The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats Up With The Cheats ?

RedWingsFan5RedWingsFan5 Posts: 360 Member
When i type in testingcheats true and do it one time and make them happy i have to type it everytime i want to do that ?

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    > @catmando830 said:
    > yes indeedy

That's messed up the 3rd one we didn't have to do that :/ . I wonder what changed ?
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    every time you go to a loading screen you will have to do that unless you get the mod from mts that prevents it.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535757

the only thing this mod does it override the need to type it in every time.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    With this mod do I have to type in the command the first time? Or its automatically on cheats true once you load that game?
  • Options
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > With this mod do I have to type in the command the first time? Or its automatically on cheats true once you load that game?

I would like to know that myself :(
  • Options
    jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    Every time you (not your sim) leave the lot you have to type it in again. Very annoying. I have yet to find a mod to fix this.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    The cheats are another disappointing part if the game, considering I always have played with cheats since Sims 2. They are a big part of the game for me, and they are terrible in this game.
  • Options
    hotrod35075901hotrod35075901 Posts: 73 Member
    you don't have to type in anything with that mod, it takes care of the testing cheat defaults it to always on
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    The cheats are another disappointing part if the game, considering I always have played with cheats since Sims 2. They are a big part of the game for me, and they are terrible in this game.

Just curious and interested as to what you mean by 'disappointing' and in relation to what specific cheats.
    I can't think of any cheats for myself that I wish were in the game, or that don't do the job I need them to do.

However, I agree that typing in testingcheats all the time does get quite tedious.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member

Just curious and interested as to what you mean by 'disappointing' and in relation to what specific cheats.
    I can't think of any cheats for myself that I wish were in the game, or that don't do the job I need them to do.

However, I agree that typing in testingcheats all the time does get quite tedious.

For one, there is no "constrainfloorelevation cheat"

Also in previous games you could easily drag up relationships and mood bars (specifically each bar) and you con't do that in this game, which makes it tedious to type in the command line to increase relationships or to constantly use "make happy" when I want a specific need to go up. It is limiting more than anything.
  • Options
    PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    Also in previous games you could easily drag up relationships and mood bars (specifically each bar) and you con't do that in this game, which makes it tedious to type in the command line to increase relationships or to constantly use "make happy" when I want a specific need to go up. It is limiting more than anything.

I had a feeling you were going to say this, because after I posted I thought about the ability to do this in The Sims 2, I miss it too! :'(
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    You also cannot recall the last cheat you typed anymore by pushing the up-button on your clavier. It was easy to get a lot of morherlodes one after the other in the Sims 3