The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 You could call it the Glitchy Legacy! And then, if you had typos, it would be no big deal! You could just say, "Hey! I'm just carrying the glitches through to my typing!" It will be a classic in SimLit!

(Actually, my favorite TS2 legacies are the ones that were from super glitchy games--so very funny!)

This is such a fun idea! There are always so many glitches in this game (for example: my Sims no longer use the kitchen sink to wash dishes. For a while they were piling them up on one of the kid's desks upstairs, now they just any one of the 3 bathroom sinks!). I think that's sometimes what makes the game.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i brought the family home. now i have to sad teens . the 2 oldest girls aged up while in gf. i had no idea they would i thought aging was suspended.
  • Options
    i wondered why the kids didn't go to school. then i realized it was saturday.
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

Lol! Happens to the best of us...usually I'm just wishing it was Saturday in my game.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Lol! Happens to the best of us...usually I'm just wishing it was Saturday in my game.

I hate it when it's Saturday in my game, but Monday in my life, and I forget I have to go to work because I think it's Saturday!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    i really should start a blog most of my lols come directly from this thread . so my sims are either funny or weird or a comobonation.
  • Options
    i should figure out how to post my family tree. . i don't want cathtea to go bald because i confused her.
  • Options
    nightmaresilencenightmaresilence Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well, I've hit a pretty huge bug in my game where whenever I load my lot my family isn't there. I can't call them home and they aren't visible until I manage world, open up another family, then reload mine. It's pretty much restricted me to never leaving my lot and the whole having to load a new family up every single time I wanna play my game is getting tiring really quick.

Edit: I think I fixed it but I had to destroy my house and cheat to get my money back in order to build a new identical one (I have it saved in my library.) Cheers to the generations going on, poo to losing my house. D:
    Post edited by nightmaresilence on
  • Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,605 Member
  • Options
    yea frankie has a girlfriend. hes the younger of the twins who just aged to teens. he gave her a promise ring to. this all happened the day he became a teen.
  • Options
    BlueSimmer19BlueSimmer19 Posts: 71 Member
    Hey, I've been considering doing the legacy challenge for a while now, but I'm a bit hesitant. For everyone in this thread participating in this challenge, is DTS really so bad as it seems? I just don't want my Sims to not be able to get partners because of DTS culling all of the townies. Opinions? Thoughts?
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    Hey, I've been considering doing the legacy challenge for a while now, but I'm a bit hesitant. For everyone in this thread participating in this challenge, is DTS really so bad as it seems? I just don't want my Sims to not be able to get partners because of DTS culling all of the townies. Opinions? Thoughts?

Hiya! DTS hits when the world population (including ghosts) reaches 180. For most players, it seems to take effect around gen 3 or 4. I don't mind it all, for the game continues to generate Sims. The strategy that my Sims take romantically is to go for the whirl-wind romance (meet, match, move-in all in a day), and if I find other Sims I want to keep around, I just move them into houses. Some legacy-players move families from the gallery into houses. And you might want to keep an eye on @Bilmonaghan 's thread for Le Dynastie D'Angers as his legacy story has a major plot around DTS and also provides a few hints that there may (at some point) be a solution or two in the works!

Legacies are so much fun that I wouldn't let DTS discourage you!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    preordered get to work today.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    frankie got married. he and his wife are expecting baby number 1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @CathyTea Thanks a lot for giving your opinion on DTS! With your words in mind, I decided to give it a go! I haven't started game play just yet, but I'm developing my founders background story. Thanks again, CathyTea!
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    @CathyTea Thanks a lot for giving your opinion on DTS! With your words in mind, I decided to give it a go! I haven't started game play just yet, but I'm developing my founders background story. Thanks again, CathyTea!

Oh, yay! Have a blast and keep us updated! :)

• Options

now i know how cathtea feels when i confuse her. i have no idea what dts is.
  • Options

now i know how cathtea feels when i confuse her. i have no idea what dts is.

Hiya! It's Disappearing Townie Syndrome--when the Townies that are generated disappear overnight! You meet somebody you like, then next day, they're gone! So sad.

I've taken it on as a challenge so my Sims can do speed-dating!

• Options
    my sims seem to go on exatly one date then move in together and get married
  • Options
    my sims seem to go on exatly one date then move in together and get married

That's why you don't have to worry about DTS!

• Options
    just curious has anyone ever had luck with the baby due date interaction?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    frankie is a twin and now he has twins. girls
  • Options
    I wonder, when DTS shows up, couldn't you just save your houshold to the gallery, as well as your lot, and then transfer them to a new save game? Although it might be a bit strange that all the premade townies are back, I suppose you could exchange them with families found on the Gallery. Just a thought, of course.

@friendsfan367 I don't think that the interaction is actually suppose to tell you the due date, unlike in the Sims 3. You could easily estimate how long away your Sim is from labor by checking the moodlet and seeing how much time until the next trimester and etc.
    The Snodgrass Legacy
    [url="URL[/url]
    Coming Soon
  • Options
    the girls are kids and frankie is pregnant agin .well his wife is
  • Options
    @BlueSimmer That's a fantastic idea! If you wanted to be Pinstar-compliant, you could check with him to make sure it's ok. I think it sounds really good, though, and I like your idea of swapping out pre-mades with Gallery families. You could also swap them out with Townies through Manage Worlds (Currently not in World).

I try to save a copy of each generation to My Library, just as a back-up in case of big crash. That would be fun to start a new game with them every generation or two!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top