Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic relationships seem PG

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    I've bring up to the gurus on Twitter I'd like the kiss neck option for adults. Two have told me they may add that in the future.
  • Options
    If not an EP I'd take a dating Gamepack.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just really miss the bed interactions. I'm afraid that when hot tubs return, the interactions are going to be G rated too. I did try to bring this subject up with a Guru and never got a reply back about it. I mean I'm fine with tame kisses. I would just like some nice make out kisses too like what the Sims 2 had. The Sims 1 had some pretty awesome romantic interactions too. I still remember that bear rug makeout and woohoo. The cake dancer needs to return too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    They did tend to get less steamy as time went on, but they are still cute. My all time fav is the ts2 first kiss.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    I feel like the whole game is rated PG. TS 2 was probably the only game in the series that earned the teen rating.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    In my honest opinion, I prefer the new "PG" version of animations. There are far too many games out there that promote love and relationships as something overly raunchy. I don't want that from my sims. I like that Sims 4 focuses on the little things when it comes to love :)
    The Sims 2 used to be embarrassing to watch sometimes. But when it comes to different animations and things you can actually do, the sims 4 could still improve and more than likely will with a "nightlife" style EP.
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Yes, I want steamy romnce again.
    Enough to make my eyes condense. xD
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I sort of feel funny when adult Sims can ask each other to be 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'. That seems like it should just belong in to a teen interaction. I mean really do we actually still say some one is our boyfriend when we are forty? I don't know, it just seemed so childish in some way.

Why not? I know people that had boyfriends after 50s and remarried at 60. What is wrong with that? boyfriend and loved one or long term relationship is the same term.

Plenty of people have boyfriends/girlfriends later in life. After my friend's grandpa passed away, her grandma is now dating again. My friend's grandma is in her 60s. I have a coworker who is 50, who has a boyfriend. The term boyfriend/girlfriend isn't just for teens and young adults. And also, plenty of young people get married as well. I got married at 18. Why should it be any different with sims?
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I sort of feel funny when adult Sims can ask each other to be 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'. That seems like it should just belong in to a teen interaction. I mean really do we actually still say some one is our boyfriend when we are forty? I don't know, it just seemed so childish in some way.
    I hear you on that one, however, I've been married to my hubby for almost 41 years now, and he still considers me his "girlfriend". LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    That's an interesting viewpoint. I'm not a teen, I've been with my boyfriend for 10 years, and until we get engaged he's still considered to be my "boyfriend". I don't think it's childish, it's just a label for what it is.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I just really miss the bed interactions. I'm afraid that when hot tubs return, the interactions are going to be G rated too. I did try to bring this subject up with a Guru and never got a reply back about it. I mean I'm fine with tame kisses. I would just like some nice make out kisses too like what the Sims 2 had. The Sims 1 had some pretty awesome romantic interactions too. I still remember that bear rug makeout and woohoo. The cake dancer needs to return too.

I miss cuddling in bed. I want my sims to be able to make out in a hot tub and woohoo in a hot tub. I want the hot tub woohoo to show legs up in the air and hands and feet all over each other. I don't just want sims to disappear under water. I also want a return of shower woohoo. I want the dance cage to return. Also, I miss having bachelor/bachelorette parties complete with the dancers from TS3. I do however, like the passionate kiss when the sim is in a flirty mood. I also miss proposals at the dinner table from TS2. And YES to the cake dancer!!!
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    What would you have them call it? Manfriend/womanfriend? Life partners? I mean sure, the game is childish in some ways, but the boyfriend/girlfriend label seems fine to me.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Amiutza wrote: »
    What would you have them call it? Manfriend/womanfriend? Life partners? I mean sure, the game is childish in some ways, but the boyfriend/girlfriend label seems fine to me.

Boyfriend/girlfriend is what is it. Manfriend/Womanfriend sounds weird to me. I think some adults just call it "partners." I've always just called it boyfriend/girlfriend even though I'm an adult. Of course I call my husband, hubby!
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member

titanic.gif

*cough*

Anyway, I really hate the animations after you ask someone to woo-hoo. They high-five each other. It's so childish.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    this is needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JceIkaJ6Wu0
    But I would like a little more sexiness in the Sims back.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    titanic.gif

*cough*

Anyway, I really hate the animations after you ask someone to woo-hoo. They high-five each other. It's so childish.

I would much rather prefer a steamy kiss before they woohoo. High-fives are something you do with a friend, sibling, or parent. It's not something you do in a romantic relationship.
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    I feel like the whole game is rated PG. TS 2 was probably the only game in the series that earned the teen rating.
    Nah the Sims 1 did too. It had cake dancers and steamy woohoos and sounds with it. Plus it was a great game for deviant players.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimSwim2 wrote: »

I miss cuddling in bed. I want my sims to be able to make out in a hot tub and woohoo in a hot tub. I want the hot tub woohoo to show legs up in the air and hands and feet all over each other. I don't just want sims to disappear under water. I also want a return of shower woohoo. I want the dance cage to return. Also, I miss having bachelor/bachelorette parties complete with the dancers from TS3. I do however, like the passionate kiss when the sim is in a flirty mood. I also miss proposals at the dinner table from TS2. And YES to the cake dancer!!!
    Yeah that would be nice to have come back. I would love for the shower woohoo to return too.
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    Nah the Sims 1 did too. It had cake dancers and steamy woohoos and sounds with it. Plus it was a great game for deviant players.

I loved those cake dancers. I didn't thin TS1 had woohooing in it. I thought they sims would kiss each other, then get a phone call that allowed them to receive a baby. I never tried bed interactions in the game though. I was only 10 when I played TS1 and didn't know all the features lol.
  • Options
    @MasonGamer I love your signature. Once Upon a Time is one of my favorite shows!
  • Options
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I loved those cake dancers. I didn't think TS1 had woohooing in it. I thought they sims would kiss each other, then get a phone call that allowed them to receive a baby. I never tried bed interactions in the game though. I was only 10 when I played TS1 and didn't know all the features lol.
    Oh yeah it had woohoo in it. But it wasn't called that. It was like interactions like play in bed. There was the heart bed, the bear rug, the hot tub. I loved the bear rug.
    2n66uko.jpg

Some of the massages in the game were pretty cool too. One of them was done with the Sims pixelated.
  • Options
    I still miss shower woohoo. :p
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2015
    Eh, I don't mind it that much, but it would be nice to have more steamy makeout sessions. What I really don't like (actually hate) is the high-five before woohoo and how full grown adults giggle and jump up and down like 5 year olds when one asks to be girlfriend/boyfriend. Seriously, this game is all kinds of confusing. Teens can wohoo, I mean, "mess around", and then adults act like complete children.
  • Options
    Eh, I don't mind it that much, but it would be nice to have more steamy makeout sessions. What I really don't like (actually hate) is the high-five before woohoo and how full grown adults giggle and jump up and down like 5 year olds when one asks to be girlfriend/boyfriend. Seriously, this game is all kinds of confusing. Teens can wohoo, I mean, "mess around", and then adults act like complete children.

Yet, I thoughts adults were "supposed to be" more mature than teens. Seriously, are these adults having a midlife crisis or something? I just want my teens to act like teens and my adults to act like adults. Is this too much to ask? Even the children in the game seem a little mature sometimes. I want my teens to be rebellious and my children to tease other children. I miss the ability to pull pranks and break curfew. I like that teens can mess around in TS4. I also like that teens can give other teens they are in love with a promise ring. My adults in the game act like a 12 or 13 year old girl who just found out their crush likes them back! All of the adults in my game act childish with or without the childish trait.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    TS2 level of stream being randomly autonomous.

That would be comedy gold.