Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks! I'm thinking I'm going to switch homes today. I really need to get working on this blog of mine so I can catch up lol. Both homes look amazing. This is probably a stupid question but I can't figure out to put an image into my comments. Do I just use the URL from my PC??

*EDIT*
    The next chapter is up!
    http://100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/2015/04/100-baby-challenge-chapter-7-new.html
    Post edited by Rhyanie on
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Oh I love that house @Juliee101! The Gallery hasn't been working for me lately, otherwise I would have just downloaded a house from the Gallery, too, lol. I'm not much of a builder, either.

I'm looking forward to your next blog update, @Rhyanie. :) You can embed screenshots into your posts by uploading the image online somewhere (I upload mine to Photobucket) and then pasting the direct url of the image into your post between these BBCode tags:
    [IMG]url goes here[/IMG]

• Options
    edited April 2015
    @Ashleigh825 Thanks! Guess I'll get a photobucket account. I just downloaded and placed a house from the gallery, we're going to have to put ourselves to work to get lots more money if I want to move the family in there. After I place the house and went back to game play the cooking action glitched out so now I'm in repair game mode. Oh I wish they'd fix that glitch. I did the scan and looks like we're getting ready to have another set of twins!!! I'm so excited, I did add the fertile trait just before this pregnancy so that could be it. The father is also alien, didn't find that out until after they woohooed. I'm excited for another chance at alien babies.

Oh my, why did it change my word that I used to plum?? It wasn't even a bad word lol.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2015
    So I can't record but I thought I'd try my hand at blogging, since I liked @Rhyanie 's blog so much. I wish I could get the pretty formatting but I'll try my best I guess. Since I'm starting in the middle of my challenge I just did a review post and then I'll work on new posts about the family from there.

It seems I can't post links but it's mandies100babychallenge(dot)blogspot(dot)(com)

Anyone know how I get out of "New Member" mode?
  • Options
    @Eminik, here's everything you need to know about earning Member status. :)http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated-30-12-14/p1

You need to have at least 30 posts, your account must be at least 24 hours old and you need to earn 50 points to become a Member. You earn points by earning forum badges and you earn a point whenever someone likes your post. Basically, it's just a matter of being active in the community. Point farming/giving away Likes to New Members for the purpose of upgrading them to Member is not allowed but I'll be sure to remember to give any deserving posts from you a Like since you are very active here and give good input into this thread and other places. :) I'll also go check out your blog. I'd love if you could give mine a look in return!

In Baby Challenge news, I'm pulling my hair out, aha. I used to have the perfect system going for rearing and moving out kids faster than a revolving door can spin but that time I spent accidentally playing another household in the same file while my baby challenge household aged messed me up big time. Two of the kids aged into teens naturally without getting an A in school so they started out as C students in high school instead of B students, ugh! With the glitch that stops teens from raising their grades, that was SO frustrating! I ended up using a cheat to bump them up to B grades after their bars were maxed out and their requirements were all completed but now I'm stuck waiting for them to get As. A bunch of the kids are also about to age up naturally without getting As and I've had to use a bunch of sleep replacement potions to get them back on track, it's nuts! I managed to age up and move out one teen just before Camilla had her twin girls so now there's space in the house for just one more baby but I really need multiples to catch up. Everything's a freaking mess right now.
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    Just saying Hi!

I started updating you guys on my challenge at the start of the year then we moved house and I haven't been a very attentive mum but the next part of my 100 baby challenge is up now (link in sig) if anyone fancies checking it out please do so. Feel free to give feed back here or on my blog comments. If you do check it out let me know so I can check yours out too :)
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • Options
    Oh awesome! More blogs! :smiley:

My blog's a story blog, link is the banner in my siggy. :) It'd be great if you could stop by and leave some feedback.
  • Options
    I love your blog @Ashleigh825, I have it bookmarked. I'm working on reading all the way through from the start. <3

And thanks for the help with member status :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Eminik Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog. Looks like you are ranked as member now so you should be able to link in comments. You can also add to your signature as well. I'm thinking of going in a different direction with the 2nd generation on my blog, making it more of a story. Also you can go in and change your template and font. I just made sure to adjust my margins and everything. It takes me quite some time to get the blog to look the way I want it, pictures and word rarely show where I want them to the first run through. I usually have a preview up in another tab so I can just go back and fourth to look at what the final product will turn out like. I think you can also download blog skins to change it up from what blogger gives you.
    @Ashleigh825 that stinks, I stopped playing my alien baby challenge because I would get so out of rhythm with my original challenge. I've been reading your blog while I was waiting for my game to repair and I'm just so engrossed in the Charm legacy right now, it really makes me miss TS3. I was telling my hubby about it yesterday, I love Sims4 but there was just so much more to TS3, sometimes I feel like we took a giant step backward. I have to remind myself that TS3 didn't have all the super cool stuff when it first launched either. I'm just missing how many lots we used to have in game.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    Eminik wrote: »
    I love your blog @Ashleigh825, I have it bookmarked. I'm working on reading all the way through from the start. <3

And thanks for the help with member status :D

Oh thanks! I'm glad you like it! :smiley: I have yours bookmarked, too. I have a folder dedicated to baby blogs, haha. My collection is growing quickly.

lolblogs_zps8gimfwdm.png

And no problem. :) You do make posts that actually contribute to the thread so it's not like I was giving freebie likes or anything, lol.
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    @Eminik Thanks! I'm glad you like my blog. Looks like you are ranked as member now so you should be able to link in comments. You can also add to your signature as well. I'm thinking of going in a different direction with the 2nd generation on my blog, making it more of a story. Also you can go in and change your template and font. I just made sure to adjust my margins and everything. It takes me quite some time to get the blog to look the way I want it, pictures and word rarely show where I want them to the first run through. I usually have a preview up in another tab so I can just go back and fourth to look at what the final product will turn out like. I think you can also download blog skins to change it up from what blogger gives you.
    @Ashleigh825 that stinks, I stopped playing my alien baby challenge because I would get so out of rhythm with my original challenge. I've been reading your blog while I was waiting for my game to repair and I'm just so engrossed in the Charm legacy right now, it really makes me miss TS3. I was telling my hubby about it yesterday, I love Sims4 but there was just so much more to TS3, sometimes I feel like we took a giant step backward. I have to remind myself that TS3 didn't have all the super cool stuff when it first launched either. I'm just missing how many lots we used to have in game.

Sometimes I miss TS3, too, but then I remember what a laggy, glitchy crash fest it was and then I'm more than happy to just play TS4 forever, haha. I have a lot more fun playing TS4 than I ever did playing TS3 because I'm not constantly fighting with the game to work, dealing with lag and being terrified of my game blowing up on me if I don't save every 2.5 seconds. No thanks, don't need that stress in my life again, lol.
  • Options
    yameanodayameanoda Posts: 18 New Member
    Hello, i'm new to Sims 4. The last Sims (or Sims 2) i played was in the early 2000s! All i did was play then kill off Sims by drowning them in the pool!

I was aimless on Sims 4 and remembered a friend at college telling me about "Sims Legacy Challenge" and i thought i'd look it up! Lo and behold, i find a whole long list of challenges and i tried to do a legacy with the Sims i was already playing with, aimlessly, but it felt weird, so i thought i'd try something else before embarking on The Legacy Challenge!

My first Matriarch is Gianna Bebe. She quickly went out to find baby daddies and got pregnant pretty soon. She paints in her free time and cooks. I decided to name the offspring alphabetically - i didn't know it was a thing people did till i read the forums more - first boy is Alpha, followed by Bravo (i'm not very imaginative). Initially it was difficult to juggle and get their grades up, so a couple just naturally aged up when their birthdays arrived.

Initially, we were so poor our utilities got all shut down. While kids were at school, Gianna went to neighbours to do what she needed to, but we were even so poor that we could not cook anything! Finally, selling miscellaneous drawings from the kids, we were able to grill some tofu dogs and take them home! Things finally took a turn when Alpha (the oldest boy) got a part time job!

Now, Gianna just had her birthday celebration and is an Elder. Her youngest girl (who will take over as Matriarch) is just a baby - Gianna went into labour when she was 1 day to aging up and when she got home, after settling in, i was notified to celebrate her birthday. Gianna is taking up planting in her Elder years and maybe some writing once her youngest is no longer a baby.

Let's go Generation 2.
  • Options
    yameanoda wrote: »
    Hello, i'm new to Sims 4. The last Sims (or Sims 2) i played was in the early 2000s! All i did was play then kill off Sims by drowning them in the pool!

I was aimless on Sims 4 and remembered a friend at college telling me about "Sims Legacy Challenge" and i thought i'd look it up! Lo and behold, i find a whole long list of challenges and i tried to do a legacy with the Sims i was already playing with, aimlessly, but it felt weird, so i thought i'd try something else before embarking on The Legacy Challenge!

My first Matriarch is Gianna Bebe. She quickly went out to find baby daddies and got pregnant pretty soon. She paints in her free time and cooks. I decided to name the offspring alphabetically - i didn't know it was a thing people did till i read the forums more - first boy is Alpha, followed by Bravo (i'm not very imaginative). Initially it was difficult to juggle and get their grades up, so a couple just naturally aged up when their birthdays arrived.

Initially, we were so poor our utilities got all shut down. While kids were at school, Gianna went to neighbours to do what she needed to, but we were even so poor that we could not cook anything! Finally, selling miscellaneous drawings from the kids, we were able to grill some tofu dogs and take them home! Things finally took a turn when Alpha (the oldest boy) got a part time job!

Now, Gianna just had her birthday celebration and is an Elder. Her youngest girl (who will take over as Matriarch) is just a baby - Gianna went into labour when she was 1 day to aging up and when she got home, after settling in, i was notified to celebrate her birthday. Gianna is taking up planting in her Elder years and maybe some writing once her youngest is no longer a baby.

Let's go Generation 2.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! It can be hard to juggle the kids at first, I'm fine as long as there aren't that many in the house but right now I have a full house and it's getting harder to manage. But Im getting there. :)

• Options
    BrandiArt321BrandiArt321 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys. So I'm not sure where this falls in but I'm going to throw this info out there. So for the whiz kid aspiration the last section you need the kid to get an "a" in school. Well if you have an a prior to, for whatever reason, the game won't check it off. The only way to complete this is to use the aspiration.complete_current_milestone cheat. I've just spent like the last 30 mins looking for another way. I've seen many people say they've got the grade down to a b by skipping school and getting it back up to an a and it still didn't check it off. So I'm not sure if this should be considered in the rules or just cheating since you have to use a cheat code? I know the goal is just to pop out 100 kids but I'm still attempting some aspirations. :lol:

On the plus side. My matriarch is officially an elder. It's weird because the "youngest" is actually a teen and the actual youngest child was born before her sister lol. So I guess she will be the next matriarch. But as soon as I age up my next matriarch I will post specifics for generation one. :smile:
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Hey guys. So I'm not sure where this falls in but I'm going to throw this info out there. So for the whiz kid aspiration the last section you need the kid to get an "a" in school. Well if you have an a prior to, for whatever reason, the game won't check it off. The only way to complete this is to use the aspiration.complete_current_milestone cheat. I've just spent like the last 30 mins looking for another way. I've seen many people say they've got the grade down to a b by skipping school and getting it back up to an a and it still didn't check it off. So I'm not sure if this should be considered in the rules or just cheating since you have to use a cheat code? I know the goal is just to pop out 100 kids but I'm still attempting some aspirations. :lol:

On the plus side. My matriarch is officially an elder. It's weird because the "youngest" is actually a teen and the actual youngest child was born before her sister lol. So I guess she will be the next matriarch. But as soon as I age up my next matriarch I will post specifics for generation one. :smile:

I don't think that would count as a cheat b/c it's a flaw in the game that you have to correct. It's not like you are cheating to finish the aspiration and didn't have the kid actually get an A... you know?
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I don't think that would count as a cheat b/c it's a flaw in the game that you have to correct. It's not like you are cheating to finish the aspiration and didn't have the kid actually get an A... you know?

Yep like Spacey said, that's okay. You're always allowed to use any cheats/hacks/mods necessary to correct game glitches. I had to use the "Careers.Promote_HighSchool" cheat not too long ago to move my twins from a C to a B when they met all the requirements and still wouldn't come home with a higher grade.

• Options
    BrandiArt321BrandiArt321 Posts: 54 Member
    Cool. Thanks for the clarification guys. :smile:
  • Options
    srmoor2srmoor2 Posts: 145 Member
    I've never done one of these challenges before, but it sounds like fun! I think I'll try it. ^_^
    tumblr_m306n70R7A1qc0c29.gif
    Origin ID: srmoor2
    Regular Insta: instagram.com/sierra830
    Sims RP Insta: instagram.com/rpalessandra
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @Yameanoda I did alphabetical my fist generation. It wasn't intentional but when I named the first two with an A and B name I kind of went with it. It gave me a great way to keep track of what number I was on. I went a little differently with my second generation and used a random letter generator. When the first child was born I used the letter generator and it picked the first letter of not only the first baby but all the children after. They will all have the same letter starting their first names. It makes it more challenging so I'm on baby naming websites a lot lol. I actually sat down and put all the boy and girl names I liked into my spreadsheet so that when it came time to name one I just had to pick one from the list without going to the website and sifting through names. Good luck on your second generation.

Posted the first generation line to my blog, with pictures too :)
    OriginID RachieBee22
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    Baby Challenge Data
  • Options
    scottishracer98scottishracer98 Posts: 1 New Member
    This looks like a fun challange. Will have to start this tonight.
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    so i was just playing
    i get the honorably simguru achievement
    play the sims 4 for 100 hours.

i have no life.
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    Oh awesome! More blogs! :smiley:

My blog's a story blog, link is the banner in my siggy. :) It'd be great if you could stop by and leave some feedback.

On my reading list!

Looks great from what I have seen, can't wait to get chance to sit down and read through them properly :)
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...
  • Options
    Dvds123Dvds123 Posts: 9 New Member
    I just finished my first generation in this challenge and I just wanted to share the stats so here they are

My matriarch Christina had 22 babies in all. 8 of them were female and 14 of them were males. She had 3 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets. And now her youngest daughter Diana Crowley will take the torch and hopefully make some nice babies.
  • Options
    Juliee101 wrote: »
    so i was just playing
    i get the honorably simguru achievement
    play the sims 4 for 100 hours.

i have no life.

Lol I've gotten that achievement several times in several different game files. I have no life either. :wink:

Great to see some new challenge players in the thread! :smiley: If y'all have blogs, let me know because I have a folder full of baby challenge blog bookmarks, haha.

Camilla just had twin girls, Gladys and Kathryn in my game. These might be the last girls she has since she's 6 days away from elderhood and she has an almost full house right now with 6 kids, only space for one more. I think I'm going to get her pregnant again right away anyway instead of waiting for more space so I can prolong Camilla's adult life as long as possible, lol. The pregnancy will delay her elder birthday by three days which just might be enough time for me to move out a bunch more kids, we'll see.
  • Options
    melissa_simmelissa_sim Posts: 50 Member
    I'm doing this challenge, and I randomly chose some guys from the gallery so there's more men for her to have babies with. Is it okay if the fathers are brothers? Like let's say Daddy A is the father of Baby A, and he is brothers with Daddy B and Daddy B is the father of Baby B? Could that happen?
    (tl;dr 2 different kids have fathers that are brothers, but have same mom)
    It will obviously be one messed twisted family tree.
  • Options
    I'm doing this challenge, and I randomly chose some guys from the gallery so there's more men for her to have babies with. Is it okay if the fathers are brothers? Like let's say Daddy A is the father of Baby A, and he is brothers with Daddy B and Daddy B is the father of Baby B? Could that happen?
    (tl;dr 2 different kids have fathers that are brothers, but have same mom)
    It will obviously be one messed twisted family tree.

Yep that's fine to do. You just can't use the same Sim twice for baby making but their relatives are fair game, haha. My matriarch has kids with both Geoffrey Landgraab and his son Malcolm Landgraab. She also has kids with both Mortimer Goth and his son Alexander Goth. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top