The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yea after 3 tries i finally got a boy. jagger.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friendsfan367 Congrats!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Congrats!

thanks. i'm glad it only took 3 tries that means i have 4 kids not 6.
  • Options
    BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    @CathyTea I contacted Pinstar by posting on the Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Gameplay Rules; I wasn't entirely sure how to efficiently contact him, so I figured that the official website would be most viewed and get me a response fastest. Thanks for your input of putting in Currently not in World Sims, I completely forgot about them! That would make the already tedious process a tad easier.
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    @CathyTea I contacted Pinstar by posting on the Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Gameplay Rules; I wasn't entirely sure how to efficiently contact him, so I figured that the official website would be most viewed and get me a response fastest. Thanks for your input of putting in Currently not in World Sims, I completely forgot about them! That would make the already tedious process a tad easier.

Wonderful! I've heard that's a great way to get rulings from him. Lots of us are populating our towns with Currently Not in World--and that is a Pinstar-complaint approach. It's also fine to download Gallery Sims and move them in! Have fun! Oh! And watch to see how amazing your Sims become by generation 5 or so... some of us are simply blown away by our legacy kids! Smart and good-looking! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    @CathyTea Yes, I'm very excited to see which genes carry on throughout the challenge, and how much their house and family will grow! I'll keep you guys updated on how everything goes, and am contemplating whether or not to just make a blog out of this challenge. Thanks for all the help on getting me started with this challenge!
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    @BlueSimmer19 Blogs are so much fun! That way, you'll be able to look back and remember your Sims and all the crazy things they've done! (And we can all enjoy reading it!)

• Options
    @BlueSimmer19 Blogs are so much fun! That way, you'll be able to look back and remember your Sims and all the crazy things they've done! (And we can all enjoy reading it!)

my friends have better memories than me rgarding my stories. i do rember when nyla my founder colin s wife from my first legacy died and his first thought was i need to pee. but without cathtea i wouldn't have remered who was who.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Does that make me a game-geek fan-girl to remember everybody else's Sims?

• Options
    @friendsfan367 Does that make me a game-geek fan-girl to remember everybody else's Sims?

that makes you awesome.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Aw. Thanks, FriendsFan!

• Options

your welcome.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

why do you have 4 stories? i think goofy love is the current one right?i can't figure out where to start reading

• Options

why do you have 4 stories? i think goofy love is the current one right?i can't figure out where to start reading

Oh, man! By now I have seven stories! hahaha! See what happens when I have to take a little break from the legacy? I start new stories!

Goofy Love is the legacy--I'm on Gen 5 with it, and the chapter that's currently on my home page is from Goofy Love.

One of the stories is finished: Harrington's Wonder Child. So if you read that, you can read from start to finish.

Then, when the Wonder Child grows up, she moves into the story called Houseful of Hippies, which is told by a young Cathy Tea (not really that much like me, actually, since she grew up in the game!) Houseful of Hippies has lots and lots of Sims from other stories that come to visit, and it has turned into this big, cosmic mega-love story with a legacy kid from @FloorRaisin 's Wolff Legacy.

Two little stories, Drifter and Walden Once More, are sort of boring challenges, where I mostly just ramble with odd thoughts--but Drifter has a really fun and exciting cross-over with @Bilmonaghan 's Le Dynastie d'Angers.

And then "Playable" (which I think of as my weird, experimental, "let's think about life and what it means to be human and let's think about games and what it means to be Sim" story) has almost entirely characters from Le Dynastie d'Angers.

And "Dr. Jasmine's Casebook" (which is my most recent story) is what I think of as my sweet story. That's where I put all my sweetness so I can feel happy about life.

All the stories except for Harrington's Wonder Child are current. They all have Tables of Contents on my blog, so a reader could just choose one and read through.

Why do I have so many stories? Oh, I don't know! I love newness! And I like to have different stories for different ideas and feelings, and I love to move from one project to another, and I always want to have lots to think about! That's what makes life fun!

• Options

Oh, man! By now I have seven stories! hahaha! See what happens when I have to take a little break from the legacy? I start new stories!

Goofy Love is the legacy--I'm on Gen 5 with it, and the chapter that's currently on my home page is from Goofy Love.

One of the stories is finished: Harrington's Wonder Child. So if you read that, you can read from start to finish.

Then, when the Wonder Child grows up, she moves into the story called Houseful of Hippies, which is told by a young Cathy Tea (not really that much like me, actually, since she grew up in the game!) Houseful of Hippies has lots and lots of Sims from other stories that come to visit, and it has turned into this big, cosmic mega-love story with a legacy kid from @FloorRaisin 's Wolff Legacy.

Two little stories, Drifter and Walden Once More, are sort of boring challenges, where I mostly just ramble with odd thoughts--but Drifter has a really fun and exciting cross-over with @Bilmonaghan 's Le Dynastie d'Angers.

And then "Playable" (which I think of as my weird, experimental, "let's think about life and what it means to be human and let's think about games and what it means to be Sim" story) has almost entirely characters from Le Dynastie d'Angers.

And "Dr. Jasmine's Casebook" (which is my most recent story) is what I think of as my sweet story. That's where I put all my sweetness so I can feel happy about life.

All the stories except for Harrington's Wonder Child are current. They all have Tables of Contents on my blog, so a reader could just choose one and read through.

Why do I have so many stories? Oh, I don't know! I love newness! And I like to have different stories for different ideas and feelings, and I love to move from one project to another, and I always want to have lots to think about! That's what makes life fun!

if i start multiple legacies at once you might really go bald. now i have reading to do tomorrow.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 I think I write too much for anyone to be able to keep up with! Please read only if it's fun--otherwise, it'll get in the way of playing Sims! :)

• Options
    @friendsfan367 I think I write too much for anyone to be able to keep up with! Please read only if it's fun--otherwise, it'll get in the way of playing Sims! :)

started with goofy love.
  • Options

• Options
    jagger aged up. since its a gentic challege i moved his granma in to help . none of my sim kids never meet each other.
  • Options
    i think marilee and frankie enjoyed their vacation . she came back pregnant
  • Options
    drat i got start from the last save frankie died. in a fire
  • Options

That's one way to have a good vacation!

• Options
    edited February 2015

That's one way to have a good vacation!

yea but then frankie burned up when the barbaque caught fie and granma died the same day. if their anything like brian i need to start from the last save to keep the happy mood.that all happened whrn they got back.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 What? What? Oh, what a disaster! That is so sad. Vacations! Geez! not worth it.

• Options
    @friendsfan367 What? What? Oh, what a disaster! That is so sad. Vacations! Geez! not worth it.

no it happened when they got back. whats funny is marilee was the older one. i aged frankie up so they could get married so chronologically she should have died before him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top