The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien Abduction and No Abductions Mod 1.5 (Update June 11th)

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited May 2015
    > @Cyph86 said:
    > roseinblack69 wrote: »
    >
    > I would like to tell that my scientist Seppo had an alien baby girl named Keira and her mother isn't some nameless pollination technician #3 like it was happened in my previous game, but pollinator named Annabel Suggs :) Maybe it's influence of story progression mod I use or it's your mod's influence, Cyph86 :) I'm very glad, because I like that baby's mother has a name like all aliens, but I'm not sure Seppo will meet her someday.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ha ha ha that's amazing! I believe you are using the MC Command Center? I had the same thing happening to me when I used this mod! The Pollination Technician #3 is the only pollination alien there is and the mod exchanges the npc's to real sims! That means it could very well be that we could meet the alien mother on Sixam or as a visitor? Never tried that actually. But I am also not sure if the mod is updated for the May patch yet. So I took it out of my game for now.

Yes, I use MC Command Center the newest 1.3 update and it works perfect, no any conflicts with your mods and game (I just added your newest mod alien pregnancy 1.2 :) I think you can use MC Command center without any worries, it works perfect :)
    Between elder alien female what was abducted by other aliens was really pregnant and had even 3 alien babies - 2 girs and a boy :) They all have green skin like she, so I think her pollinator was different alien, not Annabel Suggs, cause Seppo's daughter Keira has a blue skin :) And now Seppo's husband alien will have a baby too, so I will have very great and weird sims family soon :D
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited May 2015
    Update: As per fan request I created another flavor of the main abduction mod 1.2

This time it's a 50% chance for pregnancies. That means females as well as males will be abducted but can return not pregnant at all!
    I just tested it in two different games. 1st time male came back without being pregnant. 2nd time he was pregnant. Then my female sim got abducted and came back not pregnant. The 2nd time however they managed to impregnate her. So whoever wants to be surprised through abduction use this version instead of the main 1.2 mod. Then you will not know for sure if your sim got pregnant or not.
  • Options
    Yes, I use MC Command Center the newest 1.3 update and it works perfect, no any conflicts with your mods and game (I just added your newest mod alien pregnancy 1.2 :) I think you can use MC Command center without any worries, it works perfect :)
    Between elder alien female what was abducted by other aliens was really pregnant and had even 3 alien babies - 2 girs and a boy :) They all have green skin like she, so I think her pollinator was different alien, not Annabel Suggs, cause Seppo's daughter Keira has a blue skin :) And now Seppo's husband alien will have a baby too, so I will have very great and weird sims family soon :D

Wow that sounds amazing. I did not see yet in my game that the aliens abduct other people in my household. Neighbors etc. Did it happen after contacting the aliens? Or was the satellite already running for a while without using it when the abductions happened? BTW. I've added the MC Command Center mod in my game and found that I need to contact them more than once in order to be abducted, while without this mod the abduction happened right after the first contact. Weird... I don't see why it should conflict, as this is a core script. And mine is a tuning mod. But maybe I was just lucky the first test rounds lol
    that's funny that the elder alien had 3 children :D that's amazing! I have to continue playing now after so many test hours... So I can see the things that you guys observe as well!

• Options
    Cyph86 wrote: »

Wow that sounds amazing. I did not see yet in my game that the aliens abduct other people in my household. Neighbors etc. Did it happen after contacting the aliens? Or was the satellite already running for a while without using it when the abductions happened? BTW. I've added the MC Command Center mod in my game and found that I need to contact them more than once in order to be abducted, while without this mod the abduction happened right after the first contact. Weird... I don't see why it should conflict, as this is a core script. And mine is a tuning mod. But maybe I was just lucky the first test rounds lol
    that's funny that the elder alien had 3 children :D that's amazing! I have to continue playing now after so many test hours... So I can see the things that you guys observe as well!

It has happened when Seppo contacted the aliens using satellite. He was abducted at once already being pregnant and I've noticed aliens coming to their home. The elder female alien was the last what I've noticed. She stood on the street watching weird lights and then she also got abducted :) I loved it :)
    I think it's not MC Command Center, it's just how your mod works and it works great in my game. I was curious what will happen when Seppo's husband alien will call to aliens and when he did that he got abducted at once after using the satellite. I just think that to have a baby in hospital joining your sim there isn't the best idea, because I think your sim can have only one baby in hospital. When Seppo had his baby girl he still looked like pregnant and I've noticed the same in my previous game :/ When Seppo returned home he didn't have pregnant belly anymore. It's really weird.
    I'll see what will happen when his husband will have a baby at home or I'll not join him in hospital. Later I'll try do not use satellite, I'm curious if my sims will be abducted or not as satellite still tries to contact aliens :)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Update: As per fan request I created another flavor of the main abduction mod 1.2

This time it's a 50% chance for pregnancies. That means females as well as males will be abducted but can return not pregnant at all!
    I just tested it in two different games. 1st time male came back without being pregnant. 2nd time he was pregnant. Then my female sim got abducted and came back not pregnant. The 2nd time however they managed to impregnate her. So whoever wants to be surprised through abduction use this version instead of the main 1.2 mod. Then you will not know for sure if your sim got pregnant or not.

I downloaded the other version (haven't played yet) but I like this option! Cool!
  • Options
    JiankaJianka Posts: 6 New Member
    Yay! So many flavors, I love it.
    Emm... "Does Prevent Abductions [X hours]" still mean instant/high chances with "Contact aliens" option chosen?
  • Options
    Jianka wrote: »
    Yay! So many flavors, I love it.
    Emm... "Does Prevent Abductions [X hours]" still mean instant/high chances with "Contact aliens" option chosen?

Yes all mods use the original flavor of 80%. However the prevent abduction will stay on this long. And any time you choose to abduct a sim you can contact them while the satellite stays in preventing mode! :)
  • Options
    LOL my mod finally went on MTS and guess what two people are accusing me of stealing the mod from someone else... There is no other mod that does this... So who should I have stolen it from? People are really pathetic at times...
  • Options
    LOL my mod finally went on MTS and guess what two people are accusing me of stealing the mod from someone else... There is no other mod that does this... So who should I have stolen it from? People are really pathetic at times...

Maybe they are accusing you of stealing it from yourself? Is your MTS name the same as here?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Maybe they are accusing you of stealing it from yourself? Is your MTS name the same as here?

No it's not, but they accuse me of stealing from ClaudiaSharon. She created a No Abductions mod and it's not working correctly. She uses different means of prevention and not like I do combined with the satellite. I do admit that I asked her for help in the beginning, but she did not check the files yet and could not say exactly what needs to be changed in order to make the mod working, as it does right now. So after some time I did not want to wait any longer and sat down for more than a week, I mean you guys know that I worked a lot on it... And I created it myself in the end. Now that it is up on MTS, ClaudiaSharon spread all over her blog that I stole her mod... Even though not seeing that my whole mod is completely differently structured and works in different ways... So two of her people came on over and accused me of having stolen this mod... While she only has a NO abductions mod on her page... which btw. prevents the whole random abductions.

While my No abduction mod only prevents the abductions once the satellite is turned on "prevent abductions" I do not prevent the random chances at least not until someone chooses to do so.
    Post edited by Tanja1986 on
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

No it's not, but they accuse me of stealing from ClaudiaSharon. She created a No Abductions mod and it's not working correctly. She uses different means of prevention and not like I do combined with the satellite. I do admit that I asked her for help in the beginning, but she did not check the files yet and could not say exactly what needs to be changed in order to make the mod working, as it does right now. So after some time I did not want to wait any longer and sat down for more than a week, I mean you guys know that I worked a lot on it... And I created it myself in the end. Now that it is up on MTS, ClaudiaSharon spread all over her blog that I stole her mod... Even though not seeing that my whole mod is completely differently structured and works in different ways... So two of her people came on over and accused me of having stolen this mod... While she only has a NO abductions mod on her page... which btw. prevents the whole random abductions.

While my No abduction mod only prevents the abductions once the satellite is turned on "prevent abductions" I do not prevent the random chances at least not until someone chooses to do so.

Never heard of her, never saw her mod anywhere, and have been following your progress religiously from the start. People are so annoying sometimes. I'm sorry that happened.
  • Options
    Don't pay your attention at those people :/ Sometimes they like pretend that they know everything, but they know nothing in fact. I watched the whole process of this mod since its beginning in this forum and I know a true like others. You have our support, Cyph86.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

That is horrible and so untrue. We have all followed your progress and know you made this mod. Well we should all pay a visit to MTS. That is crap. People are so stupid sometimes. I think she may be jealous. How dumb. I am sorry this happened to you. And thank you for making the mod.
  • Options
    Don't pay your attention at those people :/ Sometimes they like pretend that they know everything, but they know nothing in fact. I watched the whole process of this mod since its beginning in this forum and I know a true like others. You have our support, Cyph86.

Thank you so much about this, that really helped me. Was a little sad earlier... However I tried to handle it peacefully, but just read a nice provocative message on her blog because of the no abduction mod... She teases me and tells her people she will create a better one as the one that was "stolen"... Stolen... yeah... as I said, some files need to be edited if you want to create an abduction mod. and sadly there are not that many that can be edited, but I found them all. And in my opinion there is no better way than preventing abductions through the satellite forever, or in different flavors, as I uploaded. She would probably make it better in the way that no satellite is needed for prevention, but that's not what I want and not what some other people here wanted. I read all over the forum people wanted a way to prevent for longer times through the satellite and NOT the random abductions that could happen from the start. But that's what her mod does. She lowered the tracker files which are the cause for abductions. Of course I needed to edit these files as well in order to get it working... And people assume because I use these files as well, it must be stolen... Ridicules really...
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Well we should all pay a visit to MTS. That is crap. People are so stupid sometimes. I think she may be jealous. How dumb. I am sorry this happened to you. And thank you for making the mod.

No that's what her fans did, I don't want my friends and fans to do the same thing, that would be as if I would go low as her when she chose to post about it to all her blog fans. They decided to go to my mod and write about it. So no worry... if she should come out with another mod, you all are free to use hers if you want to. I am not doing the same mistake that she did... So please no revenge movements here!

• Options
    That behavior is just ridiculous. Some people have similar ideas - obviously you both wanted to work on something regarding aliens - that fact alone does not mean you stole from her. So she is being childish even making that claim.
    Plus you asked fro her help, so she knows you did this all on your own and she knew from the beginning what you were doing. If she really felt it was too similar to her own she had the opportunity to say that right away.

Plus, even if you had seen her mod and it had ever worked, and you decided to expand on it then she should be happy that she helped create a new mod. B/c you would have given credit to her. I've seen plenty of modders who use other mods or expand on other things and no one is being petty about it.

It does suck when you have an idea and someone else does it - but no idea is unique. I have a boutique/bakery in my GTW LP and I had the idea when GTW was announced -- you know how many other people do boutique bakeries? I don't think for a second they stole it. We just came up with the same idea from the same sources. Yeah it sucks a little b/c my channel is so small and that could have drawn in some new viewers and now the big channels have the same thing so they'll get the viewers, but whatever. No one copied anyone. And I certainly wouldn't claim someone stole my idea b/c they did something related to a retail shop you know? So this girl spreading those lies when your mods are really not that similar is silly.

She wants to stop them all together - that to me is a very different downloader base then what your mod does. No one here would be downloading hers, so it's not stealing her fan base. The people that may want to prevent aliens that get your mod may move on to hers if it ever works b/c it suits them better. It's two different sets of peoples wants here. She should realize that.
  • Options
    Thank you @Spacey72659 I really appreciate this and I could have not said it better myself. I am German and the English language is not my main language, so everyone who wants to read it in proper English, please read the quoted text, as this explains exactly what I try to say. Thank you so much for clarifying it a little bit more!

And I agree her fan base want the prevention, so it's not a stealing of fans, exactly! As my mod was certainly planned on the fact to provide most people what they wanted and the No abductions mod is really a small part in it. I was working more on the ABDUCTIONS mods than anything else. So yeah... Well we will see what will happen next.
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    Awwww, We all know that is not true. Like so many have said we have watched this since the beginning. Just move on, sad that people do that. You have our support here :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    I saw your mod on mts at first I thought someone had stolen your mod lol,then I recalled the name on the download file,we know here that you did the work,the only thing similar I can think of that you might have used at all was her mod for inspiration and directions,otherwise the two mods are nothing alike.

I agree wholeheartedly with Olivesims2 you have our support here.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Well we should all pay a visit to MTS. That is crap. People are so stupid sometimes. I think she may be jealous. How dumb. I am sorry this happened to you. And thank you for making the mod.

No that's what her fans did, I don't want my friends and fans to do the same thing, that would be as if I would go low as her when she chose to post about it to all her blog fans. They decided to go to my mod and write about it. So no worry... if she should come out with another mod, you all are free to use hers if you want to. I am not doing the same mistake that she did... So please no revenge movements here!

You are so nice. I am really sorry this happened to you. Okay no revenge. Maybe people using your mod is the best revenge anyway...you know what they say: Living life well is sometimes the best revenge or something like that.
  • Options
    I saw your mod on mts at first I thought someone had stolen your mod lol,then I recalled the name on the download file,we know here that you did the work,the only thing similar I can think of that you might have used at all was her mod for inspiration and directions,otherwise the two mods are nothing alike.

I agree wholeheartedly with Olivesims2 you have our support here.

awww thank you so much for the kind words! I really feel so much better now! You guys are the best. And yeah... the whole name thing seems to confuse people also... I wonder if I can change my name here somehow... I don't know if I can at MTS. Probably not.

And yes you are right, absolutely I did not intend stealing anything. After all I did not even use her mod afterwards. All I did was looking over her files of the no abduction mod to see if I can make an abduction mod. But since it did not work the way I wanted it, I erased her mod from my hard drive and started from scrap. And what came out is far better than maybe random abductions happen or not... EA gave us the last option and you see what happened... no abductions at all...
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    this mod does what I have been wanting since sims 2,without the need to have two or three separate mods to have females get preggers when abducted.

in case I forgot thank you very much for making this,for me it works exactly as stated and better then what I hoped for :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the report for the mod. I am so happy to see that it works as intended for all of you guys! Excellent :smile: And yes I agree... I never had abductions in Sims 2 either and Sims 3 even though I tried to look through the telescope it never happened... It was a burden to get to play with aliens. Now I am very happy that I created a mod at least for Sims 4 :) I just followed the outcry of so many people after the April patch, that's all :)
  • Options
    I can't wait to see how this works in my game. I did a few games for a new LP tonight but it's a runaway teen so she won't get abducted. I almost want to force an abduction in a game to see what happens but I also want to keep it a surprise. Hahahaa.
    Luckily I have a scientist that keeps having to use the satellite for his daily job tasks so... hehehee.
  • Options
    I can't wait to see how this works in my game. I did a few games for a new LP tonight but it's a runaway teen so she won't get abducted. I almost want to force an abduction in a game to see what happens but I also want to keep it a surprise. Hahahaa.
    Luckily I have a scientist that keeps having to use the satellite for his daily job tasks so... hehehee.

BTW. since the last May patch it's not possible anymore to be abducted from the career lot. It supposedly was possible before. But EA patched it out in the latest patch. I kept this code bit in the 1.2 version of my mod. I think it's fine since we are there to work anyway. Unless however people would like chances again to be abducted from the work lot :smiley: