Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 old graphics

I like The Sims 3, but after a long play with The Sims 4, if return to The Sims 3, no feel like it looks.. old?

Like current now watch an 80's movie

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sims 3 is 6 years old - it's going to look old.

It was probably pretty nice-looking in 2009.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Yeah its true,TS4 graphics are better without a doubt.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    It always looked odd to me. Especially the sims themselves. The objects and the sims look plastic while the environment looks realistic. It never felt or looked right. At least with S4, the look is global. Love it or hate it. It all fits together.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    The graphics in Sims 4 are awful, you all like the style ;)
    Sims 3 doesn't look bad at all :D
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    It always looked odd to me. Especially the sims themselves. The objects and the sims look plastic while the environment looks realistic. It never felt or looked right. At least with S4, the look is global. Love it or hate it. It all fits together.

Also could be it, for year than it is from, also looked a bit out-of-date but it no noticed much due play style
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    I love TS4 graphics in comparison which is evident by how many screenshots I take now. I think my only complaint is the terrain textures. I've never liked them in any Sims game.
  • Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Graphics in TS4 are better,but TS3 graphic style is better tan TS4 :)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited May 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Graphics in TS4 are better,but TS3 graphic style is better tan TS4 :)

I doubt it with all the square flat objects, sims 4 has so few polygons in the objects and sims that I'm not even sure if Sims 2 has less. The detail is atrocious and everything looks like plastic. At least in sims 3 i can see wood looking like wood and fabrics have proper textures.

Go ahead, look at a bald sim... it's terrifying
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2015
    I see what you are saying :* then again I believe the big argument too is how Sims from 4 look better yet I hardly see a single player use a Sim I recognize to even be from 4 under layers of CC.Just look at how awful 3 is...

Screenshot-856_zpsgyrmfyfv.jpg

Screenshot-445_zpsxq4u7ow7.jpg

Screenshot-297_zpsodm3r1u6.jpg

Screenshot-252_zpszypehw0o.jpg

Screenshot-364_zpssa7gh8qv.jpg

Yeah as you can clearly see Sims 3 made 6 years ago looks dated and ugly,oh and good luck finding the CC in mine.How come you cover up Sims that are "The best": like seriously you guys make them look nothing like they are intended to look.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    So it is obvious from my screenshots that Sims 3 looks like Atari or at best Super NES graphics. o:)

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited May 2015
    While I respect your opinion, I can't agree with it. Probably because TS4 looks too saturated, low quality detail, and blurry imo. If that's up to date, I rather be in the '80s. :lol:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    edited May 2015
    I like TS3 graphics. At least when I'm looking at that game I don't feel like my glasses need a clean :D

TS2 looks old, but I wouldn't say TS3 does.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    While I respect your opinion, I can't agree with it. Probably because TS4 looks too saturated, low quality detail, and blurry imo. If that's up to date, I rather be in the '80s. :lol:

Disco never die

Disco_zombie.jpg

Yeah
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    For objects and textures, sims3 wins hands down. Add in CAST on top of it, and it was a builders dream.

I like look of the sims themselves better in sims4.
  • Options
    Maybe that point I should start to point. Sims [the people] seem was where go most effort for TS4
    But also, if compared graphics at the 2009 year, sims at TS3 was.... born out of date, loke copy pasted from 2006
  • Options
    Made these 3 years ago in Sims 3,no CC just that I am a CAP tool master and create a style but you wouldn't understand all that though.

Screenshot-669.jpg

Even make ugly Kaitlyn Langerak look fabulous in my builds

Screenshot-703.jpg

Screenshot-603.jpg

Screenshot-610.jpg

Screenshot-543.jpg

Screenshot-353.jpg

Screenshot-352.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    To each their own
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Honestly I liked the Sims 2 artstyle and graphics the best. The objects had a lot of detail in them. But then again this is coming from someone who loves the Sims 1 game as well. But the CAST in the Sims 3 made houses look better. The decorating in the Sims 4 is kind of bland with the limited color and decorating choices. I mean even the Sims 1 and 2 had matching furniture. The Sims 4 just doesn't and a lot of the colors don't match. Hair and outfit and skin tone wise, the Sims 3 was the best. The look of the Sims themselves with interactions and everything I liked the Sims 2 the best. I was playing the Sims 2 the other day and was amazed at the clothing detail as I zoomed in on Sims. It's still really good graphics. It made me sad because I was like I can't zoom in this good in the Sims 4 for pictures.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am among the few that hate the sims4 graphic and style. Sims3 looks much more realistic to me. Not to mention how stupid and annoying (imo) the sims look in sims4 when they constantly make silly faces lifting their brows widening their eyes and opening their mouth looking happy.
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    My view is that The Sims 3 went for a "realism" design, where The Sims 4 went for a more cartoony (can't think of a better term) design. I like them both however.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    If you want an analogy, I see TS3 (and 2) as tofu and TS4 as pre-marinated chicken I can buy at some stores.

You can do a lot with tofu. It doesn't look flashy but you can dress it up how you want. The pre-marinated chicken? It's kind of decided for me, and I think it tastes awful anyways.

I don't think TS4's style lends to a lot of flexibility with the style you want. Lots of simmers seem to like the bright colors, but I'll pass for a game I can make look dark with little effort.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    edited May 2015
    I can't get over how... chunky TS4 looks. The hair looks like taffy. The whole game gives me a sort of playdough feel. And if you use CC to counteract that, it doesn't fit the style of the rest of the game. Not to mention the townies will even look more bizarre and the Sim looks out of place.

TS3 though since the style isn't so playdough-like it's easier to have the CC blend in. The basegame textures also aren't oversaturated.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    TS4 looks like a cheap mobile game.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Nope! It doesn't look old to me. Graphics don't make or break a game for me. Right now, TS3 is better than 4 in my opinion because it suits my play style better. I like both styles though.. Can't say which I favor more when it comes to graphics.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    And I think that all of the sims games are pure masterpiece in their own way and simmers got so many choices to pick.(Sims 1-4) If you do not like the newer version(The sims 4), you can always stick to this what you like. Personally I think the sims 4 graphics look very good. I like the smooth game-play. But to compare it to the sims 3...Nope, I wont even start to. I love them both for what they are.