywhere during the period of time. About 4 Sim hours.
    >
    > At the end, you get a message about how the date went. Mine was bad, and said not to call again, though the message before that was about how the date was going very well. And they had high ratings for friendship and romance.
    >
    > There are no set tasks to attend to, at least.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Hawkgirl wrote: »
    My sims haven't been invited to any parties. :( Cuts deep brah.

Lol mine either, oh well I wouldn't go anyway lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    Big thumbs down for not being able to leave the party of our own free will. What part of sandbox does the TS4 team not understand? Yep, I said it. Can't leave until the event is over.

ETA: Save sandbox modders!!!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Dating sounds like it s broken. You shouldn't get a bad message every time you accept a date and why no goals for the dare?
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Big thumbs down for not being able to leave the party of our own free will. What part of sandbox does the TS4 team not understand? Yep, I said it. Can't leave until the event is over.

There's the little circle towards the top left that you can click on to end the event early. Does it not work? ( I haven't tried the new update yet)
    Dating sounds like it s broken. You shouldn't get a bad message every time you accept a date and why no goals for the dare?

Even if your sim host a social event you can opt out of the goals (it has been this way since the base game), I assume you don't get goals because it's supposed to be the other sim that invited you out and they don't "need" to get item rewards.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    g
    Ayumap wrote: »

There's the little circle towards the top left that you can click on to end the event early. Does it not work? ( I haven't tried the new update yet)

Even if your sim host a social event you can opt out of the goals (it has been this way since the base game), I assume you don't get goals because it's supposed to be the other sim that invited you out and they don't "need" to get item rewards.

Not having goals is OK, but if you get a message that the date was bad and they chose a lot of romantic interactions i think something doesn't work right.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    My sim was invited by her cousin to attend his birthday party. As for the party being better, I'd say it's the same as always-Caterer stood around, did not bake the birthday cake, but did make some food. The thing I did not like was that her cousin was aged up to an elder. His father was there, and he's younger than him now! Yikes. And the birthday sim complained about his party. So if you have age freeze on in your game, when they have a birthday party, they age up.

At least they don't need the birthday cake to age up. I got invited to Johnny Zest's birthday party yesterday. Checked in CAS and he's an adult now (I assume he starts the game as a YA - also as a side note, I have aging off and I don't like the idea of sims throwing birthday parties with aging off). My sim was the only guest that showed up. The caterer did manage to make a couple dishes but she started about three and just left them sitting there.

In spite of that, my sim had fun because she's dating Johnny Zest so they just hung out together, danced and such. However, when the party was over, he seemed sad. "That party could have gone better" so it sounds a bit like your experience. Not sure why no other sims were there but, it could be he doesn't have any friends other than my sim. LOL.

I'm going to refuse birthday party invites from now on unless I have aging on and it's not a rotational game. I'm assuming they won't age up if the party doesn't happen in games with aging off.

moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    Actually one of my now-heiress's siblings was asked to attend her boyfriend's birthday party and I let the entire family go to the party and their father Ray was said he needed to go to work and you have the option of Going to Work (he was a non-GTW career), Missing work, or take PTO
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

Actually unlike the other social events in the base game, if you invite a Sim (that you control) out on a date, you don't have the option to opt out of the goals.
  • Options
    olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    My sim just got invited by her sister! Idk about anyone else, but i love the new little phone thing where you click on it and it pops up! But anyway, my sims went to her sisters bday party, there were tons of people there. There was a cake on the table, and everyone gathered around the sim, she blew out her candles, everyone threw confetti and stuff in the air and whooped. It was really cute, i love the new social interaction 'Congratulate' This is such a cute new thing!!
    we way too young to get old <3
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm pretty sure I could congratulate birthday sims before this update. At least I was able to in games where it was a sim in my household aging up.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I really like the idea of this, but I have declined everything so far after reading reports of seemingly successful dates leading nowhere. Be nice just to get stuff like - 'Do you wanna go to the pub?' sort of thing.

Do you take a relationship hit on these 'bad dates'?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    My sim was invited to a birthday party of a past fling. She had a caterer but no birthday cake. Only her brother, sister, and my sim was invited. My sim liked her sister so the birthday girl had a bad party because he kept flirting with her. Overall, I had a good time :D
  • Options
    corky7cacorky7ca Posts: 46 Member
    I have had 2 dates with the same sim and both the friendship bar and romance bars are full. I have yet to get 'first kiss' option and it's really frustrating!
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2015
    I really like the idea of this, but I have declined everything so far after reading reports of seemingly successful dates leading nowhere. Be nice just to get stuff like - 'Do you wanna go to the pub?' sort of thing.

Do you take a relationship hit on these 'bad dates'?

Yes -- which is why I feel the dates are 'broken.' My experience was just as Sempophai described earlier. Not having to deal with the checklists of objectives is one thing, but there's no indication at all about how well things are going and no way tell how to get a good outcome. I had several positive messages pop in in the notifications during the date, but then I got an outcome like, "Don't ever call me again!" and the relationship did take a hit. I don't see where it's worth accepting a date invitation if that's how it's going to work.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    My sim was invited by her cousin to attend his birthday party. As for the party being better, I'd say it's the same as always-Caterer stood around, did not bake the birthday cake, but did make some food. The thing I did not like was that her cousin was aged up to an elder. His father was there, and he's younger than him now! Yikes. And the birthday sim complained about his party. So if you have age freeze on in your game, when they have a birthday party, they age up.

THIS. I saw from the patch post that even with age frozen, birthday invites will age the sims up. So whenever I get a call for a bday invite (twice so far) I decline. I think it will stop them fromc clebrating
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    LanzSimmerLanzSimmer Posts: 93 Member
    I was asked on a date then invited to a birthday party twice.. Only the timer showed up and when I clicked on it, it gave me the option to end it early and then got a notification that it could have gone better... LOOOOL!
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited May 2015
    My sim just got invited on a date. The first message popped up saying "This date just keeps getting better!" I tried to get them to move to a different location and was told I couldn't. Then a message pops up "I guess this is goodbye? Don't call me, ever."

Maybe they thought my sim was trying to sneak out of the date.
  • Options
    townie1010townie1010 Posts: 104 Member
    While my date included dinner by the lake and making out and dancing together and even positive notifications during the date. She said "don't ever call me again!" I'm guessing it is a glitch because my date was perfect.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    I have linked this thread to Graham on twitter just in case their not aware of these issues. I mean you shouldn't get a bad date even if the date is successful.
  • Options
    I play rotationally and all my five families are friends. I did not get any invite so far, eventhough five sims aged up during me not playing them. Maybe it just doesn't work with played families. But i also didn't get an invite from any townie to anything. I'm a sad panda.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    I play rotationally and all my five families are friends. I did not get any invite so far, eventhough five sims aged up during me not playing them. Maybe it just doesn't work with played families. But i also didn't get an invite from any townie to anything. I'm a sad panda.

It does work with played families. I have had a birthday invite from one of my sims in played family. I refused as I didn't want her to age up.

After i refused, I loaded that family and she actually had a few days to go, so it is asking if you wish to attend the party (and hence, age up) a few days before the actual day.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison