Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I really miss from OFB in GTW

halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
edited May 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Get To Work EP is a nice one but it misses some of the nicest things we had with Open for Business EP for Sims 2

1- Inability to have home business! in OFB we were able to have a business on every residential lot. there was no restrictions. Here we cant! It has to be on a different lot. I have not experimented much yet with having a retail store but I hope we are not only restricted to the 4 lots that came with the EP.

2- Cash register and the queue before it! that was one of the nicest views to have for a business owner (of course not the customer) where you can see all the customers who are ready to pay. It gives you an estimate of how many customers can be ringed and it was more organized than the new system where you need to keep looking for the small icon above their heads.

3- The bags!! Where did the item they bought go? we had in OFB bags and they were even with colors. Brown for low costing item and Gold for a high costing one. Maxis why have you removed this?

4- The ability to restock everything at once. I am not sure if this is there because I tried looking for it but have not seen it. I hope it is there.

5- The world that comes with this EP is not even a neighborhood. It is very tiny and disappointing. It should have been the same size of the other worlds if not bigger.

The EP is nice but it is still not as nice as OFB. Its nice that we can follow our sims to their jobs but I truly feel that the retail store side has suffered maybe because more concentration was given the jobs.

It would have been a better thing if the EP was made into 2. Get To Work should have been with say 8-10 jobs more where you follow your sims to their work and school. And another EP for a better open for business remake.

What do you think?
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited May 2015
    Get To Work EP is a nice one but it misses some of the nicest things we had with Open for Business EP for Sims 2

1- Inability to have home business! in OFB we were able to have a business on every residential lot. there was no restrictions. Here we cant! It has to be on a different lot. I have not experimented much yet with having a retail store but I hope we are not only restricted to the 4 lots that came with the EP.

2- Cash register and the queue before it! that was one of the nicest views to have for a business owner (of course not the customer) where you can see all the customers who are ready to pay. It gives you an estimate of how many customers can be ringed and it was more organized than the new system where you need to keep looking for the small icon above their heads.

3- The bags!! Where did the item they bought go? we had in OFB bags and they were even with colors. Brown for low costing item and Gold for a high costing one. Maxis why have you removed this?

4- The ability to restock everything at once. I am not sure if this is there because I tried looking for it but have not seen it. I hope it is there.

5- The world that comes with this EP is not even a neighborhood. It is very tiny and disappointing. It should have been the same size of the other worlds if not bigger.

The EP is nice but it is still not as nice as OFB. Its nice that we can follow our sims to their jobs but I truly feel the retail store side has suffered maybe because more concentration was focused on the jobs.

It would have been a better thing if the EP was made into 2. Get To Work should have been with say 8-10 jobs more where you follow your sims to their work and school. And another EP for a better open for business remake.

What do you think?

1st- (what I bolded "if that is even a word") I don't know why but that made me la7gh so HARD! :p

2nd- I think you might want to put that in GTW section

3rd- I miss RESTAURANTS :/

4th- I loved the charger thing (for example when a customer enters a place they are charged good for a spa ^-^)

5th- I miss barber shops

6th- You know what I miss alot of things by the time I will finish what I miss it will be #100, so I will stop :p
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I still think they did a mistake combining active careers with business owning.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015
    I miss the bags and the line behind the register the most, but I sometimes wonder if it could be better if they haven't mixed active careers with the business owning.

I honestly was expecting more from the business perspective also with something like a big mall for sims to go and shop, escalator stairs, etc.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »

This so much. Graham and the others did a decent job with the portion of resources they probably received but I think they could have done better if the main focus of the ep for the "ofb" aspect was stores,running the store, and shopping. (edit: What I mean is have an ep dedicated to running a business and shopping there and another for the active careers)

I would have liked to see active careers separated so that the the careers also could have been given more attention.

Combinding eps could be a nice idea but in this case I think they lost out on a lot of potential.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    xBob18 wrote: »

This so much. Graham and the others did a decent job with the portion of resources they probably received but I think they could have done better if the main focus of the ep for the "ofb" aspect was stores,running the store, and shopping. (edit: What I mean is have an ep dedicated to running a business and shopping there and another for the active careers)

I would have liked to see active careers separated so that the the careers also could have been given more attention.

Combinding eps could be a nice idea but in this case I think they lost out on a lot of potential.

Agreed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    100% with you. I was so disappointed that we only got 4 plots of land. It would have been cool to have a main street lined with shops or other community buildings.
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    1000$ dlc
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I miss the home businesses most of all!

I understand wanting to make unique expansion packs for each game of the series, but why couldn't they expand on Open For Business? Get To Work is like someone took OFB, sliced it in fourths, and used that 1/4 to make GTW.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Dawn HunterDawn Hunter Posts: 31 Member
    :/ Be fair if they took everything from Sims 2 & added to Sims 4 that would defeat the purpose of even having Sims 4. I'm sure EA working on some fun resources :)
  • Options
    :/ Be fair if they took everything from Sims 2 & added to Sims 4 that would defeat the purpose of even having Sims 4. I'm sure EA working on some fun resources :)

Not sure what you mean but... #TS2forlife
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    GTW ...

I played the scientist branch first. I liked it, will probably play it again.

I played the doctor next, it was okay ... I might do one again, I might not.

My third was a retail shop. I hated it. Running a business seemed like such an afterthought that was just thrown in at the end. I might have sent my sims there twice out of the week to actually run the shop.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    Gruffman wrote: »
    GTW ...

My third was a retail shop. I hated it. Running a business seemed like such an afterthought that was just thrown in at the end. I might have sent my sims there twice out of the week to actually run the shop.

I think scientist is my favorite career out of the pack. The detective is pretty boring (for me) and the doctor was.. well idk, felt like there's nothing really special to do? Over all I don't really care to play any of the active careers again (though I was never interested in the active career aspect to begin with so I guess that doesn't help ;/) I agree, in a lot of ways the business side does seem like an after thought. There was so much more that could have been done to it.

So yeah, for me nothing in the ep really feels complete. Baking is cool (I love any skill that creates) but the decorating isn't as good as I thought it could be and photography is nice but I feel like they could have taken that a lot further too. I wish they even added the ability to set up a photobooth on the community lots and take pictures with large amounts of sims (same for the studio). Guess that might come back with seasons or generations or something...
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member

The EP is nice but it is still not as nice as OFB. Its nice that we can follow our sims to their jobs but I truly feel that the retail store side has suffered maybe because more concentration was given the jobs.

What do you think?

1. Home Businesses
    I would have loved to have home businesses in Sims 4. I don't know how they could be added now since GTW has launched. I hope they do add them somehow.

2. Cash register
    I definitely agree... I miss being able to ring up customers on the cash register. I don't think that's going to happen in Sims 4 - which sucks.

3. The bags
    I guess inventories have taken over bags. It's still not the same.

4. Restocking all at once
    Being able to do this would have so good.

5. Worlds
    Worlds have been quite disappointing. I hope they fix and add more worlds soon.

I would also like to see these things added and more jobs added to through a game pack. :D
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    This thread will soon be moved to Feedback.
    Mark my words.

But yes, TS4 GTW is NOTHING compared to TS2 OFB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWGckCCwcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrNTk670z8

TS4 GTW expanded on 3 Active careers, but the retail portion of the game REALLY lacked.
    I, like many others simmers, was eager to build & run my own restaurant.
    Only to find out my dream was short lived and basically non-existent.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    missmani09 wrote: »
    This thread will soon be moved to Feedback.
    Mark my words.

But yes, TS4 GTW is NOTHING compared to TS2 OFB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWGckCCwcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrNTk670z8

TS4 GTW expanded on 3 Active careers, but the retail portion of the game REALLY lacked.
    I, like many others simmers, was eager to build & run my own restaurant.
    Only to find out my dream was short lived and basically non-existent.

Even TS2 trailers were better LMAO.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited May 2015
    I agree it seems to have a lot while at time seems so restricted I was literally yelling at my computer saying "oh come on, really!!!" Lol

tumblr_inline_mqoy4cq9SM1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Some of these things are the reason I would read the excited posts before GTW was released and wonder just how many people were going to be disappointed. I based it on the fact that TS2 has so much more content than TS4. I just couldn't see how GTW was ever going to be like OFB.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I enjoyed GTW at first, but I feel like there is never enough time to finish tasks...
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

What do you think?

Yeah I'm sure this would go over well with everyone. *roll*
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    Sorry to derail this thread, but does anyone know if it's possible to run an animal adoption place in TS2? Just a simple yes or no, please.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited May 2015
    Astro wrote: »
    Sorry to derail this thread, but does anyone know if it's possible to run an animal adoption place in TS2? Just a simple yes or no, please.

I don't think that's possible. No.

Edit: Actually, yes. This video shows you how.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I agree with almost everything in the first post. I will admit that the retail aspect in GTW is a massive improvement over TS3 but OFB is still superior. I think once employees are fixed and actually ring up customers things will feel improved and I won't miss the whole lining up at the register thing as much.

As for the expansion being split, 8-10 jobs where we follow our Sims would have been a disaster. They would be awful and boring. The current three jobs are a good start, there just needs to be more variety in the tasks and the expansion opens up the option for even more jobs to be added in the future.

I think this expansion should not have been the first one released. Even though people have been asking for an OFB-style expac for ages, this expac would've benefited from more time to be worked on.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Astro wrote: »

Nope.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    NyixNyix Posts: 32 Member
    How did I forget about the bags?? I 100% agree with everything the original poster pointed out. It feels... incomplete on the business side.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    GTW ...

I love detective career, scientist is more fun than I thought, doctor was disappointing and boring for me specially the beginning and I really enjoy running and visiting businesses :)